PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Invitation Forum:

notquite00
01-24-2009, 01:45 PM
It'd be great if there was a sticky encouraging people to post in the Subject Line the city they're starting the game in.

spotlight
01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
That is an intresting thought. However, I usually know whether they're near or far by whomever started the thread originally. Although, I have seen several that have put the city in the subject anyway.

You are correct, it would help some of us to note calls in our home towns much more quickly and easily.

Farcaster
01-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I could actually parse out that information from the address in the campaign invite and add it without the person needing to remember to put it in the subject line.

cplmac
01-24-2009, 09:31 PM
As long as the city in the the campaign invitation is the actual city that the game will be played in. I will give my own game as an example. Although I am in Acme, the game meetings are actually in Monroeville. That is why I noted that in the campaign invitation. I always thought that if there was no notation otherwise, the game would be in the city where the person who posted it, resides.

Etarnon
01-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Agreed, plus also there are online games, that need no city.

Convention of the WOTC forums is to list STATE - CITY - GAME SYSTEM - DAYS

PA - PITTSBURGH - Traveller - Fridays

Farcaster
01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
The difference is that at the WotC forums, you can't actually search by geocoded locations. Here you can. When you post a campaign invite, there is a section to include the actual address of where the game will be played. It does not assume that it is at your residence.

cplmac
01-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Was wondering if there is any way to edit information about a campaign invitation. I know that when I first posted my campaign, I used my home address, since that was what I had to go with at the time. Now that we have a group going, it would be nice to be able to list the actual address of the game. Unless I am overlooking it, there isn't a way to edit campaign invitation information.

Farcaster
01-26-2009, 05:44 AM
Just edit your first post.

cplmac
01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Just edit your first post.

I had forgotten about being able to do that. Maybe I can use the excuse of not having to really update any thing on the invitation for quite awhile. Yeah, yeah! That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :doh:

exhominem
04-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Is anyone else having trouble figuring out how to only search for online games? It used to be really easy to do...

I. J. Thompson
04-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Is anyone else having trouble figuring out how to only search for online games? It used to be really easy to do...

I'm with you. I'm sure it must be easy, but I just can't figure it out! :confused:

cplmac
04-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes, you should be able to do an Advanced Search. It is under the Search Forum, which should be towards the right and just above where the threads for that forum are located. Under the Advanced Search type in online games.

Syllven
05-13-2010, 07:34 PM
you can do an advanced search but its useless for the campaign invitations. Its great to find every game that features elves in the subject lines or something like that but if you wanna see online games, sorry cant do it, if you wanna see what games are played on Mondays sorry cant do it.
Since the new code went in there is no useful functionality in the campaign invitations area any more. Its too bad too cause it was the sites best feature imo

I. J. Thompson
05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Could an 'online' option be added to the 'max distance' dropdown? Or could an 'Online: Yes/No' dropdown be added?

I agree that the Advanced Search route just ain't happenin'. :(

Farcaster
05-14-2010, 12:24 AM
I.J, you'll find a number of options, some new, added to the search box in the Campaign Invitations thread as of today.

I. J. Thompson
05-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Holy moly, man... nice work! :)

cplmac
05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
I will presume that it appears this particular problem has been eliminated by Farcaster's additions to the search capabilities. Big win for everyone.

l_c_jackson
06-10-2014, 05:19 AM
How can I remove all my (out-of-date) campaign invitations from the map? I can't seem to find them through any search, however advanced!

Thanks in advance.

Farcaster
06-10-2014, 03:11 PM
You should be able to delete them from the forum -- or set the LFP flag to No.

l_c_jackson
06-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Sorry Robert, I don't understand.

I am using the following menus and options:

find players> compatible player search> select 10 mile radius> search now

Map shows my (out of date) campaign invitations as blue pins.
Clicking on the map only displays the details, there is no edit/delete option even though I posted them (I forget how!) and I am logged in as myself.

Where can I find a way to delete them? I'm afraid you will need to give a bit more detail, as I'm only an occasional user of this excellent web site.

Many thanks.