PDA

View Full Version : The level up thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Q-man
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
I wonder how many posts until the web server starts to hate this thread.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 08:03 AM
We will find that answer out with another thread first. The word association thread must be up to 6 million posts by now..

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
You can only hope panthro...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to initiate The Level Up Thread Must Die, thread, or The Anti-Level Up Thread, thread.

Would be hilarious, and busy threads, at that.

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to initiate The Level Up Thread Must Die, thread, or The Anti-Level Up Thread, thread.

But most of the posters in those threads would be the people who post in this thread....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 02:06 PM
...and your point is, Soft Serve? :confused:

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I'd do it if we still got XP for people posting in them.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I'd do it if we still got XP for people posting in them.
I never do anything on these boards for xp. I initiate and participate in threads for the camaraderie of it all. So i say, go for it, Soft Serve. It would be just what the Cleric ordered for a Friday holiday.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gifThat gives me a great idea. If i can talk <mystery person> into it, you'll see the fruition of my plans on P&PG. :becky:

Wish me luck, everyone.

Sascha
07-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): Gus, you're not going to find a nanny on the internet. If they're posting there, they're already too desperate. It's like online dating. Remember when you went on matchmaker.com?
Burton 'Gus' Guster (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0384211/): You mean when you posted a profile of me without my knowledge?
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): Right, and all the women who responded were complete freaks.
Burton 'Gus' Guster (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0384211/): That's because you said you were looking for a woman strong enough to hold me.
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): I didn't think they would take it literally.
Psych, 2.8, "Rob-a-Bye Baby"

emblasochist
07-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey I'm all for a record holding title myself, even if only for a short while. That would be cool. However I'm betting that if emblasochist gets wind of it I can kiss that title good-bye. But I'm not about to petition Farcaster for said title. So what do you say Thoth? Your the man, er lich, with the real clout around here.:biggrin:

Some records, sir, are meant to stand the test of time. I *TRY* to contribute. So, yeah, I tied. I'm not even sure I am still a lurker...

Edit: Seems I am. Maybe I will break the record.

The Anti-Level Up Thread would be vastly appropriate for anyone that consistently dies in P&P RPGs, or anyone that has played one of the numerous MMOs that allow you to delevel when you die...

Arkhemedes
07-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Well, I ended up dropping Farcaster a note after all as an after thought. We'll see what happens. But at best all I can hope for at this point is to have a share of the title. Good luck emblasochist! :biggrin:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey Farcaster, they have my vote.

<Thoth realizes his vote plus a token may get you a bus ride>

Q-man
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Would it be teh anti-lurker award? Since most lurkers are quiet and hide until the right moment to strike. And the award winner is obviously very talkative and probably wouldn't make much of a lurker.

Sascha
07-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Which is why nobody ever expects the loud, obvious ones :P

emblasochist
07-03-2009, 05:07 PM
What, no popular media quote this time Sascha?

Sascha
07-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Carlton Lassiter (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0648486/): What, no witty retort? No reference to some obscure 80s film? Wow! O'Hara write this down.
Juliet O'Hara (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0493279/): I don't have a pen.
Carlton Lassiter (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0648486/): Make note of the date and time that I, Carlton Lassiter, actually shut Shawn Spencer's cavernous pie hole.
[Shawn mutters under his breath]
Carlton Lassiter (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0648486/): Sorry, what was that?
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): Something about "Night of the Comet". Just forget it.
Psych, 3.13, "Any Given Friday Night at 10 PM, 9 PM Central"

(:D)

emblasochist
07-03-2009, 05:12 PM
How incredibly appropriate. Also, thought I'd say that I dinged 11 today. I might break the level record, Arkh, for the lurker thing.

tesral
07-03-2009, 05:13 PM

An anti-level up thread would have to be never posted in.

The Anti-Level Up Thread would be vastly appropriate for anyone that consistently dies in P&P RPGs,..

That leaves me out.

Hey Farcaster, they have my vote.

<Thoth realizes his vote plus a token may get you a bus ride>

I would bribe the bus driver to be sure.

emblasochist
07-03-2009, 05:15 PM
No, the anti-level up thread would have to be posted in if you wanted to DELEVEL, for reasons such as to weaken enemies your party faces, or similar nonsense.

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
No, the anti-level up thread would have to be posted in if you wanted to DELEVEL, for reasons such as to weaken enemies your party faces, or similar nonsense.I'm not shure that makes any sense.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm not shure that makes any sense.
Appears someone started celebrating 4th of July, early. :biggrin:

emblasochist
07-03-2009, 07:41 PM
To celebrate the 4th of July, I get trashed on the 3rd. After all, Jefferson finished writing the Declaration on the 3rd...

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 07:43 PM
No, I mean exactly why would any one want to de-level?

Q-man
07-03-2009, 08:09 PM
If you're a lower level then kills are worth more experience, they are just a lot harder. Maybe there's a level cap on some dungeons, goblins won't spawn if you are above that limit?

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Ah yes, back to 3.5. In 4e, the mosters xp value doesn't change vased on the party's levels.

Arkhemedes
07-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Ah yes, back to 3.5. In 4e, the mosters xp value doesn't change vased on the party's levels.
What's this? The experience point value of monsters changes? Why was I not told? When did this happen? Guess that's what I get for living in a cave!

tesral
07-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Yep the refighting of the American Revolution will start tonight and likely last through Sunday. My neighbors want to make sure we won.

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 09:19 PM
What's this? The experience point value of monsters changes? Why was I not told? When did this happen? Guess that's what I get for living in a cave!Back in 3.5, the was a level modifier aplied to the xp value a character receaved from monsters based of of the deferential between the level of the PC and the level of the monster. This caused lower level party members to gain more xp per fight then higher level ones, thus helping close the level gap over time. In 4e, this feature is absent.

Arkhemedes
07-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Hmmm...yeah, I'm just now getting around to learning 3.x (like I said - living in a cave). There's another rule I may consider changing. But I'll take a good look at it first. Thanks for the warning.

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
No problem. The nice thing about it, was that if you had a player join late, or have to start over, then this alowed them to catch up to the rest of the group much faster, which was its purpose. The down side was the extra math.

Arkhemedes
07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, in situations like that I typically give the new character the same amount or just under the amount of experience that the lowest level member already in the group has at that point.

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 10:20 PM
That's usualy what I do, but not all GM's do that. One of my current GM's requires all new characters to start at level 1. If this is the result of character death, he alow's the player to keep the xp he/she gained in their character's finnal sesson, but that's all.

tesral
07-03-2009, 10:41 PM
That's usualy what I do, but not all GM's do that. One of my current GM's requires all new characters to start at level 1. If this is the result of character death, he alow's the player to keep the xp he/she gained in their character's finnal sesson, but that's all.

Harsh. While it doesn't come up much it depends on how they died.
-- Died, like it just happens sometimes. You come in at the base level everyone else is at.
-- Died heroic? Bonus XP or stat points to spend on new PC.
-- Died Stupid? Lose a level.

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Most of my GM's have new characters start out at the base xp for th level party's lowest level charcter. I have another GM who's mking characters start out at level 1, but the highest party mamber is only level 3, and several characters are only 2nd level. It's my first champain with this guy, so I don't know if he'll change that once we start getting to higher levels.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Most of my GM's have new characters start out at the base xp for th level party's lowest level charcter. I have another GM who's mking characters start out at level 1, but the highest party mamber is only level 3, and several characters are only 2nd level. It's my first champain with this guy, so I don't know if he'll change that once we start getting to higher levels.

did any of them get hairballs?

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 10:56 PM
No.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 10:59 PM
No.
Way to wordy there, Chatty-Kathy. Clip your string.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Which is why nobody ever expects the loud, obvious ones :P

"It's the quiet ones that'll get ya. It's the quiet ones that'll get ya. If you are sitting in a bar and one guy is sitting in a corner quietly reading a book, and another guy is sitting at the bar with a machette banging his fist into the bar screaming, 'I'm gonna kill the next mother fu^&er that walks in here....'Which one are you gonna watch?" -George Carlin

tesral
07-03-2009, 11:04 PM
"It's the quiet ones that'll get ya. It's the quiet ones that'll get ya. If you are sitting in a bar and one guy is sitting in a corner quietly reading a book, and another guy is sitting at the bar with a machette banging his fist into the bar screaming, 'I'm gonna kill the next mother fu^&er that walks in here....'Which one are you gonna watch?" -George Carlin

The one with hairballs.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:07 PM
good rule of thumb Tes

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:14 PM
No.

Way to wordy there, Chatty-Kathy. Clip your string.
Hey, I'm not one of those people who keeps going on and on and just can't shut up. I mean it's not like I'm a chatter-box or something. No, sir! I know when to shut up. Won't here any extranious chatter out of me. I'm not one of those guys who has to keep talking just cause I like the sound of my own vioce. I am well practiced at not being wordy. I know people who have to say something three or four ime before they think its even remotly possible that they may have actualy made their point. Nope, short, succinct, and to the point that's me. It's not like I was the guy in speach class who had his grade lowered for going over the time limit on his speaches or something like that. My goal is to be short and to the point so I don't waste words saying superfuous things. That just wastes time and annoys people, and I wouldn't want to annoy anybondy. That would be really rude if I just went around annoying people by talking to much. So I don't do that kind of thing. "Short and sweet," that's my motto. No extra syllables out of me, no way no how. I'm certainly not the type to chew up extra bandwith or server spance with a bunch of extra type that no one is going to read anyway. So there. Not a blabermouth. Nope, not me.:biggrin:

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey, I'm not one of those people who keeps going on and on and just can't shut up. I mean it's not like I'm a chatter-box or something. No, sir! I know when to shut up. Won't here any extranious chatter out of me. I'm not one of those guys who has to keep talking just cause I like the sound of my own vioce. I am well practiced at not being wordy. I know people who have to say something three or four ime before they think its even remotly possible that they may have actualy made their point. Nope, short, succinct, and to the point that's me. It's not like I was the guy in speach class who had his grade lowered for going over the time limit on his speaches or something like that. My goal is to be short and to the point so I don't waste words saying superfuous things. That just wastes time and annoys people, and I wouldn't want to annoy anybondy. That would be really rude if I just went around annoying people by talking to much. So I don't do that kind of thing. "Short and sweet," that's my motto. No extra syllables out of me, no way no how. I'm certainly not the type to chew up extra bandwith or server spance with a bunch of extra type that no one is going to read anyway. So there. Not a blabermouth. Nope, not me.:biggrin:

seriously man...if you were native american you would be chief no talk. Can you at least try to say more than the minimum amount of words to convey your message properly!!! :)

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Genesplicer I decoded your message and went to the Red Sox stadium chair number A21 but when I ripped open the seat to find the anthrax to be released into the ventillation so that we may all float to our greater gods the security only tackled me and tried to put me in federal prison.

Tell Cthulhu I'm sorry....

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:30 PM
seriously man...if you were native american you would be chief no talk. Can you at least try to say more than the minimum amount of words to convey your message properly!!! :)
Short sentances are the best way to aviod hairballs.

Genesplicer I decoded your message and went to the Red Sox stadium chair number A21 but when I ripped open the seat to find the anthrax to be released into the ventillation so that we may all float to our greater gods the security only tackled me and tried to put me in federal prison.

Tell Cthulhu I'm sorry....That's because you were suposed to tare out urinal A2 on the 1st level to reveal the secret portal to the resting place of the necronomicon!!! What's with this anthrax crap?

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Hairballs are tricky. They can happen at any time. Doesn't matter if it is 1 word or 497. You can be in the middle of a sentence and then HUH HLAFFF!!! And then BLAMO! Hairball on the newly cleaned carpet!

tesral
07-03-2009, 11:37 PM
And Anthrax will not prevent hairballs.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:38 PM
yea I have read recently that anthrax is potentially bad for peoples health!

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Oh so thats what you meant by chatter-box that part lost me.

Well anyway I'm off to get the death sentence and become one with the undead.

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Well anyway I'm off to get the death sentence and become one with the undead.Try contacting Thoth, he can help you with that last part.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:41 PM
yea he might be able to make it fast and painless OR slow and horribly painful...whichever floats your boat...

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I used my last phone call already...

...I really, really wanted a Sham-wow...

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:43 PM

that guy beats up hookers for fun! I'd like to see him clean up that mess with his "Amazing" product!

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:44 PM
I just leveled up! Horay for me!!

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:46 PM
congrats! you should use my DING THREAD FOR THAT! (shameless plug) :)

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 11:47 PM
I just leveled up! Horay for me!!

YAY from my new rocket chair!

bzzzt :eek:

THIS IS NO ROCKET CHA--BZZT--

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:48 PM
ummm soft? it looks like you got my forwarded e-mails? :)

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Do I even want to ask?

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:50 PM
lol soft loves boner pills......

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:53 PM
A simple "no" would have surficed.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:54 PM
what can I say? I am a man of few words! :)

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Ha...Ha...Haaa....:ohwell:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Always hated Hee Haw

tesral
07-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Always hated Hee Haw

Did they get your goat?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Also always hated Bonanza, Argh!

Sascha
07-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Buttercup was just trying to get your goat.
Bubbles (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152839/): [grabs her stuffed goat] Oh...
The Powerpuff Girls

tesral
07-04-2009, 01:44 AM
Also always hated Bonanza, Argh!

Did your late sister date one of the Cartwrights?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Did your late sister date one of the Cartwrights?
If she did, she didn't say anything. Hey, here's some interesting trivia. My best friends sister dated David Lee Roth for 3 days. She dumped him for cheating. LOL

GoddessGood
07-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Might I recommend "Good Eats" on the food network. Check the website if you don't get it. It's the first cooking show that has improved cooking in this house. Heck fresh bread was made today.
Alton Brown taught me to cook. I have made his biscuits, donuts, pies, etc. Pie crust, however, has defeated me three times now. I just can't seem to get it right :mad:

Wow crazy I have been gone how long and this thing still exsits? lol
Yaye for Chi-is-back ... several pages ago ...

Zombie Survival Guide....great book.
What about that one where they re-wrote Pride and Prejudice and added in zombies?

Yea, but if you fireblast willie-nillie, then you run a pretty good chance of killing other survivors (like thos well endowed blonds Panthro mentioned) and that could be bad. Getting eaten your self is worse of course, but It might pay off to exercise a little restraint (very grateful fully loaded blonds). If at all possible that is.
Why can't the red-heads get any love?

Watch this, you're gonna love my nuts (http://poetv.com/video.php?vid=58544). (quote is from 1:03, by the way)

Ok, now that I've caught up on the last 16 pages that I missed, I will go on about my day :). I have been, and always shall be, a poster in this thread.

tesral
07-04-2009, 10:46 AM
If she did, she didn't say anything. Hey, here's some interesting trivia. My best friends sister dated David Lee Roth for 3 days. She dumped him for cheating. LOL

Then she didn't date one. Getting romantically interested in a Cartwright is a death sentence.

Why can't the red-heads get any love?

I married a redhead.

Sascha
07-04-2009, 11:11 AM
[Anne, after a failed attempt to dye her hair]
Anne Shirley (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001227/): I thought nothing could be as bad as red hair. Green is ten times worse.
Anne of Green Gables

Soft Serve
07-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Buttercup was just trying to get your goat.
Bubbles (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152839/): [grabs her stuffed goat] Oh...
The Powerpuff Girls

I actually liked the Powerpuff Girls. Like if you get past the fact that it's three little girls it can be pretty damn hilarious. Like when they tie a bag of rocks to the feet of a cat and laugh at it.

Yaye for Chi-is-back ... several pages ago ...

What about that one where they re-wrote Pride and Prejudice and added in zombies?

Watch this, you're gonna love my nuts (http://poetv.com/video.php?vid=58544). (quote is from 1:03, by the way)

Ok, now that I've caught up on the last 16 pages that I missed, I will go on about my day :). I have been, and always shall be, a poster in this thread.

Yay for Chi's half return...

I bet that Pride and Prejudice with Zombies is about 15x better. It didn't work with Marvel Zombies really. (to me at least) but that's because it's cross genre of coolness which isn't always good. But Glory (The civil war movie) The Patriot (another civil war movie) Saving Private Ryan (WWII), Hancock (Superhero), and every single reality TV show would be so much better off with Zombies.

HOLY DIVER! The old lady was hilarious...

Baldwin Stonewood
07-04-2009, 11:56 AM
From a classic movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail

God: What are you doing now?
King Arthur: Averting our eyes, oh Lord.
God: Well, don't. It's just like those miserable psalms, always so depressing. Now knock it off!

Panthro82
07-04-2009, 11:57 AM

I haven't read that yet, but I hear it is an awesome book!

Sascha
07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Mayor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0444786/): My favorite hat's been ruined. And, oh yeah, Townsville's under attack by an evil demented zombie magician.

Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Would you stop destroying Townsville with your evil zombie magic, pleeeease?
The Powerpuff Girls, 1.5, "Abracadaver"

I actually liked the Powerpuff Girls. Like if you get past the fact that it's three little girls it can be pretty damn hilarious. Like when they tie a bag of rocks to the feet of a cat and laugh at it.
It gets funnier when they try to be normal little girls.

Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): [immitating Blossom] Blossom here. What's the trouble?
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Hey! What do you mean, "Blossom here?"
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): I'm Blossom now.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I actually am Blossom, so you can't be Blossom.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Could you hold on a sec, Mayor? We're playing pretend, right?
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Right.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Then I'm pretending to be Blossom.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Well, you can't.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Why not?
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Because you were playing the monster.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Well, now I'm playing Blossom.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Well, then who am I supposed to be?
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Bubbles.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): No way! You be Bubbles!
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): No way! You be Bubbles!
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): You're Bubbles!
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): You're Bubbles!
Bubbles (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152839/): I'll be Bubbles!
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/)/Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): YOU CAN'T!
2.23, "The Powerpuff Girls' Best Rainy Day Adventure Ever"

Genesplicer
07-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Why can't the red-heads get any love?What are you complianing about? You have a significant other.
I have been, and always shall be, a poster in this thread.Does this mean you're about to die on us, and force us to go on some realy invoved quest to reserect you?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
:usa:Oh, and happy 4th of July everyone!!!!:usa2:

Panthro82
07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
yea happy 4th. Its been beautiful here most of the day. Down poured for like 30 minutes but besides that 80, sunny and breezy. Perfect weather.

Baldwin Stonewood
07-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Happy 4th of July. Today's goal is to make sure you end the day with as many fingers as you began with.

Soft Serve
07-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Mayor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0444786/): My favorite hat's been ruined. And, oh yeah, Townsville's under attack by an evil demented zombie magician.

Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Would you stop destroying Townsville with your evil zombie magic, pleeeease?
The Powerpuff Girls, 1.5, "Abracadaver"

It gets funnier when they try to be normal little girls.

Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): [immitating Blossom] Blossom here. What's the trouble?
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Hey! What do you mean, "Blossom here?"
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): I'm Blossom now.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I actually am Blossom, so you can't be Blossom.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Could you hold on a sec, Mayor? We're playing pretend, right?
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Right.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Then I'm pretending to be Blossom.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Well, you can't.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Why not?
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Because you were playing the monster.
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Well, now I'm playing Blossom.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): Well, then who am I supposed to be?
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): Bubbles.
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/): No way! You be Bubbles!
Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): No way! You be Bubbles!
Bubbles (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152839/): I'll be Bubbles!
Blossom (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146681/)/Buttercup (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0197354/): YOU CAN'T!
2.23, "The Powerpuff Girls' Best Rainy Day Adventure Ever"

See? They're great.

Panthro82
07-04-2009, 03:10 PM
yea 4th of July is probably one of the top days of the year in terms of losing limbs...ahhh what we americans do for the sake of entertainment!

Soft Serve
07-04-2009, 03:12 PM
yea 4th of July is probably one of the top days of the year in terms of losing limbs...ahhh what we americans do for the sake of entertainment!

♥ :usa2: ♥

Panthro82
07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I've always wanted to see the fireworks that are synced up to the music. Like when the word stars is in the song, the fireworks are stars. I have heard those shows are awesome to see live.

emblasochist
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I always wanted to be a Disney pyrotechnician. Makes 4th of July feel like every day, and that isn't a bad thing. After all, there can be no such thing as TOO MUCH American patriotism.

tesral
07-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Happy
July 4th (http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4489128)

emblasochist
07-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Close, but no cigar.

HAPPY 4th of July, America, and f*** you, everybody else.

Or something similar.

Soft Serve
07-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Close, but no cigar.

HAPPY 4th of July, America, and f*** you, everybody else.

Or something similar.

How...the hell...did I get a referral from the chat. But people can post like this and about butt rape and it's perfectly fine.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Only the God's know...

emblasochist
07-05-2009, 08:25 AM
I imagine that it had to do with the fact that I censored myself?

GoddessGood
07-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I married a redhead.
So ... yeah, no love then, right? ;)

What are you complianing about? You have a significant other.Does this mean you're about to die on us, and force us to go on some realy invoved quest to reserect you?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
:usa:Oh, and happy 4th of July everyone!!!!:usa2:
Dangit, you've discovered my plan to highjack this thread.

Q-man
07-05-2009, 11:45 AM
How can you hijack this thread? The subject changes everytime I come back to read it. You'd have to hijack the hijack of the hijack or something.

Sascha
07-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Dangit, you've discovered my plan to highjack this thread.
Cordelia (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004806/): I personally don't think it's possible to come up with a crazier plan.
Oz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001293/): We attack the Mayor with humus.
Cordelia (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004806/): I stand corrected.
Oz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001293/): Just keeping things in perspective.
Cordelia (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004806/): Thank you.
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, 3.22, "Graduation Day"

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I got a slap on the wrist too, but it was my first day on the site.

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I imagine that it had to do with the fact that I censored myself?

Well if that's the case then asterisks have just become my new best friend.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Noticed we have a new member here on P&PG that is into WFRP. Always a cool thing.

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Bannanas!

Sascha
07-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Maxwell Smart - Agent 86 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0010915/): I don't understand, Chief, what kind of an ape could be intelligent enough to put a banana in the mail?
Larabee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0440289/): Probably one that worked in the post office.
Maxwell Smart - Agent 86 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0010915/): That's ridiculous, Larabee.
Larabee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0440289/): I understand during the Christmas rush they'll hire anything.
Get Smart, 5.10, "The Apes of Rath"

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Bannana!

Q-man
07-05-2009, 02:25 PM
emblasochist lost his Lurker tag at 11, does that mean he's tied the record?

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Bannana!!!

Sascha
07-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Man: Is everything ok up there?
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): It's fine... Uh, Banana.
Speller 118 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1914585/): Can you repeat that?
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): Yes... Banana.
Burton 'Gus' Guster (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0384211/): Banana, Shawn? It's the third round!
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): You could have helped me!
Burton 'Gus' Guster (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0384211/): [whispering] This is a dead end Shawn. We're walking
[They start to pack up the tripod]
Speller 118 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1914585/): Definition please.
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): [whispering] What?...
[into microphone]
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): A yellow fruit. Also, a kind of pudding. A delicious pudding.
[Gus & Shawn try to rush out the door]
Speller 118 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1914585/): Sentence please.
Shawn Spencer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734442/): [Shawn gestures to the contestant, then returns to chair] Anna Banana, would like to hear, Venus by Bananarama... Banana.
[laughter in audience]
Speller 118 (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1914585/): B-A-N-A-N-A, banana.
Psych, 1.2, "Spellingg Bee"

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Orange!

Sascha
07-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Dr. Walter Bishop (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0633604/): To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. [he places the papaya in the container and steps back] This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Fringe, 1.6, "The Cure"

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Orange you all glad I didn't say banana?

Sascha
07-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Balki Bartokomous (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001621/): Don't be ridi-cool-us.
Perfect Strangers

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:45 PM
But it's fun to be ridiculous!

Sascha
07-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Xander (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0107183/): You wanna talk fun? Public bus. You meet the funnest people.
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, 3.5, "Homecoming"

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:05 PM
fruitbasket turnover

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I highly doubt Sascha watches so much Buffy because of how attractive its star is.. :)

Sascha
07-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Aang (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0878940/): You're crazy, aren't you?
Avatar: the Last Airbender, 1.13, "The Blue Spirit"

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:21 PM
"Crazy like a FOX!" -Homer Simpson "The Simpsons"

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:25 PM
"Yes, yes I am." - Phinies

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 03:29 PM
"Why are you all quoting now?"
--Myself.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:29 PM
"Grizzly Adams DID have a beard!" -Lee Travino "Happy Gilmore"

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:30 PM
"Spoon!" - The Tick

Sascha
07-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915762/): [smacked in the head yet again by Gibbs] You know, repeated trauma to the head can cause brain damage.
Special Agent Timothy McGee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0615266/): Explains a lot.
NCIS, 5.8, "Designated Target"

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Holy Divers! Soft you're right! It's a quote epidemic!

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Alright I quit this thread.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I found out recently that rabies are a bad thing!

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:36 PM
"Holy Rusted Metal Batman!" - Robin, Batman Forever

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Alright I quit this thread.
Sure you did. Who do you think you're kidding?

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:39 PM
yes I agree with Gene...monkey's indeed

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Until people stop quoting things I don't understand at least.

But I am quitting the chat except for games. Nobody really talks there, when they do it's perverted, and I'm one of only three to get in trouble for it. It's not really worth it.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:41 PM
you got in trouble in chat? who was there? man we've had some crazy moments in that chat room!

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
The time is 3:42 PM.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Actually, it's 1:45pm.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
actually it is 4:45 P.M.

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Yes for the acronym game. Me Cynic, and Ruki. I know Dague did once too but he quit the site anyway so.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
He quit? how come?

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 03:50 PM
The games he was playing ended.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:52 PM
was it tabletop? if not did he realize there are 85 quadrillion other games on this site?

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Actually, it's 1:45pm.

actually it is 4:45 P.M.Acording to the time-stamps on the posts, only Panthro got it right (acounting for time zone differances).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-05-2009, 03:54 PM
My time stamp on my post says 1:54pm. Thoth is correct, all others wish they understood the universe.

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 03:54 PM
No his game was online....It was in my group actually...lol.

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
My time stamp on my post says 1:54pm. Thoth is correct, all others wish they understood the universe.The time stamp on your 1:45 post is 1:44, so therefore you post was one minuet off. Genesplicer is correct.

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I like how to travel time you need only pick a direction, East or West and run as fast as you can.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:58 PM
It doesn't hurt to have a Delorian either!

Arkhemedes
07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
By the way, in answer to Q-man's query earlier today: Yes, emblasochist did lose his lurker status at 11th level, which, yes, means he did tie with me. Hurry, Q-man, you still have 24 hours before you lose lurker status - you can do it!!!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
If you're going to use a car, do it right with a Lambo.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
It also doesn't hurt to have the guy from Taxi with you to...

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Go Q-MAN!

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I like how to travel time you need only pick a direction, East or West and run as fast as you can.I read a sci-fi short story about that once. It took place on Mars. A crook was robing a mueseam, and broke in on Saturday night so he wouldn't be rushed as the mueseam was closed on Sundays. What the Thief didn't realize was that martian date-line ran through the city. So while it was Saturday night/Sunday morning at his hotel, at the Mueseam it was Sunday night/Monday Morning. He was caught by surprise when the morning shift arived to open.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Go Go Go, once you all make it to level 11, you can submit for a special title under your name. Farcaster just may got for it, one never knows the minds of Gods.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I can't remember what level I was when Lurker wore off....I know I was at least 10. I kept trying to level cause I figured the higher level I was, lurker might disappear. Heck I've only technically used this site for 3 months now and I hit 20 today.

Soft Serve
07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Go Go Go, once you all make it to level 11, you can submit for a special title under your name. Farcaster just may got for it, one never knows the minds of Gods.

Fair, yet vengeful?

Q-man
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
By the way, in answer to Q-man's query earlier today: Yes, emblasochist did lose his lurker status at 11th level, which, yes, means he did tie with me. Hurry, Q-man, you still have 24 hours before you lose lurker status - you can do it!!!

AAaaAAaahh! I can't handle the pressure!! :eek:

I don't think its fair to take the title from you guys though, I had warning that it might be available, so it'd be cheating to churn out a ton of posts today just to take the title.

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 08:53 PM
AAaaAAaahh! I can't handle the pressure!! :eek:

I don't think its fair to take the title from you guys though, I had warning that it might be available, so it'd be cheating to churn out a ton of posts today just to take the title.Just think of it as your normal everyday powerleveling.

tesral
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
So ... yeah, no love then, right? ;)

All the love I can handle. My wife is a model making, fan fiction writing, computer loving RPG gaming belly dancer. I would have a hard time doing better.

Bannana!!!

Do bananas get hairballs?

Until people stop quoting things I don't understand at least..

Better hide under the bed then as well.

My time stamp on my post says 1:54pm. Thoth is correct, all others wish they understood the universe.

Dude they only wish they wish they understood the universe. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

"Don't tell God what to do with his dice." --Heisenberg

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 09:29 PM
nothing like a good 80's montage!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I am really desiring to play GDQ1-7. Gotta set that up one day soon, perhaps as early as 2010.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 09:50 PM
I just found out recently about this new video game system which is slated for widespread release around 2011 I believe. It is the next step above the Wii. It senses your motions without a remote. Like in a shooter game you stand in front of the TV and duck, turn, aim. I saw a preview for a driving game and you put your hands up like they are on a steering wheel. Your right foot in front for gas and put it back for break. it looks incredible!

Arkhemedes
07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I just found out recently about this new video game system which is slated for widespread release around 2011 I believe. It is the next step above the Wii. It senses your motions without a remote. Like in a shooter game you stand in front of the TV and duck, turn, aim. I saw a preview for a driving game and you put your hands up like they are on a steering wheel. Your right foot in front for gas and put it back for break. it looks incredible!
Man, pretty soon we'll find excuses to stop leaving our homes all together and everything we do and see will just be a virtual copy of someone else's life. No thanks...I'll pass.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I would love to own it someday. I'll still go outside and go hiking and play basketball and hang out with friends. I think even the training potential for people in the military and driving is through the roof with this new system.

yukonhorror
07-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I heard microsoft is trying to develop that technology too. I saw an ad for programmers to develop the software for that.

emblasochist
07-05-2009, 10:51 PM
All the love I can handle. My wife is a model making, fan fiction writing, computer loving RPG gaming belly dancer. I would have a hard time doing better.

Dude they only wish they wish they understood the universe. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

"Don't tell God what to do with his dice." --Heisenberg

How did you find this woman? Did you give away your soul to someone for that kind of deal?

As for the universe thing, you obviously don't have any true enemies, maybe only demi-nemeses.

Finally, I rolled so many dice that the result was the invention of God. I haven't seen my dice since.

Sascha
07-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Ginormous explosions of thunder outside. Oh, Colorado weather, how I missed you. ^_^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-06-2009, 01:14 AM
57 degrees and getting cooler. How i love the Bay Area.

tesral
07-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Man, pretty soon we'll find excuses to stop leaving our homes all together and everything we do and see will just be a virtual copy of someone else's life. No thanks...I'll pass.

Says the man setting in front of his computer typing on the Internet.

How did you find this woman? Did you give away your soul to someone for that kind of deal?

God loves me, that is the only explanation I have.

As for the universe thing, you obviously don't have any true enemies, maybe only demi-nemeses.

Well, I'm not in the habit of making enemies and I outlive the few I get. Living well is the best revenge.

Finally, I rolled so many dice that the result was the invention of God. I haven't seen my dice since.

Look under the couch cushions.

Arkhemedes
07-06-2009, 08:49 AM
:lol:

Yeah, kinda figured I'd called out on that one. As they say, "Don't do what I do, do what I say!"

Panthro82
07-06-2009, 09:18 AM
monkey see monkey do? or is it you can't kill two stones with one bird? :)

Sascha
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Vizzini (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001728/): The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!
The Princess Bride

Panthro82
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
so you cant teach a young dog old tricks? :)

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 09:53 AM

Project Natal right? I'm kinda hating the idea...but only because your little 360 avatar is the one who will be doing everything. Imagine being in a WWII shooter with a little pimp in a white suit...Yeah...I hate the idea.

Panthro82
07-06-2009, 09:55 AM
yea it is Project Natal. COME ON! A pimp in WWII would rule!!!!

Q-man
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Project Natal right? I'm kinda hating the idea...but only because your little 360 avatar is the one who will be doing everything. Imagine being in a WWII shooter with a little pimp in a white suit...Yeah...I hate the idea.

Isn't that how it works in just about every first person game out there? Your avatar is always the only one doing anything productive. Having more interesting controls to do that with will make it a bad thing. With the full motion control you'll not only wear the pimp suit, but you'll be able to make him strut in it.

Panthro82
07-06-2009, 10:00 AM
The first thing I thought of when I saw this system was this zombie game for the Xbox360 that my friend and I spent like over 6 hours one day playing. The thought that we could play that game in a full body motion capture blew my mind.

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 10:11 AM
The first thing I thought of when I saw this system was this zombie game for the Xbox360 that my friend and I spent like over 6 hours one day playing. The thought that we could play that game in a full body motion capture blew my mind.

L4D2 in full mo-cap would make me shart with joy. I'd probably buy it and never leave again for anything short of...well the zombie apocalypse.

Q-man
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM
L4D2 in full mo-cap would make me shart with joy. I'd probably buy it and never leave again for anything short of...well the zombie apocalypse.

With all that full motion training done in the game, you'd be fit and ready to take on that apocalypse too!

Speaking of 'fit' I wonder if any of the games would mix exercise and game play? Not like the Wii fit, like an actual game that incorporated exercise based controls. You'll get some of that with just the basic ducking and dodging, but if they did more like jumping jacks to heal yourself or your chances of escape were linked to how fast/long you jogged in place.

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
With all that full motion training done in the game, you'd be fit and ready to take on that apocalypse too!

Speaking of 'fit' I wonder if any of the games would mix exercise and game play? Not like the Wii fit, like an actual game that incorporated exercise based controls. You'll get some of that with just the basic ducking and dodging, but if they did more like jumping jacks to heal yourself or your chances of escape were linked to how fast/long you jogged in place.

They would lose a lot of regular gamers. I can think of a certain-fat-lazy-good-for-nothing-step-brother-of-sorts who would be extremely uninterested in doing anything short of standing up to get a drink.

Sascha
07-06-2009, 11:13 AM
They would lose a lot of regular gamers. I can think of a certain-fat-lazy-good-for-nothing-step-brother-of-sorts who would be extremely uninterested in doing anything short of standing up to get a drink.
Maybe, but I'm betting they wouldn't want such a customer in the first place. If gameplay is good enough, we'll do any crazy thing out there (Dance Dance Revolution, anyone? ;)).

Arkhemedes
07-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe, but I'm betting they wouldn't want such a customer in the first place. If gameplay is good enough, we'll do any crazy thing out there (Dance Dance Revolution, anyone? ;)).
Are you serious? Wouldn't want such a customer? We are talking about the real world right?;)

Sascha
07-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Are you serious? Wouldn't want such a customer? We are talking about the real world right?;)
There's a real world now, too? I think I need to sit down; that's Mythos-level crazy~

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
There's a real world now, too? I think I need to sit down; that's Mythos-level crazy~

I love cthulhu quotes...You can quote H.P. Lovecraft all you want.

Speaking of him, He should have gotten a PHD.

Dr. Lovecraft....

Come on now...

Sascha
07-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I love cthulhu quotes...You can quote H.P. Lovecraft all you want.
Reading leads to terrible consequences.

Is why I stick with television. (;))

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Reading leads to terrible consequences.

Is why I stick with television. (;))

Haven't you seen Hulu commercials? They're trying to eat your brain!

Sascha
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Haven't you seen Hulu commercials? They're trying to eat your brain!
As long as they continue to provide my fix of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan and Nyoron~ Churuya-san shorts, internet-based television can have it.

I mean, if I have a brain, I'd understand what's going on in the world. And we can't have that, y'know. Too dangerous to own. And no instructions, geez.

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 01:21 PM
As long as they continue to provide my fix of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan and Nyoron~ Churuya-san shorts, internet-based television can have it.

I mean, if I have a brain, I'd understand what's going on in the world. And we can't have that, y'know. Too dangerous to own. And no instructions, geez.

Well aren't you on some kind of very strange self-destructive ball. :D

Sascha
07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Well aren't you on some kind of very strange self-destructive ball. :D
When it gets laughs, yes!

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
When it gets laughs, yes!

I can't say I'm not proud.

haha double negatives.

Katbutt
07-06-2009, 01:51 PM
My dragon that Kaewin had on another board to help hatched, his name is Solonariwan and I was hoping you guys could help him out... pretty please I don't want to lose him I've never had a dragon hatch before...

Q-man
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
How do we help the dragon out? Rather have him not be friendly than mad at me for snubbing him at a young age and eating me....

Katbutt
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
You just click on the picture of the dragon or egg depending on what we have in our sigs

yukonhorror
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM
its a mint dragon

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 02:25 PM
You just click on the picture of the dragon or egg depending on what we have in our sigs

Two things. I clicked him, and what a good idea to Advertise in the most popular thread on P&PG.

www.brandnewwar.webs.com (http://www.brandnewwar.webs.com)

The site I made. It has a flexible rules-set for WWII, Modern, Futuristic, and Fantasy warfare settings. Each of these settings can include elves, orks, dwarves, etc. Elves and dwarves invading russia with the rest of the Nazi War Machine. Mages flinging spells with their staves while demolitions members take out helicopters around you. Advanced VTOLs dropping you and the rest of your team into the heart of a battle while denizens of the underearth try to take your only hope of survival.

It has potential. :D

Q-man
07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Okey doke. I can click on all the signature dragons I see.

So Soft Serve is that meant to be a universal system, or does it just incorporate a ton of ideas into one large-ish game system?

I suppose I could go to the site and read for myself, but I figured if you're advertising lets give you a chance to plug it a bit more. ;-)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Lovecraft had the audacity to try and summon me once. I cursed him with devil dreams for the rest of his days. <he he evil laugh continues>

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Okey doke. I can click on all the signature dragons I see.

So Soft Serve is that meant to be a universal system, or does it just incorporate a ton of ideas into one large-ish game system?

I suppose I could go to the site and read for myself, but I figured if you're advertising lets give you a chance to plug it a bit more. ;-)

It's one single rules-light set with a WWII, Modern, Fantasy and Futuristic era available for you to use those rules in. Each era has it's own guns, and it's own vehicles and equipment. Also the introduction of fantasy in games is optional. Meaning you could have a WWII with Elves, Orks, Mages, etc. Or you could have WWII with the normal explosions and destruction.

Currently I am finishing up the Modern Page, then probably getting to work on a "Wounded" rule where taking a shot puts you at a disadvantage until a Medic or a Mage comes and heals you.

Sascha
07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Lovecraft had the audacity to try and summon me once. I cursed him with devil dreams for the rest of his days. <he he evil laugh continues>
Are you responsible for H.R. Giger's night terrors, too? :suspicious:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Are you responsible for H.R. Giger's night terrors, too? :suspicious:
He's got pretty good dream recall with my succubus demons. Yeah, he was a girl loser and wanted demon sex, he got succubus demons. Ha! in return, he gave me signed drawings of his work. Win-win, i'd say. :eek:

tesral
07-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Throw stones at me and I toss fireballs back.

so you cant teach a young dog old tricks? :)

Youth today, noting over five years old is of any value to them.

Open that big heavy door i nthe house, if the yellow sky demon doesn't burn you away you'll get to see the real world.

its a mint dragon

Juleps for everyone.

Better watch that Lovecraft guy. The devil dreams were likely an improvement. Oh, and your personal pronoun is slipping out again.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Throw stones at me and I toss fireballs back.

Youth today, noting over five years old is of any value to them.

Open that big heavy door i nthe house, if the yellow sky demon doesn't burn you away you'll get to see the real world.

Juleps for everyone.

Better watch that Lovecraft guy. The devil dreams were likely an improvement. Oh, and your personal pronoun is slipping out again.
Is it, thanx for pointing that out. I'd tolerate no insult from any mere mortal, but seeing as you've been around for as many 1000's of years as i, being a fellow immortal, and because of said fact and your ability to see the universe in a unique way lost on mortals, i will overlook the slight.

Sascha
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
It's most certainly trying to kill me, that's for sure. (That, and I'm mostly nocturnal, anyways; lots of little light-thingies, but they's scared of me, mwahahaha.)

Arkhemedes
07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
It's most certainly trying to kill me, that's for sure. (That, and I'm mostly nocturnal, anyways; lots of little light-thingies, but they's scared of me, mwahahaha.)
Hey, I was wondering. Have you ever seen the portions of the movie "Jacob's Ladder" that hit the editing room floor? The scene where this giant monstrous eye is peeping through a corner of the ceiling that has been torn away? I don't know, but something just made me think of that.

Sascha
07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Hey, I was wondering. Have you ever seen the portions of the movie "Jacob's Ladder" that hit the editing room floor? The scene where this giant monstrous eye is peeping through a corner of the ceiling that has been torn away? I don't know, but something just made me think of that.
For some really strange reason, Jacob's Ladder references always map to Lorenzo's Oil in my head. I have no idea why. Makes for a rather strange referent :P

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Is it, thanx for pointing that out. I'd tolerate no insult from any mere mortal, but seeing as you've been around for as many 1000's of years as i, being a fellow immortal, and because of said fact and your ability to see the universe in a unique way lost on mortals, i will overlook the slight.

Speaking of, in one of these here threads I got shocked to death in an electrical chair for attempting to release anthrax into a baseball stadium.

(genesplicer's cryptic message was unclear, don't ask...)

Could you or Tesral perhaps help me in becoming another lump in the sea of poo that is the undead legion?

Q-man
07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I was going to say someing about tesla coils there, but then I realized is Tesral not tesla. Oh well.

Soft Serve
07-06-2009, 08:19 PM
I was going to say someing about tesla coils there, but then I realized is Tesral not tesla. Oh well.

Nikola Tesla never looked better then when he was played by David Bowie in "The Prestige".

kirksmithicus
07-06-2009, 10:58 PM
seriously, anyone seen my 3-hole punch?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Still have my ancient contraption.

Soft Serve
07-07-2009, 12:00 AM

Which will turn me undead?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Which will turn me undead?
It will take a ritual and a knowledge of certain entities to do that. Secrets die with Liches, pun intended.

Soft Serve
07-07-2009, 12:39 AM
It will take a ritual and a knowledge of certain entities to do that. Secrets die with Liches, pun intended.

So I am doomed to wonder as a spirit?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-07-2009, 12:50 AM
So I am doomed to wonder as a spirit?
...As are most mortals. But if you have the ambition and are willing to risk everything, perhaps immortality is for you too. Best of luck, Soft Serve.

Soft Serve
07-07-2009, 12:55 AM
...As are most mortals. But if you have the ambition and are willing to risk everything, perhaps immortality is for you too. Best of luck, Soft Serve.

Hey as it turns out becoming an undead lich with extreme necromantic powers both psionic, and arcane is easier then I thought.

The internet has a site where you can become one for giving away your address and SSN.

I gave them Tesrals, but all the power was granted to me.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey as it turns out becoming an undead lich with extreme necromantic powers both psionic, and arcane is easier then I thought.

The internet has a site where you can become one for giving away your address and SSN.

I gave them Tesrals, but all the power was granted to me.
Actually, you're more right that you think, Soft Serve. I'd go with TOPH though, for they don't require copies of personal identification items, unlike two others i can think of, which for now will remain nameless.

Cryptic? Yes.

Panthro82
07-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Yea the game I was thinking of that I played on X-Box360 was Left For Dead 2 soft!

Also imagine the kind of workout you would get from playing that kind of game in full body motion capture? Ducking, dodging, walking/running in place. That would be like the ultimate workout plan that would actually stick for me! Playing an enjoyable game while getting exercise! Yes I said enjoyable. Those Wii fit and Dance Dance games just annoy me. I do realize that there is an outside but seriously? Full body motion capture zombie video game? I will laugh at you all when they eat you!

Where I come from(1600 years in the future) being a lich isn't necessary for immortality. Oh and also Resident Evil 658 is awesome!

tesral
07-07-2009, 07:25 AM

Man it went on a total rampage there.

Speaking of, in one of these here threads I got shocked to death in an electrical chair for attempting to release anthrax into a baseball stadium.

(genesplicer's cryptic message was unclear, don't ask...)

Could you or Tesral perhaps help me in becoming another lump in the sea of poo that is the undead legion?

I'll burn the body, but I don't do the undead thing. Resurrection is my deal.

I was going to say something about Tesla coils there, but then I realized is Tesral not Tesla. Oh well.

Not being a snake I have no personal coils. I might have some Tesla coils in the back.

Now for something completely different; singing Tesla coils (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3njb81QMQ&feature=PlayList&p=910C7DF9CC197287&index=6). Penguicon 2008. I'm in that audience you do not see to the left of the camera's viewpoint. This was in the courtyard of the Troy Hilton and the video does not give any real clue to the degree of awesome happening. It's a semi circular courtyard and man did the sound project. The coils themselves are about eight foot tall.

Everything you have is ancient.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Damn! 2,206 posts, 15,000 views. Yep, this thread is Epic.

Panthro82
07-07-2009, 11:00 AM
or is it legendary? We haven't figured out the levels for a thread yet. :)

Soft Serve
07-07-2009, 11:55 AM
http://lh3.google.com/_lHD5DbAAdrU/Rs9WN0A8rQI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/TFoC9UxuN2w/s800/LegendaryMotivational.jpg

Sascha
07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Willy Wonka (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000698/): [making a mysterious formula] Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.
Mrs. Teevee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0219372/): [as Mr. Wonka drinks the formula] That's 105%!
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

tesral
07-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I now view the Internet trough a new 1920x1080 monitor.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice, tesral. Mine is through a 17 inch high def laptop monitor. No where near as good, but it works.

Soft Serve
07-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice, tesral. Mine is through a 17 inch high def laptop monitor. No where near as good, but it works.

Mines a 24ft tall projection screen.

tesral
07-07-2009, 09:37 PM

23 inch BTW. LCD flat panel.

Panthro82
07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Willy Wonka (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000698/): [making a mysterious formula] Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.
Mrs. Teevee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0219372/): [as Mr. Wonka drinks the formula] That's 105%!
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

"She was a bad egg." -Willy Wonka

Sascha
07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
"She was a bad egg." -Willy Wonka
Murray (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1055302/): You're the egg. You're a bad egg. You've derailed this meeting with another obscure comment.
Flight of the Conchords, 1.2, "Bret Gives Up the Dream"

Panthro82
07-07-2009, 11:23 PM
your ability to pluck quotes out of random shows slightly scares me. Are you a robot ninja from the future too?

Sascha
07-07-2009, 11:32 PM
your ability to pluck quotes out of random shows slightly scares me. Are you a robot ninja from the future too?
Yuki Nagato (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2276741/): [monotone] An organic life contact-purpose humanoid interface created by the Data Interface Thought Entity which supervises this galaxy, that would be me.
Kyon (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0837523/): Huh? What?
Yuki Nagato (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2276741/): [monotone] In more common terminology, I would be classified as an alien.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu, 1.4, "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu III"

(^_^)

tesral
07-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Homer Simpson "D'oh!"

Sascha
07-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Homer Simpson "D'oh!"
Lisa Simpson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0810379/): A deer!
Marge Simpson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001413/): A female deer!
The Simpsons, 5.17, "Bart Gets an Elephant"

Panthro82
07-08-2009, 12:01 AM
"My cats breath smells like cat food!" -Ralph Wiggum "The Simpsons"

Sascha
07-08-2009, 01:21 AM
So, Daria (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Daria-DVDs-Planned/12236).
DVD.

<breathes>
~squeeeeeeeeee~

Haven't been this excited since the Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain boxes hit shelves.
:D:D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2009, 01:46 AM
"Screw you guys, i'm going home" --Cartman, Southpark

Soft Serve
07-08-2009, 02:19 AM
"Screw you guys, i'm going home" --Cartman, Southpark
'cong-ratz on post 2222.

Are you up for playing the tournament this friday at 6PM Est?

tesral
07-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Let's try this out. http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/SS_Modeler/RPG/amsmiling.gif

Q-man
07-08-2009, 07:14 AM
A Tesral smilie? Thats pretty neat.

Next we'll be seeing little lich heads as smilies.

emblasochist
07-08-2009, 07:41 AM

You mean shrunken heads? :p

tesral
07-08-2009, 09:54 AM

"I am smiling" is the title.

I wonder if Farcaster can add it to the list. http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/SS_Modeler/RPG/amsmiling.gif

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2009, 10:24 AM
'cong-ratz on post 2222.

Are you up for playing the tournament this friday at 6PM Est?
Not this Friday. My brother has a week off work and we are going to go see our old stomping grounds at Beale AFB. That's if we can find someone to sponsor us to get on base. Since 911, some hurdles have been put into place.

Sascha
07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Spent an hour on the phone with a friend from high school, someone I haven't talked to in almost a decade. It's like we never lost contact. ^_^

Katbutt
07-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Youtube is so screwed up! They cut the audio to one of my videos :mad:

Genesplicer
07-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Nothing much to report from me.

Katbutt
07-08-2009, 04:40 PM
There is no ketchup (?) in my house! How am I supposed to eat hotdogs w/out ketchup?

Genesplicer
07-08-2009, 04:45 PM
1) Put hotdog in bun (recomend you cook it first but, hey whatever floats your boat.)
2) Open mouth.
3) Place hotdog & bun assembly in front of mouth.
4) Insert a portion of the hotdog & bun assembly into mouth (recomend you do this longways).
5) Close mouth, with teeth biting down through hotdog and bun.
6) Chew.
7) Swallow.
8) Repeat steps 2 throguh 7 untill hotdog & bun assembly are entirely consumed.

tesral
07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Spent an hour on the phone with a friend from high school, someone I haven't talked to in almost a decade. It's like we never lost contact. ^_^

That is cool.

There is no ketchup (?) in my house! How am I supposed to eat hotdogs w/out ketchup?

With Mustard, like you are suppose to.

Genesplicer
07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
With Mustard, like you are suppose to.The last thing any one needs is to have their wenie covered in yellow stuff...

tesral
07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
The last thing any one needs is to have their wenie covered in yellow stuff...

But it's great on the hot dogs.

Arkhemedes
07-08-2009, 05:13 PM
But it's great on the hot dogs.
There are better things to put on your weenie for sure.

Genesplicer
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM
There are better things to put on your weenie for sure.Most definately, but I think we've gone about as far as we can in this direction without invoking the wrath of the FCC or worse, Farcaster.

GoddessGood
07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
The last thing any one needs is to have their wenie covered in yellow stuff...
It's worse to have your weenie covered in red stuff, one would think.

Also, it is raining! My cats are freaked! And ... I have an inflatable dragon in my signature?

Genesplicer
07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Also, it is raining! My cats are freaked!No rain just down the highway where I am. I gues I'd better go walk the dog before it gets here. Uh Oh... just heard the thunder.:eek: Thanks for the warning.
And ... I have an inflatable dragon in my signature?Congrats on finaly growing that one up.:)

Sascha
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
That is cool.
Very much so; I don't even spend that much time talking to my family, heh.

Most definately, but I think we've gone about as far as we can in this direction without invoking the wrath of the FCC or worse, Farcaster.
Henry Kissinger's Head (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0224007/): This isn't a productive area of discussion.
Futurama, 2.17, "War Is the H-Word"

Also, it is raining! My cats are freaked! And ... I have an inflatable dragon in my signature?
Needs to rain more here; the thunderstorms were so nice, but then that evil burny-sky-ball had to chase them away :\

Arkhemedes
07-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Let's not get into a discussion about how bad the weather is in Colorado compared to Texas. In Texas it hovers around 100 degrees everyday and the rain that the Goddess was referring to was a tiny little micro-burst that probably covered a few square blocks. Most of us in the area never even saw the clouds. :(

Soft Serve
07-08-2009, 06:57 PM
That evil burny sky ball is such a betch. I bet it's pissed cause the Aztecs stopped sacrificing peoples to it.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=92388#post92388

Enjoy the "sacrifice" thread.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
I gotta say that the last page or two had me laughing.

Genesplicer
07-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Let's not get into a discussion about how bad the weather is in Colorado compared to Texas. In Texas it hovers around 100 degrees everyday and the rain that the Goddess was referring to was a tiny little micro-burst that probably covered a few square blocks. Most of us in the area never even saw the clouds. :(I got about 45 minutes of hail.:eek:

Panthro82
07-09-2009, 02:28 AM
mustard and relish on a hot dog equals epic awesome.

Genesplicer
07-09-2009, 03:11 AM
I always relish a hot dog, but I never put any on it.

Panthro82
07-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Hey, if any of you Texans want some rain come to New Hampshire! We have had maybe 6 days without rain in the past 2 months. (80% of those days it rained the majority of the day!)

Q-man
07-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Pretty sure that if you don't live in coastal California the weather sucks during a big chunk of the year. But then non-Californians don't have to deal with earthquakes. I'll put up with the crap snowy months in Pennsylvania to avoid that I think.

emblasochist
07-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Pretty sure that if you don't live in coastal California the weather sucks during a big chunk of the year. But then non-Californians don't have to deal with earthquakes. I'll put up with the crap snowy months in Pennsylvania to avoid that I think.

/Agreed! I place seasons much higher in my list of climate preferences than quakes, endless sun and terrible smog.