PDA

View Full Version : The level up thread!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

GoddessGood
03-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Ever been to Qdoba or Chipotle? Those are sit down fast food, and ironically came from Denver.
Dude ... you know Chipotle is mexican food done by McDonald's, right? Seriously, same company. And those burritos ... one of 'em is enough calories and fat for an entire day. Ugh.

Don't mind me, I'm just not partial to food that necessitates a longer trip to the bathroom than it took at actually eat the food.

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Dude ... you know Chipotle is mexican food done by McDonald's, right? Seriously, same company. And those burritos ... one of 'em is enough calories and fat for an entire day. Ugh.

Don't mind me, I'm just not partial to food that necessitates a longer trip to the bathroom than it took at actually eat the food.

Now they are owned by McDonald's but they are originally an independent company in Denver. I remember when they bought Chipotle, all prices went up exactly one dollar. Qdoba is owned by Jack in the Box (they purchased Qdoba a little before Chipotle got picked up by McD's), but I still go (even though I would NEVER eat at Jack in the Box).

Also, never eat whole burrito. Eat half for lunch, and reheat other half in toaster oven for dinner. Also, rarely eat breakfast, so it works out for me.

But I don't care about calories or fat, just price and taste.

kirksmithicus
03-26-2009, 12:31 PM
To me, the only Gatorade flavors that were ever any good were the original two.

I like blue

@goddess

But yes light-hearted. 99 cent lrg stawberry limeade's at sonic Rocks.

Also, for anyone who ever visits the denver area, you have to try out tokyo joes, chedd's, and noodles & company. They are all sit-down fast food restaurants that are awesome but are well priced.

1. Sonic Rocks
2. Been to noodles but not the others. It was good.
3. Was thinking of starting a restaurant thread. I used to travel all over the plains states so I've eaten in a lot of places. Plus I'd just like to see what other places people recommend, so if I'm ever on the road I'll know where to go.

You should try the Ethiopian place (I know, it sounds like the beginning of a joke) it's really good, especially if you like spicy food.

Got another funny doctor story. I went to the doctor for a sinus infection because, at this point, I hadn't admitted defeat (I have had a sinus infection constantly for years). I complained that the decongestant he gave me dehydrated me and that drinking water wasn't helping. He told me to drink less soda and to switch from water to Gatorade because, and this is a direct quote, "Gatorade has more liquid in it than water." Now, I know what he meant was that it'll hydrate you better than straight water will, but come on.

Brilliant Doctor, hope you got a new one.

I miss the pink-colored watermelon flavor. T'was my favorite.

/me nods. I'll keep an eye out

I also recommend BeauJo's Mountain Pies. Best alternative to Chicago style pizza I've ever had. I can't stand for having to eat pizza with a knife and fork or risk 2nd degree burns from molten sauce and toppings on my face.

Or "legitimate" either, apparently. ;)
I think (I could be wrong) there is one of these in Denver, over on 470 and ????

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I think (I could be wrong) there is one of these in Denver, over on 470 and ????

I don't know Denver well. My wife always drove us around, so I am clueless as to "where" things are. So you may be right. I just know of the one in Idaho Springs.

Soft Serve
03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
damnit Yukon. After all the hard work I put into making this the most pointless thread ever you've given it an agenda.

Good job. :lol:

I'm going to start pulling the hard shots. Just give me a day or two I will restore the natural chaos of this thread. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAR.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Chipotle rules! I love that place. Mmm.

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
You want chaos. FINE

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 20, what is it?

Also, started a restaurant thread as per kirk's suggestion.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Answer: 6! The number of consistent players that makes a perfect gaming campaign.

Already added to your restaurant thread. Good stuff! :rolleyes:

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
nope guess again

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Answer: 6! The number of consistent players that makes a perfect gaming campaign.

Already added to your restaurant thread. Good stuff! :rolleyes:
Answer: 4! The number of consistent players that makes a perfect gaming campaign for a GM with less than a 110 IQ?.

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
sorry
--- Merged from Double Post ---
woo hoo, level 12, I only joined in late jan or early feb and already level 12. Man how compulsive am I?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-26-2009, 05:11 PM
8! The amount of players i prefer to run in my campaigns, be it WFRP, Traveller, or dnd!

yukonhorror
03-26-2009, 05:17 PM
guess again

GoddessGood
03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
13. Because.

Also, getting from 1 to about 10 or so is relatively easy. After about 13 or 14 leveling slows way down.

Soft Serve
03-26-2009, 09:52 PM
ok isnce Thoth got three guesses before me.

those are my guesses. 7 being lucky, 9 being the amount of wine coolers I can drink before I get sick, and 18 being my age on May 4th.

also if none of those work then 5, 4. Are my next two guesses. (May, 4th)

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 12:38 AM
You want chaos. FINE

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 20, what is it?

Also, started a restaurant thread as per kirk's suggestion.

HEY! why you.......that'll be the last time I give out free thread suggestions. :biggrin:

Soft Serve
03-27-2009, 12:40 AM
YAY! I'm in someones signature!

w00t!

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 07:06 AM
I seriously can't believe no one has guessed the number yet.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
20! For 20-sided dice.

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
you could probably roll a d20 and get the answer quicker

no

Grimwell
03-27-2009, 10:21 AM

▲ ▲

Real community supporters can do the triforce.

Maybe not. :(

The site won't recognize my spacing. Let's try a different space!

Bah!

I must not be a real community supporter. :(

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
1! It's got to be a 1.

If it's not, then the only choices left available to me are 2,3,5,10,11,12,14,15,16,17, & 19.

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 10:54 AM
It's not 1, but it is one of the other numbers listed.

Listing all of the number is cheating, so try again.

It should be 1 cause you are critically missing. But it's not.

Grimwell
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM

btw, you have been thinking about this number for quite some time. Everything OK? :confused:

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
thoth has it right and it does represent something.

so it isn't hard to remember

17 is a good one (easy to attain stat number for D&D, but still high), but you are wrong.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 12:12 PM
12! It's got to be 12 for it is a rarely used dice.

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
no, it isn't twelve

Even amongst the platonic shapes, the other shapes were the typical elements (fire, water, earth, air), but the dodecahedron (d12) represented the cosmos.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Then it's 5! Fire, water, earth, air, and aether.

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
It's 15

yukonhorror
03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
finally, thoth gets it right.

5 as in the first level in the "butter zone" of DnD 3.5. When you get all that cool stuff, and it takes more than one hit to kill you.

Also, the highest level my 1st ed games ever got to (DM always made game so hard at that point we'd get frustrated and lose interest). No matter how long we played or how many games we played, 6th level could never be attained.
@soft
chaos is restored

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 02:34 PM
finally, thoth gets it right.

5 as in the first level in the "butter zone" of DnD 3.5. When you get all that cool stuff, and it takes more than one hit to kill you.

Also, the highest level my 1st ed games ever got to (DM always made game so hard at that point we'd get frustrated and lose interest). No matter how long we played or how many games we played, 6th level could never be attained.
@soft
chaos is restored
As Bilbo said to Golem when he 'guessed' Golem's riddle: Oh, well, i knew it all along... that's an old one.

Soft Serve
03-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I like how on Thomas (Timmy? Whatever his name was) Baggins mailbox it said "T-Baggins" :rofl:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-27-2009, 11:10 PM
I like how on Thomas (Timmy? Whatever his name was) Baggins mailbox it said "T-Baggins" :rofl:
What? Oh, now i have to go back and watch that one. I gotta see what you are talking about.

kirksmithicus
03-27-2009, 11:40 PM
My wife came home last week and told me she had to go to the T-bag conference for work. Man, I hate cleaning soda out of the carpet. :D

Soft Serve
03-28-2009, 02:54 AM
....You have a T-Bag conference?

kirksmithicus
03-28-2009, 11:13 PM
That's what it's called, it's short for something. My wife already went to sleep but I'll ask her exactly what it stands for tomorrow. Apparently who ever organized the conf. is not familiar with the slang term T-bag.

Sneaksta
03-29-2009, 09:34 AM
there is a BeauJo's on 80th and wadsworth in Arvada ( denver nw) The one by 470 in golden Is Manny and Bo's Pizza , On Old Golden Road. I greatly prefer Manny and Bo's. Also there is a little hole in the wall, with one of the best white pizza's I have ever had, Called Pietra's Pizzaria, Over off of broadwell and 44th I believe. Stop in for a pie, And a Carraffe of vino~

rikrok
03-29-2009, 09:46 AM
indeed

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-29-2009, 10:08 AM
You know what i love: the little Totino's pizzas one can buy at the frozen food section of any grocery store. They're only .99 cents, add a sprinkle of spice, and mmm-good.

Btw, want to know your new favorite soda? Here's my secret recipe, guaranteed to be unbelievably good: Purchase AnW Cream soda and AnW Root Beer, bring it home and mix it together. 50/50 Cream Soda/Root Beer. Just try it and be prepared to be amazed.

Grimwell
03-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Today I cleaned the sludge from the moat. To say it was 'earthy' is an understatement. It's clean though. Now to work on the weekly maintenance part!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Today I cleaned the sludge from the moat. To say it was 'earthy' is an understatement. It's clean though. Now to work on the weekly maintenance part!
Why would you clean the sludge from the moat, it's the only thing than can slow down beastmen and chaos warriors before they get to your wall. You like living on the edge, i'll give you that, grimwell. :rolleyes:

tesral
03-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Why would you clean the sludge from the moat, it's the only thing than can slow down beastmen and chaos warriors before they get to your wall. You like living on the edge, i'll give you that, grimwell. :rolleyes:

The soggoths like thiner water.

kirksmithicus
03-30-2009, 12:25 AM
there is a BeauJo's on 80th and wadsworth in Arvada ( denver nw) The one by 470 in golden Is Manny and Bo's Pizza , On Old Golden Road. I greatly prefer Manny and Bo's. Also there is a little hole in the wall, with one of the best white pizza's I have ever had, Called Pietra's Pizzaria, Over off of broadwell and 44th I believe. Stop in for a pie, And a Carraffe of vino~

I was thinking of the one in Littleton. It's on Rapp St. just off of Highway 85/Santa Fe, about a mile or so north of 470.

Also I like Jumbo Thai over on Kipling between Broadway and 17th. It's about 2 blocks from my old place

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-30-2009, 01:06 AM
My favorite magick item of all time: +3 Ring of Vampiric Regeneration. Ah, i miss the good old days.

Other favorite magick items of all times: Ring of Sustenance, Black Razor, Vorpal Blade, Silver Sword(great one to screw with a party for the githyanki will never stop at their attempts to retreive their sword), ...well, you get the idea.

GoddessGood
03-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Btw, want to know your new favorite soda? Here's my secret recipe, guaranteed to be unbelievably good: Purchase AnW Cream soda and AnW Root Beer, bring it home and mix it together. 50/50 Cream Soda/Root Beer. Just try it and be prepared to be amazed.
*shakes fist* Damn you, Thoth. Combine two of my favorite sodas to tempt me with. I haven't had a soda in over a month :(

Note to self: Add moat to plans for dream home.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Funny story about my favorite soda combination, GoddessGood. A few years ago while waiting in line at the local grocery store, i shared the recipe with another in line for his kids were complaining about which soda to get(he had many different flavors in his cart and was visibly perturbed with his younglings): I told him, mix these two flavors and you will never have another argument on which sodas to purchase ever again. Well, he did so. Saw him and his kids a month later with a cart half full with these two flavors. When he saw me, he told me that everyonme in the family only wants my mix. True story.

Trust me folks, it really is that good. Serve cold!

I also have killer recipes for beer biscuits(you mix in your favorite beer), meat loaf, and a casserole involving a whole block of cream cheese.

Grimwell
03-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Note to self: Add moat to plans for dream home.

Not as exciting as one might think! Mine is an open-air storm drain for the six days it rains out here. It runs through an easement on the edge of my property and is technically the domain of the city to keep functional. Technically.

One of my neighbors is constantly leaking a trickle of water, related to their pool is my guess. This runoff ends up in the moat, and I've never wanted to clean the moat but yesterday made it mandatory. I've only been here for about 8 months, and have yet to figure out how I'm going to properly landscape the sides of the moat -- so the existing stuff had grown out of control during the rainy season... and it's not pretty.

Yesterday I cut it all down, and raked it into piles in the moat. While most of it is very clean, the far end of the moat has a lot of build-up and debris from longer than I've lived here gathering. Which made the water well up and allowed some things to grow. Had is more appropriate now though, while I was cleaning up my yard trimmings, I cleaned all the gunk out of the moat.

Nothing that was growing could put down good roots, because it was growing on top of cement (a steady trickle of water does wonders for growth), so it all came up easy -- but wet and mucky. With that rich scent that only wet plant life and rot can give off. Yummmmmm. Not.

Today the moat is cleaner, and the trickle runs free through the easement and out of my neighborhood. The problem areas are now beyond my domain. Provided I keep up with weekly moat cleaning.

Sadly, no monsters were ever kept in the moat as a deterrent, and it wasn't capable of stopping monsters either. My daughters are not Fae, but they pretend they can fly and jump across it from time to time. Considering their ages and leaping skills, the moat wouldn't stop an army of Gnomes from doing more than getting the bottom of their shoes wet.

:D

tesral
03-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Sadly, no monsters were ever kept in the moat as a deterrent, and it wasn't capable of stopping monsters either. My daughters are not Fae, but they pretend they can fly and jump across it from time to time. Considering their ages and leaping skills, the moat wouldn't stop an army of Gnomes from doing more than getting the bottom of their shoes wet.

:D

You need a new moat.

We have Lake Mead down the street a bit. We are talking deep urban here. 110x35 lots on a paved street and covered drains. Well two years ago there was a problem with one of the storm drains. The city's "fix" was to plug it with cold patch. No more drain. So every time we get a decent rain that area backs up into a lake clean across the street.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-30-2009, 01:35 PM
You need a new moat.

We have Lake Mead down the street a bit. We are talking deep urban here. 110x35 lots on a paved street and covered drains. Well two years ago there was a problem with one of the storm drains. The city's "fix" was to plug it with cold patch. No more drain. So every time we get a decent rain that area backs up into a lake clean across the street.
Here's a good one that also questions the wisdom of city workers: Buddy of mine had a huge crack in the middle of the street in front of his house. He lived at the end of the court, therefore he had a problem. Called the city to come by and fix it(purposefully holding back some information for entertainment purposes), and they did, once or twice a week for a month of more. Finally, he had had enough, and caught they city worker doing a driveby. Asked said employee: well, when are you going to do something about this? In which the city employee responded: i had to come by a few times in order to confirm that it really is a water main that was leaking.

Important note: It was summer in California. Every year we have droughts because it doesnt rain for 6 mos out of every year, a n d, it was running an average of 115 degrees daily. Did i mention that you could visibly see water coming up from the street?

My friend said his jaw dropped upon hearing that answer. In the end, it took 3 months to fix, not including street damage.

Thought it was a funny anecdote, hope you all agree.

cigamnogard
03-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I am still waiting for what T-bag stood for....

kirksmithicus
03-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Sorry, I forgot. It stands for "To Bridge a Gap" or T.B.a.G.

tesral
03-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Thought it was a funny anecdote, hope you all agree.

Provided it isn't your street. :evil:

Grimwell
03-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Thoth-Amon's story reminds me of "Twin Lakes" back home.

My family home sits on top of a hill that overlooks the surrounding area. To the Southeast of the house there is a pair of lakes down at the bottom. For well over a decade, the two lakes were rising slowly but surely. To the point that they threatened one of the homes on them (rural area, not ringed with houses).

In fact, the guy who owned the threatened home had to build a sea wall, pump water out of the basement back into the lake, and more to keep his house. He even had a stress related heart attack. So this was some serious stuff for him to deal with.

...and the lakes kept a rising.

So, well over a decade into this, someone from the city is checking on the water system. There is a hook-up to the water main under the water that is used to let off pressure during things like storms. Turns out that the water main has been open and pumping... for years... and filling the lakes.

The open main was closed and the lakes started to recede accordingly! Because there is so much water in MI, nobody ever noticed a change in the city water pressure, and had no reason to go looking for the hook up to close it.

Yikes!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Wow. In this case, it's obvious that someone dropped the ball. How else can one explain why no one caught the problem with the pumps. If i had so much damage, paid so much money to save my house, and had a heart-attack in the process, believe me, i'd be suing for millions.

I'm not about lawsuits, but in this case, it is warranted.

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I sure hope we get a lot of xp for participating tomorrow!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 10:59 AM
I sure hope we get a lot of xp for participating tomorrow!
Getting a title next to my name was extremely cool, but the possibility of getting a level bump just adds to the awesomeness. Great idea, yukonhorror. You got two heads on your shoulders, or something?

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 11:09 AM
looking at your xp bar, you are almost there thoth. You should post like mad, so you are level 21 before tomorrow night.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 11:16 AM
looking at your xp bar, you are almost there thoth. You should post like mad, so you are level 21 before tomorrow night.
You would think so. Some days the threads are with me, other days, not so much. Let us hope the threads are with me the next two days.

Actually, i've been meaning to start of couple of threads that i have written in my notes and just havent had the time to add to the site. I've also have a few blogs that have been sitting in my notes for weeks i need to get to, and i even have pictures to add. I've just been extremely busy with school and all.

Thanks for the encouragement, yukonhorror.

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
you only need 71 more pts. That's not a lot.

GoddessGood
03-31-2009, 02:03 PM
you only need 71 more pts. That's not a lot.
Indeed! Break away from the pack ;) You'll be the only lvl 21 on the site.

tesral
03-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Getting a title next to my name was extremely cool, but the possibility of getting a level bump just adds to the awesomeness. Great idea, yukonhorror. You got two heads on your shoulders, or something?

What would he need with three heads?

You would think so. Some days the threads are with me, other days, not so much. Let us hope the threads are with me the next two days. .

Tis the way of things. For a change it isn't me every other post today. So times you have a lot to add, sometimes you don't. The trick is to know which is which.

Indeed! Break away from the pack ;) You'll be the only lvl 21 on the site.

Underachiever. ;)

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
tesral,

In case you missed it, for participating in breaking the record tomorrow, farcaster is going to level up every participant.

So if you are there tomorrow, you go up to 28.

But I don't know HOW he is going to level up people, so if thoth levels up to 21 before 9 pm EST, he'll be level 22 by being there tomorrow.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Some days, i post 20+ times, other days, i'm lucky to post even 1. Such is the way of things. With either extreme, i still enjoy reading everyones post, especially the campaign blogs.

tesral
03-31-2009, 03:07 PM
tesral,

In case you missed it, for participating in breaking the record tomorrow, farcaster is going to level up every participant.

But I don't know HOW he is going to level up people, so if thoth levels up to 21 before 9 pm EST, he'll be level 22 by being there tomorrow.

Oh, "yay". Nice but not why I'm here. Being there is not a stretch for me. Not being here would actually take more work.

Some days, i post 20+ times, other days, i'm lucky to post even 1. Such is the way of things. With either extreme, i still enjoy reading everyones post, especially the campaign blogs.

That's the way it goes.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 03:11 PM
tesral,

Cool. I wasnt aware it was confirmed. Very cool news. <rubbing hands with anticipation>

Also, i am liking all the other suggestions put down on this site as well. Hopefully, we will implement most, if not all, of the suggestions given. It encourages active participation with everyone on this site.

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually, it probably isn't set in stone, but that's what I got from the conversation.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Actually, it probably isn't set in stone, but that's what I got from the conversation.
I believe you're correct, yukonhorror. Very cool. I also like the suggestions for holding other events throughout the year-really encourages participation and fun.

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 03:40 PM
looks like you got 21st level

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 03:43 PM
looks like you got 21st level
What do you think my chances are for getting 100's of more threads in before tomorrow? ...me too. :eek::confused:;)

Truth be told, i love days like today, for i really enjoy participating with everyone. The days where i am lucky to get just one thread in sorta depresses me. It's like i dont get my gamer fix and have begun exhibiting withdrawals. :( Meesa dont like withdrawals-sa, as Ja Ja Binks would say.

tesral
03-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Cool. I wasnt aware it was confirmed. Very cool news. <rubbing hands with anticipation>

Also, i am liking all the other suggestions put down on this site as well. Hopefully, we will implement most, if not all, of the suggestions given. It encourages active participation with everyone on this site.

We need more? Well, it wouldn't be bad. This is the most active forum I know.

:( Meesa dont like withdrawals-sa, as Ja Ja Binks would say.

You now must be hurt, you do realize that? Wait there and I'll get the wet noddle.

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 04:13 PM
yes I got your friend request thoth.

On this other forum (a forum for an open source molecular modeling program), I had more posts than everyone (including admins) very quickly. So, I concur, this is a very active forum.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 04:14 PM
tesral

LOL!

Yeah, i realized when typing it that most dont care for poor old Ja Ja. :rolleyes:

GoddessGood
03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
We need more? Well, it wouldn't be bad. This is the most active forum I know.
It got pretty slow after the holidays, but it's picked up considerably. This is also one of the most active forums I've ever seen, but I consider that a good thing. The trouble comes when it gets more than 90/10 (90% of the content created by 10% of the members), as that's when newbies start to feel too intimidated by the forum giants to contribute. At least, that's how it seems to me.

kirksmithicus
03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm trying to go up a level, because as Yukon pointed out I only have a few points to go for another level. :D I hope that I can make it tomorrow, but I'm waiting to hear back from my son's Dr. about whether or not we need to go to the hospital. Some of his lab values were pretty high today, so I may be gone for a while. I hope we don't end up in the hospital because the weather is finally getting nice and the boy is loving playing outside.

Another T-shirt idea. "I have a +4 Ball and Chain and +5 Battle Axe". The nicknames of my wife and mother-in-law. :laugh:

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
but you have to want to add to the forums.

I just joined in mid-feb, and look how much I have contributed. And I don't normally go to forums, but this community is supportive, and the content is great.

There was a forum I tried to get into, but everything I ever posted got ignored or insulted.

Like my suggestion to listen to a song called "dungeon master (http://www.myspace.com/wewrotethebookonconnector)" be We wrote the book on connectors (a seattle-based band).

They weren't nice over there. If they were, they would listen to this song and realize it was AWESOME!

Did similar thing over here. Not a lot of responses, but wasn't completely ignored, and they weren't mean about it.

Another T-shirt idea. "I have a +4 Ball and Chain and +5 Battle Axe". The nicknames of my wife and mother-in-law. :laugh:

:rofl:

kirksmithicus
03-31-2009, 05:15 PM
but you have to want to add to the forums.

I just joined in mid-feb, and look how much I have contributed. And I don't normally go to forums, but this community is supportive, and the content is great.

There was a forum I tried to get into, but everything I ever posted got ignored or insulted.

True
True
I can not verify that statement
True
Happens all the time.

yukonhorror
03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
also, hope everything goes well with the doctor.

kirksmithicus
03-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Me too. I think we probably won't have to go, but you never know. His nephrologist (sp?) is in a whole 'nother city, so it always takes a little while to get in touch with him. Not to mention he's the only kidney specialist in the entire state, so he's always overworked and way to busy. And thanks.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 05:24 PM
May all your news be outstanding, kirksmithicus.

kirksmithicus
03-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Anyway the little booger just pooped (oh Joy!) so I'll catch you all later.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Anyway the little booger just pooped (oh Joy!) so I'll catch you all later.
Ahhh, isnt that sweet. Left daddy a present. :rolleyes:

kirksmithicus
03-31-2009, 06:40 PM

Send me your address and I'll drop it in the mail for ya. :thumb:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Send me your address and I'll drop it in the mail for ya. :thumb:
LOL Yeah, i had that coming.

Talmek
04-01-2009, 06:10 AM

This reminds me of a funny dialogue that my wife told me about...

Adult (to child): Whatcha doin' ?

Child (to adult): Eatin' chocolate...

Adult (to child): Where'd you get it?

Child (to adult): Puppy dropped it.

:puke:

GoddessGood
04-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Oh good lord, don't remind me. My cat (Micah, the older one) trapped himself in our bedroom because, while he can push open a door, he doesn't know how to pull a door open. He was in there all day ... and has had the runs lately ... and finds our bed comfortable ... :redface:

kirksmithicus
04-01-2009, 11:48 AM
This reminds me of a funny dialogue that my wife told me about...

Adult (to child): Whatcha doin' ?

Child (to adult): Eatin' chocolate...

Adult (to child): Where'd you get it?

Child (to adult): Puppy dropped it.

:puke:
LMAO, reminds me of my of two sisters. My older sister (13 or 14 years old) was babysitting us three younger siblings once upon a time. So she asks me "where did Mandy get a Baby Ruth?" I look at the candy bar and 1 year old in question, "yeah............ that's no Baby Ruth." :eek: One year old turns and gives us both a poop eating grin, literally.

Ahhh, the little poo eater gets all bent out of shape whenever we tell this story. :D

tesral
04-01-2009, 02:49 PM
My son never got into the poo, but a nice mix of tissue, Vaseline and a dirty ashtray. Didn't know whether to laugh or kill him. Well he is still alive so I guess we laughed.

The classic is the "liver picture". My late wife tried feeding him liver, once. By the picture I would say that if you scraped all the liver off him, the bib, the chair, the walls, etc., that the jar would contain exactly the same amount of liver it did on opening. It might even contain more as he rejected any liver that might come his way in the future.

I keep that picture handy for any girlfriends he brings home.

GoddessGood
04-01-2009, 02:55 PM
We've got a similar picture of my brother and his 1st birthday cake. My mom bought a chocolate cake (mistake number 1) with blue gel frosting on it (mistake number 2) and set the candle on fire (mistake number 3) while it was sitting on the table of my brother's high chair (mistake number 4). He freaked, screamed and slapped cake everywhere and then managed to wiggle out of the high chair he was safety belted into. That's about the worst picture of him we have. My mother still has (though I've attempted to steal them more than once) a pair of pictures taken on our trip to the zoo: one of me, one of a monkey. We both have the same expression on our face and they are kept side by side in the photo album.

Kaewin
04-01-2009, 03:03 PM
do we get a prize?

GoddessGood
04-01-2009, 03:33 PM
do we get a prize?
Only if you read the whole thread :P

tesral
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
We've got a similar picture of my brother and his 1st birthday cake. My mom bought a chocolate cake (mistake number 1) with blue gel frosting on it (mistake number 2) and set the candle on fire (mistake number 3) while it was sitting on the table of my brother's high chair (mistake number 4). He freaked, screamed and slapped cake everywhere and then managed to wiggle out of the high chair he was safety belted into. That's about the worst picture of him we have. My mother still has (though I've attempted to steal them more than once) a pair of pictures taken on our trip to the zoo: one of me, one of a monkey. We both have the same expression on our face and they are kept side by side in the photo album.

Snerk.

I don't think my Mom has any truly embarrassing pictures. At least hot that she has hauled out. Pointless at this point as I am pretty much passed embarrassing. My younger sister even commented on that last Christmas. Teasing me was worthless as I didn't react.

Soft Serve
04-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Damn Kirk-smith. We were neck and neck and then I move and miss two days, get a level-up from the April Fool's Day thing, a free community supporter and Cascade Failure FTW badge AND YOUR STILL BEATING ME BY A LEVEL!

............:mad:

kirksmithicus
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Damn Kirk-smith. We were neck and neck and then I move and miss two days, get a level-up from the April Fool's Day thing, a free community supporter and Cascade Failure FTW badge AND YOUR STILL BEATING ME BY A LEVEL!

What can I say man, once a post ho, always a post ho. ;) and I was only 80 points from the new level. I'm totally bummed I couldn't get on to the site for the April Fool's thing. I tried for nearly an hour.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-02-2009, 12:22 AM

What does Cascade Failure FTW stand for, Soft Serve?

Soft Serve
04-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Cascade Failure (For The Win) because I was here with the group when the site shut down from too many peoples. Everyone who participated was supposed to get a title, idk if anyone but me got this one though.

Thanks Farcaster! :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-02-2009, 03:36 AM
Cascade Failure (For The Win) because I was here with the group when the site shut down from too many peoples. Everyone who participated was supposed to get a title, idk if anyone but me got this one though.

Thanks Farcaster! :D
Yeah! I'm looking forward to my title. Cant wait to see what FC decides upon.

Kaewin
04-02-2009, 05:01 AM
I will try and get it all, I have read the things a player has done and things a dm has done at RPG.net and lived to tell the tale.:laugh:

cigamnogard
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Okay...

Goreaddict
04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
reading....

MortonStromgal
04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
we slashdotted ourselves lol.

Soft Serve
04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I'll slash dot you better.

/.

Chi
04-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Ya I am leveling up

kirksmithicus
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Replies 352, Views 3,056.

:mad:

yukonhorror
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
goddess got another level, hoooray! my turn?

I wonder when FC will give us our level boost. I was trying to logon from three different places to get my name on that list for about 30-40 min

Replies 352, Views 3,056.

even more evil. He won a free community supporter account and he gets that free level up from FC.

It's like a friggin pyramid scheme. We do all of the work and he is the one really collecting the xp.

kirksmithicus
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
No kidding, I just checked and I have 35 (now 36 posts) posts in this thread, but I just can't stop posting.

It's like a friggin pyramid scheme. We do all of the work and he is the one really collecting the xp.

The Bernie Madoff (sp?) of penandpapergames.com

Chi
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
YOu went through and counted how many times you posted in here.

kirksmithicus
04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh heck no :eek:, I'm too lazy for that. Just go to the General Chatter (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38) forum page then scroll over the icon to the left of the "The level up thread" it'll tell you how many times you've posted in the thread.

Chi
04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
OH ok I thought you just had a lot of time on your hands

cigamnogard
04-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh heck no :eek:, I'm too lazy for that. Just go to the General Chatter (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38) forum page then scroll over the icon to the left of the "The level up thread" it'll tell you how many times you've posted in the thread.
That's cool I had no idea you could do that!

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-03-2009, 04:33 PM
this is only my second or third. no one ever responds to my posts :(

Chi
04-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I am so close to level 21 and I just can't get there Guess I will have to do it tomorrow!

kirksmithicus
04-03-2009, 05:52 PM

I do, but I'm still lazy.

yeah that's pretty sad, on both counts. :violin:

cigamnogard
04-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Here ya go!

agoraderek
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
So, just post here until you level?

:)

GoddessGood
04-03-2009, 07:33 PM

Works for me :) I've leveled 3 times since this thread was created.

Envikin
04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Can you hear me level now? ... ... ... Can you hear me level now?

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Here ya go!

haha my plan worked i said noone replies to me then people do

so predictable

agoraderek
04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Must...keep...leveling...

tesral
04-03-2009, 11:14 PM

38 posts in one thread? Yea, he as a lot of time on his hands.

That's cool I had no idea you could do that!

Sad thing is this board has lots of cool features that nobody knows about. I stumble into them now and again. There isn't a comprehensive guide to the place. It's a game and and of itself.

Every time I reply I take a little of your soul.....

Soft Serve
04-03-2009, 11:40 PM

You know what helps? Something with controversy. Like what came first, the chicken I ate, or the baby chickens I punted across the road?

No, you quote me until I level. :D

wow then Morton must be soulless and empty by now...

.....maybe this thread was a soul suicide.
I' posts!!

kirksmithicus
04-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey that reminds me, I solved that chicken and egg thing. The egg came first, because chickens aren't the only animals to lay eggs. Egg laying dino's existed before chickens. :peace:

of course now someone's going to ask.....which came first the egg laying dinosaur or the egg? Go ahead and ask and see what happens.:laser::faint:

MortonStromgal
04-04-2009, 12:49 AM
wow then Morton must be soulless and empty by now...

I would have needed one to begin with :lol:

Kaewin
04-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Can I hit lvl 21 here in one day?:D

tesral
04-04-2009, 10:12 AM
[quote=Soft Serve;67576]You know what helps? Something with controversy. Like what came first, the chicken I ate, or the baby chickens I punted across the road?[/qoute]

You beast! Chickens should not be punted. They should be shot from air cannons.

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-04-2009, 12:44 PM

why. . . why me? what did i ever do?:hurt:

You know what helps? Something with controversy. Like what came first, the chicken I ate, or the baby chickens I punted across the road?

i've become a pretty decent chicken kicker.

Chi
04-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Why do we kick chickens and why am I not level 21!

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM

because Peter Molyneux said we could!

Chi
04-04-2009, 01:07 PM
that is sad and slightly mean

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-04-2009, 01:08 PM
that is sad and slightly mean

but its oh so much fun!

Chi
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Chicken hater!

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Chicken hater!

oh no i like the chickens. like to kick them anyways. and the chicks are nice and crunchy! yum;)

Chi
04-04-2009, 01:23 PM
hahaha

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Just started a few threads. See my Find all threads started by Thoth-Amon (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=2428&starteronly=1).

I still havent figured out why they arent showing up on the New Posts Page.

Here's the names of my newest threads, please participate. Thanks.

Thread #1: Gaming Vampires. How were they dealt with? (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9698)

Thread #2: Famous, or imfamous, funny one-liners uttered at your gaming sessions... (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9739)

Thread #3: Portents of Doom: Famous, or imfamous last words uttered in your campaigns... (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9741)

Thread #4: Another Suggestion i'd like implemented... (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9742)

Thread #5: The THREADJACK thread... (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9743)

And if you live in the Bay Area, see:

GM offers his services for SF and fantasy campaigns. Bay Area, CA. (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9700)

tesral
04-04-2009, 03:20 PM
why. . . why me? what did i ever do?:hurt:

And a little more.

Soft Serve
04-05-2009, 01:31 AM
because Peter Molyneux said we could!

Fable reference!

How aren't you lv 21? You and T-half Elven just had a back and forth that would have leveled practically anyone else on the site...

And a little more.

Why are you taking it a bit at a time? Just use multi-quote and steal all of hsi soul in one big heist.

T-Half Elven...your about to feel some pressure in your upper chest area. That just your soul escaping to the void. Don't think of it as leaving this mortal realm behind. Think of it more as...

TESRAL GET HIM NOW! I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY!

tesral
04-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Fable reference!
Why are you taking it a bit at a time? Just use multi-quote and steal all of hsi soul in one big heist.

Oh, it's much more fun to watch them squirm.

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-05-2009, 06:38 PM
and a little more.

nnnnoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fable reference!

How aren't you lv 21? You and t-half elven just had a back and forth that would have leveled practically anyone else on the site...

T-half elven...your about to feel some pressure in your upper chest area. That just your soul escaping to the void. Don't think of it as leaving this mortal realm behind. Think of it more as...

Tesral get him now! I can't think of anything to say!

about time some one got the fable reference

Thats exactly how i feel about not getting a level

and WHY would you give him ideas?!? WHY?

agoraderek
04-05-2009, 07:03 PM

You're in the same boat as I am. I took a long sabbatical from here (Paizo Beta playtest took up a lot of my RPG board posting time), and I was only getting points for threads I started (I went up three levels without even logging in for three months).

When you sit at the inn quaffing ale, it's tough to gain experience...

;)

And, yeah, chickens should be fired from air cannons, as they wreak havoc on the old wingtips...
I'm at 99% for level up. Will this be the one?

tesral
04-06-2009, 08:22 AM
When you sit at the inn quaffing ale, it's tough to gain experience...

You have been largely missing lately. Welcome back from the gray wastes.

GoddessGood
04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Chi's got a ways to go before she levels, looks like :). I got the fable reference, too.

And on a tangent, I finally caught up with back episodes of supernatural! Now I have to catch up on all the House and Heroes I missed to do it! Hooray for sloth!

Kaewin
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
House and Heroes? Thats sounds like something on TLC;)

I want to kick chickens am I to new here? This place is better than RPGnet, people respond here.

GoddessGood
04-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Why kick chickens when you can punt puppies or klobber kittens?

tesral
04-06-2009, 09:03 AM
nnnnoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yum, fresh soul slices.

Kaewin
04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
puppie pee and cats scratch. the only time I have heard of chickens attack is in Zelda where the cuckoos will rush you after abusing them.

GoddessGood
04-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Clearly you have never owned a chicken :)

Edit: Also, I have been bumrushed by a duck. It was out for blood.

tesral
04-06-2009, 09:21 AM

Chickens are vile cannibalistic creatures that deserve to be food. My Grandparents ran an egg farm when I was a child. I perfectly understand why chickens are kept in cages in the modern farms. It keeps them from killing each other.

Let a hen so much as stumble and every hen around her would take a peck. If that hen went down the whole flock would crowd around and go at it until only blood and feathers remained. No I am not kidding.

Kaewin
04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Damn, I am glad I don't have any around the house, it might eat a sleeping cat. I guess the Zelda people got it right then.

yukonhorror
04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
if animals weren't meant to be eaten, why are they made of meat?

tesral
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Sometimes the ads can be so funny.

http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/SS_Modeler/coop.jpg

yukonhorror
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
like those ones you get on gmail. I got an email about an upcoming seminar on carbon nanotubes (or something of that sort). One of the Gmail ads was asking me if I was interested in buying bulk nanocrystals. Seemed odd to me.
hooray!, got the 400th post on the most pointless but amazing thread.

GoddessGood
04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
if animals weren't meant to be eaten, why are they made of meat?
Careful, dear. So are you ...

Kaewin
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Thats why you have to becareful with lycanthropes

Chi
04-06-2009, 01:45 PM

O My gosh you say the funniest stuff I pass a post by you and start laughing!

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
puppie pee and cats scratch. the only time I have heard of chickens attack is in Zelda where the cuckoos will rush you after abusing them.

exactly! i talked crap to my aunts rooster once and he screeched at me and chased me all the way down the road. I seriously feared for my life!

yukonhorror
04-06-2009, 02:13 PM

I know, but I am smarter than the average bear (humans are questionable, but definitely the average bear).

I have dealt with chickens (and cows), and they practically beg you to eat them with the way they act.

kirksmithicus
04-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I know, but I am smarter than the average bear (humans are questionable, but definitely the average bear).

I have dealt with chickens (and cows), and they practically beg you to eat them with the way they act.

Ain't it the truth. Just my old pet cow Bubba, he made some fine Bubba-Q.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-06-2009, 03:16 PM
exactly! i talked crap to my aunts rooster once and he screeched at me and chased me all the way down the road. I seriously feared for my life!
Hilarious! The visual hit me as soon as i read this and i burst out laughing.

cigamnogard
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM

I watched a show on bears and how strong they are. This guy sits in a plexiglass cube and films them. It was really interesting.

tesral
04-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Bear 1 to Bear 2: "I suppose you forgot the can opener too."

I've never run from a chicken. I've had cows run from me.

kirksmithicus
04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Chickens no, vicious turkey, yes. When we finally had it out I "accidentally" killed him with a broom handle to the neck, and I've never lost one bit of sleep over it.

yukonhorror
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
level UP?!?

I have like 3 pts left.

I think I am in the red now.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
level UP?!?

I have like 3 pts left.

I think I am in the red now.
Congrats on making level 15, yukonhorror. Very cool.

cigamnogard
04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Chickens no, vicious turkey, yes. When we finally had it out I "accidentally" killed him with a broom handle to the neck, and I've never lost one bit of sleep over it.
How do you accidently kill something with a broom?

kirksmithicus
04-06-2009, 09:04 PM
It was no accident :D, but I told my mom that I just meant to get him to stop attacking me with his vicious pecks. The truth be told, he had hit me in the temple really hard and dazed me pretty good. This really pissed me off, so I went into the house and found the broom handle and went back outside and "accidentally" murdered the fowl little turkey.

GoddessGood
04-07-2009, 09:44 AM
O My gosh you say the funniest stuff I pass a post by you and start laughing!
*bows* Why thankya. We do aim to please.

This made me giggle and my cube mate looked at me funny. Yes, we have to share our cubes! Even rodents get their own plexi balls to run around in. At any rate, the duck that attacked me was clearly some kind of deformed mutant. Its beak was bent funny, and I'm beginning to think it was some manifestation of that evil duck one of our more esteemed posters has mentioned before ... I'm looking at you. You know who you are.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Plodding nicely towards 23, like it matters.

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Plodding nicely towards 19. Hey, everyone else is doing it.

tesral
04-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Plodding nicely towards 23, like it matters.

It doesn't. Life...will go on.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Plodding nicely towards 19. Hey, everyone else is doing it.
I wouldnt be surprised if we see hundreds more doing it. :D So let me give credit where credit is due for the line in question: Thanks tesral, your wisdom is appreciated. :cool:

Soft Serve
04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Ok I apparently have a bunch of stuff to reply to thanks to my days missed here.

You STOMP kittens. Silly

Also, I have been bumrushed by a duck. It was out for blood.

I know for a fact that it can be a terrifying experience. Don't worry GG. I feel your duck inflicted emotional pain.

Chickens are vile cannibalistic creatures that deserve to be food. My Grandparents ran an egg farm when I was a child. I perfectly understand why chickens are kept in cages in the modern farms. It keeps them from killing each other.

Let a hen so much as stumble and every hen around her would take a peck. If that hen went down the whole flock would crowd around and go at it until only blood and feathers remained. No I am not kidding.

Sounds like my house on christmas only instead of chickens we sacrifice lambs. I mean all that lambs blood and fuzzy stuff all over the place! What a hassel. Am I right?

Sometimes the ads can be so funny.

http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/SS_Modeler/coop.jpg

Amazing that you didn't get "Dr. Feelgoods soul stealing dream eater." It runs off of a cocktail of the tears of children, blood of babies, the hopes and dreams of 3rd world countries and 4 unicorn legs. (alll four legs don't have to come from the same unicorn, but I mean once you find one when will you ever find another?)

The average bear? The one that will maul you for fun? I'd say you've got them beat on smarts but if it was up to me I'd rather be stronger, or at least FASTER then the average bear.

I've never run from a chicken. I've had cows run from me.

Well Tesral's soul stealing abilities are also applicable to cows apparently.

Ever seen the goose problem in Indiana? Try walking around a parking lot at 5 something in the morning without battle armor on...

It doesn't. Life...will go on.

Not if you keep stealing peoples souls!

Bulk reply. This can't be good for my xp climb but it can't be so bad either.

tesral
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
You STOMP kittens. Silly

Run Windows.
(http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/Filk/BSOD_128.mp3)

Amazing that you didn't get "Dr. Feelgoods soul stealing dream eater." It runs off of a cocktail of the tears of children, blood of babies, the hopes and dreams of 3rd world countries and 4 unicorn legs. (alll four legs don't have to come from the same unicorn, but I mean once you find one when will you ever find another?)

Pifff. The recession killed their business that and the Republicans getting kicked out of office put a big dent in the overtly evil market.

Well Tesral's soul stealing abilities are also applicable to cows apparently.

Have you ever met cattle? You need a soul to steal.

Ever seen the goose problem in Indiana? Try walking around a parking lot at 5 something in the morning without battle armor on...

I hear you there. Michigan has the same problem Canadian geese have gone from beautiful to pest. Greenfield village is sometime taken over by highly aggressive panhandlers, of the fowl kind.

Not if you keep stealing peoples souls!

I only borrow.

Chi
04-07-2009, 12:11 PM
plodding nicely towards 21

Soft Serve
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
The trick is to post as often as possible without getting a merge so to get every other post is the easiest way to go. But if I keep this up at every third I can't be doing too bad. :D

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Hilarious! The visual hit me as soon as i read this and i burst out laughing.

and guess who got in trouble for the whole thing? Not the deman chicken. ME!

This made me giggle and my cube mate looked at me funny. Yes, we have to share our cubes! Even rodents get their own plexi balls to run around in. At any rate, the duck that attacked me was clearly some kind of deformed mutant. Its beak was bent funny, and I'm beginning to think it was some manifestation of that evil duck one of our more esteemed posters has mentioned before ... I'm looking at you. You know who you are.

This chicken was HUGE! It must have been some kind of experiment went wrong or something.

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Pifff. The recession killed their business that and the Republicans getting kicked out of office put a big dent in the overtly evil market.

LMAO

I'm trying to pick up the slack, but I am but one man.

Chi
04-07-2009, 12:50 PM
and guess who got in trouble for the whole thing? Not the deman chicken. ME!

This chicken was HUGE! It must have been some kind of experiment went wrong or something.
Ok is this a true story

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah, you have to watch out for them dire chickens. They will rip out your toe as soon as look at you.

cigamnogard
04-07-2009, 03:42 PM
It was no accident :D, but I told my mom that I just meant to get him to stop attacking me with his vicious pecks. The truth be told, he had hit me in the temple really hard and dazed me pretty good. This really pissed me off, so I went into the house and found the broom handle and went back outside and "accidentally" murdered the fowl little turkey.

Ah ha!

tesral
04-07-2009, 04:46 PM
This fellow was driving down the road when a chicken started passing his car down the road making like 60 miles an hour. It then pulled ahead of him and went into a field. He was shocked. Further down the road he saw a whole yard full of four legged chickens.

With this he pulled into the farm and sought out the owner.

"Well said the fellow, My two son my wife and myself all like drumsticks. But one chicken only has two, so I did me some of that there genetic stuff and got a four legged chicken to solve the problem."

"So" asked the driver. "How do they taste?"

"Don't know, we ain't caught one yet."

cigamnogard
04-07-2009, 06:25 PM
LOL! That's good.

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I feel..........so....targeted......
http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/imgad?id=CMiRmP26vYSnSRDIARi9ATIIWW8byOlooAg

cigamnogard
04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Confused - are you popular - or not?

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I would guess unpopular, since this add for a social skills course keeps showing up every time I sign onto the site. I'm starting to think someone is messing with me. :D

cigamnogard
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Maybe disable your pop ups? But I like you - you seem popular to me! Maybe I am an outcast as well. Well, I guess I better go hang myself too.....:o

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 07:58 PM
awww shucks, thanks, right back at you. I don't know about popular, but certainly prolific with the posting. You wanna borrow my rope when I'm done? :D

cigamnogard
04-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Sure, as I am out of rope. :biggrin:
Post 140!

awww shucks, thanks, right back at you. I don't know about popular, but certainly prolific with the posting. You wanna borrow my rope when I'm done? :D
:laugh:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Gosh Dern-it! My Vette has a slow leak in the back tire. What an inconvenience it will be. Also, my prognostication for the arrival of 5E will be late 2010.

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
You dirty prognosticator!

cigamnogard
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
5.0 = 2010? That soon? That's only next year! I figure 2012 at the earliest.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 08:25 PM
5.0 = 2010? That soon? That's only next year! I figure 2012 at the earliest.
Late 2010. Still a year and a half away.

cigamnogard
04-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't know - is 4.0 that bad? They just released PHB II...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 08:30 PM
It's not bad. Who knows when they will release the next edition. 2012 at the latest, would be my bet.

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Actually, I just got my hands on a top secret advanced copy of the 5e rules (http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cuttingroom/valley/Valley_of_the_Pharaohs_section_1.pdf) (1.4 MB PDF)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Actually, I just got my hands on a top secret advanced copy of the 5e rules (http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cuttingroom/valley/Valley_of_the_Pharaohs_section_1.pdf) (1.4 MB PDF)
Very cool. Must peruse, and soon.

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Chop the URL and you'll find that there are two more parts to the thing and a bunch of pics. It never occurred to me that you might like Egyptian type material. :der:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Loving it. Very cool material at first glance.

kirksmithicus
04-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Came out in 1980 I think, maybe before, pretty old anyway. Precursor to the Palladium system.
I need one more point to get ahead of Goddessgood :biggrin:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Chop the URL and you'll find that there are two more parts to the thing and a bunch of pics. It never occurred to me that you might like Egyptian type material. :der:
I'm getting 18 pages. Is there more than that?

tesral
04-08-2009, 12:13 AM

Indeed, that old chestnut. It is something I have been looking for for some time. While the game itself was no winner it is worth it for the maps. While I might not have the old Yellow box I have the contents now. Best I didn't have to pay an outrageous collector price for it.

kirksmithicus
04-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah there is more than one, I linked directly to the first section of the book. There are two more and a bunch of maps. Try here (http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cuttingroom/valley/valley.html).
You might also find Zenobia (http://www.geocities.com/zozergames/zenobia.html) of interest.
Matthew Balent produced some decent reference material. Cool even if you don't like or never even play and Palladium games.

tesral
04-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah there is more than one, I linked directly to the first section of the book. There are two more and a bunch of maps. Try here (http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cuttingroom/valley/valley.html).
You might also find Zenobia (http://www.geocities.com/zozergames/zenobia.html) of interest.
Matthew Balent produced some decent reference material. Cool even if you don't like or never even play and Palladium games.

I got them. I got the Zenobia stuff too. I'll have a look at it later. Good stuff is where you find it. And you have to be willing to look at a few dogs.

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Haha, nice to see familiar faces in my neck of the woods, kirk.

Also, constant new edition releases is teh suck. Just one of the reasons I never got back into D&D. I started in it when it was 2nd edition AD&D. I tried to pick it up apparently at the tail end of 3.0 and was quickly informed by my friends in-the-know that I was hopelessly outdated. So I rolled my eyes and went back to my homebrew and exalted. If exalted ever goes into a 3rd edition, I don't think I will switch. That is, unless it's a rules lite edition, which is what I yearn for.

Soft Serve
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Haha, nice to see familiar faces in my neck of the woods, kirk.

Also, constant new edition releases is teh suck. Just one of the reasons I never got back into D&D. I started in it when it was 2nd edition AD&D. I tried to pick it up apparently at the tail end of 3.0 and was quickly informed by my friends in-the-know that I was hopelessly outdated. So I rolled my eyes and went back to my homebrew and exalted. If exalted ever goes into a 3rd edition, I don't think I will switch. That is, unless it's a rules lite edition, which is what I yearn for.

Why not just make a homebrew version thats rules light?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I didnt have any of this material until now. Thanks for the links.

Soft Serve
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
plodding along....:D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Hmm. If only my blue line would move to the right faster.

yukonhorror
04-08-2009, 09:59 AM
did we or didn't we get our level up for April 1st? I leveled up, but it seemed that was due to the obsessive posting I was doing.

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Why not just make a homebrew version thats rules light?
Laziness. I'd rather port it over to a rules lite system, such as Savage Worlds. I'm rather getting to like that system.

did we or didn't we get our level up for April 1st? I leveled up, but it seemed that was due to the obsessive posting I was doing.
As far as I could tell, no. Not too concerned about it, personally. I wasn't really sure how it would work in the first place.

Soft Serve
04-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't think we did....
I like how I can keep posting over and over again and someone takes the space so it doesn't automerge...
well damn there it goes...nevermind now.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
We didnt, but it's understandable. I'm sure we'll get another chance at another time. FC, no doubt, has some future events in the works.

yukonhorror
04-08-2009, 10:11 AM
ahh well i guess. Goddess, you ever check out munchkin?

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
ahh well i guess. Goddess, you ever check out munchkin?
If you're referring to the card game, I played it for the second time (first in several years) a few weeks ago. It's interesting enough, and I'll probably pick up one of the sets, but I don't really have people to play it with on a regular basis. Same trap I fell into with Heroscape.

yukonhorror
04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
that's a problem. I have my wife to play with, but you really need more than two people.

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
that's a problem. I have my wife to play with, but you really need more than two people.
Agreed :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I would really like to get some campaigns going in my area. I'm even willing, and want, to GM. Problem is, finding a group can be difficult.

I had this problem in southern california for a few months, but then i had more gamers than i knew what to do with. I realize it will be the same here but I WANT TO GAME NOW! Sucks, looking, but i digress.

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I would really like to get some campaigns going in my area. I'm even willing, and want, to GM. Problem is, finding a group can be difficult.

I had this problem in southern california for a few months, but then i had more gamers than i knew what to do with. I realize it will be the same here but I WANT TO GAME NOW! Sucks, looking, but i digress.
I feel your pain. I waited 6 months before I started gaming in earnest after I moved. After years of one or more games a week, the withdrawal is rough.

yukonhorror
04-08-2009, 10:54 AM
could try the online format, it isn't the same as live, but it is better than not gaming.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I thought about it but decided against it. I need a group of players willing to play a long campaign, bringing characters from nothing to epic levels, if they live that long, or course. I want to run WFRP(1 or 2) and Traveller(CT or MT), and i am willing to even run DnD. I have everything needed, except for a killer gaming group.

Withdrawals are rough, cant wait to get things going. It will happen, just not soon enough for my taste, thats all.

yukonhorror
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
I like long term campaigns

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I like long term campaigns
Move out here, yukonhorror. I can get a game going asap.

Damn, oh damn, why cant we invent teleportation devices. If i had one of those, gaming would be awesome. I have friends everywhere ready to start long-erm campaigns in a seconds notice, they just dont live around here.

Kaewin
04-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Toth if you want to comuute I run a Saturday night game with an open seat. But it might be a ways for you.

tesral
04-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Damn, oh damn, why cant we invent teleportation devices. If i had one of those, gaming would be awesome. I have friends everywhere ready to start long-erm campaigns in a seconds notice, they just dont live around here.

You, me, and a lot of people.

yukonhorror
04-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I am applying for a job at berkley, but haven't heard anything yet. I haven't been involved in an indepth game for a long time. If you read my blog, it may sound shallow, but that game was so enthralling. Played that one character for at least a year, and we played more than once a week, each session lasting 4-10 hrs.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I am applying for a job at berkley, but haven't heard anything yet. I haven't been involved in an indepth game for a long time. If you read my blog, it may sound shallow, but that game was so enthralling. Played that one character for at least a year, and we played more than once a week, each session lasting 4-10 hrs.
Berkeley isnt too far from here. That's workable. Best of luck.

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Most of my campaigns have lasted two years and played every second weekend. Now I am in a game that has started this summer.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Most of my campaigns have lasted two years and played every second weekend. Now I am in a game that has started this summer.
Keep rubbing your good fortune in, cigamnogard. ;)

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I just started (last month) a PbP site - it's going very well:

http://groups.google.ca/group/empires-of-earth-and-stone-for-dungeons-and-dragons-3035e?hl=en

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I just started (last month) a PbP site - it's going very well:

http://groups.google.ca/group/empires-of-earth-and-stone-for-dungeons-and-dragons-3035e?hl=en
This is actually pretty cool, cigamnogard. Thoth begins perusing.

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes, it is going better than I expected.
Look forward to you posting there!

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
i don't know what to post :(

but i'm so close to leveling up COME ON!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
If one posts fast enough, one can almost see the blue line moving. :eek:

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Is the blue line the level bar?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Is the blue line the level bar?
Just position your mouse curser over he dark blue line.

Thriondel Half-Elven
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
how much one post to move the mysterious blue line? i'm still at 93% why?
i posted that and . . . it went up 4%.

ask and thee shall recieve, i guess

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
how much one post to move the mysterious blue line? i'm still at 93% why?
i posted that and . . . it went up 4%.

ask and thee shall recieve, i guess
I takes a few minutes to process your activity. Now, breathe in-and-out, in-and-out, continue for 5 minutes, then recheck. :rolleyes:

tesral
04-08-2009, 04:48 PM
If one posts fast enough, one can almost see the blue line moving. :eek:

It doesn't move for you?

Soft Serve
04-08-2009, 05:08 PM
IF you post too fast though your actually caught just editing your last post and stuck on the 30 second timer...So try not to make the blue line blurry.

tesral
04-08-2009, 05:18 PM
IF you post too fast though your actually caught just editing your last post and stuck on the 30 second timer...So try not to make the blue line blurry.

Wait until you have several windows open so you can edit, post and keep track of separate threads all at once.

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 05:22 PM
:cool: Wow. All this strategery. Thriondel must reach the final level!

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I had no idea! I saw it but...thanks everyone mystery solved!

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Not long till level 20 now :) probably by next week.

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I will more tha half way to my next level.
Wait a minute no I am only at 39% :(
Wait a minute no I am only at 39% :(

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Looks like 46% to me :P Be patient, young padawan.

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes, I am flying up on the next level! :)

kirksmithicus
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Not long till level 20 now :) probably by next week.

Drag me over the line with you, I'm getting tired.

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Drag me over the line with you, I'm getting tired.

EEEEEEEEEEEEeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...uuuuhhhhhh.... ooofta! Oh, wait you didn't mean me :redface:

GoddessGood
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Haha, come on. We have to bumrush Chi in the rankings :)

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I do? I do!:evil::fear:

kirksmithicus
04-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Only 900+ points to go! :D

cigamnogard
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
76%!