PDA

View Full Version : I have the Clone Wars Campaign Guide!!!!!

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-16-2009, 11:39 PM
It is super awesome so far!

Many great talents, new Force powers, follower rules, aaaaaaaannnnnddddd MASS COMBAT RULES!!!!

Not to mention details on different clones, stats for clone characters, new equipment, TONS of new droids, TONS of new vehicles.

Updated stats for main characters. Asajj Ventress anyone!!??

New species, like the Gen'dai, Durge's species, and yes they are overpowered! They are officially banned from MY games! Maybe.

If you are playing during this time you HAVE to have this book!

Get it!

Webhead
01-17-2009, 12:36 AM
...Updated stats for main characters. Asajj Ventress anyone!!??...

Interesting. I wonder if they look anything like the stats I put together (since Asajj has been a recurring antagonist in my campaign).

Barrier Peaks
01-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Clone Wars is a great supplement. I hope you like it. And yes, the Gen'dai are overpowered. There wasn't much way around that, given Dirge's capabilities.

canadiansatan
01-17-2009, 01:34 PM
JTFC!!!! Everytime I get a champaign guide 3 more come out!!!!

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-17-2009, 05:02 PM
JTFC!!!! Everytime I get a champaign guide 3 more come out!!!!

Yours are obviously better cause yours come with champaign!!!;)
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Interesting. I wonder if they look anything like the stats I put together (since Asajj has been a recurring antagonist in my campaign).

She is 13th level, thats all I remember right now. I'll post her level breakdown later.

Webhead
01-17-2009, 11:42 PM
...She is 13th level, thats all I remember right now. I'll post her level breakdown later.

Is it just me or is just about every Force-user and their uncle 13th or 14th level in Saga? I swear, besides the big-boys like Vader, Yoda, Palpy, Mace, etc...it seems like every other flippin' Jedi in the books is either 13th or 14th level! What is it with those numbers? ;)

Still, I built Asajj as a level 10 and she's kinda scary.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Is it just me or is just about every Force-user and their uncle 13th or 14th level in Saga? I swear, besides the big-boys like Vader, Yoda, Palpy, Mace, etc...it seems like every other flippin' Jedi in the books is either 13th or 14th level! What is it with those numbers? ;)

Still, I built Asajj as a level 10 and she's kinda scary.

Its cause Jedi really are that powerful. They are generally the ones out there risking their necks for the betterment of the galaxy and thus "adventure" more often than others. But due to their periods of meditation it can take them decades to reach those levels.

Anyway, here is Ventress: Jedi 5/Scout 4/Sith Apprentice 4, species is Rattataki (near-human) and her highest stat is Dex 17, so she is an acrobatic striker.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Mass Combat rules are pretty cool. I haven't read completely over them yet, but you basically switch to startship scale for ground combat. Where each square represents an abstract amount of space on the battlefield. For example, if you are fighting in a field like on Naboo in Episode I, you could say the field is 4 or 6 squares wide or whatever and that you are x squares from your enemy.

So within each square is a unit, or a section of your armed forces. To create a Unit you take the base creature that you want to represent, like a clone trooper, and you boost their stats to represent several of them in that unit, that fit in that square. Kind of like the swarm rules presented in Threats of the Galaxy. Then combat runs like vehicle combat.

The PCs can join a unit and take command and they get special bonuses, etc... That is about all I have read so far.

There are rules for followers also, if you ask me they are lame. You have to give up your action or actions on a round to have your follower or followers take actions, not worth it. And they seem weaker than nonheroics, that was just on first glance.

blackcatf
02-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree with what was posted above, and am excited about some of the equipment and powers. The followers are interesting, too.

I know this is a rule book and not literature, but I was a bit frustrated with some of the write ups. I know it's a piddly little thing it what is, overall, a pretty decent campaign guide, but I can't help it. I think the tense was the biggest thing. They kept saying things like "Anakin is sent to..." instead of "Anakin was sent to..."

At the same time, I think there are other places where they stuck to past tense. It just read weird to me.

Overall, though, quite a bit of good information.