PDA

View Full Version : In need of DM/GM!

Drazkathan
01-30-2009, 12:43 PM
We recently lost our DM, as he ran off to California. We're a group of 5 players all in our 20's. We have huge senses of humor and love a good RPG. We all play pretty much anything we can get our hands on, except 4E. None of us have tried it, and really don't have an interest to.

We're looking for a DM/GM to play whatever he/she wants... We're all trying our hands at DM'ing, but we love playing. We have a location we play, off of Custer near Renner, and we play on Sunday evenings. Anywhere from 4PM-1AM. Give or take an hour or so.

If you have an interest in DM/GM'ing. Let me know on the forums, or give me a call at 214-850-2496.

Drazkathan
02-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Just bumping. Anyone have an interest?

spotlight
02-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey, I just noticed this posting. I don't much care for D&D in itself, and don't even know any of the newer versions, including 3.5. However I do like PDQ, which is almost entirly role-play, and HeroGame's Fantacy Hero. And I do have a couple of homebrew worlds just laying around collecting dust, if your group is interested.

Rochin
02-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I would give it a go, but you guys are a ways from me. I also cannot host.

Drazkathan
03-02-2009, 12:24 AM
That sounds interesting Spotlight. I've never even heard of the game your talking about. Can you give me some links or explain the game, so I can explain it to the rest of them?

Edit: Just found and read up on the some of the stuff. It's much less rules heavy than 3.5. Let me run it by the rest of the guys and see what they think.

spotlight
03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
You found PDQ? Good. It is a simple matter to convert most things to that. It is simply a matter of discribing what you want for your character. And you have it. I like to run the majic spells on a level system. At average you get one spell level, at good, you get three spell levels, at expert you get six spell levels and at master you get nine spell levels. Which means that at master you can have a ninth level spell, or nine first level spells. or any where in between.

even better, majic swords and armour can be done the same way.

Rochin, we can find a place convient for all, perhaps.

As for the home brew world. It was designed way back with Ad&d. And is primarily human area. But the basic races are there. Some of the new combinations can be discovered, you might not be really human after all....
--- Merged from Double Post ---
OH, just in case you did not find PDQ (prose describtive quallities) look up Atomic Sock Monkey. I think there is a download right there. I was given a copy a couple of years ago.

Chris House
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
haydeehoo still looking for a Game master-?
don't know how it is working with spotlit?

spotlight
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Well, we could use Half Price Book Sellers room, with tables and chairs. They are open till 11:00 each night. And for those who need it, the one on northwest highway is on bus route 428. easy to get to. Several p&pg'ers used to meet there regularly. And I think other gamers still do. Saturday's best for me. Tell me what you think guys!

Omegaman
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I love to GM, but I am in Arlington, so not a good fit. If you all suddenly decide to move down here, :) then I am the guy.

Drazkathan
03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry it's been a while. Just got back from vacation.

I talked to the other guys and, unfortunately they didn't find any interest in the system. I find it rather kool, but it's a consensus besides myself.

Chris House, what did you have in mind?

Chris House
03-26-2009, 03:03 AM
we are gaming on every other sunday game in hackmaster a throwback to AD&D 2ND EDITION.
WE ALSO PLAY cONAN 3.5
Second age of Atlantise
mutants and master minds- wildcards
Traveller
and FTL NOW
AND BASIC FANTASY
BUT CURRENTLY its hackmaster and its a blast- so far we are waiting to find out if our pixie fairy has not gotten him self in a lot of orc temperatured water by running off by him self looking for the torch bearer!
hehehehe

Drazkathan
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Haha, nice.

Sounds like you've already got a group. We're already 5 people, so I don't know if we could join a current game.

Just let me know. We'd prefer to get it going at one of the members house and on Sunday nights.

Chris House
03-29-2009, 10:56 AM
well yes I do have a group " small as it may be" but I need a larger one!
attrition and professional obligations keep the current group at three strong even though initually we started with six!

if we merged the two groups togather, we could have eight players and to compermise we can alternate between locations. Sense I am busy remodeling my own home.

trust me with the number of years of experience, eight is easy it! It's when it hits 20 players, that it starts getting hard !

my style is inutitive spontanous and responsive with me setting up the enviroment and then letting the player play in it. not react to it! or be channelled into a premade adventure.

I am welling to re kick the game because we are only one in! this sunday is our second session, i am having to switch to a lighter system" d20ish called the Omni-system with the second age of atlantis. Hackmaster is proving to be it inflixible system for just three players. <yes I could modifier the heck out of it, but I do not have the time for that much home work!>
at 3 pm to 10 pm

call and send a few scouts
214-501-3952
2300 briarwood dr
plano 75074
chris House
:biggrin:

Drazkathan
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Alright, will do. If it's every other Sunday, we could keep a game we've got going, as well.

Let me take it up with the others and we'll see how it goes!

By the way, I think any of us knows hackmaster or the other system, but we've all had RPG experience and we'd be fast learners.

Chris House
03-31-2009, 03:53 PM
what game do you currently have going?
as can you go into detail or can you call me and tell me about it?:confused:

Drazkathan
04-29-2009, 01:40 AM
That worked out, kinda.

Well, the group decided to give 4th a try. We have the core books and a couple peripherals. Would there happen to be a 4th ed GM out there interested in our little group?

Webhead
05-08-2009, 12:19 AM
So, Drak, what's your group looking like now (in terms of number of players, location and game of choice)?

I'm pretty close to you and may be interested if you are still in need of a GM though if I did it would not be 4E (or any edition of D&D actually). Probably something more like Star Wars D6, Deadlands Reloaded or Cyberpunk 2020 (no previous play experience required).

Let me know if you are interested.

Cantankerous DM
05-08-2009, 10:29 AM
If you decide to try out 4e, let me know. Running three groups currently (Tabletops in Wylie and Plano, Online at Barrok's Tower).

DMrrostarr
05-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm a DM in Rowlett looking for mature players to get involved in a 3.5 D&D game. We use the Pathfinder setting but have no intention of using Pathfinder rules. We mostly use 3.5 rules with a few houserules.

We are looking for players who can put roleplaying to the front. Powergamers and min-maxers need not apply. I like to run a 65% RP game and 35% combat game.

For more info, please email me at rrostarr@yahoo.com and put D&D in subject line. Thanks.

-Ron