PDA

View Full Version : Southside Chicago or Suburbs Looking to start game group

gambler
01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
So basically I am posting and putting this out there to see if I can get some responses. I just joined pen and paper I am looking for a group for D&D 3.5 or 4 th edition or a ShadowRun group. Best days for me are Sunday Monday evening or Tuesday Evening anything after 4pm. If anyone in the area has a group looking for players. We need a DM and a few more players. Or if you have room for 2-3 more players in your current group. I would be willing to Co-DM or switch off with someone as soon as I grasp the rules again as I have been away from D&D for a long time. Well I hope there are some players and or DM looking to start a group.

Chgowiz
01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I wish you were a bit closer to the Des Plains/Mt Prospect area - we're running a 1E group and can always use an extra player. We just kicked off last weekend.

gambler
01-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Yea I saw that post I am just getting back into it and you guys play about an hour away. I might come check it out one night just for kicks. Who knows though if nothing else comes up I might just have to travel a little further.

Chgowiz
01-28-2009, 03:49 PM
The next game looks to be the second weekend in Feb. We're not sure if it'll be a Friday or Sunday, one of the two. (Saturday is off limits as it's Valentines and as my wife said in her Darth Vaderess voice 'I find your lack of remembering V'day disturbing...')

I'll keep updating the thread on my "Unnamed Game" :)

oldrobotsneverrust
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
I live in Midlothian and would be willing to DM. Could possibly bring an additional 2-3 players. Wednesdays preferably, though. 3.5e most likely, though I could jive with 4e. My feelings are still iffy about 4e.

What say you to that sir?

gambler
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey That sounds good. I sent you a PM also about contacting me. Please check out my post in the Chicagland gamers forum area for southside games. This is the Link:
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=98

I am going to get all the players to register here so we can use this for communication and post any updates for our group. I would like to find out what kind of campaign you are looking to DM and also some info about your players and I can give you info on the other players I have been talking with. Looking forward to talking.
Shootthisone@aol.com is my email

SilentSword
06-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Are you still looking for players? I live in Orland Park and am interested in playing 3.5 or 4e.

gambler
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Yes we are currently still looking for players. We lost our DM and I was Dm'ing for a few friends we have a group that consists of some newer players but are alot of fun.

Kinie
06-09-2009, 04:42 AM
Yes we are currently still looking for players. We lost our DM and I was Dm'ing for a few friends we have a group that consists of some newer players but are alot of fun.

If you are still looking for some players, I live in the suburbs, have some experience with 3.5 and 4e, and could also try and help as a rotating DM. I admit I have little experience with DM'ing itself, but I'm willing to learn. I've crafted a few beginnings for a campaign and just need players willing to let me learn on the fly.

gambler
06-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Sounds like we could work something out. We are still deciding on a day to play and stuff so just get back to me and we can talk some more details.

blacksheep
06-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Still looking for players? And if so, did you decide on 3.5 or 4?

Bronz
06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I just joined PnPGamers and saw this. I live in Oak Lawn myself and am looking for a game. I'd be happy to co-DM as I've DM'd for quite a bit. I'd really prefer 4e over 3.5...but the game and atmosphere is most important.

Are you looking at a game to happen weekday evenings?

gambler
06-25-2009, 03:29 PM
We are still looking for players and someone to DM full time or people that are interested in rotating once and a while. The game is held in Oak Lawn at my home. We do not have a day to play ironed out yet we are still working on it. I would be willing to host more than one game a week if we get enough players on 2 different days as it seems more interest is forming. We have been playing 3.5 but if one group wanted to play 4E thats fine I have played a few sit ins with 4E. I prefer 3.5 myself but its all good. The group make-up is adults over 18 I am the eldest as of now at 32. I am new to Dm position but I have good idea's and alot of materials for running a game. You can Email me directly at Shootthisone @aol.com if interested in meeting up and playing. I will be on vacation starting July til mid July so I can play almost any day or night if we can put a game or 2 together in that time span. Right Now we looked at Thursday nights and Friday nights 5 or 6 pm till about 9-10 pm so we a re looking at 3-4 hour sessions depending on peoples work schedules. I can also do other days and AM games for those who work nights or 2pm-10pm shifts. Lets get something going.

Bronz
07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I would be interested in checking this out Gambler...I am also 29, so right with you in age. I would highly prefer a 4e campaign, and as mentioned, can also DM. However I would definitely prefer alternating in the dm seat, as I would like to play as a single character as well.

Maybe we can work something out here?

gogogadgetwaffle
07-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Hi. Old school player, 1st and 2nd ed, who hasn't played in years looking to get back into the hobby. I'd be interested in playing, maybe running, a 4th ed game on Fridays and/or Saturdays. I don't live too far from Oak Lawn so travel is not an issue.

I might be interested in day games also since I work a second shift job during the week. Email me at gogogadgetwaffle@gmail.com if you still have anything open.

gambler
07-14-2009, 12:59 AM
We are still looking for players for this game we have not set an exact date and I have sent some emails out to people repling to this thread. We are looking to play 3.5 but might do a 4E game on another night for all the 4E players that have responded. I am mixed on 4E I think it needs work still but who am I just a peon in the D&D world. I am not going to get into a battle over which is better anyhow in this thread. So players looking to play 3.5 or 4E please feel free to post in here we are trying to work out a day and time that works for everyone. We are looking for people to rotate in and out as DM's also for the games. The game is still in Oak Lawn and we are talking about doing a weekday night and maybe doing a weekend 4E game also. So please contact me with any questions.

We are currently looking into a Friday night 4E game

We would like to do 3.5 on possibly Thursday or we used to play on Monday and it worked well but depends on availibilty of the whole group. Wednesday and Tuesday do not work with the other players in the group.

Bronz
07-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Just reiterating my interest, but any weekend day is out for me, for a regular scheduled game anyhow. Has to be Mon-Thursday.

Jallorn
08-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Posting interest. I live in Beverly, although I'd probably be the youngest player of the group. Monday would be difficult for me with school and all, but I do really want to join a group. Friday would be much better, but I understand if there are problems with that, and I can make monday work well enough. My vote is cast towards 3.5 if that's still undecided.

danmp19
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I have played both, and would be up for a 3.5 or 4e game anytime Monday through Friday, but preferably in evening. Please drop me a message if still looking for players. propsterdm@hotmail.com. Thanks, Dan

Zaskar24
08-21-2009, 07:41 PM
I live in Oak Lawn myself and would like to get back into a 3.5E game if there are still openings. I am available pretty much any night of the week after 5pm unless we get busy at work. I am also right up there in age with everyone, ok so at 39 a little older. My gaming experience goes back to AD&D 1E which I started playing over 26 years ago.

Scott

-Crash-
08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Just like before, I'm always down for some D&D! Send me a PM or an email if you get some people. It would be cool to start another group up again :biggrin:.

voodoozombie
08-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm also intrested in a 3.5E game.IF you still need players please let me know. I live in the Oak Lawn area not to far way. Weekdays during the evening are good times for me. Please pm me or drop me an email at voodoozomble@yahoo.com.