PDA

View Full Version : The level up thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20

traesin
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM
yes, but dogs don't purrr

Hoitash
10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
They don't try and kill you with their teeth or claws, either.

Sides my Dad's allergic to them.

tesral
10-22-2009, 03:43 PM
The in and out thing. Always the in and out thing.

Dogs are furry infants that never grow up and are not welcome in restaurants or hotels.

Cats you fill the food bowl, give them a bigger water dish and your off for the weekend.

Arkhemedes
10-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I prefer dogs, big dogs. Cats just aren't filling enough.

traesin
10-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I like big dogs too. But there is nothing like a cat purring on your lap, on a cold dreary day.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2009, 10:52 PM
In-in-Out, that's what the urge is all about.

Thanks goes to the In-in-Out Burger bumber sticker so many years ago, which originally said: In-in-Out, that's what the Burger is all about.

<folks scratched out the B, & r from the sticker>

Sascha
10-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Donny (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000114/): Those are some good burgers, Walter.
The Big Lebowski

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Purchasing a 65 inch HDTV in the next 3 days along with a Pioneer BluRay player. Can't wait!

Yep, i'm pretty excited about the aquisition. Can anyone tell?

I was due, for after all i own a late 80's(?) largescreen (45 inch diagonal screen measurement) TV encased in wood. Thing weighs a ton. Anyone in So Cal want, you pick up (you'll need two people, minimum.) Yes, it still works. I never treat myself, so it was time.

kkriegg
10-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Purchasing a 65 inch HDTV in the next 3 days along with a Pioneer BluRay player. Can't wait!

:couch2:

Man, I'm so jealous!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-23-2009, 01:27 AM
I plan to break it in with the latest Star Trek release in BluRay (hmm, i hope it has been released already). Will be awesome.

traesin
10-23-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm jealous.

Arkhemedes
10-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Eh... got one.

traesin
10-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Eh... got one.

and you suck too.

Hoitash
10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
If it amkes you feel better, my Dad cancelled our cable to save 20 bucks, and supposdly when we rebundle we get a better deal.

And I don't have TiVo. And only one game for my PS3 (But what a game; Resistance: Fall of Man.)

traesin
10-23-2009, 10:09 AM
If it amkes you feel better, my Dad cancelled our cable to save 20 bucks, and supposdly when we rebundle we get a better deal.

And I don't have TiVo. And only one game for my PS3 (But what a game; Resistance: Fall of Man.)

Not really. I don't have cable and I can't get local channels due to trees and hills. No gaming systems, My only internet access is through a laptop card. So downloading is limited. I have a vcr and a dvd player and netflix. Oh and my books. Most of which i have read at least twice. It's a good thing I work 16 hour days, Id go nuts otherwise.

Hoitash
10-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Um, will you take offense if you just sold me against ever living in Oregon? Sounds like a nice place to visit, though.

I am seriosuly thinking of wandering the country during the summer, but first I need a cool hat and a duster.

tesral
10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I plan to break it in with the latest Star Trek release in BluRay (hmm, i hope it has been released already). Will be awesome.

Dude, that is a terrible waste of a good system. Pick a decent film.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-23-2009, 02:17 PM
What does the living know, anyway?

Soft Serve
10-23-2009, 03:01 PM
(But what a bad game; Resistance: Fall of Man.)

I agree.

Not really. I don't have cable and I can't get local channels due to trees and hills. No gaming systems, My only internet access is through a laptop card. So downloading is limited. I have a vcr and a dvd player and netflix. Oh and my books. Most of which i have read at least twice. It's a good thing I work 16 hour days, Id go nuts otherwise.

Entertainment fail?

BAM

DOUBLE BAM!

Phoenix vs. Lich it's about to go down. I'm selling tickets...75 a pop.

Hoitash
10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Um, you incorrectly inserted the word "bad" into my quote, suggesting the game was bad, when it is possibly the most awesome game in the history of PS3'dom.

traesin
10-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Um, will you take offense if you just sold me against ever living in Oregon? Sounds like a nice place to visit, though.

I am seriosuly thinking of wandering the country during the summer, but first I need a cool hat and a duster.

No offense. it's not Oregon, I'm just that broke. Ex's can rob you blind (and he did, literally).

Well if you come up this way, I have a couch.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Phoenix vs. Lich it's about to go down. I'm selling tickets...75 a pop.

True, we haven't had an epic battle in quite some time. When you see lightning striking the planet from the sky and dark magic shooting into the sky from below, be sure to take cover if you can.

Arkhemedes
10-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Ooh, and maybe we can put Hoitash vs. Soft Serve on the bill as well for an opening bout.

tesral
10-23-2009, 10:56 PM

Grammar for starters.

Dude, that film would have been great mindless action adventure, if they have just called it something else. As Trek it sucked worse than Battlefield Earth sucked being Battlefield Earth. Utterly brain dead Mary Sue wet dream junk. I've read bad fan fiction that was better than that...thing.

Five second plot, if that long. The minute you introduce time travel you blow casualty out the airlock. What was to stop Spock from going further back in time and stopping EBB before he started his reign of carnage? DUH!

EBB: "I will take my huge over compensation device and " <ZOT!> Spock: "Illogical, the dead do nothing."

As Star Trek it sucked.

Arkhemedes
10-23-2009, 11:09 PM
So...correct me if I'm wrong here. Apparently you didn't care for the new Star Trek movie.

tesral
10-23-2009, 11:14 PM
So...correct me if I'm wrong here. Apparently you didn't care for the new Star Trek movie.

:mad:

kirksmithicus
10-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Best Star Trek..........EVAR!

Soft Serve
10-24-2009, 04:46 AM
So many quotes...

Um, you correctly inserted the word "bad" into my quote.

Your Welcome.

Ooh, and maybe we can put Hoitash vs. Soft Serve on the bill as well for an opening bout.

So far I've got higher ground/

:mad:

:laugh:

Best Star Trek..........EVAR!

I don't think it counts as Star Trek if it wasn't a TV show. Isn't it technically like...The Best Star Trek MOVIE Ever? In which case it should also be the WORST Star Trek Movie Ever...since it's the ONLY Star Trek Movie....Ever...

Evar...

MrFrost
10-24-2009, 08:09 AM
would those be counted as evil acts, one wonders....

So?

Hoitash
10-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Could the hamster please stop misquoting? If I was in a more cynacil mood I'd call that libel, but fortunately I'm too busy today, and you know, not that stupid :)

You may have the high ground, but I have an axe! I call her Vera.

Sascha
10-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Mal (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/): Well, my days of not takin' ya seriously are certainly comin' to a middle.
Firefly, 1.6, "Our Mrs. Reynolds"

kkriegg
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Oregon: Washington's Basement

traesin
10-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Oregon: Washington's Basement

:lol:
No, not all of Oregon, just Portland.
I can't defend Oregon anymore than that. I'm from Indiana and haven't grown webbed feet yet.

Soft Serve
10-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Could the hamster please stop misquoting? If I was in a more cynacil mood I'd call that libel, but fortunately I'm too busy today, and you know, not that stupid :)

I did it to Thoth for a while too. It's pretty fun.

:lol:
No, not all of Oregon, just Portland.
I can't defend Oregon anymore than that. I'm from Indiana and haven't grown webbed feet yet.

I'm from Pennsylvania. I grew up in beautiful mountains, freezing weather, and winding roads with trees every which direction you looked.

NOW I'm in Indiana...kept the freezing weather, but we lost the beautiful mountains, winding roads, and trees and replaced them all with Corn.

Oh well...at least I'm not in Wyoming or Nebraska.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I did it to Thoth for a while too. It's pretty fun.

Gotta watch your back with Soft Serve, for he's a Rogue! :eek:

tesral
10-25-2009, 03:39 PM
NOW I'm in Indiana...kept the freezing weather, but we lost the beautiful mountains, winding roads, and trees and replaced them all with Corn.

I have it on good authority that Wyoming does not exist.

kkriegg
10-25-2009, 07:45 PM
I did it to Thoth for a while too. But then we broke up.

That's a shame.

traesin
10-26-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm from Pennsylvania. I grew up in beautiful mountains, freezing weather, and winding roads with trees every which direction you looked.

If you think you see a lot of corn, go to central IL. At least there are some trees in Indy.

michael
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
:laugh:

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
I love OREGON! we have the beach, the desert, the mountains, major rivers, lakes, lots of forests, i guess i shouldn't be bragging, more Californians are going to want to move up here.. and we cant have that : P

kkriegg
10-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Don't even get me started on Californians.

traesin
10-26-2009, 07:37 PM
yea. their as bad as Washington drivers.
:D

kkriegg
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
We have bad drivers? I havn't heard that one before.

We definately don't know how to drive in snow. My parents are from Ohio and they tell me this every winter.

XeroDrift
10-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Don't think I've ever heard the Washington drivers reference before either. Now I don't know about drivers, but worst traffic in the world? Cairo... beats the pants off of Rome.

traesin
10-27-2009, 01:23 AM
first thing I heard when I moved here was how bad the Washington drivers are. It's a big thing in Portland. There is even a Clear wireless comerical about how they can help with every thing but Washington drivers.

kkriegg
10-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Now I don't know about drivers, but worst traffic in the world? Cairo

We had worst traffic in the nation for awhile. It wasn't long before LA snatched that title back up.

first thing I heard when I moved here was how bad the Washington drivers are. It's a big thing in Portland. There is even a Clear wireless comerical about how they can help with every thing but Washington drivers.

Huh. You know, I've lived here my whole life and havn't heard jack about Oregon, drivers or otherwise. Sounds like we have a sort of "little brother Canada" thing going on...

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Washington being Canada right? kind of like a loft over a really cool party.. dont feel bad Washington, you still have seattle the city that smell like fish and coffee :P

michael
10-27-2009, 07:32 AM
The worst driving I have ever seen was in Washington DC.

traesin
10-27-2009, 08:17 AM
"Huh. You know, I've lived here my whole life and havn't heard jack about Oregon, drivers or otherwise. Sounds like we have a sort of "little brother Canada" thing going on"

Don't worry, I don't think people in Oregon can drive either. They would get ran over in Indy.

Hoitash
10-27-2009, 09:18 AM
I thought everyone rode their bikes in Oregon cuz you can't legally pump your own gas? And, you know, health benefits.

tesral
10-27-2009, 09:29 AM
The worst driving I have ever seen was in Washington DC.

I was on the Beltway once. Ghodd willing it will be the last time. It made Detroit drivers look sane.

Hoitash
10-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I was on the Beltway once. Ghodd willing it will be the last time. It made Detroit drivers look sane.

That's why I avoid Detroit, not that there's much there anyway. But worse than them? Yikes.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
lol bikes... yep we have a lot of those.. at least around the portland area..

traesin
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
lol bikes... yep we have a lot of those.. at least around the portland area..

and the bickering that goes with it. "I have the right away." "no I do." I wouldn't ride my bike downtown Portland if my life depended on it. I used to drive down there all the time and I don't know how there isn't more accidents.

Soft Serve
10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Washington being Canada right? kind of like a loft over a really cool party.. dont feel bad Washington, you still have seattle the city that smell like fish and coffee :P

And Teen Spirit. Don't forget about how it Smells Like Teen Spirit.

New Orleans. Worst drivers ever born to the earth. At least twice a month people would be driven off a bridge.

Arkhemedes
10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
And Teen Spirit. Don't forget about how it Smells Like Teen Spirit.

New Orleans. Worst drivers ever born to the earth. At least twice a month people would be driven off a bridge.
What's this? A song title?

Song titles don't belong here. They belong in the Word Association Thread.

XeroDrift
10-27-2009, 05:22 PM
You cant pump your own gas in Oregon?

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-27-2009, 08:08 PM
you want to hear something funny, sure we cant pump our own gas... WE HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR US!!!!! so lets say its raining.. ( now theres a stretch for oregon RAIN!) I DONT HAVE TO GET OUT OF MY NICE WARM CAR. i have some dumb a$$ pump the gas for me!.. now lets say it SNOWING.. hmm oh yeah some dumb a$$ pumps the gas FOR ME while i stay nice and warm :P. oh yeah plus our gas is cheaper than both washington and california.. so who is the joke on??

Dimthar
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
You cant pump your own gas in Oregon?

Well, you can't in Mexico. Something about protecting jobs.

tesral
10-27-2009, 08:58 PM
That's why I avoid Detroit, not that there's much there anyway. But worse than them? Yikes.

We are not dangerous, we are just...'cozy'. the way NASCAR drives "cozy".

Bumper stickers are commonly sold in 24 point type..

kkriegg
10-28-2009, 01:08 AM

No, Oregon is Canada to Washington's USA. You know, the whole, "We hate them, we really hate them... so how come they ignore us all the time??"

sure we cant pump our own gas... WE HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR US!!!!!

Yeah, and the price of that guy's service (which nobody really wants to pay for, otherwise that job would be dead like the dodo like in all places that don't legislate mandatory 3rd party gas pumpage)... is rolled into your bill. How nice.

plus our gas is cheaper than both washington and california.. so who is the joke on??

Of course, we did just pass a massive new gas tax a few years ago. Sure as hell wasn't my idea.

traesin
10-28-2009, 01:08 AM
lol

Indy has a public nascar track. It's called I-465.

Hoitash
10-28-2009, 08:25 AM
You should see I-275. I don't like driving on highways anyway if I can help it.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
got get me wrong i don't hate Washingtonians that is reserved for Californians, our mutual enemy. washington just erritates me, when ever i buy something in washington they charge me a sales tax.. ithink we should charge people from washington a income tax as soon as they cross the bridge. i think that sounds far. i mean i support your state now support mine.. at least stop bringing your cans and bottles down here for the refund:P

tesral
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
You should see I-275. I don't like driving on highways anyway if I can help it.

I-696 is just as bad, or I-94, I-75, you get the idea. My Friday game involves many of these roads, it is a 75 mile round trip. M-39 to I-696 to I-75. Coming back I use I-75 to I-94.

I don't use 94 out because at that time of the afternoon it is a freaking parking lot.

Oh, Oakland University has game day on Fridays.

Sascha
10-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Snow~ (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/album.php?albumid=272)

XeroDrift
10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
you want to hear something funny, sure we cant pump our own gas... WE HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR US!!!!! so lets say its raining.. ( now theres a stretch for oregon RAIN!) I DONT HAVE TO GET OUT OF MY NICE WARM CAR. i have some dumb a$$ pump the gas for me!.. now lets say it SNOWING.. hmm oh yeah some dumb a$$ pumps the gas FOR ME while i stay nice and warm :P. oh yeah plus our gas is cheaper than both washington and california.. so who is the joke on??

Yeah, I understand that having an attendant is convenient, that wasnt the issue, it was that someone said you arent ALLOWED to do it yourself.

Hoitash
10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Is that a fox or a dog, cuz the tail is kinda fox like?

tesral
10-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Is that a fox or a dog, cuz the tail is kinda fox like?

That is a Fox. (He who has see a few foxes now and again.)

Sascha
10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Yep, it's a fox; comes around the alleyway at night. Though it was out and about in the afternoon last week.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Megan Fox?

Sascha
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Megan Fox?
Michael J.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Michael Jackson, King of Pop. Awesome music in the late 70's to early 80's.

Hoitash
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
I prefer Megan Fox. And regular foxes, cute little buggers.

I just revoked my manhood, didn't I?

kkriegg
10-28-2009, 04:32 PM
got get me wrong i don't hate Washingtonians that is reserved for Californians, our mutual enemy. washington just erritates me, when ever i buy something in washington they charge me a sales tax.. ithink we should charge people from washington a income tax as soon as they cross the bridge. i think that sounds far. i mean i support your state now support mine.. at least stop bringing your cans and bottles down here for the refund:P

We do support your state! Whenever we buy cars or other expensive things, we go down there to avoid the tax, and thus support your commerse and industry. As far as you buying things up here... I don't know why you would.

Sascha
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
I prefer Megan Fox. And regular foxes, cute little buggers.
I see the appeal, but ... I don't see the appeal, heh.

(Unless it's Vulpes vulpes. Sooo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmislevy/2644444516/) adorable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM-EXORaCgk)~)

Soft Serve
10-28-2009, 09:54 PM
I see the appeal, but ... I don't see the appeal, heh.

(Unless it's Vulpes vulpes. Sooo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmislevy/2644444516/) adorable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM-EXORaCgk)~)

WOW.

You didn't quote something.

Arkhemedes
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
WOW.

Wow.

You didn't misquote something.

Genetic-Jackhammer
10-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Hmmm am i miss quoting my self

Hmmm am i miss quoting my self

Sascha
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
WOW.

Mal (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/): I'm shocked, my own self.
Firefly, 1.7, "Jaynestown"

(:biggrin:)

Hoitash
10-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Ah, the Universe is as it should be. Sorry, the 'Verse.

Rathor
10-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Read up to page 14 skipped to the end.I think I'm level 1 so I've a while to go.

traesin
10-29-2009, 06:56 AM
well don't feel bad, I did too till I started hanging out on here all the time.

tesral
10-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Farcaster changed the rules some time ago, the level up thread no longer levels up.

traesin
10-29-2009, 02:49 PM
now it's discuss anything thread

like Hairballs

Sascha
10-29-2009, 03:22 PM

like Hairballs
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/facepalm.jpg

Hoitash
10-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah, when did this hairball obsession begin?

XeroDrift
10-29-2009, 04:15 PM

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Arkhemedes
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Page 97 to be more precise.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
post 3590!

traesin
10-30-2009, 01:30 AM
yes we have no life.

tesral
10-30-2009, 01:33 AM

like Hairballs

Yea Hairballs! :whoo:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Or thereabout.

Page 97 to be more precise.

Research!

post 3590!

There is much to be said for precision.

yes we have no life.

That is one of the things you can say.

Sascha
10-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea Hairballs! :whoo:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/no-country-for-old-men_tommy-lee-jo.jpg

tesral
10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
"Hairballs: Myths and Realities Behind Some Medical Curiosities" (http://nmhm.washingtondc.museum/exhibits/virtual/hairball.html)

http://nmhm.washingtondc.museum/exhibits/virtual/M906252.jpg

You can find anything on the Internet. There is no WAY I am going to Rule 34 on this subject.

Sascha
10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/Nixon.jpg

Hoitash
10-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah seriosuly, the Crook is right. Somewhere a line must drawn in the sand, and I think we just passed said line. You have angered the ghost of Travis, and he shall wreak Texan wrath upon you.

What was in that coffee...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-30-2009, 01:04 PM
What was illegal years ago is now legal-and required-today. What an odd world we live in.

The world operates and thrives on chaos. There are but two choices for all of us, to stand still and resist or welcome change with open arms... for in the end, our decisions will help dictate whether our lives are happy ones or not.

Arkhemedes
10-30-2009, 05:49 PM
"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
I will choose a purpose clear. I will choose Free Will."

Sascha
10-30-2009, 05:59 PM
What was illegal years ago is now legal-and required-today. What an odd world we live in.
There are arguments that conclude those acts are still illegal.

tesral
10-30-2009, 08:08 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/Nixon.jpg

Rendered speachless.

Yeah seriosuly, the Crook is right. Somewhere a line must drawn in the sand, and I think we just passed said line. You have angered the ghost of Travis, and he shall wreak Texan wrath upon you.

What was in that coffee...

More than coffee? I don't drink the stuff.

People, done go there with me, seriously don't go there. I'm OLD, I don't care, I am beyond shame. I didn't keep the little dog, I ATE it.

XeroDrift
10-30-2009, 11:52 PM
O make me a mask and a wall to shut from your spies
Of the sharp, enamelled eyes and spectacled claws
Rape and rebellion in the nurseries of my face,
Gag of dumbstruck tree, to block from bare enemies
The bayonet tongue in this undefended prayerpiece,
The present mouth, and the sweetly blown trumpet of lies,
Shaped in old armor and oak the countenance of a dunce
To shield the glistening brain and blunt the examiners,
And a tear-stained widower grief drooped from the lashes
To veil belladonna and let the dry eyes perceive
Others betray the lamenting lies of their losses
By the curve of the nude mouth or the laugh up the sleeve.

michael
10-31-2009, 12:02 PM
That's pretty sweet.

traesin
11-04-2009, 12:54 AM
I like.

XeroDrift
11-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Its Dylan Thomas, my favorite poet

tesral
11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
As long as it isn't Bob Dylon, and he isn't singling. Great writer, could not carry a tune in a sack.

XeroDrift
11-07-2009, 02:45 PM
As long as it isn't Bob Dylon, and he isn't singling. Great writer, could not carry a tune in a sack.

Most definitely! I've always found it amusing that a musician that has influenced practically every singer/song-writer of any merit in the last thirty years, and has had a ridiculous number of his songs covered repeatedly by other artists, would never land a recording deal in the modern music market. Song writing gig certainly, but as a performer? Fat chance.

Sascha
11-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Most definitely! I've always found it amusing that a musician that has influenced practically every singer/song-writer of any merit in the last thirty years, and has had a ridiculous number of his songs covered repeatedly by other artists, would never land a recording deal in the modern music market. Song writing gig certainly, but as a performer? Fat chance.
The modern music market doesn't need recording deals, really; record companies, yes, but not the market, itself. Equipment and distribution costs are far lower than what they were.

Besides, the Wallflowers scored some albums, with a lead mumbler, so it can be done~

Soft Serve
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
YAY level-up thread!

Don't have to read it to post in it!

XeroDrift
11-08-2009, 05:50 PM
The modern music market doesn't need recording deals, really; record companies, yes, but not the market, itself. Equipment and distribution costs are far lower than what they were.

Good point

tesral
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Besides, the Wallflowers scored some albums, with a lead mumbler, so it can be done~

Mumbling would be an improvement. He sounds like he has hairballs up his nose.

traesin
11-10-2009, 03:56 AM
better than a hairball somewhere else

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-10-2009, 04:21 AM
so traesin how did the game go sunday?

Arkhemedes
11-10-2009, 08:08 AM
MY game went great on Sunday btw. I finally have a full group again. Last Sunday, the party met up with a band of gypsies and I did fortune tellings for each of the PCs using Taroka cards. The players were truly freaked out about how accurate the card readings were and they were still talking about it this past Sunday. So did I use any slight of hand here? I'll never tell. Heh heh.

traesin
11-10-2009, 07:15 PM
that sounds like fun, My games went very well. We won and no one died. i alsmost died in last game, but thanks to Ed's character, I was saved.

(thanks again Mark.)

tesral
11-10-2009, 08:28 PM
A sufficiently deep pile of hairballs will save you from any fall.

Arkhemedes
11-10-2009, 08:50 PM
that sounds like fun, My games went very well. We won and no one died. i alsmost died in last game, but thanks to Ed's character, I was saved.

(thanks again Mark.)
Hmm. That's interesting. I didn't know you could actually win at playing D&D. So what was the final score? ;)

Hoitash
11-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Oy, more hairballs.

Sascha
11-10-2009, 10:05 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/chiyo-chanangry.jpg

Hoitash
11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Saw that comin'.

traesin
11-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm not playing D&D. I'm playing House Games.

http://housegames.wikidot.com/

It's mission based with a high death toll.

(oh but no hairballs)

Genetic-Jackhammer
11-11-2009, 04:27 AM
high death tolll.... thats not good so should i make a combat monkey???

Arkhemedes
11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
So...does that mean you can win the game?

tesral
11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Only if you defeat the hairballs.

XeroDrift
11-11-2009, 10:53 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/chiyo-chanangry.jpg

I wish I knew where she got these! I could really use them on the two of you in the Word Association thread when you're endlessly vomiting up song titles :frusty:

Arkhemedes
11-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Seriously dude, the Word Association thread is easily the most mindless thread on this site requiring the least amount of thought, by far, than any other thread. As such I truly find it mind-boggling that anyone could be bothered by song titles posted there. All we're doing is adding a little challenge to a thread that requires next to no thought. So here's one more song title for you:

Get Over It

Hoitash
11-12-2009, 08:25 AM
MST3K Mantra people:

Just repeat to yourself "it's just a forum, I should really just relax."

Sorry for the earworm.

Sascha
11-12-2009, 12:53 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/churuya-san2.jpg

XeroDrift
11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Seriously dude, the Word Association thread is easily the most mindless thread on this site requiring the least amount of thought, by far, than any other thread. As such I truly find it mind-boggling that anyone could be bothered by song titles posted there. All we're doing is adding a little challenge to a thread that requires next to no thought. So here's one more song title for you:

Get Over It

Wow, unexpected hostility from a little good natured ribbing, I apologize for assuming that you had a little more going on upstairs than an endlessly fractured romp of radio titles of the last forty years.

So here's a song title for you Mr. Sensitive

Kiss My Ass (courtesy of Ted Nugent)

Hoitash
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Check please. I sense bad hoodoo.

Soft Serve
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Get Over It

BAM!

Wow, unexpected hostility from a little good natured ribbing, I apologize for assuming that you had a little more going on upstairs than an endlessly fractured romp of radio titles of the last forty years.

So here's a song title for you Mr. Sensitive

Kiss My Ass (courtesy of Ted Nugent)

(again) BAM!

But ark you can't fight him. He's less than half your level. You'll kill him in one swing.

XeroDrift
11-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Alright, I admit, that was a little harsh, I acted in anger. But to be perfectly honest, I was offended, there was absolutely no reason for you to make a personal attack on me, even if you misconstrued my statements as critical or disrespectful (which is certainly not how they were intended), as such they would still have been pretty innocuous, definitely not warranting such a rude response. As my intentions were in the vein of friendly teasing, I was quite taken aback and angered by your attack and responded in kind. This will obviously preclude on my part any further participation in your games, I enjoyed those that I was a party to and tell the guys sorry things didn't work out. I bear you no ill will and hope to remain cordial in the threads in which we both regularly post. Take care.

tesral
11-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Flat foot floozy with a floy, floy
Floy doy, floy doy, floy doy.

XeroDrift
11-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Actually its "Flat Foot Floogie"

tesral
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Actually its "Flat Foot Floogie"

Was, I...have changed it.

XeroDrift
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
heh, well, actually, you're kind of right
Slim and Slam wrote the song as "Flat Foot Floozy"
But were convinced it was to controversial for radio play and changed it upon recording to Flat Foot Floogie...

tesral
11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Singing it that way causes you to cough up hairballs.

Hoitash
11-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Sascha, I belief a pic of Teal'c staring stoically would be of use here.

Sascha
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/ad-michael-bluth.jpg

Hoitash
11-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Close enough.

traesin
11-13-2009, 01:51 AM
So...does that mean you can win the game?
Well in a way yes. If you don't die and solve the mission, then yes you win. You can fail at a mission, and we have, but not die. We have one player that has died in almost every game. He hasn't learned a very important lesson, Don't wonder off on your own!

Arkhemedes
11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Well in a way yes. If you don't die and solve the mission, then yes you win. You can fail at a mission, and we have, but not die. We have one player that has died in almost every game. He hasn't learned a very important lesson, Don't wonder off on your own!
Yes, a very important lesson indeed. Until recently, I too had a player in my f2f game that kept doing the same. His character never actually died but he came very close several times. It was like he was daring me kill his character.

Now I have a new player that's playing a straight wizard and I've come to realize he has little idea how to play a wizard. Despite my advising him not to, he insists on wearing armor, and taking the chance of spell failure, and in a fight he's just as likely to run up to the front line and try to trip the opponents rather than stay back and cast a spell. So far, his tactics haven't bitten him in the ass yet. But its only a matter of time I'm certain of it. Heh, heh.

XeroDrift
11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
To Arkhemedes; I don't know what I did to offend you, but your recent drastic change in tone in various places here, without the courtesy of any explanation to one who has been a guest in your home and called you friend, has proven you to be a small, petty man. This is unfortunate as I have disappointed myself in misjudging you. Ah well, live and learn. Good luck with everything, I wish you well in your endeavors.

Soft Serve
11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
To Arkhemedes; I don't know what I did to offend you, but your recent drastic change in tone in various places here, without the courtesy of any explanation to one who has been a guest in your home and called you friend, has proven you to be a small, petty man. This is unfortunate as I have disappointed myself in misjudging you. Ah well, live and learn. Good luck with everything, I wish you well in your endeavors.

Do you guys need a private room in the chat here?

I mean you can type in caps and everything and the neighbors don't even complain.

I hear you can rent on for 75 an hour.

NOT THAT IT'S NOT ENTERTAINING IN PUBLIC

But WTF happened to this being a thread with what almost had a point once. On a site about gaming. Pen and paper gaming specifically... Which your arguement has no room being out here in the open on.

I'm not blaming anybody, but if you want a drama thread you can make one.

Sascha
11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/emergency-kitten.jpg

Arkhemedes
11-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Dude, you are unbelievable. The post above this one had nothing to do with you. Surprise! I DO have other people I game with. People who don't go online and resort to calling me names for no reason (something I have yet to do btw), and then actually expect me to give a response. Honestly, I've had better break-ups with clingy, fatal-attraction, girlfriends who couldn't take a hint.

And thanks for the suggestion Softy, but I'm afraid Xero would get awfully lonely in a chat room by himself, as he is clearly the only one interested in continuing this online temper tantrum.

traesin
11-14-2009, 12:22 AM
and annoying others with it.

tesral
11-14-2009, 02:03 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/emergency-kitten.jpg

I'll take two, not enough hairballs.

Hoitash
11-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Do you have anything in a puppy?

Soft Serve
11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
And thanks for the suggestion Softy, but I'm afraid Xero would get awfully lonely in a chat room by himself, as he is clearly the only one interested in continuing this online temper tantrum.

I was trying to be funny, sarcastic, and get a point across and that is hard to do over the internet when people can't hear your tone of voice.

I could sum it up in smileys...

:laugh::):(:confused::eek::mad::cool::lol::p

I think that does it...

"Wow they're arguing and it's funny"
"They're still arguing..."
"They need to stop..."
"Why is this still happening?"
"WOW STILL?"
"Ok it needs to go elsewhere."
"You know what? Screw it it's not my site."
"haha I'm posting this."
"And somebody just read it"

smileys in order from left to right.

Sascha
11-14-2009, 01:33 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/hughlaurie.jpg

tesral
11-14-2009, 04:46 PM

In the future, check the chair for caltrops...and hairballs.

Soft Serve
11-14-2009, 06:34 PM

You remind me of when you google search something and the ads pop up on the side that very barely relate to what your saying, but they're doing the best they can with what they have.

They used to just say "Hey are you looking for --whatever you searched for-- on sale? Cause Amazon's got it!"

Also the "Did you mean..." was apparently evil.

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/motivation-sexism-google-demotivational-poster.jpg

traesin
11-15-2009, 02:47 AM
lol! those were good. Speaking of hairballs...Rascal got me good today. He left one right on my work pants and right before I had to get in the shower to go to work. And of course, they were the only clean ones I had. Thankfully my boss is understanding about hairballs.

Soft Serve
11-15-2009, 09:41 AM
lol! those were good. Speaking of hairballs...Rascal got me good today. He left one right on my work pants and right before I had to get in the shower to go to work. And of course, they were the only clean ones I had. Thankfully my boss is understanding about hairballs.

Where did this thread veer to the path of hairballed-ness?

Hoitash
11-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Page 95 I believe.

tesral
11-15-2009, 10:37 AM
My Roman name is Historicus
My author name is Christopher
My DnD name is Tennebrus
My sausage is Jimmy Dean.

My indian name is Trips lightly Over Own Feet.

Hoitash
11-15-2009, 11:14 AM
At least you do it lightly. When do it I break dishes or my own body.

traesin
11-15-2009, 12:54 PM
are you saying that you don't have many points in Dex?

Hoitash
11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Dex, Str, Con, Cha is moderate at best until I make them laugh. Let's just say there's a reason I'm an academic/sci-fi writer. And why I like to play elves.

Soft Serve
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I'd say Charisma and Dexterity are my best Attributes.

I never fall or trip and people like me. (usually).

Sascha
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/stuartsmalley.jpg

Soft Serve
11-16-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't know what that has to do with anything but I'll assume it's either snippy or a reference to something.

traesin
11-16-2009, 01:32 AM
I'd say that would be a safe bet.

tesral
11-16-2009, 07:36 AM
It is an example of how to stuff a chair with hairballs.

Arkhemedes
11-16-2009, 07:44 AM
:biggrin:
I guess Softy is not a big fan of SNL.

Hoitash
11-16-2009, 08:29 AM
SNL used to be in black and white?

traesin
11-16-2009, 09:45 AM
man, having watched snl in years.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I never really got into it.

Sascha
11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
(Hard to believe Stuart Smalley's a United States Senator now :P)

Arkhemedes
11-16-2009, 12:28 PM
(Hard to believe Stuart Smalley's a United States Senator now :P)
Oh that's right. I guess they did finally decide that didn't they? I figured the term would be over before they ever announced a winner.

Soft Serve
11-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Nah I don't watch TV. Too busy doing internet things and crying cause I have no friends....

I mean spending time with friends.... :rolleyes:

Hoitash
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
It's okay, I cry for the same reason. Well, that and lack of a girlfriend. And, uh... the rest is best left unsaid in case of little ears.

Sascha
11-17-2009, 12:38 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/MoreCowbell.jpg

traesin
11-17-2009, 01:40 AM
No more hairballs

Arkhemedes
11-17-2009, 07:28 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/MoreCowbell.jpg
...and more SNL and Don't Fear the Reaper.

tesral
11-17-2009, 08:08 AM
...and more SNL and Don't Fear the Reaper.

And hairballs.

traesin
11-17-2009, 08:25 AM
A hairball is a small collection of hair (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Hair) or fur (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Fur) formed in the stomach (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Stomach) of animals (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Animal) that is occasionally vomited (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Vomit) up when it becomes too big. Hairballs are primarily a tight elongated cylinder of packed fur, but may include bits of other elements such as swallowed food. Cats (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Cat) are especially prone to hairball formation since they groom (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Personal_grooming) themselves by licking (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Licking) their fur, and thereby ingest it. Rabbits (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Rabbit) are also prone to hairballs because they groom themselves in the same fashion as cats, but hairballs are especially dangerous for rabbits because they cannot regurgitate them. Because the digestive system (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Digestive_system) of a rabbit is very fragile, rabbit hairballs must be treated immediately or they may cause the animal to stop feeding and ultimately die due to dehydration (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Dehydration). Cattle (http://www.penandpapergames.com/wiki/Cattle) are also known to accumulate hairballs, but as they do not vomit, these are found usually after death and can be found to be quite large.

(I was nice and left out the pictures.)

tesral
11-17-2009, 08:30 AM
(I was nice and left out the pictures.)

Spoil sport.

traesin
11-17-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm sure some people are eating breakfast right now. I didn't think they want it coming back up.

Sascha
11-17-2009, 11:47 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/Obama_Poster_Cowbell.gif

Hoitash
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Do you anything in Star Wars?

Sascha
11-17-2009, 12:08 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/stormtrooperintehrain.jpg

Hoitash
11-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Wow... Uh, thanks?

I don't remember any stormtroopers in Signin in the Rain...

Arkhemedes
11-17-2009, 12:38 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/Obama_Poster_Cowbell.gif
Obama, the unknown member of BOC.

tesral
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/stormtrooperintehrain.jpg

Too rich.

traesin
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I love it!

Sascha
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow... Uh, thanks?

I don't remember any stormtroopers in Signin in the Rain...
( How about: )

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/mylittlestormtrooper.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/mylittleleia.jpg

traesin
11-18-2009, 01:32 AM
okay where did you find those.

tesral
11-18-2009, 09:15 AM
I have seen them before. At least the ponies. Someone out there than does "interesting" things to ponies.

Hoitash
11-18-2009, 09:21 AM
AH! My brain! Need... brain bleach...

tesral
11-18-2009, 11:46 AM
AH! My brain! Need... brain bleach...

The my little Edward Scissor hands pony was different.

Sascha
11-18-2009, 11:57 AM
The my little Edward Scissor hands pony was different.
I really liked the My Little Rorschach. My Little Xenomorph is pretty danged kewl, also.

michael
11-24-2009, 08:53 AM
I set the Leia one as the background for my wife's PC! She loves My Little Ponies.

Sascha
11-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I set the Leia one as the background for my wife's PC! She loves My Little Ponies.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/chiyo-chanapproves.gif

michael
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I hope the rest of us all had as good of a Thanksgiving as we did!

Dr.Dead
11-28-2009, 11:30 AM
O Im posting, Im posting, I posting, Im posting, Im posting, Im posting.
Man I dont know what to post
ooo oooo ooo I know Im posting, Im posting, Im posting, Im posting.
no that does not make sense ooo ooo ooo I know

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

I had turkey, Green beans, jello and more, and after dinner we had ice cream, more jello, fudge, apple pie, pumkin pie, lemon marran pie.

mmmmmmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmmmm!!!

O Im still posting and posting and posting and posting.

O Im so board right now because Im waiting for D&D to start and get going.

But Im still Posting and posting and posting and posting and posting and posting and posting................:lol:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :lol::laugh:

Sascha
11-28-2009, 11:59 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/spock.png

Hoitash
11-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Very expressive for a creature of logic.

How do you post those anyway?

Soft Serve
11-28-2009, 07:06 PM

You push the buttons of course.

Hoitash
11-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Huh?

tesral
11-28-2009, 11:21 PM

If you have ever wondered how a Vulcan about to cough up a hairball looked...wonder no more.

Sascha
11-28-2009, 11:32 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/picture.jpg
--- Merged from Double Post ---

If you have ever wondered how a Vulcan about to cough up a hairball looked...wonder no more.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/facepalmfight.jpg

Arkhemedes
11-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, I guess that's a start to unraveling the mystery Sascha. Unfortunately, with my severe lack of computer skills, it has only left me with more questions than answers, such as: How the heck did you do that top picture?!?

Eh, don't bother answering though. It would probably be a lot like answering the question "How do you build an atomic bomb?" with "Very carefully". :rolleyes:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Who here on these boards would accept a life change (like being given a whole new life) if it was offered to you?

Sascha
11-29-2009, 12:28 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/changes.jpg

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
I started two more Sunday-Funday threads/polls for everyone's enjoyment.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif Share your Pearls of Wisdom with the rest of us. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14038

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif Who here on these boards would accept a life change? ... http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14035

Enjoy!

tesral
11-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Who here on these boards would accept a life change (like being given a whole new life) if it was offered to you?

Define change. Is that with or without hairballs?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-29-2009, 05:07 PM
It's your life, tesral. If you want to include hairballs, feel free to do so.

tesral
11-29-2009, 05:09 PM
It's your life, tesral. If you want to include hairballs, feel free to do so.

(twining fingers together.) The heartbreak of feathers....

Sascha
11-29-2009, 05:19 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/thedoctor.jpg

tesral
11-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Eventually Sascha (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/member.php?u=2009)'s head will explode.

Sascha
11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/nagatoshamisen.jpg

tesral
11-29-2009, 09:00 PM
And it will take the cat forever to clean up. Likely huck up a hairball in the middle of it.

Sascha
11-30-2009, 09:08 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/nagatoheadphonesavatar.jpg

tesral
11-30-2009, 09:12 AM
The problem with those huge eyes is they don;t leave much room for brains...

...or hairballs.

Sascha
11-30-2009, 09:42 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/nagatopunkd.jpg

traesin
12-01-2009, 02:22 AM
:rofl:

tesral
12-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious posting of old gamers lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From the screen surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Then from out the howling darkness, on the feet no sound did utter
In stepped a stately ebon cat silent walked right through my door.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched upon my chamber floor -
Crouched below a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Crouched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebon cat beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy head be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Whimsical and cutish kitten wandering from the nightly shore -
With that the cat crouched down and coughing, coughing coughing all the more.
Hacked a Hairball on the floor.

Much I frowned my face did mainly here to bear disgust so plainly,
Though its action little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Felt he was blessed with seeing cat upon his chamber floor -
Make that action that holds forth still no attraction
Hacking crouched before my door--

But the cat still crouching lowly on the soiled floor, sat only,
That one thing, as if his soul in that object he did outpour.
Nothing further did he utter - not a whisker twitch or fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Now I the rug must clean before -
On the morrow stains will leaved be, as with rugs I've known before.'
From the hairball on the floor.'

Startled at the cleanness broken by hairball in rug soaking,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it pukes is its only stock and store,
Coughed from some unhappy stomach, hair licked from the fur coat only
Hacked up fast and followed faster till its mass lay on my floor -
Till the dirges of my hope that melancholy burden bore
Of this hairball on my floor.

But the feline still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of cat and ball and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking why this curious cat did bore-
What this cat, come from the darkness, cold and dark, the windy gloom outside my door
Meant in puking on my floor'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the cat whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
Stinking hairball on the floor.

And the feline, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
Below the bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And hairball stain from out that carpet that lies soaking on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Sascha
12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/dejavu_nes_eu.jpg

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given.

- Gandalf to Frodo

Sascha
12-01-2009, 03:41 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/philosoraptor-thinks-about-food-ful.jpg

tesral
12-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I eat, therefore I am.

Arkhemedes
12-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I incinerate, therefore I am.

Sascha
12-01-2009, 05:32 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/fire.gif

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-01-2009, 05:50 PM
I eat, therefore I am.

Chicken feed doesn't count.

I incinerate, therefore I am.

Show-off!

Me: Almighty Thoth feeds off of magic. I feel your envy!

Hoitash
12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Sure, never any love for the Paladin. Or historians.

Sascha
12-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Sure, never any love for the Paladin. Or historians.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/benfranklin.jpg

Hoitash
12-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Well that's one down. Although he was a scientist and a diplomat, so maybe not. Eh, I'll take what I can get. At least until my Celebrity Capture Trap prototype has that snapping thing fixed.

tesral
12-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Chicken feed doesn't count.

I'm a carnivore. You should be so glad you are way, way passed your freshness date.

And yea, I incinerate too, better than he does.

Arkhemedes
12-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm a carnivore. You should be so glad you are way, way passed your freshness date.

And yea, I incarcerate too, better than he does.
I assume you mean incinerate as opposed to incarcerate. If that is the case, I suppose so, if you count self-immolation as incinerating.

On the other hand, if you do mean incarcerate. Yeah, I'm not big on taking captives. I'm a more of an 'eat and go' type.

tesral
12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I assume you mean incinerate as opposed to incarcerate. If that is the case, I suppose so, if you count self-immolation as incinerating.

On the other hand, if you do mean incarcerate. Yeah, I'm not big on taking captives. I'm a more of an 'eat and go' type.

Incinerate. People fixate on the whole 100 year thing. That is not the only fire I wield. I can make a dragon jealous in the burning things up department. A Greater Phoenix is something between Prime creature and elemental.

As to the latter, captives do have their uses.

Arkhemedes
12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Incinerate. People fixate on the whole 100 year thing. That is not the only fire I wield. I can make a dragon jealous in the burning things up department. A Greater Phoenix is something between Prime creature and elemental.

As to the latter, captives do have their uses.
True, true. Playing with your food can provide hours of entertainment.

Sascha
12-02-2009, 12:43 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/nagatotinyfoodart.jpg

traesin
12-03-2009, 01:59 AM
I just clean up after the dragons.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-03-2009, 08:37 AM
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Every one is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

Hoitash
12-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Yay Sammie and his revolutions in American literature!

And yet, my highest grade in my literature minor is a B-.

Sascha
12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/dickens.jpg

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Attention writers, check out this Thread & Poll: The Town Crier Screamith: The 4th Annual Short Story Deadline is near... (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14085)

Quote of the day: We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. -Winston Churchill

tesral
12-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Need a bigger shovel?

Datenshi_noh_Kai
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Xp :spy:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-03-2009, 05:18 PM
That's Kobolds work.

Arkhemedes
12-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Can you recommend anyone in my area? Cave could use some tidying up.

Sascha
12-03-2009, 07:26 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/haruhi-chanachakura.jpg

Hoitash
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I miss the quotes. Nice to see your expanding your horizons, though.

traesin
12-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Can you recommend anyone in my area? Cave could use some tidying up.
no sorry, and that's to big of a commute for me.

Soft Serve
12-05-2009, 12:37 AM
I miss the quotes. Nice to see your expanding your horizons, though.

I like the pictures more. I don't have to understand the reference to enjoy it.

I would also like if she actually talked...and provided normal input...CALL ME OLD FASHIONED:rolleyes::laugh::mad: << in that order...

Sascha
12-05-2009, 02:39 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/nyoron.jpg

Soft Serve
12-05-2009, 05:18 AM
...does not count.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.

-William A. Ward

Soft Serve
12-05-2009, 08:07 AM
I feel like I just responded to that.