PDA

View Full Version : The level up thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Genesplicer
05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
That would be kirksmithicus.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Congrats to kirksmithicus

MortonStromgal
05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Congrats to kirksmithicus

Ditto

Genesplicer
05-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes. and thanks for providing a series of 15 second relprieves from the bordum of the real world.:hail: I couldn't survive without it!:madgrin:

kirksmithicus
05-06-2009, 11:23 PM
LMAO :rolleyes:

Yes, where would civilization be without pointless endeavors?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Well tomorrow is the first game that I will DM in a very long time. Gotta go and do some last minute prep (oil my rusty brain). Hopefully everything will go okay. See you cats tomorrow.

Kaewin
05-07-2009, 07:56 AM
well its a great morning, woken up at 3:20 and foced to stay up. Gonna be a long day. My wife is chatty because she goot her Transition from LPN to RN letter and starts classes in a few weeks. She says thats as far as she goes, but she is looking at the Nurse Anethesialogist kobs. the pay really well. Also she is lookin at her bachelors which she can do in about 18 months after she becomes and RN.

I said just do it al and get you masters this way you can be a Doctor-Nurse. We would then be Dr and Mister. She could teach at a college after that and you know the proffessors must make good money to teach this feild. Its a edjucation you can get and know you will find a job. There is a shortage going on after all.

For my contribution today, I think I will wash some clothes and do some dishes. Maybe make supper

GoddessGood
05-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Mmm, managed to get up 10 minutes before the alarm clock today. Haven't done that since college. Today's gonna be hectic as we do last minute packing before our trip to see my sister graduate tomorrow. She's getting her master's and bachelor's at the same time (in accounting) and will be moving closer to me afterwards for her new job in the GAO.

On the down side, I found out my cats now know how to open cabinets. I figured they'd work it out eventually, but now I actually have to do something about it.

On the up side, I got a raise. Not sure how they manage to get away with this, but it's for my good performance last year and I'm not going to see it in my paycheck until next month.

@Kaewin: yup, my man's mom started that way. She was an x-ray technician and worked her way into doing heart cath. She put herself back through school again to get a degree in holistic medicine and is starting her own acupuncture practice.

yukonhorror
05-07-2009, 08:16 AM
@goddess
Get those baby-proofers for the cabinets. That way they can only open them a bit. Our cat would open it, get in, but the door would close behind her, and she'd trap herself.

GoddessGood
05-07-2009, 08:19 AM
The walmarts I've gone to don't have any. None, nada, zip, zilch. I was floored, really. I went back several times and they never restocked them or showed any signs that there had ever been any.

yukonhorror
05-07-2009, 08:25 AM
home depot or lowes are your best bet.

Kaewin
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Toys R us has them. Or at least they did (it has been a long time) After my cats found out they could open they grew bored of it quickly. Now they just stare and I let them in. Its the psycho brainictorn waves they give off

GoddessGood
05-07-2009, 09:03 AM
We're endeavoring to construct psychological barriers with the cats. It works really well with the older one ... at least when it doesn't come to toileting where he's not supposed to ... It's really odd to watch them get all confused when you do it, too. Pick them up, put them on the kitchen counter, spray them with water. Put them down on the ground, pet them and love on them, say nice things. Pick them up and put them back on the counter, yell at them and spray them. Put them back down, try to keep them from running away long enough to receive pettings and be forced back onto the counter.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Kaewin
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
does that envolve any blood letting on your part?

GoddessGood
05-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Nope, surprisingly. Both my cats have all their claws, but they behave and I keep them trim. The only time I have been scratched was when they were climbing and I happened to be the ladder.

MortonStromgal
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
We're endeavoring to construct psychological barriers with the cats. It works really well with the older one ... at least when it doesn't come to toileting where he's not supposed to ... It's really odd to watch them get all confused when you do it, too. Pick them up, put them on the kitchen counter, spray them with water. Put them down on the ground, pet them and love on them, say nice things. Pick them up and put them back on the counter, yell at them and spray them. Put them back down, try to keep them from running away long enough to receive pettings and be forced back onto the counter.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I find keeping a can of canned air near you for when they decided to jump up on something works great. YMMV

I into work early this morning cus one of my co-workers missed his boat and I can roll down the hill to work. Which is why I bus and do not walk back.

a pictures of the hill I'm on top of
from the bottom looking up
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/12/23/2008551285.jpg
from about half way up looking down
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07uk3f2frIb6A/610x.jpg

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
well its a great morning, woken up at 3:20 and foced to stay up. Gonna be a long day. My wife is chatty because she goot her Transition from LPN to RN letter and starts classes in a few weeks. She says thats as far as she goes, but she is looking at the Nurse Anethesialogist kobs. the pay really well. Also she is lookin at her bachelors which she can do in about 18 months after she becomes and RN.

I said just do it al and get you masters this way you can be a Doctor-Nurse. We would then be Dr and Mister. She could teach at a college after that and you know the proffessors must make good money to teach this feild. Its a edjucation you can get and know you will find a job. There is a shortage going on after all.

For my contribution today, I think I will wash some clothes and do some dishes. Maybe make supper
If she gets her masters in nursing, i believe she receives her Nurse Practitioners rating. Really good money found there.

Genesplicer
05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Well tomorrow is the first game that I will DM in a very long time. Gotta go and do some last minute prep (oil my rusty brain). Hopefully everything will go okay. See you cats tomorrow.
Let us know how that went when you get back.

Pick them up, put them on the kitchen counter, spray them with water. Put them down on the ground, pet them and love on them, say nice things. Pick them up and put them back on the counter, yell at them and spray them. Put them back down, try to keep them from running away long enough to receive pettings and be forced back onto the counter.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
You do this multiple times in a row for a single offence? That seems kinda harsh. Or is it just that you mean you have to do it every time you catch them?

I find keeping a can of canned air near you for when they decided to jump up on something works great. YMMVMy old roomate and I used to keep waterguns for when the cat would bother us at night. It worked for a little while, but then he just learned to bolt the instant he detected movement. Sucker was fast to. We had to compinsate by hunting him down and hosing him. Fortunatly (for us, not him) there weren't all that many places to hide.

Panthro82
05-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Going back a few pages about X-Men new movie. It is cool. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.

Deadpool = awesome(although they do change around a little bit)
Gambit = slightly lame, but still cool to see finally in an X-Men film!
Logans brother/Sabretooth= awesome
Human Blob = AWESOME!!! (they did him justice)
Daniel Negraneu playing a common street tough/card player = 8 seconds, but the card player in me marked out. :)
Overall good movie, and it leaves the door open for another X-Men related film (besides the Magneto 1 they are going to do)

Also for anyone who saw it I seriously did not see Stan Lee in this. Was he? and when/where was it in the movie? thanks

Goreaddict
05-08-2009, 06:38 AM
lost again

Going back a few pages about X-Men new movie. It is cool. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.

Deadpool = awesome(although they do change around a little bit)
Gambit = slightly lame, but still cool to see finally in an X-Men film!
Logans brother/Sabretooth= awesome
Human Blob = AWESOME!!! (they did him justice)
Daniel Negraneu playing a common street tough/card player = 8 seconds, but the card player in me marked out. :)
Overall good movie, and it leaves the door open for another X-Men related film (besides the Magneto 1 they are going to do)

Also for anyone who saw it I seriously did not see Stan Lee in this. Was he? and when/where was it in the movie? thanksAhhh I didn't even look for him >.> and the human blob was funny, I liked him in Smoking Aces too. Also the new actor for sabretooth is a lot better.

GoddessGood
05-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Let us know how that went when you get back.
Yeah, post a log or sommat :)

You do this multiple times in a row for a single offence? That seems kinda harsh. Or is it just that you mean you have to do it every time you catch them?
My old roomate and I used to keep waterguns for when the cat would bother us at night. It worked for a little while, but then he just learned to bolt the instant he detected movement. Sucker was fast to. We had to compinsate by hunting him down and hosing him. Fortunatly (for us, not him) there weren't all that many places to hide.
Nope, multiple times in a row when he hasn't even done anything wrong. That way he won't get confused as to what lesson we're trying to teach him.

I don't plan on being this much of a wicked witch when I have kids, because (for the most part) kids are intelligent and can be reasoned with. Or, at least, they can tell you what they want and what's wrong so it can be taken care of. Cats just do whatever the heck they want.

Kaewin
05-08-2009, 08:19 AM
I remember seeing Lee, I just can't remeber where.

Genesplicer
05-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Nope, multiple times in a row when he hasn't even done anything wrong. That way he won't get confused as to what lesson we're trying to teach him.If he hasn't done anything wrong, yet, how does he know what he's being punished for?

I don't plan on being this much of a wicked witch when I have kids, because (for the most part) kids are intelligent and can be reasoned with. Or, at least, they can tell you what they want and what's wrong so it can be taken care of. Cats just do whatever the heck they want.I forget where I heard this quote, but it goes something like this: "You spend the first two years of their [your kids] lives teaching them to walk and talk, then you spend the rest of your time trying to get them to sit down and shut up."

tesral
05-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I forget where I heard this quote, but it goes something like this: "You spend the first two years of their [your kids] lives teaching them to walk and talk, then you spend the rest of your time trying to get them to sit down and shut up."

A very weary affirmative.

Farcaster
05-08-2009, 10:52 AM
kids are intelligent and can be reasoned with.

I don't know about all that. :laugh:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah right, sure they can. <Thoth states very sarcastically>

Panthro82
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I'll have to watch it again cause I can always pick out Stan Lee in every single Marvel movie ever made but in this one I left the theater going, "omg I dont think he was in it". I like the little easter egg of Stan Lee being in every Marvel movie. The little nerd in me squees everytime.

Genesplicer
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
He's probably only on for a few seconds in one of the backgrounds. A bar scene, or an outdoor scene with a large crowd would seem to be most likely.

Goreaddict
05-08-2009, 06:45 PM
snooped around the net and can't find anything about him appearing in this movie? anyone else seen or heard anything?

tesral
05-08-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't know about all that. :laugh:

If you catch them before the schools get them they usually are.

GoddessGood
05-09-2009, 08:50 AM
More so than cats at any rate :P

yukonhorror
05-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, going on my trip tomorrow. Got TONS of stuff to do today, so have fun without me kids.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Very cool. Take plenty of pics.

GoddessGood
05-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Haha, just got back from my trip, so have fun on yours. It just sucks I have to go back to work the day after I get back :(

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Had a few days to drive from Corpus Christi, TX., to So. Cal. I decided during the trip that i wanted a few days off so i drove straight through. Stopped 4 times for gas but got to enjoy two days off before going back to work. Btw, it was nice having satellite radio to keep me company. Great reception all the way. The trip took me 21 hours.

tesral
05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Haha, just got back from my trip, so have fun on yours. It just sucks I have to go back to work the day after I get back :(

Need a vacation from your vacation?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
As of right now, i wouldn't mind a vacation from life.

tesral
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
As of right now, i wouldn't mind a vacation from life.

Be careful what you ask for.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Be careful what you ask for.
Too late. I already asked. ...noticed i didnt make this wish on my Wishes Gone Bad thread? I'd be a gonner for good. What the heck, let me add this wish there and see how fate deals the cards.

Genesplicer
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM
As of right now, i wouldn't mind a vacation from life.Isn't that the point of gaming?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Isn't that the point of gaming?
How true that is, Genesplicer.

GoddessGood
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Indeed it is. I'm waiting anxiously for next, next weekend as I missed both Saturday and Sunday's games due to being out of town.

Genesplicer
05-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Jackmore planed up a big shindig for our group this past Saturday. He grilled burgers, and we were all suposed to bring food. Problem was, I was the only one who showed up. Others RSVPed but only myself and this one other guy came (and he was two and a half hours late). Oh well.:ohwell: We spent the whole afternoon scarfing burgers and playing Left for Dead on his X-Box 360. Good times.:madgrin:

kirksmithicus
05-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah, that sucks that no one else showed.

Talmek
05-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Sorry to hear that, folks.

If I was within a couple-hour drive, I probably would have shown up. However down here I've run into trying to piecemeal together a group. The only problem is...the FLGS already has one D&D group that, well... "don't take too kindly to whippersnappers moving in on their reserved table". That's okay though, it won't be too long before I close on my first house and I'll have an entire dining room to dedicate to the game!

GoddessGood
05-13-2009, 08:27 AM
:lol: I guess they did have their name on it :P Oh well, good luck getting a group together. It's probably one of the (if not the) biggest hurdles a GM has to face.

Kaewin
05-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey everybody.

GoddessGood
05-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Ahoy, Kaewin. Just got done being recertified. I now know everything about everything.

Farcaster
05-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Recertified in?

GoddessGood
05-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Electro-static discharge prevention, foreign object contamination prevention and information security. The last one even came with a neato interactive presentation.

Genesplicer
05-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Just what is it you do? (I know you did a whole thread on this, but I never read it and I'm too layzy to go look it up, so I figured I'd just ask you and we could both get xp.)

GoddessGood
05-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Haha, I'm an engineer for a defense contractor. I actually had a pseudo-interview yesterday, though so hopefully I'll be moving to a new project soon :D. And by soon, I mean, sometime next year ;)

Windstar
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Electro-static discharge prevention, foreign object contamination prevention and information security. The last one even came with a neato interactive presentation.

Had to deal with both of those extensively while I was in the Navy working on aircraft systems...... Good Luck

:cool::cool:

Moritz
05-15-2009, 10:36 AM
In D&D1st ed, gaining a level would take forever.

Was that why if you gained 1gp you gained 1xp ?

Genesplicer
05-15-2009, 12:47 PM
1st ed was waaaay before my time. Going up in 4e takes a good bit more time than it seemed to in 3.5. However, I have no idea how that compairs to 1st. As to your question, I gues I have to say I have no idea.:twitch:

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 01:30 PM
thats part of why I love 3.5 You dont have to gain 80 million experience to level. Its a fairly complex system, but they reward you with fairly quick leveling.

Windstar
05-15-2009, 01:57 PM
In D&D1st ed, gaining a level would take forever.

Was that why if you gained 1gp you gained 1xp ?

Yes that is why you got xp for wealth. But I always found that if you set things up right your party should level up consistantly, and that is in all editions.

GoddessGood
05-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow. So it really was a game about stealing and killing as much as possible. I mean, that's what they reward you for, amirite? ;)

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
It makes sense. Humanity was exactly the same...but we errrrr ummm evolved....kinda

GoddessGood
05-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Or did we just pretend to evolve ... is that really the game? I thought the hokey pokey was what it's all about :(

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
well we wear suits, drink super-ultra mocha/half caf latees, and talk on headsets....so we must have evolved! right???

All the newer editions have done what we have done....wore shinier clothing, had shiny new technology and gadgets, and BRAND NEW things, that are all to distract from our...ummm...primal urges...

and indeed the hokey pokey is still what it is all about

Genesplicer
05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
thats part of why I love 3.5 You dont have to gain 80 million experience to level. Its a fairly complex system, but they reward you with fairly quick leveling.Yea, with my group a fairly normal progression was one level every 1 to 2 sessions in 3.5. With 4e, we level between 3 to 5 sessions.

It makes sense. Humanity was exactly the same...but we errrrr ummm evolved....kinda

well we wear suits, drink super-ultra mocha/half caf latees, and talk on headsets....so we must have evolved! right???Speaking as a historian, yes Panthro, we have indeed evolved. Not all of us at the same rate mind you, which is why we still tend to have wars, but all the same, humanity has progressed a long way. Of course, we still have far to go...

All the newer editions have done what we have done....wore shinier clothing, had shiny new technology and gadgets, and BRAND NEW things, that are all to distract from our...ummm...primal urges...

Yea, the game has certainly expanded over the years. There is a lot more to the game now than killing critters and getting their stuff. We now have true oportunities for roleplay, all because those gamers who played stuff like 1e made the effort to include such things even when there weren't palpable rewards for it. Now we have 4e, with lots of shiny new things, including quest compleation exp for advancing the story.

And for those who want to give into their primal urges, we have the newly introduced primal power source!:caked:

and indeed the hokey pokey is still what it is all about Absoluetly! Just ask Londo.

Panthro82
05-15-2009, 05:11 PM
yep you cant deny that the game wouldnt be around if people didnt play 1E. sure it didnt have what these editions have, but it paved the way and much like civilization it did cause a decent amount of evolution, but our primal urges will always be there to keep us in check. We will never be free of war and in D&D it is the same. Life would be honestly boring and there would be no advances in technology and evolution if not for war.

kirksmithicus
05-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Had to deal with both of those extensively while I was in the Navy working on aircraft systems...... Good Luck

Yep, nothing like watching a Cobra pilot get blown across the road at a FARP (Forward Area Refueling Point), because he forgot to discharge the static electricity from the rotor blades before he turned the gas pump on. :D

Wow. So it really was a game about stealing and killing as much as possible. I mean, that's what they reward you for, amirite? ;)
why does this make me think of a Beastie Boy's song?

Genesplicer
05-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Yep, nothing like watching a Cobra pilot get blown across the road at a FARP (Forward Area Refueling Point), because he forgot to discharge the static electricity from the rotor blades before he turned the gas pump on. :DOWCH!!!:boom::target::flame:

Dimthar
05-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Had to share it somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOapLkmhYG4

Genesplicer
05-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, that's just sad...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Strange

Windstar
05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Cool, shoes on the other foot............lol

GoddessGood
05-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Vicodin is nice, but having to have teeth drilled to get it is not. :brushteeth:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
My doc gives my hydrocodone. Strange stuff, to say the least.

tesral
05-19-2009, 09:50 AM
It's the same stuff.

templeorder
05-19-2009, 09:55 AM
alright, i'll cave. Sitting here with a tension migraine waiting for the drugs to kick in... the vicodin label caught my eye. I'll throw my 2 cents in (though in this economy, its really only worth 1 cent). DnD about killing and looting!? Why, that would make Monopoly about becoming a ruthless land baron and evicting women and children (does anyone remember that article by Gary Gygax - brilliant!). I was fortunate enough to have my first DM give double xp for bypassing monsters. Of course, after him my other GM's ignored that approach and I went for killing - the great war cry of 'Treasure and XP!' was heard round the world of Greyhawk. Thankfully, i moved on from kill and loot (though ya gotta get ahead somehow!).

GoddessGood
05-19-2009, 09:59 AM
... that would make Monopoly about becoming a ruthless land baron and evicting women and children ...
That's how my dad plays it, yeah :)

Hydrocodone makes me sleepy. I was prescribed it after a sinus surgery and remember taking a dose, going to sleep and waking up the next day just in time to take another dose, waking up the next day ... heh, I didn't mind that surgery too much.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2009, 10:02 AM
It's the same stuff.
Wouldn't know, but I'll take your word on it. I have bottles full and i hate taking it. I'd rather o.d. on Excedrin before taking that devils concoction.

GoddessGood
05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Make you feel funny? There's a hopped up version of codeine that does that to me. I just feel like I'm in a meat suit instead of a body and that I'm so drugged up I can't do anything about it.

templeorder
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Grind it up and snort it, thats the best way to make use of vic/perc... not that i have any experience. :redface:

GoddessGood
05-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Just no playing Dr. House in here :P

tesral
05-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Wouldn't know, but I'll take your word on it. I have bottles full and i hate taking it. I'd rather o.d. on Excedrin before taking that devils concoction.

I'm all over that. With the bad back I chew pain meds but hate Vicoden. I've been told I have a neurotic grip on reality. I don't like my perceptions messed with. Kill the pain, but don't mess with my head. I need my head in the shape it is in.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Here's my hydrocodone experience:

1) It works... sort of.
2) Makes you airy in the brain. Messes with the head. See tesral comment above.
3) You feel like crap the next day, all day. Write the day off as a loss unless you consume plenty of coffee (at least a pot) and force yourself to move around... then maybe. It's NOT worth it.
4) Again, did i mention that it DEFINITELY is not worth it?
5) Taking extra Excedrin works best for pain.
6) Works the first time. After that my body is immune. To get any effect the next time, i must wait at least 7-10 days to take again.

So there you go, an honest account of the garbage. Funny thing, my doctor has no problem prescribing it to me for he knows i hate it and will almost never use it. Where's the logic?

tesral
05-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Here's my hydrocodone experience:

1) It works... sort of.
2) Makes you airy in the brain. Messes with the head. See tesral comment above.
3) You feel like crap the next day, all day. Write the day off as a loss unless you consume plenty of coffee (at least a pot) and force yourself to move around... then maybe. It's NOT worth it.
4) Again, did i mention that it DEFINITELY is not worth it?
5) Taking extra Excedrin works best for pain.
6) Works the first time. After that my body is immune. To get any effect the next time, i must wait at least 7-10 days to take again.

So there you go, an honest account of the garbage. Funny thing, my doctor has no problem prescribing it to me for he knows i hate it and will almost never use it. Where's the logic?

Yep, that is about my experience with it as well. The scary times, and I mean truly scary times is when I take it and none of that happens, I just don't hurt Those are the times I know that I am really really hurting and the level of pain med is just right.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Yep, that is about my experience with it as well. The scary times, and I mean truly scary times is when I take it and none of that happens, I just don't hurt Those are the times I know that I am really really hurting and the level of pain med is just right.
Been there... more times than i care to recall.

GoddessGood
05-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Debating taking one now. I'm at work and will have to attend a class later. I brought them with me just in case I needed one, and am about to have lunch. Lunch might mean pain enough to need one, and I think it's better to take pain meds before the pain starts ... sort of heading it off at the pass.

MortonStromgal
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Well we just got beat by the word association thread

/play taps

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Really?

tesral
05-20-2009, 12:36 AM
I don't see any bruises.

Panthro82
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
I say we post a bunch then and take it back!

tesral
05-20-2009, 12:45 AM
a bunch

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-20-2009, 01:13 AM
No body, no crime

tesral
05-20-2009, 02:40 AM
No body, no crime

Ain't got no body is a crime dude. You got to have some body.

Panthro82
05-20-2009, 03:16 AM
a bunch more. :)

GoddessGood
05-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Vicodin dreams are weird. In that, y'know... I didn't dream at all. Which is weird for me.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-20-2009, 09:43 AM
The worse part is feeling ill the whole next day.

GoddessGood
05-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Hasn't been the case for me. I don't feel ill, just sleepy.

MortonStromgal
05-20-2009, 11:31 AM
It wont work, they are too powerful!

Kaewin
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Most of the times I get pain killers I don't bothrer, they don't really work that well. I also have a high tolerance. I have seen the Star WArs holiday special after all:lol:.

I take ambien to sleep so I have to take higher does of the other stuff. Its just easier to take a few advils or an aleve and get a coke. it will stop sooner or later.

GoddessGood
05-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Most of the times I get pain killers I don't bothrer, they don't really work that well. I also have a high tolerance. I have seen the Star WArs holiday special after all:lol:.

I take ambien to sleep so I have to take higher does of the other stuff. Its just easier to take a few advils or an aleve and get a coke. it will stop sooner or later.
http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=59306 <-- guy on ambien sleep-talking
Warning, he's only wearing underwear.

tesral
05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Most of the times I get pain killers I don't bothrer, they don't really work that well. I also have a high tolerance. I have seen the Star WArs holiday special after all.

But have you seen Ator the Fighting Eagle? Now that is pain.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-20-2009, 02:22 PM
http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=59306 <-- guy on ambien sleep-talking
Warning, he's only wearing underwear.
Holy crap! Think i will avoid ambien. Nothing cool about that. LOL

Panthro82
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I've heard ambien is a horrible drug

GoddessGood
05-20-2009, 03:03 PM
The way I had it explained to me was that he's actually dreaming, but he's still awake. Sort of. There's a part two that's actually much funnier ... if I could find it.

kirksmithicus
05-20-2009, 04:11 PM
My wife had petite mal (sp?) when she took Ambien. It made her act like she was stoned, she laughed at my jokes a lot harder (which should have been my first clue that something wasn't right). I didn't realize just how bad things were until she got into an altercation with the computer one night. She was lying in bed reading, then suddenly got angry and started yelling at the computer. When I asked her what was wrong? She told me that, the computer monitor wouldn't stop looking at her and making faces at her while she wasn't looking directly at it... :twitch:, and when she looked directly at it, it would look away real quick. Finally she screamed, "SEE!, he did again" and jumped up and started attacking the monitor. Yeppers, totally cucko for coco puffs. She stopped taking it after that, becuase when I mentioned it the next day she had zero memory of any of that, or the fact that I had to wrestle her crazy butt to the ground.

GoddessGood
05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Petit mal seizures (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absence_seizure), iirc, just refer to episodes of "space cadet syndrome" as my mom used to say. You stare off into space or wander around listlessly. I used to do this. I was bored.

Fun fact, did you know that some ADD medication has been shown to create false positives on epilepsy tests? I was diagnosed as an epileptic and treated (with meds) for years despite never ever having a single seizure. I also don't believe I ever had ADD, but that's another story.

Genesplicer
05-22-2009, 12:36 PM
So you were just a bright kid with too much time on her hands that stared off into space. Cool. I did that alot. Still do actualy.

kirksmithicus
05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
I just read that NBC canceled My Name is Earl. Other than this show, there is really only one other reason to watch NBC on Thursday, that being 30 Rock. It was replaced so that they could keep the miserable dog Parks and Recreation. This really pisses me off because Parks and Recreation isn't even remotely funny, it's actually quite stupid and should have been canceled. Apparently though, someone at NBC thinks the guys who made The Office crap sunshine and money.

Though I'm sure it will do no good, I sent an e-mail complaining about the cancellation of Earl.

Panthro82
05-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I've only watched maybe 10 episodes but My Name Is Earl is hilarious! That is horrible that they canceled it!

GoddessGood
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Thursday nights used to be Supernatural night for me, but alas and alack, no more for a few months. I simply must see what happens when Lucifer arrives :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-26-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm a big Supernatural fan. Cant wait till the next season is released on Netflix.

Panthro82
05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
I have actually just gotten into this show on Fox on Wednesday nights. It is a paranormal/supernatural show. Kind of like X-Files light, but since X-Files isn't on anymore :( it will have to do. Plus the lead character is a stunningly beautiful woman(which never hurts :) It is called The Fringe. Not the best show ever, but pretty good. There is an awesome character named Dr. Walter Bishop, a mad scientist who I am always amused by and oh, did I mention that the lead character(Agent Olivia Dunham) is gorgeous?

GoddessGood
05-26-2009, 01:45 PM
I have actually just gotten into this show on Fox on Wednesday nights. It is a paranormal/supernatural show. Kind of like X-Files light, but since X-Files isn't on anymore :( it will have to do. Plus the lead character is a stunningly beautiful woman(which never hurts :) It is called The Fringe. Not the best show ever, but pretty good. There is an awesome character named Dr. Walter Bishop, a mad scientist who I am always amused by and oh, did I mention that the lead character(Agent Olivia Dunham) is gorgeous?
How does it stack up to X-files? I was a big fan back in the day and have the complete collection on DVD. I heard about The Fringe, but haven't checked it out yet.

Panthro82
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Its no where near as good as X-Files(I was a big fan too), but it is actually a pretty cool show. I'd recommend giving it a shot. I've seen like 6 or 7 episodes. A couple of them were awesome. In true X-Files style the season finale sparked this huge government conspiracy.

GoddessGood
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
I'll have to give it a looksee then. In other news: Almost to 1,000 posts!

Panthro82
05-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Since I was the last person to post on my DING thread(meaning I can't post twice in a row. I will have to level up on here. This post brings me to level 15...DING

GoddessGood
05-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Yaye! Two dings in one day. I'm lvl 22 now :D

Valdar
05-27-2009, 02:51 PM
They have the last 11 episodes of Fringe up on hulu.com. I do like the Scully/Mulder dynamic between Olivia and Peter. Walter is amusing some of the time, but most of the time he's annoying and pathetic. The trope of someone who's brilliant so you have to deal with his antisocial behavior works on House, but on Fringe, you just have to cringe at the idea of a "mad scientist" being an actual brilliant person laid low by a crippling mental illness (What is it he has? Seems like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's...)

Panthro82
05-27-2009, 02:52 PM
awesome! congrats! Also Goddess, that show Fringe if you go on the Fox website and then go to the shows page, if you have flash I think you can watch episodes from this season on there...Its free and gives you a chance to check it out...

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Yup, I'm familiar with free online TV. Hulu is helping me watch back episodes of Buffy :)

yukonhorror
05-28-2009, 10:08 AM
all of my pictures are too big to post :(

Maybe I'll flicker them or something.

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Yaye, pictures! What all did you go see?

yukonhorror
05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
the tarxien temples, an octopus, medes islands, a bunch of cool cathedrals, the pantheon in rome, the colosseum, the arch of constantine, pompeii, the leaning tower of pisa, some buildings by gaudi in barcelona, and this neat abbey in Cannes France.

tesral
05-28-2009, 11:59 AM
the tarxien temples, an octopus, medes islands, a bunch of cool cathedrals, the pantheon in rome, the colosseum, the arch of constantine, pompeii, the leaning tower of pisa, some buildings by gaudi in barcelona, and this neat abbey in Cannes France.

Sounds like quite the collection of architecture.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Yaye, pictures! What all did you go see?
I'm with GoddessGood on this one. Get to posting. I also want to see these pics. Very cool.

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Here, here! :) Don't make me fill the void by spamming with pictures of my cats ;)

yukonhorror
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
did you not see my post. My pics are too big (3 MB each). I mentioned a community supporter account to my wife, and I got a VERY dirty look. As such, I can't post the pics here, unless someone can tell me how to make the pics smaller in byte size.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Here, here! :) Don't make me fill the void by spamming with pictures of my cats ;)

Please, no, not that. Kidding. :D I think cats are great, GoddessGood.

did you not see my post. My pics are too big (3 MB each). I mentioned a community supporter account to my wife, and I got a VERY dirty look. As such, I can't post the pics here, unless someone can tell me how to make the pics smaller in byte size.

We have a lot of tech folks here, wouldn't surprise me if you get the information you're looking for. <waves hand from left to right like a Jedi>

GoddessGood
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Open them up in MSPaint. Hit Ctrl + W or go to the Image -> Stretch/Skew menu. You'll get a pop-up that has four blanks. In the 2 top ones, put 50% instead of 100% and click OK. This will shrink your pics by half. Then go to File -> Save As, rename it (or keep the same name, doesn't matter) and save it as a .JPG, .GIF or .PNG rather than a .BMP. The first three file types compress the image so it takes up less space. You lose on the quality, but if size is an issue, then that's the way it has to be. Recommend you name them something else so you don't overwrite the nice, big pictures.

yukonhorror
05-28-2009, 02:49 PM
that requires being on a PC, so maybe when I am home alone this weekend.

Genesplicer
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
My parrents took all of us kids on a tour through Europe back when I wass in grade school. We saw Pompeii, and the Colosseum, and St. Paul's in Italy. Didn't make it to any of the other places you mentioned, and it was a few decades ago so my memory of the places isn't so good unfortunatly.

With Goddess, I anxiously await your oportunity to properly modify your pics for posting.

yukonhorror
05-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Being gone for two weeks, I decided to see if they have made official statements on next year's shows.

Shenanigans, I say.

All of the shows I love are either moved or gone, and the shows that need to die (even though I like them) are still going.

Smallville and Scrubs have had a good run, but the show needs to die.

Reaper was awesome, how could they get rid of it. Are they observing online viewing or just people who watch it live?

How could NBC drop Medium. It is such a nice show. And moving heroes to an earlier timeslot is going to KILL heroes. Moving shows to different timeslots is suicide.

And my name is earl is funny. I don't see why you would want to cancel it.

I am so irritated. Looking at the fall lineup, the only day it looks like I'll watch tv is on monday, and just for heroes. I guess I'll be able to burn through my netflix list now.

tesral
05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
TV? The thing that plays my cartoons? they have "shows".

Panthro82
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
House is pretty much the only current drama show I watch these days, although like I said previously I am starting to get into the Fringe.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm hooked on Two And A Half Men, but House would be a close second.

Genesplicer
05-30-2009, 01:01 PM
TV? The thing that plays my cartoons? they have "shows".What he said. It's been almost a decade since I took any serious intrest in a television series. SOme of them are good enough that I'll watch them if I happen to catch them, Like House, the orgiginal CSI, and a few others. But most are crap, and even the decent ones aren't enough to get me to even bother to set the DVR for.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Dittos with Genesplicer

Panthro82
05-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I still watch the Simpsons too. I've been watching that show since the first episode when I was really young. Amazing how that show has been on for all these years and is still hysterically funny at times and completely relevant...

Windstar
05-30-2009, 05:56 PM
House is the bomb! It is the only TV show I record so that I don't miss an episode!!!

Windstar

Panthro82
05-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Yea House is an amazing show. One of my all-time favorites.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-31-2009, 12:06 AM
I get caught up watching it too. In fact, i even watched an episode today and have another saved to watch this evening.

Panthro82
05-31-2009, 01:13 AM
House is smart and unapologetic. (the show and the character)

Talmek
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
I like House, but Family Guy is better!

GoddessGood
06-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Ugh, Family guy got old for me a while back. Seemed like the only comedic territory left after the Simpson's and Futurama was the non-sequitor, and they've done it to death.

Also, Thoth, have you seen the season finale for this season yet? It's awesome :D

Moritz
06-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Ding! I gained another level.

In what, I have no idea.

What was this thread about, again?

Oh, and Love House. Season Finale was greatness.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Ugh, Family guy got old for me a while back. Seemed like the only comedic territory left after the Simpson's and Futurama was the non-sequitor, and they've done it to death.

Also, Thoth, have you seen the season finale for this season yet? It's awesome :D
If I've seen the season finale for any of the three you listed, then it would have been Futurama. I catch them on tv, mostly. Though i have been netflixing Two and a Half Men, King of Queens, and Supernatural, lately.

tesral
06-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Ding! I gained another level.

In what, I have no idea..

In the "I have no life" class.

Panthro82
06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Futurama and Simpsons, two greatest cartoon comedy shows ever...King Of The Hill was not too far behind. They just cancelled it too. I mean the only cartoon comedy with moral values and they can it. Anyways I feel the same way goddess does about Family Guy. I liked the first 3 or 4 seasons and then it just seemed like it turned into a format for Seth McFarlane to shove his views and opinions down everyones throats. I tried watching an episode recently, in which Peter exclaimed that all Kevin Smith movies suck. At that point I both turned the channel and decided that I want to fight club Seth McFarlane. Seriously Seth, try knocking someone who doesnt have more talent in his arse than you do in your entire body.

The only episode of house I didnt catch this season horribly enough was the suicide episode. I want to sit down and watch it online soon...maybe tonight...

Kaewin
06-02-2009, 05:31 AM
I can't stand House, i find the actor and the character very condescending and iompracticle. If he tried that attitude in a real hospital someone would sue. People can be very ligeteous even if they are helped.

The only things I regularly watch is NCIS just to divert the mind or CNN to keep me informed, the other two cable news channels tilt to far in one direction or another for me.

GoddessGood
06-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Part of the allure of House is that he (usually) seems to go just far enough that he won't get sued (although this doesn't always work). It's inferred that he's been in court a number of times, but that all tends to happen off-screen as it's not a show about Dr. House getting sued, it's a medical mystery show slash workplace drama. I have very mixed feelings about the last season, however, as the writer's couldn't seem to consistently decide on the personalities of the characters. Either that or they just wanted to convey that the breakdown was coming all season long.

Kaewin
06-02-2009, 08:48 AM
My wife likes it but it just hits me wrong. I really can't quantify it. It's one of those things that sit at the edge of you mind but you can't place it, kind of like Bob sagget

GoddessGood
06-02-2009, 09:06 AM
My wife likes it but it just hits me wrong. I really can't quantify it. It's one of those things that sit at the edge of you mind but you can't place it, kind of like Bob sagget
Bob Sagget sits at the edge of my mind? I thought it was creepy when I found out Robert Goulet messes with my stuff when I'm too tired to notice. :confused:

Genesplicer
06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey Goddess, what's with the Dragon eggs? I clicked on them and it sent me to a dragon cave site that said something about the egg having a certian number of days to hatch before it died. What's up with that?

GoddessGood
06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
A long while back there was a site that would post up one egg at a time and at the end of a couple of days, that egg would hatch into some fantasy creature that would then live in your forum signature. I couldn't find that site again, so I compromised and went with Dragon Cave, which does the same thing, but hatches only dragons. Each egg is (I think) unique since I clicked on one to "adopt" it and was told someone had already picked that one. They even keep track of what eggs you have adopted, you can name them and everything.

Moritz
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
In the "I have no life" class.

Pretty much. Between my practice and teaching, the next 12 weeks are going to be no life hell.

Panthro82
06-03-2009, 08:59 PM
LOL, I loved that Bob Saget routine! Ah Robert Goulet. I definitely looked at Bob Saget differently when I watched the Aristocrats. His stand up routine and the Aristocrats is a far cry from America's Funniest Home Videos and Full House.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Pretty much. Between my practice and teaching, the next 12 weeks are going to be no life hell.
Best of luck to you. 12 weeks will suck, but you'll be thankful when it's over.

Genesplicer
06-04-2009, 05:18 PM
A long while back there was a site that would post up one egg at a time and at the end of a couple of days, that egg would hatch into some fantasy creature that would then live in your forum signature. I couldn't find that site again, so I compromised and went with Dragon Cave, which does the same thing, but hatches only dragons. Each egg is (I think) unique since I clicked on one to "adopt" it and was told someone had already picked that one. They even keep track of what eggs you have adopted, you can name them and everything.

So, the round collored things at the bottem of your posts are going to hatch into dragon grafics that will forever inhabit your P&PG sig-file?

Kaewin
06-05-2009, 07:50 AM
That egg thing sounds pretty might have to look into one myself.

Hey it worked, I did want the cloudy one though

William Murderface
06-06-2009, 10:27 AM
i miss homestarrunner.com i really miss it
the cheat was my fav

Kaewin
06-10-2009, 07:30 AM
wow this had fallen a few pages but i "rescued " it.

Katbutt
06-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Hey peeps, I am ducking school <cough cough> and Kaewin is buying it. I wanted to say hi and get someone to click my egg. Its so awesome!!

Meep!

Q-man
06-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I remember seeing a Swashbuckler paragon path somewhere in the rule books. Can't remember what class it started with though.

Kaewin
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Post 500!! only a million more to go to catch Thoth.

I knew you were faking it.

Bob the Dalek
06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey guys, what's going on in here?

Moritz
06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Ding, Bob leveled up.

Bob the Dalek
06-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh yeah, I guess I did!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats to all the levelers!

MortonStromgal
06-10-2009, 02:17 PM
XP for me!

Bob the Dalek
06-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I find it fairly humorous that the title of http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4hook/20090610 is "Steal this Book" (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4hook/20090610)

If I tried to do as they ask, they'll sue me!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-10-2009, 02:26 PM
No doubt, the WotC powers that be are hidden spy's here on P&PG. Doesn't surprise me, this place is the best.

tesral
06-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I am getting the maps for Abba Sanctuary does at long last. I'm on fourth level now.

Genesplicer
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Exactly how does this dragon egg thing work? Thingking about getting one, but want to know what the mechanics are.

Panthro82
06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
No doubt, the WotC powers that be are hidden spy's here on P&PG. Doesn't surprise me, this place is the best.

You can as David Carradine's family is doing, say that it is all the very ellaborate plot of a secret kung-fu, ninja, stealth, assassin, mafia society!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06072009/news/regionalnews/whacky_kung_fu_172948.htm

Baldwin Stonewood
06-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Well, I'll use this space to level up to 10 right now. I've moved from one of the last pages all the way up to the 3rd page, so that is cool. Glad, Skunkape suggested this site!!

Kaewin
06-11-2009, 07:29 AM
I have a Dragon, its kind of red and small. Anyone want to give it lizard love for me?

tesral
06-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I have a Dragon, its kind of red and small. Anyone want to give it lizard love for me?

Looking at my ten foot pole collection. "Need something longer."

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-11-2009, 09:33 AM
My Hobbit is all about the whips to keep the wild animals at bay when adventuring.

Genesplicer
06-11-2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06072009/news/regionalnews/whacky_kung_fu_172948.htmWell that was a lot more than I ever wanted to know.

I have a Dragon, its kind of red and small. Anyone want to give it lizard love for me?So how does this dragon thing work?

Moritz
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Did you know that 'Spray-On Adhesive" should not be sprayed on when there is a wind current going on? It could get on your skin or in your eyes.

Genesplicer
06-11-2009, 11:10 AM
No, didn't have a clue. Any one know anything about the dragan egg thing who is willing to talk about it?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Nope, but i heard that WD-40 is completely safe, even if consumed. Not sure it this is true. I have no plans on confirming rumor.

tesral
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
You will be well lubed.

cplmac
06-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Ever notice that the fastest time of the work day is lunch?

Kaewin
06-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Ok about the Dragon thing. You click on an egg or Dragon and it takes you to the Dragon Cave where you can "adopt" an egg. You then put it in your signature of forums you go to. Everytime someone clicks and looks its gets closer to hatching. Oncew it hatches if it gets hit it gets bigger and so on. I got 4 eggs but could only put one here. The other sites don't get anywhere as much traffic as this on and haven't hatched so i think they are going to die.

But at least one is living. They have all kinds with various eggs that have diffrent qualities. Goddess has a three and two of them are real big.

Panthro82
06-12-2009, 12:46 AM
LOL my sister and I have both decided that anything that ever goes wrong in our lives will now be blamed on this mysterious, super secret, stealth, ninja, assassin, Kung-Fu, mafia society. So if I spill my drink on the floor or I am missing a sock in a pair, I will be CONVINCED that it is all the very ellaborate workings of this stealthy super secret society :)

Skunkape
06-12-2009, 11:38 AM
You know, I've tried to stay out of this discussion for as long as possible, but unfortunately, there are times where I just can't avoid making a smart a comment!

Did you know that 'Spray-On Adhesive" should not be sprayed on when there is a wind current going on? It could get on your skin or in your eyes.
Stand up wind!:laugh:

Arkhemedes
06-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Stand up wind!:laugh:[/quote]
This works well for a number of things. :laugh:

tesral
06-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Like being near Congress.

Kaewin
06-12-2009, 12:37 PM
kept hearing tjhis weird rustling sound and could figure out what it was. On of my cats has climber up onto the shelved part of the night stand and is sleeping there.

Panthro82
06-12-2009, 09:51 PM
kept hearing tjhis weird rustling sound and could figure out what it was. On of my cats has climber up onto the shelved part of the night stand and is sleeping there.

Its got to be the super secret kung-fu ninja society!!!

Genesplicer
06-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Its got to be the super secret kung-fu ninja society!!!Just mutate yourself some turtles, they aught to take care of those pesky ninjas by the time they hit puberty (especialy if you throw in a rat).:madgrin:

Panthro82
06-13-2009, 01:41 AM
lol oh man Splinter you genius! The Ninja Turtles would have been nothing without your +6 wisdom whiskers...

Genesplicer
06-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Don't forget a side of TV news reporters to distract the villans, and draw fire from the goons.

GoddessGood
06-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey peeps, I am ducking school <cough cough> and Kaewin is buying it. I wanted to say hi and get someone to click my egg. Its so awesome!!

Meep!
Aww, looks like lack of egg clicking has made its mark.

Unfortunately, I have been out a lot this week due to my work adding software that monitors website traffick and my cat having a hairball so severe he had to be hospitalized for days. Unintended, but there you has it. Glad to see this thread hasn't died, though :)

Arkhemedes
06-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah, hairballs. I hate those damn things. Tried using Pepto on one once. Didn't help. But it did clear up my heartburn.

Panthro82
06-13-2009, 09:32 PM
i cant say i have ever had a hairball......people get hairballs in their throats?

Arkhemedes
06-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Who said anything about people?

tesral
06-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Phoenixies can't get hairballs.

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Yeah? What about heartburn?

Panthro82
06-14-2009, 01:56 AM
hairballs get heartburn??? I am learning new things...

Windstar
06-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Learning doesn't stop just because you stopped going to school, everyday you should try and learn one thing, hopefully you pick a good lesson and are not taught a hard lesson.

Baldwin Stonewood
06-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Lesson Learned #1 - Do not put your fingers in a loaded mousetrap.

Lesson Learned #2 - Push to the limit "Empty" on your car's gas gauge. Does "E" really mean "E" or do you have a few more miles you can go?

Panthro82
06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Lesson Learned #1 - Do not put your fingers in a loaded mousetrap.

Lesson Learned #2 - Push to the limit "Empty" on your car's gas gauge. Does "E" really mean "E" or do you have a few more miles you can go?

Lesson 2 was learned by Kramer in an episode of Seinfeld. LOL awesome episode.

GoddessGood
06-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I am planning on giving my cat a lion cut, anyone want pictures :laugh:? Yes, I am a cruel human being, but due to the multiple procedures he had to have done, he's shaved in odd places and looks mangy. I'm getting him shaved all over (except for head of course) so his coat can grow out normally and prevent more hairballs for a while.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I am planning on giving my cat a lion cut, anyone want pictures :laugh:? Yes, I am a cruel human being, but due to the multiple procedures he had to have done, he's shaved in odd places and looks mangy. I'm getting him shaved all over (except for head of course) so his coat can grow out normally and prevent more hairballs for a while.
Yes, be sure to give us pictures, GoddessGood. I figure, if your cat has to have that cut, then why not allow the rest of us at P&PG enjoy it too.

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I had to shave some body parts too. Don't worry. I won't be sending any pictures.

Cardboard Tube Knight
06-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Well isn't this a convenient thread?

Q-man
06-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Hairballs used to be valuable, according to this article (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1106/were-hairballs-once-considered-things-of-beauty)one was in the crown jewels of England.

Cardboard Tube Knight
06-14-2009, 02:43 PM
That's actually kind of sad.

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, hairballs, crown jewels...where are we headed with this?

Cardboard Tube Knight
06-14-2009, 05:11 PM
We're headed to win.

Panthro82
06-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't listen to what they say. Hairballs are rather worthless. ESPECIALLY if they have heartburn!

Windstar
06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Dicussing hairballs, where is the justice in the world?

Panthro82
06-14-2009, 07:00 PM
hey someone else brought it up...i am just earning exp :p

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Man, were on a roll with this hairball thing. I'm rather enjoying it. Wonder how long we can keep it going?

Windstar
06-14-2009, 08:43 PM
hack, hack, hack, scrack, scrack...........spits out hairball

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh man! Not on the carpet!

tesral
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah? What about heartburn?

Dude we are heartburn.

Oh man! Not on the carpet!

If you have one square foot of carpet in a 1,000,000 square foot house, the cat with ack up on the carpet.

Panthro82
06-14-2009, 09:49 PM
I guess hairballs are better than dead mice....cats seem to leave those on carpets as well

PS. woohhoooo level 17

tesral
06-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Better dead mice than live mice.

Windstar
06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Mice make great Ball Python food.

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Does that mean pythons get hairballs too?

tesral
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Mice make great Ball Python food.

According to mine they do.

http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/Pets/Perry2.jpg

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Wait, I'm confused. Mice make great python food or pythons get hairballs?

Hey, I know that dude!

Panthro82
06-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Maybe Pythons get hairballs after they eat the mice?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Even Thoth has been amazed how long this hairball topic has lived. :eek:

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Unfortunately, I have been out a lot this week due to my work adding software that monitors website traffick and my cat having a hairball so severe he had to be hospitalized for days. Unintended, but there you has it.Nice to finaly have you back Goddess. Yes, definetly give us some pics of you baby lion. And forget live mice and hairballs, our cat likes to bring in wounded birds. They can sort of fly. Sort of.

tesral
06-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Even Thoth has been amazed how long this hairball topic has lived. :eek:

It's ALIIIIIVE!

Maybe Pythons get hairballs after they eat the mice?

Well to be pedantic they do. They poop these pellets of chalky white stuff, it is hair and bone.

Nice to finaly have you back Goddess. Yes, definetly give us some pics of you baby lion. And forget live mice and hairballs, our cat likes to bring in wounded birds. They can sort of fly. Sort of.

Now that is true love. Sucks to the be the bird however. You do realize they are trying to teach you to hunt.

Arkhemedes
06-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Well to be pedantic they do. They poop these pellets of chalky white stuff, it is hair and bone.

Hairballs and snake poop....Mmmmmm

Panthro82
06-15-2009, 08:57 AM
the birds are wounded because the cat wounded them! I bet the cat was trying to wash down the hairballs with a nice bird sandwich. Or maybe the cat brought the bird to you to show you how it gets the hairballs!

Moritz
06-15-2009, 09:18 AM
We have this idiot bird who sees himself in the window reflection. He's always bashing himself against the window.

tesral
06-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Soon to be a cat hairball and snake poo sandwich.

Panthro82
06-15-2009, 11:56 AM
lol

Arkhemedes
06-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I like mine with a dash of Grey Poupon and pickles...not the sweet kind, but the sliced hamburger dills.

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
the birds are wounded because the cat wounded them!Uh...Yea, that was my point.
I bet the cat was trying to wash down the hairballs with a nice bird sandwich.Fourtunaty, our cat doesn't seem to get hairballs. It just brings in birds, mice, and the ocasional lizard (sometimes it brings them in dead, other times alive), and ocasionaly pukes on the carpet for no aparent reason.
Or maybe the cat brought the bird to you to show you how it gets the hairballs!Naw, most likely its just showing off its prowers as a hunter. Or maybe Kestral is right, and it wants to try and get us lazy humans to get in on the hunting game.

Panthro82
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
puking on the carpet...What a nice, thoughtful cat!!!

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Yea, he likes to do it in the morning right after everyonr has left the house, that way it can be a nice and congealed surprise for whoever arives home first.

tesral
06-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Indoor cats; Live longer, puke less, and don't bring in birds and lizards.

Windstar
06-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh man Tesral, you have a ball python and ya don't like lizards? They are both reptilian.

MortonStromgal
06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Indoor cats; Live longer, puke less, and don't bring in birds and lizards.

And as they get older they miss the literbox more...

tesral
06-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Oh man Tesral, you have a ball python and ya don't like lizards? They are both reptilian.

Who said I didn't like lizards? It's "Lizards" I'm not fond of.

And as they get older they miss the literbox more...

Missy made it to 19, and she never missed.

Arkhemedes
06-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, well I'm nearly 50 and I almost never miss!

GoddessGood
06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
My beau's mom's cat (named Cat, strangely enough) pukes on the floor several times a week and has done so since a kitten. I am dumbfounded as to why they kept him, but somewhen in there she pulled up the carpets and put down a hardwood floor ... so it'd be easier to clean!

My cat does not miss the litter box. He expresses his displeasure with the management by leaving presents on the bed. (Yay! TMI)

No pics of mini-lion yet, his grooming appointment isn't for another couple of days. Suspect he will be an odd gray/black/white speckled lion and will probably prance. He is the soul of pretty, you see.

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
No pics of mini-lion yet, his grooming appointment isn't for another couple of days. Suspect he will be an odd gray/black/white speckled lion and will probably prance. He is the soul of pretty, you see.Cats always prance.:cool:

tesral
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Except when they thud. My two tromping though the house sound like the charge of the Rohirrim.

Genesplicer
06-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Not ours. I call him Ninja Kitty. He's solid midnight black, makes no noise, and has a tendancy to suddenly apear behind you if you turn around for a few seconds and then look back. Just sitting there. Stairing at you. With giant yellow eyes. Not blinking. We even started giving him collars with a little jinglely bell. No noise. I frick'n checked the bells before I by the collars. Slightest movement, they jingle. But not on him, cause he's NINJA KITTY!!!!:twitch:

Panthro82
06-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I call my friends cat Ninja or Chuck Norris because he is the same way. Jet black and he hides and pounces. Awesome cat. He sneak attacks their dog all the time.

Genesplicer
06-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Yea, our cat will ocasionaly stalk the dog, but he won't attack. Despite the fact that the cat is only 1 or two pounds smaller than the dog, he just can't seem to hold his own when they get into a mock fight. The'll chase eachother around the house for a bit, then the cat will innevitably retreat.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-16-2009, 02:05 AM
My friend has a cat with a serious mood swing disorder. I lovingly call it Sybil. Yeah, the name stuck.

Panthro82
06-16-2009, 02:08 AM
oh Ninja cat can beat up my friends dog. Its funny to watch. He usually prefers to dive bomb the dog unsuspectingly and then dart off, jumping up high where the dog can't get to him and then repeat process.

Arkhemedes
06-16-2009, 07:06 AM
My brother's cat Tommy is one big feline. You don't play with that cat. He'll draw blood every time. He can make a leap from a sitting position to the top of a seven foot bookshelf without blinking and is ferocious as a bobcat.

Skunkape
06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
The most recent cat we had would hold a grudge when you picked at him. He'd way for up to two weeks before he'd get you back.

My son and grandson never learned. They'd pick at him till he'd get mad and then just continue to pick at him. Finally, he'd mrow, which was really evil sounding, get up and stalk away. Then about a week or so later, they'd be walking past him while he was laying on the floor and just as they got close to him, he'd jump up, run up to them and hit them with his paw and also try and bite them.

One time my grandson asked me why the cat attacked him and I told him, "Remember when you were picking on him last week, well he remembers too!":laugh:

I really miss that cat.:(

Oh and we have a zoo. An Austrialian Dingo, Minature Pincher, Prairie Dog, hairless Dumbo rat, Bearded Dragon and Red Rat snake.

tesral
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Zak is the direct opposite, just as physical, but a total sweety, inch long fangs and all.