PDA

View Full Version : Toon the PBP anyone?

Anaesthesia
01-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Since my d20Modern game (on another site) is slowly dying, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Toon game. I was re-reading the Tooniversal Tour Guide, and I think the rule for Falling Down in that book would work for a PBP (Falling down would take 3 move actions instead of lasting 3 minutes).

I would love to do a "spoof" game (by this I mean spoofing DnD or Star Wars or whatever), but the Tooniversal book would be needed for character creation.

I would be open to doing any type of cartoon series (ie, Sci-fi (Jetsons), semi-semi-historical (Flintsones)) or anything inbetween.

I'll post more if there is any interest.

spotlight
01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Cute! I haven't seen Toon in 15 years. Thought it was very hilarious. As for a spoof .... Hey, wait, I thought it already was? mind spining, bending, Help, I think I'm turning into a tune, dune, spoon!!! Oh, well, dumb joke while it lasted.

Anaesthesia
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, the spoofs I was referring to were Toonquest and Toon Wars. (They have many spoofs, in addition to the run of the mill cartoon type series/campaigns.)

Webhead
01-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Color me interested. I've got both Toon and the Tooniversal Tour Guide. One of my favorite games I never play. Tell me more!

Anaesthesia
01-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Glad to see one person interested. Usually I'll do an "Anything Goes" type series, so I'll hold out to see if there's any others interested before cracking open the Tooniversal Guide and doing a spoof. (Sticking to the 4d6, 30 skill pts and 1 Schtick until further notice)

Webhead
01-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Also of note, my copy of Toon is the deluxe edition (red cover) printing which was expanded to include all the material from Toon Silly Stuff, Son of Toon and Toon Strikes Again. I'm not sure which printing you have An, but if you don't have the deluxe and need to know about anything in it, just let me know.

Anaesthesia
01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
I have the deluxe edition, too, thanks for the offer though!

Webhead
01-25-2009, 11:58 AM
I have the deluxe edition, too, thanks for the offer though!

:thumb:

Anaesthesia
01-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey Web, is there anything in Toon-world you'd like to do? (As animator, I vote for Toonquest, but I'm open to suggestions.) Noobs to the game really like the "anything goes" episodes I do, generally going from sci-fi to way out west and anything in between.

Webhead
01-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey Web, is there anything in Toon-world you'd like to do? (As animator, I vote for Toonquest, but I'm open to suggestions.) Noobs to the game really like the "anything goes" episodes I do, generally going from sci-fi to way out west and anything in between.

I'm not too picky, so whatever wackiness you lay out should be fine. I'm a fan of the Warner Bros. "anything goes" style as well, be it from episode to episode or even within a single episode itself (this is a cartoon we're talking about...traditional logic does not apply). So, just let me know what ideas you're cooking up if you want some feedback on them, but I'll be happy with whatever strikes your fancy.

Anaesthesia
01-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Hey Web.

There is a forum set up ("Gathering Nuts"), I'm posting the character sheets, so you just need to type stuff in. We may eventually get into the Tooniversal stuff (when that happens I'll let everyone know..).

So, 4d6, 30 skill points, 2 Schticks Maximum..

Webhead
01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Web.

There is a forum set up ("Gathering Nuts")...

I like it already! :D

Question: Are you doing 4d6 in order or 4d6 assigned as desired?

Anaesthesia
01-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I like it already! :D

Question: Are you doing 4d6 in order or 4d6 assigned as desired?

Assign as desired.