PDA

View Full Version : NJ North - Wayne, NJ DM LFP for new 4e game

NyteSkie
01-30-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm looking to see if there is any interest in the Northern Jersey area for a new 4e campaign. The game will most likely be set in the implied setting and/or Forgotten Realms. I've not gotten much farther than than, as I want to see if there is any interest before I develop any plotlines, background material, etc.

Post or send a message if interested...thanks all!

Talbot
02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Interested. How many do you have for group already? Around what age are players?

NyteSkie
02-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Definite - no players, just a DM. I may have one or two possible players who could come intermittently, but nothing certain.

I am 30, so I am looking to keep the group at or around that age. That said, I will give anyone who's interested a fair shake to see if they're a good fit for the group.

Talbot
02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Am in my 40s, so that is why I asked. Would be interested. Please send me a personal message to discuss further.

floodriptide
02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I'd certainly be interested, I probably have another player who would be interested as well, we both live in Wanaque, NJ and are 37 and 36 (as far as that pertains to the age question.)

I currently am in a campaign on alternating Sundays (doing the H1-H3 module series at H3 currently), so as long as it does not conflict I'd be eager to get some more game time in. I also periodically DM RPGA LFR games in Fairlawn, but that is a low priority and shouldn't interfere.

I prefer the Points of Light default setting, but am not adverse to FR, Eberon or Planes settings.

NyteSkie
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
That would make three...any other takers? At this point, I am ok with putting a little more time into fleshing out a campaign idea, which I will try to develop and post tonight or tomorrow, if at all possible. Thanks for the interest.

NyteSkie
02-05-2009, 08:15 AM
As promised, albeit somewhat belated, here are a few more details about what I plan:

-The campaign would be approximately bimonthly on alternating weekends, generally Saturday or Sunday night, as determined by scheduling. Late Friday may also be a possibility, depending on the needs of the group. I will set an initial schedule and deviate from that schedule only on an as-needed basis.
-I will run the campaign for as few as four players or as many as six, myself not included in that number. At any given session, I will run a game for as few as three players, myself not included.
-The campaign will take place primarily in the implied 4e setting, although planar mishaps do happen...I will be running a mix of adventures published in Dungeon magazine, official sourcebooks, and homebrew adventures.
-Characters rules can be drawn from any official source, including the core books, supplements, and/or Dragon & Dungeon magazine.
-Players would be expected to provide some background for their characters.
-House rules may be implemented on an as-needed or as-desired basis, although generally not without warning, if necessary.

I'll post additional details as I think of them or as questions are asked. Again, as of now we have three possible players, and perhaps more. Once I can confirm that we have four players, we can begin to address scheduling and initial meetups.

txdadu
02-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi,

I live in Queens but could definitely make it to Wayne easily on a bi-monthly basis. I'm 33 and would love to get involved in a 4th edition game.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thanks,

Rob

tellis
02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
i am interested and i am in my 40s, and would probably bring another player along. i am used to the ancient 3rd ed. but have played 4th edition once but i would like to get fluent in 4th, i am a quick learner in game situations, and have never held back the group before but i thought i would mention it. i tend to play clerics and mages but can play any, whatever the group needs to move the story along.

Talbot
02-11-2009, 05:29 AM
So we seem to have enough players. What next?

NyteSkie
02-11-2009, 08:13 AM
It seems that we have a potential full house. Thank you all for your interest.

Next, I would like to schedule a meet up close to where I will be running our campaign in Wayne. I will send a private message to the interested parties shortly to begin the discussion. I look forward to talking with you all...thanks again!

davidkain
02-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey folks,

I'm a 26-year old resident of Mahwah, NJ and I was wondering if this game is still open, or if I missed the boat.

I have some experience with 4e (in an online game I ran a few months ago), and I'm excited for more!

Feel free to PM.

Thanks!

JE472
03-28-2009, 08:17 PM
hope i'm not too late. judging by the replies to your post you should have a solid group of gamers by now. i'm 36 (will be 37 next sun), live in the bronx and looking to join a 4e group. i will pm my e-mail address. if you have a spot open i would love to see if i'm a good fit. thanx

Michael_J
06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I would really like to play, but I don't know if I am ready for a group this size. I live in Sparta, which is fairly close, but I am extremely new to the game. I have only ever played 1 game, a little less than a week ago.

I do have my own character (not a pre-gen) and my own dice. I just didn't feel right fingering another man's polyhedrals.

ajpfox
06-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey all,

Your game sounds like what I've been looking for and I'd be interested in playing. Sadly, I'm out of the country for school right now - so I'd need to connect with you all via something like skype or openrpg. If you're that desperate for players let me know!

NyteSkie
06-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Just wanted to clarify for any reading this thread - at this point, we do have a full house. Should the situation change, I will be sure to post here, in addition to getting in touch with those who've previously expressed interest.

Thanks again to all for your interest, and good gaming!

NyteSkie
04-19-2010, 03:44 PM
We're about a year into the game now, and so far it's been a blast. Unfortunately, time has changed circumstances for some of our group...but the good news is that means I have a spot open for a new player!

As the title of the thread implies, we're playing 4e D&D at my home in Wayne, NJ. We are currently in the heroic tier playing through the Scales of War adventure path. We run every other week on Sundays from 12:30 until around 5 or so, although we can vary by as much as an hour depending on what's happening that day. The adventure path is primarily combat-oriented, although there are a good number of skill challenges and some opportunities for roleplaying.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks all!

twostepjohnny
03-15-2014, 11:20 AM
We're about a year into the game now, and so far it's been a blast. Unfortunately, time has changed circumstances for some of our group...but the good news is that means I have a spot open for a new player!

As the title of the thread implies, we're playing 4e D&D at my home in Wayne, NJ. We are currently in the heroic tier playing through the Scales of War adventure path. We run every other week on Sundays from 12:30 until around 5 or so, although we can vary by as much as an hour depending on what's happening that day. The adventure path is primarily combat-oriented, although there are a good number of skill challenges and some opportunities for roleplaying.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks all!

It has only been 4 years - spot still open? :p

I've been playing a long time but have been away from gaming for a few years. I would like to get back into gaming if there is room in your group. If you're looking for a player, PM me with your quests to prove my worth (please note that "wash my car" doesn't really count as a quest unless it is stuck in a cave with a troll).