PDA

View Full Version : The level up thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

yukonhorror
04-23-2009, 11:55 AM
you pounced goddess for the steal

Genesplicer
04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
S$%&!!! Sorry Goddess, yukonhorror and I fouled you up, posted at the same d#$% time!

I guess we'll just have to get you in at #2,000

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 11:57 AM
and Genesplicer takes #1000. Wow, that's a lot of participation.

yukonhorror
04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
no way to isolate it, but morton has 5000+ xp for threads, that's a lot.

GoddessGood
04-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Heehee, oh well. Guess there's always next time. I just finished the fic, though, so it's all good. I may post it when its done.

Genesplicer
04-23-2009, 12:05 PM
no way to isolate it, but morton has 5000+ xp for threads, that's a lot.

Yea, I noticed that. He gets one point for each post in the thread. So this makes point 1006 for him.

It's one heck of a pyramid sceem for him. We tolerate it for two reasons:
1) He was up-front and honest about it from the getgo (see thread title, and his first post). A trick that only works once, :sigh:

and

2) Because we're reaping the rewards as well.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 12:29 PM
You can always go for #2000.

Genesplicer
04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Time for a break, see ya'll later.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Catch ya later. Now, back to Highlander.

Kaewin
04-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Man I missed it, went to lunch with wife

tesral
04-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I haven't been under the hood of the experience system in a while, but I believe the Activity Bar is actually a reflection of how many posts you have made in the past month versus the maximum number of posts that anyone else made. That is how the percentage is derived, unless memory fails me.

So this thread is blowing the curve. OK people stop posting.

Kaewin
04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't get it

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
I think what FC is saying is that the system calculates based off of the #1 poster.

Kaewin
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
That looks to be you then

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh, i really doubt it.

Kaewin
04-23-2009, 01:44 PM
you have 100% while I have 98%

how many do I have to do today to get past you? How many posts a minute?:cool:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Doesnt mean i have posted the most, just that i am within a certain range of whoever has posted the most. There are others with 100% too.

cigamnogard
04-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Catch ya later. Now, back to Highlander.
Rerun?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Rerun?
They're showing it on tv. I'm talking about the original movie that started it all. This is one movie i can enjoy for the rest of my life, not unlike the Firefly series. Must purchase on Bluray, once released on said format.

cigamnogard
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Editor's version or regular?

kirksmithicus
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Yea, I noticed that. He gets one point for each post in the thread. So this makes point 1006 for him.

It's one heck of a pyramid sceem for him. We tolerate it for two reasons:
1) He was up-front and honest about it from the getgo (see thread title, and his first post). A trick that only works once, :sigh:

and

2) Because we're reaping the rewards as well.

So if I post in my own thread I get two XP's :D.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Editor's version or regular?
Hopefully the Bluray will have both versions.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Hmm, learn something new every day. I didnt know.

Farcaster
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Heehee, oh well. Guess there's always next time. I just finished the fic, though, so it's all good. I may post it when its done.
You know, a few deletes of earlier posts on this thread and boom, you'd have #1000. So the question is ... What's it worth to you?

:p

yukonhorror
04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
you could probably get rid of the "what number I am thinking of" section started by some goof ball :P.

kirksmithicus
04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
You know, a few deletes of earlier posts on this thread and boom, you'd have #1000. So the question is ... What's it worth to you?

LMAO,

Farcaster - Now accepting cash, checks, paypal and all major credit cards.

GoddessGood
04-23-2009, 04:20 PM

That depends, do you take payment in dolls (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/blog.php?b=216) or fiction, bychance?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 04:22 PM
That's hilarious, Farcaster. Saving up for a great summer vacation, are ye? :laugh:

yukonhorror
04-23-2009, 04:26 PM
the ball is officially rolling on organic pbp game. Come one come all. Earn experience and have fun.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149

cigamnogard
04-23-2009, 06:01 PM

REally?

yukonhorror
04-23-2009, 06:04 PM
maybe three, cause you get points for people looking at it right?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-23-2009, 06:21 PM
This is all new to me. If this is the case, then the folks that have initiated over a hundred threads must be doing quite nicely. Good for them.

Genesplicer
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Yes.

This is all new to me. If this is the case, then the folks that have initiated over a hundred threads must be doing quite nicely. Good for them.

That depends entierly on if anyone is posting in them, or looking at them. This thread, for instance, is worth well over a thousand points counting posts and views, but most aren't worth this much. The one thread I luanched has only netted me about 40 points, and it seams to be dying out at this point. Initiating a lot of threads helps, but only the ones with at least some measure of interesting content will earn any significant points. It better worth your while in xp to make posts in relavent threads than to try and start a whole bunch of frivolous threads of your own. (Or you can just spam this thread, the threadjack thread, or play the word game if you don't see any interesting topics going around.) My thread wouldn't have even made that 40 if it hadn't atracted at least a few people.

maybe three, cause you get points for people looking at it right?

Yes, but only the first time they access the thread I beleave. I don't think subsequent views by the same acount net any additional points.

tesral
04-24-2009, 12:22 AM
That depends, do you take payment in dolls (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/blog.php?b=216) or fiction, bychance?

What fiction do you write?

Dolls are hard to read.

the ball is officially rolling on organic pbp game.

With CARBON!!!!! :smash:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 12:30 AM
I cant believe I've posted 2849 times. It adds up.

tesral
04-24-2009, 12:31 AM
I cant believe I've posted 2849 times. It adds up.

Yes it does. Most of my experience is from posting.

Farcaster
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
That's hilarious, Farcaster. Saving up for a great summer vacation, are ye? :laugh:

Well, I am going to GenCon this year, so ... :biggrin:

Hmmm.. No, but I will take that cat pictured sitting there on your shoulder.

tesral
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM

Never part with a cat.

Sigh, Zak is sleeping peacefully next to me.

Soft Serve
04-24-2009, 09:23 AM
S$%&!!! Sorry Goddess, yukonhorror and I fouled you up, posted at the same d#$% time!

I guess we'll just have to get you in at #2,000

Smooooooth. :)

Thoth, I believe it was Thoth - I don't know any more that was like 10 pages ago - was correct that the Lurker title is lifted one month after your first post.

I haven't been under the hood of the experience system in a while, but I believe the Activity Bar is actually a reflection of how many posts you have made in the past month versus the maximum number of posts that anyone else made. That is how the percentage is derived, unless memory fails me.

I love that Farcaster is no longer out of the lv-up thread. Earlier I mentioned a lv20+ bonus, where once you get there something becomes unlocked for you. That's basically this thread right now isn't it. None of the lv1's-10's seem to be posting here despite how much of an advantage it would obviously be.

Just how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go? :)

AND Now to post my own question that will surely inspire something terrible to happen soon depending on the answers...

Could you post your own lv up thread. And then simply post your own opinions in that very same thread? Giving yourself XP for posting, having it read, having it posted in, and then the XP for posting in it?

....I bet theres a spike in post ##'s if that's correct.

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 09:36 AM
thoth,

read a review, and it looks like the illusionist gnome gets some love in the new arcane power.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Always a good bit of news to hear.

Farcaster
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Could you post your own lv up thread. And then simply post your own opinions in that very same thread? Giving yourself XP for posting, having it read, having it posted in, and then the XP for posting in it?

That is what blogs are for. But, also, you should know that you get less experience for replying to your own threads than you do from replying to others.

cplmac
04-24-2009, 11:05 AM
That is what blogs are for. But, also, you should know that you get less experience for replying to your own threads than you do from replying to others.

Hmm... The last approximately dozen posts here have been rather enligntening. I just hope that we don't see a bunch of spam/garbage posts being put on threads, just to gain XP. I would think that a post should either have something to do with the post that preceeds it or something with the thread topic and any of the other posts in that thread.

If a post gets deleted or merged, does the XP that was gained from that post get deleted as well? Now granted, there are a couple of threads that are here for nonsense types posts, I just hope all the threads turn into these in search of gaining XP.

Kaewin
04-24-2009, 11:11 AM
nonsense is fun, its lets you slip away from the serious. If I had noone to joke with all day after I finished my cleaning I would sit and watch tv

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 11:17 AM
but the posts on this topic aren't spam (some are), but a sort of really slow chatroom

Kaewin
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
I heard that, but half the time I get on I am all alone, and I feel sad. I do like seeing ideas posted and dissected, gives you diffrent perspective. Mostly I goof for fun and see if someone else is intrested by what I am saying. When I miss time on here it takes awhile to catch up:biggrin:

Farcaster
04-24-2009, 11:46 AM
If a post gets deleted or merged, does the XP that was gained from that post get deleted as well?
Yes, it gets readjusted if your post count changes.

Now granted, there are a couple of threads that are here for nonsense types posts, I just hope all the threads turn into these in search of gaining XP.
I agree. If spam threads start cluttering the forums, they'll be merged or deleted. The xp thing is just a fun way to recognize the people who contribute so much to the forums. It isn't meant as a goal unto itself.
But, just to be clear, I don't have a problem with this thread in particular. If it was just spam, I might, but it seems like you guys are having good conversations here.

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
hooray, FC approves of level up thread.

Now onto more important and serious business.

For pics, would you rather have ones of me and the wife, or stuff we see? And would you rather have more scuba pics or site-seeing pics?

Oh and any suggestions on what to see in valetta, malta; barcelona; pompeii/naples; rome; florence/pisa; and cannes, france??

In rome, we are definitely going to see the colosseum and the sistine chapel, but any other suggestions?

Thorn
04-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi, I'm new and one of Kaewins friends.

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 12:52 PM
welcome to the boards, and have fun.

This is a great site to hang out and talk shop about gaming.

kirksmithicus
04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Hmm... The last approximately dozen posts here have been rather enligntening. I just hope that we don't see a bunch of spam/garbage posts being put on threads, just to gain XP. I would think that a post should either have something to do with the post that preceeds it or something with the thread topic and any of the other posts in that thread.

Well that's kind of what the General Chatter forum is for IMO. When things are slow in the other forums, you hang out here and be a goofball. Who cares if the majority of the posts in the General Chatter forum are asinine and pointless, like most idle chit chat in real life BTW. In other forums people seem to keep things pretty much on topic, with the occasional tangent, funny quip or two. As for gaining XP's, I think the whole thing is rather ironic, since most of play games in which gaining XP's and levels are par for the course, you kind of have to expect that a certain percentage of us would be a bunch of XP grubbing post ho's...........err....I mean Power Posters. :cool:

ooooh, look.....shiney loot!

Kaewin
04-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Thorn, won't get on alot. He doesn't own a computer and uses. Loves to play Disciple.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello and welcome to the boards, Thorn.

yukonhorror
04-24-2009, 04:13 PM
hooray, FC approves of level up thread.

Now onto more important and serious business.

For pics, would you rather have ones of me and the wife, or stuff we see? And would you rather have more scuba pics or site-seeing pics?

Oh and any suggestions on what to see in valetta, malta; barcelona; pompeii/naples; rome; florence/pisa; and cannes, france??

In rome, we are definitely going to see the colosseum and the sistine chapel, but any other suggestions?

these were serious questions, not just an attempt to be silly........

Ok they were both. :rolleyes:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm just envious of your vacation. Sounds to be a great experience. Since i will probably never go there in this lifetime, i would put my vote in on things you see, and being a scuba diver, some underwater pics would be great too. Again, yukonhorror, may your vacation go beyond your expectations.

Soft Serve
04-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Well that's kind of what the General Chatter forum is for IMO. When things are slow in the other forums, you hang out here and be a goofball. Who cares if the majority of the posts in the General Chatter forum are asinine and pointless, like most idle chit chat in real life BTW. In other forums people seem to keep things pretty much on topic, with the occasional tangent, funny quip or two. As for gaining XP's, I think the whole thing is rather ironic, since most of play games in which gaining XP's and levels are par for the course, you kind of have to expect that a certain percentage of us would be a bunch of XP grubbing post ho's...........err....I mean Power Posters. :cool:

ooooh, look.....shiney loot!

Power Rangers you mean?

Wheres the Power Rangers RPG? :)

Welcome to the Boards. And way to disprove my "there are no level 1's in here" with your very first post.

Yukon gets to go on vacation? No XP for him unless he finds a computer there. lol.

Is it possible to hit lv 30? Or do you have to be Farcaster for that?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 07:34 PM
I've been watching the series, The Tudors, and have found it to be not only quite entertaining, but well written and acted, as well. I also saw an episode of Moonlight. Well, the jury is still out on this one, but so far, I'm willing to catch another episode.

Kaewin
04-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I've seen adds for the Tudors it looks nice, unfortunately cann't afford movie channels

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 07:47 PM
I dont purchase the channel either. I netflix it. Definitely worth the money, especially since they give you unlimited downloads to your tv if you dont have the patience to wait the two days for dvd arrival.

Kaewin
04-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Tyhat would make me crazy, I am the type of guy who watchs something at a whim. I bought DVDs from columbia house and it took me 6 months to watch them all. I have to be in that mood. I would order it and it would show up and I wouldn't care.

I'm not a big tv watcher.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-24-2009, 07:58 PM
No worries. Just throwing it out there... and i don't even own stock in the company.

So, i believe, the next P&PG contest is sometime around September? Well, whenever it is, sign me up as a participant.

Genesplicer
04-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Any idea what type of contest it will be?

tesral
04-25-2009, 01:02 AM

I would send you to every archaeological site on the continent given half a chance, and send you the SD cards for the pictures,.

Silly comes later, but not muchy latter.

Tyhat would make me crazy, I am the type of guy who watchs something at a whim. I bought DVDs from columbia house and it took me 6 months to watch them all. I have to be in that mood. I would order it and it would show up and I wouldn't care.

I'm not a big tv watcher.

Who carries the whim channel? I haven't seen that one my my market. I'm holding out for the MEE! channel. the one that always has exactly what I want to watch when I want to watch it even if I didn';t know I wanted that.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Any idea what type of contest it will be?
Farcaster has yet to share that with us. Probably more contests and awards for the b-day of P&PG.

kirksmithicus
04-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Good night! don't let the electronic bugs bite.

As for Malta how about the oldest stone buildings (http://users.aber.ac.uk/jpg/malta/arch.html) in the world.

How about the Roman Forum.

Genesplicer
04-25-2009, 10:06 AM
That realy is a nice shotgun you have there. Just had to say it.

tesral
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
As for Malta how about the oldest stone buildings (http://users.aber.ac.uk/jpg/malta/arch.html) in the world.

How about the Roman Forum.

You need to be careful on the way to the forum.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm now reading The Tower of the Elephant, by Robert E. Howard. Good stuff.

tesral
04-25-2009, 10:27 AM
In two and a half hours I have a meeting of MDLUG (http://www.mdlug.org/) to plan our room party at Penguicon 7 (http://www.penguicon.org/).

Anyone else attending the Con?

GoddessGood
04-25-2009, 10:32 AM
What fiction do you write?

Dolls are hard to read.
Generally, character fiction. Stories about the PCs and NPCs in my games or in my head. I've got a piece of one up in my blog now. Working on some interlude fiction for one of my players. She just got her hands on a tome that will lead her to learn sorcery once she figures out what it actually is/does.

As I read that, my cat was sitting on my lap and thoroughly enjoying the pettings he was receiving. I think you might have a hard time getting him away from home ... unless you offered large amounts of steamed crab ... then he would worship you.

You need to be careful on the way to the forum.
Funny things can happen.

Game is today. Let's see if I can keep things from getting too out of hand and maybe wrap up the story arc. Kaninchen has offered to run Keep on the Shadowfell for us and I feel bad that it keeps getting put off.

tesral
04-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Game is today. Let's see if I can keep things from getting too out of hand and maybe wrap up the story arc. Kaninchen has offered to run Keep on the Shadowfell for us and I feel bad that it keeps getting put off.

We have a rollicking good game last night. Almost constant combat from end to end, but after three weeks of none it was welcome. I'm not a big lover of combat.

I'll let it digest a day or two and post a blog.

Genesplicer
04-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark!!!
One of the old PC groups I was in actualy used this as our battle-cry.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Always wanted to do some dry suit diving up in Puget Sound. Anyone have any stories?

tesral
04-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Always wanted to do some dry suit diving up in Puget Sound. Anyone have any stories?

I aim to keep my suit dry.

GoddessGood
04-26-2009, 08:34 AM
So there's such a thing as a dry suit? Interesting. The more you know.

Game went very well, will be doing some rounding off of the edges tonight in the chat room with two of my players. I'll write up the campaign log in a bit.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Game went very well, will be doing some rounding off of the edges tonight in the chat room with two of my players. I'll write up the campaign log in a bit.
Something that's very important in very cold water. That doesnt mean, of course, some doesnt leak in through the neck seal...what a wake-up call that is...ah refreshing.

Genesplicer
04-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Unfortunatly, I've never had the oportunity to scuba. I've always wondered what it would be like to do ii at the Great Barier Refe out by Austrailia. I've heard that's suposed to be wonderful beyond beleif.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 11:06 AM
You aught to give it a go. If you ever take a vacation near a beach, there are 1 day beginners training to get you wet. It's pretty cool.

Genesplicer
04-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I, unfortunatly, do not live anywhere near a beach, nor do I have at presant any funds to pay for such a course. :sigh::(

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Attention to all the writers on P&PG: Check out my blog for you may very well find it interested. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/blog.php?u=2428

tesral
04-26-2009, 12:43 PM

Something that's very important in very cold water. That doesnt mean, of course, some doesnt leak in through the neck seal...what a wake-up call that is...ah refreshing.

A "wet suit" is just that. It doesn't keep water out, but holds a layer of water against the skin that gets warm and insulates you, to a point. A dry suit as Thoth mentioned keeps water (mostly) out. Additional insulation can be worn to keep you warmer.

No, I don't scuba. I have a hole in my neck. Otherwise I would love to try.

Genesplicer
04-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I have a hole in my neck. Otherwise I would love to try.

Should I ask? Or maybe you covered this in the We should be Dead thread?

tesral
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Should I ask? Or maybe you covered this in the We should be Dead thread?

Tracheotomy. Nothing "dangerous" I did. It was sleep apnea.

Genesplicer
04-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Tough luck. I'm guessing that wasn't fun, and you don't even have any crazy stories to tell the kids.

tesral
04-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Tough luck. I'm guessing that wasn't fun, and you don't even have any crazy stories to tell the kids.

I'm not much of a crazy story kind of guy. I prefer to learn from the experience of others.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
At this moment, P&PG has:

Threads: 9,234, Posts: 69,103, Members: 7,453

...and counting. Congrats to everyone on these boards.

Genesplicer
04-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Give it a year or so, and half the total posts will be on this one thread alone!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Give it a year or so, and half the total posts will be on this one thread alone!
No way I'd take that bet. Why? You'd be right.

Genesplicer
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Getting close to a level.

Farcaster
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I would be amazed -- nay, astonished! -- if this thread could keep up enough steam to make it a year.

kirksmithicus
04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, We'll see what we can do about that.

Genesplicer
04-26-2009, 08:06 PM
"Hot Damn! You're Heroic!"
-Zephrem Cocrin to William Riker, Star Trek: First Contact

Apropriate, cause now, so am I!! (Level up!)

tesral
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
I would be amazed -- nay, astonished! -- if this thread could keep up enough steam to make it a year.

Well it has no topic to get off of. I think the server will choke on it before a year is out. It says something for the PnP servers that it is over 1000 messages and it hasn't choked yet.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Call me biased, but i have high hopes that my THREADJACK thread wins in the end.

kirksmithicus
04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Go WORD ASSOCIATION thread! :biggrin:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2009, 12:09 AM
That's right, vote for the underdog. The THREADJACK thead will defeat thee in the end.

GoddessGood
04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
That one, I stopped following it because there was nothing to follow. I could pick up the very last page of it and not be behind in the conversation at all. It rankled me the way Twitter rankles me. *shrug*

yukonhorror
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
my vote is for the ever-changing adventures thread *cough* nudge nudge, hint hint, say no more, say no more.

GoddessGood
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Hrm, it seems to have gone quiet over here. Odd ...

Saw an episode of Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire. Kinda wish I hadn't.

yukonhorror
04-27-2009, 12:37 PM
it has gone quiet. It is FC's post. He killed the mood. But I say we have to keep this thing alive until morton is level 30.

GoddessGood
04-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Only thousands of posts to go!

Genesplicer
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I think Kirksmithicus' Word asociation will outlast the threadjack. Like Goddessgood says, its just pop in, post something, and pop out. I'm running out of things to talk about, and my only motivation for posting on it is as a secondary level up thread. At least with the level up thread, I can cary on and participate in conversations. Can't do that in threadjack, otherwise its stops being threadjack, and we might as well just post in real threads then.

The word association is quick, simple, and surprisingly fun. I like going back and see what other people come up with. I think it'll outlast the threadjack easily.

Farcaster
04-27-2009, 01:30 PM
It is FC's post. He killed the mood.

Shall I add this to my title? Mood Killer? :p

yukonhorror
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM

yes

;)

It's like when the teacher comes into the classroom or your boss enters the office. Everybody stops goofing around and appears to be serious.

hrumph hrumph hrumph

GoddessGood
04-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Farcaster: Moodbane. I likes it :)

Genesplicer
04-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I see Farcaster got around to changing everyone's title to the 300 (+7)

tesral
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Farcaster: Moodbane. I likes it :)

Snerk. Hey the mood comes and goes. I'm waiting for the server to croak on the thread.

GoddessGood
04-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Bah. Mr. Server-half-empty over there ;). Even if it does choke on this thread, it'll have been a fun time.

tesral
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Bah. Mr. Server-half-empty over there ;). Even if it does choke on this thread, it'll have been a fun time.

If it croaks, it wasn't half empty was it.

Terabyte drives, under 100 bucks. I think I just had a nerdgasm.

Panthro82
04-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I think eventually this thread will merge with the word association thread to become a super gigantic waste of everyones time :p or even better the Thread Jack Word Association For Experience Thread

yukonhorror
04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
i don't like the word association thread. I get bored. I do like the movies/actors/movies one

Talmek
04-27-2009, 05:50 PM
I think eventually this thread will merge with the word association thread to become a super gigantic waste of everyones time :p or even better the Thread Jack Word Association For Experience Thread

Love the combination. You now have my vote to officially change the thread title.

kirksmithicus
04-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Yes, yes you should, kill joy. :p

i don't like the word association thread. I get bored.

That's blasphemy you lousy heretic. ;)

I want this thread to go to at least post #1234. I've got dibs 'cause that's the combo on my luggage.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
hanging offense

tesral
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
\
That's blasphemy you lousy heretic. ;).

Well if I ever get your luggage your stuff is mine. Word Association failed to thrill me as well

Genesplicer
04-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I want this thread to go to at least post #1234. I've got dibs 'cause that's the combo on my luggage.

I wouldn't be surprised if it got there. I, for one, do enjoy the game.

Well if I ever get your luggage your stuff is mine.

Same here. I wonder if he uses that as his alarm code at the house...:D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Strangely, i find myself compelled to continue participating. Must be a curse spell, or something.

tesral
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Strangely, i find myself compelled to continue participating. Must be a curse spell, or something.

Sucking out what is left of your evil tattered soul.

Genesplicer
04-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Kirksmithicus found a means of magical compulsion to prmote his thread. I have to head to my mystical laboritory and research that spell. It could prove most useful.... Mwa-Haaa-Haaa-Haaaaa!!!:lol:

kirksmithicus
04-27-2009, 11:17 PM
The airlines lost my luggage once. The help desk clerk for American Airlines, Sam Francisco (I kid you not) told me that I would get a call in a day or two about my missing luggage. So the fateful call finally comes. The person on the other end wants to know if there is anything that would set my luggage apart from other peoples luggage. Some thing in it that would positively identify it as mine, something that no one else would have in their luggage. So I tell them, yes, in the top pocket is a little yellow book titled 'English Villagers of the 13th Century'. I received my luggage the next day, never did get my wife's luggage back. So the moral of the story is.......stick something weird in you luggage so they can easily identify it when it gets lost.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-27-2009, 11:23 PM
The airlines lost my luggage once. The help desk clerk for American Airlines, Sam Francisco (I kid you not) told me that I would get a call in a day or two about my missing luggage. So the fateful call finally comes. The person on the other end wants to know if there is anything that would set my luggage apart from other peoples luggage. Some thing in it that would positively identify it as mine, something that no one else would have in their luggage. So I tell them, yes, in the top pocket is a little yellow book titled 'English Villagers of the 13th Century'. I received my luggage the next day, never did get my wife's luggage back. So the moral of the story is.......stick something weird in you luggage so they can easily identify it when it gets lost.
That's an interesting story, Kirksmithicus. I had some luggage disappear in which i was told I'd get a call within a week... i never got that call. Sucked! :confused:

tesral
04-28-2009, 12:19 AM
That's an interesting story, Kirksmithicus. I had some luggage disappear in which i was told I'd get a call within a week... i never got that call. Sucked! :confused:

It was some decades back (Some things never change) the Detroit Free Press had a cartoon of a airliner trailing luggage out the bottom. the caption read. "Until further notice the Northwest airline lost luggage clue will meet in the Pontiac Silverdome until larger quarters can be secured."

I don't travel by air often, and I have outright refused to do so since air travelers lost their assumption of innocence. However in the times I have flown they nave never lost my luggage.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-28-2009, 12:27 AM
I've traveled with many of the different airlines, and have been unhappy with each of them, save one... Southwest airlines have never let me down, and their prices are second to none.

tesral
04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I've traveled with many of the different airlines, and have been unhappy with each of them, save one... Southwest airlines have never let me down, and their prices are second to none.

Getting let down can be painful when you don't have your own wings.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Pun intended? :laugh:

tesral
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Pun intended? :laugh:

Natch.....

GoddessGood
04-28-2009, 08:26 AM
I always like the Frontier flights from San Antonio to Denver. It was non-stop and two hours long so we got to watch in-flight movies on our own personal screens set into the headrest in front of us. Never lost my luggage, never was late. I used to fly Continental with a connect in Houston, but got sick of it the third time the flight out of Bush Int'l got delayed. I spent an hour on the tarmac once because they couldn't get the luggage on the plane (it was stuck in the baggage system). I also spent over an hour waiting for them to clear and deplane foreign passengers so we could get going.

It's been quite some time since I've had to fly, now that I have a good car that gets good mileage and can take a roadtrip. If all does not go well, I may have to cram my fabulous, curvy self into an airplane seat to Wisconsin to see my grandfather. I just found out my lovable, incorrigable, 74 year old grandfather has colon cancer. I could smack him for not getting screened but my grandmother would probably smack me back, and she hits hard.

Evilspike
04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
so seth is crazy and is talking about chocolate fires

tesral
04-28-2009, 10:58 AM
What does the chocolate fry?

yukonhorror
04-28-2009, 02:36 PM
nice new pic goddess.

I hate southwest because of the lack of assigned seating. It's fine if you are at a computer 24 hrs before flight, but if not, you get screwed.

I would say, I have luggage issues most often with United. That might be due to the fact that's all I pretty much flew out of Denver, so probability skews it that way, but it seems like a constant problem from what I hear from others.

At least at DIA.

Genesplicer
04-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I've never had my lugage lost, but I have had it damaged on American Eagle.

That is a nice new pic Goddess, but I do miss the kitty.

tesral
04-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I've never had my lugage lost, but I have had it damaged on American Eagle.

It's the talons.

Kaewin
04-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi Everyone, took a couple days off to read some PDFs on a disk my friend lent me. 40 Years of the Avengers

GoddessGood
04-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the pic. I changed it because I liked the full-sized version (click on the pic, you'll see the big one in my profile). It reminded me of highschool, as I went to a nerdy one (Science Academy, how nerdy can you get?) and all beings that had female parts were the source of much fascination to the (mostly male) student body. I found the pic in White Wolf's new quarterly, Epitaph (http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?line=news&articleid=1094).

tesral
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
It makes the world go round. The next generation of nerds has ot come form somewhere.

And frankly, I'm still fascinated by beings with female bits. My wife threatened to bury me if I stopped.

Genesplicer
04-29-2009, 12:03 PM
It's the talons.

Ha...ha...ha :ohwell:

It makes the world go round. The next generation of nerds has ot come form somewhere.

So true. :nod:

And frankly, I'm still fascinated by beings with female bits. My wife threatened to bury me if I stopped.:lol:

yukonhorror
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the pic. I changed it because I liked the full-sized version (click on the pic, you'll see the big one in my profile). It reminded me of highschool, as I went to a nerdy one (Science Academy, how nerdy can you get?) and all beings that had female parts were the source of much fascination to the (mostly male) student body. I found the pic in White Wolf's new quarterly, Epitaph (http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?line=news&articleid=1094).

Its true. I went to an Engineering college, with a ratio of 3 guys to every girl, and let's say, there were some slim pickins.

You may think it was good for the girls, but they used to say

"the odds are good, but the goods are odd."

GoddessGood
04-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Haha, love it. At my uni, we engineers had a whole building to ourselves. Just electricals, mechanicals and computer science people. So when I saw super-skinny, high-fashion girls in 4 inch heels and scads of makeup walking down the halls it was hard not to think, "What are you doing in my building?" If I saw them more than once, the thought changed to, "Must be a freshman." Usually I never saw them more than once and only early in the semester. Heh, either that or they smarted up and put on the engineer's uniform.

tesral
04-29-2009, 01:18 PM
"Must be a freshman." Usually I never saw them more than once and only early in the semester. Heh, either that or they smarted up and put on the engineer's uniform.

I would think either out of place or your last option.

yukonhorror
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
level up? I am only a couple of points away

tesral
04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
But if you level up you will be many many points away from leveling up.

yukonhorror
04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
then I can finally get some work done

GoddessGood
04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Don't lie :P If you hit level 20, you'll have 4,500 more points to go to hit lvl 21 and the sheer size of the tasks will motivate you to post more.

yukonhorror
04-29-2009, 02:02 PM
I am not sure. With a two week vacation, that might kill my steam. That, and I got so much crap to do. As such, I got my level 20 (hooray for level up thread) and now will go to work.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Let me guess, Yukonhorror; your favorite river is in Egypt? :laugh:

GoddessGood
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Headed for level 23 myself. Soon, I shall have as many levels as I have years of age :D

Genesplicer
04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Good luck Goddess. Your level up bar is amost full I see, but at your current level that could still represent several housand xp left.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Headed for level 23 myself. Soon, I shall have as many levels as I have years of age :D
99% complete. Congrats!

There are only 3 at 23rd level. You'll make 4.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/xperience.php

tesral
04-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Cleaning the Sanctum, the Kitchen and the Living room.

Shoot me now.

Farcaster
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
All, I have seen a couple of posts in this thread that simply say something like "post," or the like and are not continuing the conversation of the thread. Please know that these posts will be deleted and are against the forum rules:

"Spamming" is not allowed in any fashion. The repeated posting of the same topic across multiple forums, or even within the same forum qualifies as “Spam”. This also includes posting simply for the sake of increasing your post count or posting “I like Pie” 1000 times. *This also includes posting messages spread across multiple posts.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Fighting a mighty headache and awaiting the 5 Excedrin meds to take effect. Makes me wish i could go to sick bay on Star Trek, and ask the doc for a hypo. Wouldn't that be nice.

Okay, i put off taking out the trash long enough. See ya all in a few.

yukonhorror
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM
got an MRI this morning. I guess it's not a tumor, but most likely a migraine. My head also hurts very much.

All, I have seen a couple of posts in this thread that simply say something like "post," or the like and are not continuing the conversation of the thread. Please know that these posts will be deleted and are against the forum rules:

do we need a level up thread mod???

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
got an MRI this morning. I guess it's not a tumor, but most likely a migraine. My head also hurts very much.

do we need a level up thread mod???
Well if we did, i doubt we do anymore. :eek:

tesral
04-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Fighting a mighty headache and awaiting the 5 Excedrin meds to take effect. Makes me wish i could go to sick bay on Star Trek, and ask the doc for a hypo. Wouldn't that be nice.

Oh you and me both dude. I could use a little of that tender loving Star Trek medicine to fix up the stuff that doesn't work or is damaged.

A tumor you could at least die of.

kirksmithicus
04-30-2009, 12:40 AM
This also includes posting simply for the sake of increasing your post count

Hmmm, that would kinda put me back down to zero :lol:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Problem with taking alot of Excedrin, is that if you take enough, don't plan on sleeping at night. This happened to me. Oh well, if i had to choose, give me minimal pain over minimal sleep.

tesral
04-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Problem with taking alot of Excedrin, is that if you take enough, don't plan on sleeping at night. This happened to me. Oh well, if i had to choose, give me minimal pain over minimal sleep.

Excedrin has caffeine in it. I need, unfortunately, something a little stronger. Minimal sleep can kill you over the long term. Ask me how I know.

Panthro82
04-30-2009, 05:23 AM
yea little sleep in the long run can be detrimental to health but not necessarily in every case. My grandma only slept about 4-5 hours a night every night and she lived to see 78. I personally wouldnt want to live past that age. Cause then my cash and prizes will be able to sweep the floor as I walk.

Kaewin
04-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Minamal sleep makes you cranky, mean iratated. Gives you headaches, back aches joint aches and a real ***** to be around. I should know I am an insomniac. I take meds to allivate those above symptoms.

The longest I went with out sleeping was about three days. They were a long three days.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Did the 3 day thing when i was a kid with a best friend. It was memorable.

tesral
04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
It's longer than that that gets you. Sleep apena can kill, it nearly did me in. I was a living zombie until I got the treatment.

GoddessGood
04-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Did they get you in a mask? That thing has got to be uncomfortable. Everyone I knew that had to use one hated them and would often go without instead, despite the risks.

tesral
04-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Surgical treatment. It works, but it was a rough summer.

Panthro82
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
yea TES my cousin had that procedure. He said it was painful for a while, but he said he feels like a completely different person now. His attitude, energy, health all benefited greatly by it.

Goreaddict
05-01-2009, 11:05 AM
My friend has sleep apena and can't receive treatment. He can't use a mask because of his ears, last time they tried for what ever reason his ear drums split open and got infected they had to skin graph it. As far as surgery goes I'm not sure why he can't get it. He's almost always depressed or what ever because he has a lot of other health problems as well.

Kaewin
05-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I have sleep apnea, at least that is what my wife says. She also says if I loose some fat it will go away.

GoddessGood
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Because you snore? :) Not necessarily the same thing as sleep apnea, but weight problems can cause or aggravate it. I saw a mouth-guard type thing not too long ago that makes your jaw sit forward a bit and opens up your airway while sleeping on your back.

Genesplicer
05-01-2009, 12:40 PM
My dad used to snore incredibly. That's how I stopped being afraid of the dark. Whaen I was young, I had to sleep with the door open, so I could see the nightlight in the hallway (I found nightlights to bright to sleep with if they were actualy in the room). However, my dad snored so lound, that some nights it would actualy rattle things in my room if I left the door open, and it would wake me up. I had to learn to handel having the door shut and not being able to see the light in order to get some sleep. My mother had learned to sleep through it, but she had to make sure she went to bed before him. If he went to bed first for some reason, she would actualy have to wake him back up before she could go to sleep.

GoddessGood
05-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I knew a guy once who snored so loud he woke himself up. Saw him do it, too, was very amusing. He was one of the folks that refused to use his CPAP machine (that's what they're called, I think).

Genesplicer
05-01-2009, 02:04 PM
My mother got my dad a dehumidifire for the bedroom. She says it has reduced his volume by half, a least if not considerably more. I'm not sure why it works, but it aparently does.

Kaewin
05-01-2009, 06:12 PM
My wife snores sometimes, once she woke my up and scared me.

She also night farts too.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Gotta pull an all-nighter. Sucks doing so much homework. SUCKS!

yukonhorror
05-01-2009, 06:14 PM
i have been waiting 10 hours for a phone call from a potential employer. GRRRRR.....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Good luck, yukonhorror. Been there.

yukonhorror
05-01-2009, 06:32 PM
i think he forgot. But I don't want to call him, I want him to call me.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Understandable, yukonhorror. But don't wait too long for he may fill the position with another.

yukonhorror
05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
no, we have been going through interview process since jan.

He was supposed to call me today to "discuss" stuff. Stuff being pay package, stuff being when I can start working, stuff being "I am still on the fence between you and candidate B", I don't know. Just stuff.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Well, best of luck to you just the same, yukonhorror.

tesral
05-02-2009, 12:17 AM
My friend has sleep apena and can't receive treatment. He can't use a mask because of his ears, last time they tried for what ever reason his ear drums split open and got infected they had to skin graph it. As far as surgery goes I'm not sure why he can't get it. He's almost always depressed or what ever because he has a lot of other health problems as well.

I had problems with the c-pap machine as well. Not that bad I am glad to say, but enough to prevent me using it.

I have sleep apnea, at least that is what my wife says. She also says if I loose some fat it will go away.

If you have any question get a sleep test. It's the only way to be sure. Early treatment beats late treatment. I can kill you.

Because you snore?

This is is correct. Snoring is a sign of sleep apnea, it is also a sign of other things. Simply laying the wrong way can cause an obstruction and you snore.

If you have any question, get the test.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Damn. I'm already tired and still have 6 assignments and 200 pages to read. SUCK, SUCK, SUCK, S U C K!!

Genesplicer
05-02-2009, 01:37 AM
What are you studying?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Just finished 6 assignments and have 220 pages left to read. Studying Finance.

Genesplicer
05-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Probably more profitable than History.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Who knows, nowadays. I'm considering picking up some computer certs to spice up my resume. We will see.

MortonStromgal
05-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Who knows, nowadays. I'm considering picking up some computer certs to spice up my resume. We will see.

I suggest the SQL one then. And one for Access and Crystal Reports if they exist.

Panthro82
05-02-2009, 12:58 PM
yep SQL is definitely the way to go

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I appreciate your advice guys. I think i'll start a thread on this. he he

kirksmithicus
05-02-2009, 11:56 PM
What's a thread?

Kaewin
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Wow I had to hunt halfway down the second page for this, lots of chat going on

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Mmm. Just had myself a huge burrito from Chipotle. Mmm

Probably one of the best non authentic burritos around. Good stuff.

Kaewin
05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I'd love a burrito about now. It's my birthday on the 17th and my wife is taking me out o0n tyhe 18th for lunch, alone, no kids. Not sure where I want to go. Chili's is an option. We have a Red Lobster, Olive Garden and TGI Fridays in town. I am half tempted to get wings at Buffalo Wild Wings or BBQ at Red Hot and Blue.
There are of course a few good chinese restaurants in town.

I am having a hard time deciding.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Kaewin!

Kaewin
05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Thank you, its almost to the forty line but not yet. I have a friend who is just hitting 30 this year and will be sure to point it out. He will probably be making a new character after that but hey, its all in good fun:laugh:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Thank you, its almost to the forty line but not yet. I have a friend who is just hitting 30 this year and will be sure to point it out. He will probably be making a new character after that but hey, its all in good fun:laugh:
Here's a rule many of my musician friends follow: Have a few friends guess your age and take credit for the lowest. So, if for example, you are 39, but the lowest guess is 32, then claim 32. Besides, let your wife enjoy the feeling of others thinking she is a cradle robber... that's if her real age is around your real age. :rolleyes:

Kaewin
05-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Unfortunatley they all know, but when I get my haircut and off comes the bveard I look like I might still be in my twenties.

My brat is correcting my spelling over my shoulder. Apparently there is no v in beard

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Well, there you go: Happy 28th!

Kaewin
05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Maybe my wife will think I'm a hotty now:biggrin:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Maybe my wife will think I'm a hotty now:biggrin:
Do this, she'll love it. My girlfriends use to love this... and it never gets old. Next time you're sharing the bathroom, look into the mirror at yourself and act shocked. When she asks why, you say: Damn, it happened again... I got better looking.

After a while of doing this, then just act out the part, hold back on the words. It's good for a lifetime of laughs. LOL Trust me. :laugh:

nijineko
05-03-2009, 09:04 PM
i couldn't pull it off. it is so far diverged from my normal demeanor that my wife would just feel my forehead.

Goreaddict
05-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Unfortunatley they all know, but when I get my haircut and off comes the bveard I look like I might still be in my twenties.

My brat is correcting my spelling over my shoulder. Apparently there is no v in beardPfshhh shows how much youv kid knows.....

Genesplicer
05-04-2009, 02:26 AM
You know your still young when you look forward to your birthday.

You know you've gotten old when you wish you could forget it was your birthday.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-04-2009, 02:56 AM
I will always be in my 20's, inside. But i haven't cared about my b-day since i was 17. I dunno why.

tesral
05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Here's a rule many of my musician friends follow: Have a few friends guess your age and take credit for the lowest. So, if for example, you are 39, but the lowest guess is 32, then claim 32.

I claim every single year. I earned them dammit.

You know your still young when you look forward to your birthday.

You know you've gotten old when you wish you could forget it was your birthday.

Heck no. Having another birthday means I'm still alive. Every day on the sunny side of the grass is a good one.

OK, you guys have had enough slack. I'm back and posting.

Goreaddict
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I never know what's going on here.

Farcaster
05-04-2009, 10:56 AM
yep SQL is definitely the way to go

Being a database developer myself, I am happy to hear you say that, but I am wondering why you guys think that SQL in particular is a good skill to have.

Genesplicer
05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Heck no. Having another birthday means I'm still alive. Every day on the sunny side of the grass is a good one.Then I gues that means you're still young (at heart at least).
OK, you guys have had enough slack. I'm back and posting.:shocked::fear::scared: :bolt:

GoddessGood
05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Being a database developer myself, I am happy to hear you say that, but I am wondering why you guys think that SQL in particular is a good skill to have.
I got to play with it a few years back. I loved it, as I'm addicted to databasing. I make spreadsheets for fun. Now where was that confession thread ... :)

Kaewin
05-04-2009, 11:20 AM
SQL? Swing quivers low?

Farcaster
05-04-2009, 11:27 AM
SQL? Swing quivers low?
Structured Query Language. It is the language you use to query and manipulate databases.

Kaewin
05-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I would ask for a deeper explanation but I don't think it would help. Still trying to figure out where I put the sticks:)

tesral
05-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I never know what's going on here.

Faking it since 1958 dude.

Then I gues that means you're still young (at heart at least).

Hey, I have the heart of an 18 year old, right here in this box. Some days are better than others. Today I'm exercising a good deal of denial.

I would ask for a deeper explanation but I don't think it would help. Still trying to figure out where I put the sticks:)

Next to the elk antlers and in front of the mud covered rocks.

Kaewin
05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Where is the interface on the keyboard for them?

Panthro82
05-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Well my dad worked in a job where he used SQL often to database orders and to determine resource allocation, and he told me to look into understanding and learning it well because he had friends in high places in the company(Division of FORD) who told him SQL is pretty much the wave of the future. Meaning most every major company will switch over to it as standard use in the not so distant future.

yukonhorror
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey Kirk,

Looked into the tarxien temple thing link you have on here, and it looks likely we'll go visit that. It is hard to find cool stuff to see that doesn't cost a lot.

Genesplicer
05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
This conversation is getting way to technical for me. I seem to have lost my geek's license long ago, much to my chagrin.

Goreaddict
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Forced my friend to host a private WoW server he had to use something with SQL, was fun being a gm.

tesral
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Where is the interface on the keyboard for them?

Left of the "any" key.

kirksmithicus
05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
I could have sworn that just yesterday I was 24th level and has nearly 14,000 xp, and was way ahead of Goddessgood. Today it seems I'm back down to level 20 with only 9,000ish xp. Surely there is some explanation for this?

GoddessGood
05-05-2009, 06:56 AM
XP formula got recalculated. I lost some levels, too. Heck, even Farcaster did. The OP doesn't get points for people posting in their thread anymore, just points for the posts they make and for starting the thread in the first place. There was talk about a rating system to mark threads as relevant and interesting, but nothing has been decided yet (I don't think).

yukonhorror
05-05-2009, 09:29 AM
@kirk
I was wondering when you'd notice.

Actually, some wraiths invaded the P&PG server and went to town on its users.

MortonS losts like 4 levels because of the adjustment. He is back to level 20 again.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-05-2009, 10:44 AM
@kirk
I was wondering when you'd notice.

Actually, some wraiths invaded the P&PG server and went to town on its users.

MortonS losts like 4 levels because of the adjustment. He is back to level 20 again.
And all along i thought it was Gremlins. :laugh:

MortonStromgal
05-05-2009, 01:06 PM
@kirk

Thats because of my mad grinding skillz

...and now for something completely different.

Genesplicer
05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
XP formula got recalculated. The OP doesn't get points for people posting in their thread anymore, just points for the posts they make and for starting the thread in the first place.
So MortonStromgal dosen't get any points for posting in his own level up thread? I guess this realy makes this thread a public service.:ohwell: Thanks Mort! :smile:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Ha! Girlfriend from my past just got a hold of me after 16 years.

Yea, I'm that good. The God that got away.

Damn, she was beautiful back then. I wonder how Father Time and Mother Nature have been to her. Thoth ponders.

Farcaster
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
So MortonStromgal dosen't get any points for posting in his own level up thread? I guess this realy makes this thread a public service.:ohwell: Thanks Mort! :smile:

No, you get points as normal for posting in your own thread, however you do not get points for other people posting in your thread.

Genesplicer
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Ah! Ok. So its no longer adventagous to go around starting as many threads as you can just for the sake of it. Makes sense.

MortonStromgal
05-05-2009, 06:53 PM
No, you get points as normal for posting in your own thread, however you do not get points for other people posting in your thread.

Dang and I thought I was still reaping the benefits of the level up thread!

Kaewin
05-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Well I'll try to reap some benefits. You just have to make more threads and post reply to everything.

Goreaddict
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
sigh lost again you'd think i'd just read, but man I'm lazy....

MortonStromgal
05-05-2009, 09:30 PM
sigh lost again you'd think i'd just read, but man I'm lazy....

Just come back in 20 pages and it will all make sense again. :couch2:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Dang and I thought I was still reaping the benefits of the level up thread!
I wonder if the level up thread was the most popular ever on P&PG.

Goreaddict
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Meh I'll just attempt to change the subject so that it becomes relevant enough to my interests that I might read into it should it leave me behind.

Anyone seen the new x-man (lol man....I meant men) movie?

Dead Pool=awesome
cgi=not so great
dialogue=usually not so great
Gambit=terrible
New Orleans=scenery laugh worthy
looking past that I liked it.

(why didn't they give the adamantite gun to the gun expert.....)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
I heard it was good. Hoping to see it next week.

Goreaddict
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I heard it was good. Hoping to see it next week.Its good just some holes and bad ideas/acting in some parts (example the scene where wolverine blows up a helicopter...)

kirksmithicus
05-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Have not seen it. Was going to go to the Star Trek movie instead.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm going to both, for i have high hopes for both. Being a selfish bastard, I'll avoid seeing them for a week or two and then go on a weekday morning. Nothing like having the theater to oneself.

agoraderek
05-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Well, hit 20th just a second ago (favorite monster thread). I wonder where I'd be if Paizo hadn't had that Beta test that took all of my time for six months...

Hmmm...

Ok, I lost two levels! What gives?

;)

tesral
05-06-2009, 08:29 AM

;)

Don't shake hands with Thoth.

yukonhorror
05-06-2009, 09:21 AM

;)

FC readjusted xp.

Kaewin
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I knew Thoth was undead, that explains everything.

Going during the day also saves cash.

GoddessGood
05-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Also planning on seeing both. Dallas gamers are getting together at the Regal Keystone on the 16th to see Star Trek :) Can't wait!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Don't shake hands with Thoth.
Not unless you desire immortality.

MortonStromgal
05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I wonder if the level up thread was the most popular ever on P&PG.

I think that may be true currently but that word association will beat this thread in a matter of weeks.:rolleyes:

yukonhorror
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
another popular thread was the one with the motivational posters. Not a lot of posts,but TONS of views.

Genesplicer
05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
another popular thread was the one with the motivational posters. Not a lot of posts,but TONS of views.

When was that one posted?

yukonhorror
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4418

it is an old thread, but it is really fun. Found it when I was trying to see, what is the most popular thread.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-06-2009, 01:31 PM
That's a great thread. I'm going to go back and enjoy the pics.

tesral
05-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Not unless you desire immortality.

That what you call undeath these days. I prefer my immortality with all my soft bits still working.

Genesplicer
05-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Wow... Word asociation just blew through 1000 while I wasn't even looking!

MortonStromgal
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah I'll be very surprised Word Association isnt the longest thread come June.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
05-06-2009, 07:55 PM
At the way it's going, it will be. Congrats to whoever initiated it.