PDA

View Full Version : Gen'Dai banned!!

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
So with the release of the Clone Wars CG we finally get the stats for Durge's species (as well as General Greviou's species too).

Now granted Durge is a min/maxed cyborg freak, but the stats for the average Gen'Dai are just asking to be abused, so I have used my power as GM to ban them from my game.

Anyone else have any thoughts or comments on the Gen'Dai?

Barrier Peaks
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Given the power of the Gen'Dai in the lore, there wasn't any reasonable way for me to create them as a balanced species. What's important is that the option is there for players and GMs alike.

That said, I don't think I'd let just any player take the role of a Gen'Dai character. It would have to be a player that wasn't motivated by the obvious power-gaming exploits that can take place. Plus, they're a rare and mysterious species, and allowing folks to play them willy nilly removes some of that mystique.

Gary

Webhead
02-02-2009, 08:53 PM
...Plus, they're a rare and mysterious species, and allowing folks to play them willy nilly removes some of that mystique...

Yep.

fmitchell
02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
I just read up on them on Wookieepedia.

... a seemingly immortal species with distributed nervous and vascular systems, which lacked bones. Lacking the vulnerable vital organs of most races, including brains, hearts, and lungs, Gen'Dai could take extreme injuries and even complete dismemberment, and survive.

Just how munchkin can a species without bones really be? They're practically Dralasites (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dralasite) without variable pseudopods. I mean, I'd rule that the average specimen without an exoskeleton is slow or feeble or both. Then again, we're talking Star Wars, not scientific plausibility.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Then again, we're talking Star Wars, not scientific plausibility.

Bingo! There is our physics and then there is Star Wars physics.

Either way, the in-game benefits that the species gets far outweighs the penalties, which are mostly roleplaying penalties.

Webhead
02-03-2009, 09:34 AM
...Either way, the in-game benefits that the species gets far outweighs the penalties, which are mostly roleplaying penalties.

Yes, just because it *can* be made a PC doesn't necessarily mean that it *should* be. There were more than a few species detailed in D6 that I would never ever allow as player characters...but then, they weren't designed as such, they were intended as NPCs.

cigamnogard
02-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Where is this race from in Star Wars?

Webhead
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Where is this race from in Star Wars?

Linkage:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gen%27Dai

cigamnogard
02-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Ah ha! Thanks!