PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for a group

Cboat1975
01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone, my name is Chris. I'm a 33yr old in the Carrollton TX area, who is very new to this type of gaming, however I'm very interested in learning and looking for a group that would not mind a newbie to tag along. If you are this type of group, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

Webhead
01-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the boards and welcome to the world of RPGs. I actually work in Carrollton, so I'm in that area most every day. There are a number of folks in the Dallas area on these boards so make sure you take a look around, especially at the player registry.

My group may have a seat opening soon and if so, I will let you know.

Best of luck in finding a game in the meantime.

So, tell us a little bit about yourself.

Cboat1975
01-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Not for sure what to say. Hmm, as you know I'm 33yrs old. I'm happily married, have a awesome wife and step daughter. I live and work in Carrollton,TX . I love to write.
I have always been a big fan of D and D however never played it, but have always wanted to.
I love playing RP games, but have only played them threw video games like (The Elder Scrolls series, and Fable 2) never in real life or pen to paper type games.
I'm looking to get into D&D or a D&D type of game, I love medieval themes, horror and si-fi.

Well I hope that has helped some ;)

Chris

Webhead
01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Not for sure what to say. Hmm, as you know I'm 33yrs old. I'm happily married, have a awesome wife and step daughter.

Congrats. I am also happily married and with 2 step children.

I've played some of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and my brother has Fable 2, though I've not gotten to play it yet for more than a few minutes.

If you liked the Elder Scrolls series, you will probably like Fallout 3, assuming you haven't already been playing it.

Chris House
01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi my name is Chris and I am . . . .well any way I have a hack master game with my teens and their friends who are learning to game.
we are in east Plano and play every Saturday night, hack master is Advance Dungeons and dragons on steroids and its immensely crunchy!

contact me @ 214-501-3952
area_51_games@tx.rr.com

Cboat1975
01-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Congrats. I am also happily married and with 2 step children.

I've played some of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and my brother has Fable 2, though I've not gotten to play it yet for more than a few minutes.

If you liked the Elder Scrolls series, you will probably like Fallout 3, assuming you haven't already been playing it.

Yeah, I'm playing Oblivion now. My wife got me and my step daughter a x box 360 for Christmas and that is one of the first games we got with Fable 2, they are both awesome.

Hi my name is Chris and I am . . . .well any way I have a hack master game with my teens and their friends who are learning to game.
we are in east Plano and play every Saturday night, hack master is Advance Dungeons and dragons on steroids and its immensely crunchy!

contact me @ 214-501-3952
area_51_games@tx.rr.com

And hey Chris, nice to have met you. Sounds pretty awesome, I will have to look that game up and give you a call or e-mail you.

GoddessGood
01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Heyas Chris :) we've got an opening in our every-other-saturday Exalted game in Richardson. It's got more of a fantasy feel than a medieval feel, but I gotta say I love the game and have been gming and playing it since 2004. We're very newb friendly, too. Maybe you'd like to meet up and chat about it sometime? We've got a session coming up this weekend, actually.

Chris House
01-27-2009, 11:30 AM
hey for those who are looking for players and gmae masters in the local area we should like all get togather and meet. maybe see if we mesh and see what games we can get or groups we can form.
there is also the rpg meetup and DnD meet up in the are too!

check them out at meet up dot COM"
BE COOL to Luke he had a hard night!