PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Masaru Accademy

Lucian-Sunaka
01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Alright, I was given the thumbs up for this by the head guy, so lets hope I was clear enough in my explanation that I'm not wrong in putting this up here.

(How I wish I could have more than one Genre or none at all! It fits somewhat more into super heroic than any others, but it draws heavily on fantasy and quite a lot on sci-fi as well.)

Welcome to Masaru Accademy

In this online, play-by-post rpg, you are a student at the institution by that name; a school for the gifted people of the world to develop their talents and giftings, growing into the powerful warriors and mages they have the potential to become.

As an rpg in and of itself, your free to do as you wish (It is not a campaign based game, though occasional site events may play out in that basic style to a degree.) Nearly any power or ability you could possibly want your character to have is availiable, at first in a toned down, balanced level, and over time characters gain additional spells/moves/powers based on the classes they take and both the quality of their posts and their level of activity.

Its a very balanced environment, with room for virtually limitless creative freedom in your character's capabilities. The only stat employed is HP, with a base damage to attacks and varying moves and abilities augmenting that.

So far my players have been very happy with the game, and most pour themselves into their characters more intently with the focus on quality than they have in prior games of similar type, and I intend to maintain that record of excellent site management.

Hope to see you there :)

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Masaru_Accademy/index.php

Anazaxi
01-20-2009, 10:44 PM
hey, this looks alright but i'm not too sure....this description seems a bit prettied up, could you give me some details as if i were going to join this?

Lucian-Sunaka
01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Alright, there are 10 basic paths for the character, what DnD and most rpg's would call "classes." Each of them with their own perks etc.

Once they've chosen their path, the player will select 5 classes from the list for their character to take as a student. Those classes will determine where their new moves/spells/powers that they learn over time come from.

To begin play, the average character has 2 starting powers, these can be virtually anything you want, from the ability to fly (which will have limits of some form to prevent aerial invincibility), to having an effective class, to some kind of special technique or spell. These abilities have nothing to do with your chosen classes, and are often used to shore up some areas those classes can't easily cover.

Anything else you'd like to know? It's a little difficult to answer such broad and generic questions, but I'm happy to help however I can.

Anodyzed
01-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I went over and looked it over. I'm impressed with the expanse and detail you have there. You've put a lot of prep into it.

Lucian-Sunaka
01-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah, that I did. Its a pretty indepth game. I can't take all the credit, a friend of mine came up with the basic skeleton, the setting area basically (all those locations and such, his doing.) The rest though, the combat system, the character's learning process, all that was my design.

Are either of you two interested in joining? If you've got any more questions feel free to lay them on me.

hueloovoo
01-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Looks interesting, I'll go take a looksie!

nijineko
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
i'll go take a look myself. i'll eventually get back with comments.

Lucian-Sunaka
01-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Hello peoples, I'm sorry about the earlier error message that was hitting people, there was a server crash, but everything is up and running now. Thanks for the interest guys, things are kind of slowed at the moment but should pick up soon, especially with so many new players kicking things back into full motion.

cplmac
01-22-2009, 10:16 AM
See and just like that, you are getting inquiries about the game. Just be sure to put a notation if you get to the point where there isn't any more room for additional players.

Also, when you say that you got the go ahead from the head guy, I hope that you meant Farcaster. He is the founder and Administrator of the site.

nijineko
01-22-2009, 12:27 PM
interesting ideas. i don't think i would fit in too well as a student, however. ^^ more information on the theology and cosmology would be nice, too.

Lucian-Sunaka
01-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Not a problem Nejineko, I'd be happy to fill you in on all that information and more. I sent you a PM requesting some clarification on the question, and once I get that I'll respond in here where it can benefit everybody with my response.

Lucian-Sunaka
04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, I know this is kind of thread necromancy, but I've got my game back and running strong, the more the merrier. (I'm assuming a reply after this long won't be auto-merged, if it is I'm calling my lawyer *cough* I mean conning a friend into replying lmao)

Anyways, by all means feel free to ask me any questions you might have, on this thread is better because it'll draw more attention, but PM's are cool too. We'd love to have you guys.

Nocturne
04-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Hmmm X-men and Harry Potter had a love child? And it has big eyes and cat ears?

Lucian-Sunaka
04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
LMAO, I guess that does kind of accurately describe it, but you've gotta throw in a bit of starwars too, the tech available in this game is pretty high level if you look for it, and we just had a jedi join a few days ago.

Kozsey
04-29-2009, 01:09 AM
This does look interesting, but I am caught up in character creation. I got thru the class and path alright but the powers stump me. I tried looking for a guide or rules on the site but could not find much. I know you can create your own powers but how weak/strong are they supposed to be? For example a healing power how many times can I use it and how much can I heal for?

Lucian-Sunaka
04-30-2009, 04:25 AM
There's kind of a give and go with the starting powers my friend. You post what you want them to do, and then the staff will refine that to fit the appropriate power scale.

I'm sorry I haven't taken care of your bio yet, with my grandpa in the hospital it's been a tumultuous past few days, and it's likely going to get worse, but I will do my best to help out however I can.

But yeah, just come up with whatever you want for your powers and I'll smooth them out for you. (Btw, are you a naruto fan? If you are I think it's pretty obvious where your powers were inspired by lol)
--- Merged from Double Post ---
By the way, here's one thing I neglected to mention in my last post, feel free to start roleplaying if you wish, it's a cool character. Just try to avoid fights until we get your powers taken care of.

shujin
06-01-2009, 02:25 PM
bump for justice

Cardboard Tube Knight
06-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Is this game still looking for people to play?

Lucian-Sunaka
06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
We're always looking for more players my friend. I doubt I'd close the doors before we reached at least 30 active players. (though around 30 sounds like about the max I'd want lol)

There's lots of room for any of you guys, if you've got any questions, feel free to ask. My PM box is always open for communication, though it might be best to ask in here instead, so the public can benefit.