PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4th Campaign (East Dallas/Rowlett)

nightshade
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
An established group in Rowlett (East Dallas area) is looking for 1-2 more solid players to join our Forgotten Realms 4th edition campaign and to join our permanent gaming group. This campaign is being built from scratch based upon what our players decide to build their profile around (not the stat build of the character but the roleplaying elements such as character history, goals, motivations, etc.)

Our games are heavy roleplay mixed with combat. We are not looking for "Fighter #10" players but someone who actually likes building a living breathing hero (or villain) that has an active part in the world we create. Our roleplay scenes are just as rewarding and deadly as the combat (maybe more) and so if you do not like being put in a situation where your character could affect the course of nations just by an action or words this is probably not the game for you, but if you thrive on such scenes then great rewards and enjoyment will be gained for all.

We typically run House Rules that add to roleplay and allow your first characters to be more powerful than norm as an incentive to want to keep them active in the game/story (HATE cannon fodder playstyle).

We would prefer players with GM experience because those players are typically not "all about me" players since they have had to deal with the needs of others to make a great game. Someone who studies the rules (doesn't have to be a lawyer just will put work into an ACCURATE character without having to babysit) is a must.

Our group likes to have a good time and laugh like everyone does but we also want players who try to stay in character and keep the "out of game" talk to a minimum.

MOST IMPORTANT TO JOINING OUR GROUP: Be responsive and scheduled. We have lost many players primarily due to the fact that they are unable to let us know when/if they can game. We understand that everyone has things going on (some of us are married with kids) but it's not hard to respond to an email or call and let us know you will not make it...and I don't mean 10mins before game time (emergencies exception of course). We also game in clean homes and like people who appreciate that.

Webhead
01-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi there. I am apparently just on the other side of Hwy 66 from where you guys game (if the location in the thread is the place where you all play), so I am interested in the possibility of joining your group and possibly having a meet-and-greet to get some more information about the game and get names and faces. If you need any information from me in the meantime, feel free to ask. I will drop you a PM as well.

Kurtomatic
01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Howdy,

I am a longtime GM whose usual suspects have become a bit moribund of late; the 4E release hasn't helped, since not everyone is on board yet. My main problem, however, has been time commitments, so I totally understand your problem.

I don't have a campaign prepared right now, and I'd really like to try playing from the shiny side of the DM screen for a while. I joined a pick-up group off of ENWorld last summer, but once again, changing work schedules put the kibosh on that group.

FR works great for me, since that's the one setting I don't buy/read as a GM. I so seldom get to just play that I read almost everything without concern for spoilers! So fair warning, I have a DDI subsciption, I read many of the boards & blogs, and I tend to filter my RPG reading as a GM out of habit. :smokin:

I'm in central Plano; the tollway makes Rowlett a reasonable commute. If you still have an opening, please let me know what kind of scheduling commitments you need so I can evaluate my own availability.

Cheers,
Kurt

GoddessGood
01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I would also be interested in joining, actually. I've not played D&D in a while, but I'm a quick learner. I've run an alternate saturday group in Richardson myself, but you're pretty close to me, too. When do you game? I've been interested in "re-trying" D&D since the last time I played it I was 13 and it was 2nd edition :) . I'd also love to have a go as a player. In my last group we would round-robin GM so everyone got a turn, and I miss the playing and character development.

Also, gotta ask, does the host have pets or allow smoke in the house? I am allergic to animals, generally, and nicotine in particular.

Webhead
01-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I would also be interested in joining, actually. I've not played D&D in a while, but I'm a quick learner. I've run an alternate saturday group in Richardson myself, but you're pretty close to me, too. When do you game? I've been interested in "re-trying" D&D since the last time I played it I was 13 and it was 2nd edition :) . I'd also love to have a go as a player. In my last group we would round-robin GM so everyone got a turn, and I miss the playing and character development.

Also, gotta ask, does the host have pets or allow smoke in the house? I am allergic to animals, generally, and nicotine in particular.

Though I don't presume to speak for the group or Nightshade, I did have the opportunity to meet with them on Friday and discuss the game/view the game location. I'm not sure if they are still recruiting...I will leave that to Nightshade to answer. The host has at least one cat that I am aware of, but I did not witness any other animals. At least during our meet up, nobody was a smoker nor would it seem that smoking would be allowed within the GM's home. They informed me that they game bi-weekly on Friday evenings, this Friday the 30th being the next session. They all seemed like very nice, intelligent folks who really enjoy role playing. I look forward to playing. If they are still accepting players, I hope to see you there, Goddess.

jho251981
03-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey guys

I live in Garland texas. I am looking for a regular game for Saturdays around 5pm-10pm. I am not the best roleplayer in the world but I try. Let me know if you need another player.

coolcrispy
08-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I am up to gaming on Friday or Saturdays. I am new to the site and still learning how it works. I would be interested in playing.