PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Virginia

ChibiCloud
01-07-2009, 02:22 PM
This is not yet an established campaign nor am i actually running one so i hope the Moderators do hate me for this post here. I've come to notice that their are a number of gamers in the VA area looking to play D&D but a number of them haven't even posted. So this is an Invitation to get any and all VA-ish gamers ,players/DM's alike, to respond here in hopes to mobilize something.... hopefully.
I personally am 22 and have been gaming since high school, so that's roughly 8 years. Most of which was spent DMing for a good group of friends. I actually still have a campaign running but it's dwindled down in playing time since one of the fellas joined the Air Force and is station half way across the counrty. I'v been building the campaign for over 2 years. It's Orient based but that doesnt restrict any of the players from playing a Duskblade-afro-wearing-brotha- who aspires to be a Dragoon (custom fashioned prestige class). I haven't played a PC in forever but when/if i do i like a balanced game of roleplaying and combat and good plot is always a plus. I started on 2nd Ed. D&D up to 3.5 rivised. Hoping to one day play 4th ED and L5R.
I know theirs more of you out there, I'VE SEEN YOU! So drop a post. *Fingers crosses that one of you is a DM looking to run a Game*

Thank you,
Chibi

cplmac
01-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I have noticed that when you check out most member's profiles, you see alot of folks that are saying that they are willing to travel either 5, 10, or maybe a few 20 miles to game. I know that the price of gas has come down some, but to really be able to find a group, you may need to have people that are within more of a 50 mile radius of some particular place. Alot of the folks who say that there is no one near them are probably only doing a search of only 5 to 10 miles at most. Expand the search area to that 50 mile radius and see what you find.

Another thing that may help to bring a group together is if someone that has a game that is ready to go, actively contacts other members in the area about meeting to play. It would probably more helpful if there was a game to check out as opposed to just meeting and then trying to decide what game to play. How are people to be able to decide if they want to play that game, if there is no game listed?

What you might need to do is actually send a PM (private message) to those members that are near and have similar game tastes. You may not get a response from everyone, but at least it gets the ball, or in this case, the dice rolling.

jrhorn424
01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm in Spotsylvania, and willing to travel to Richmond or Fairfax (and anywhere in between) to game.

I'm starting to run a 4E game this month in Fairfax. Playing in one in Arlington. I know there are at least 2 games in Arlington that I caught wind of through meetup.com.

You might want to check out that website. If anyone is running an old D&D game, I'd like to play.

Yggdrasill
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey there, I live in Newport News and would be interested in getting into a game. I have played since about middle school age myself though these days I only dm my children's game. I play D&D (started 4th ed with the kids) or any WoD game. Thansk for your time. I can be reached at YggdrasillGlass@gmail.com

Repl1ka
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
I live south of Richmond, near Colonial Heights. I've wanted to play D&D for quite awhile but I can't find a group to join. I've never played a PnP game before, but have been interested for years. I'd like to play 3.5e but I'm more than willing to do 4e.

I don't mind traveling 20-30mi for a weekly game. =)

Jason

Marley117
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I live in Portsmouth, and I would be willing to travel for a weekly game. We should really start discussing something. Everyone who is willing, maybe a GM/DM will emerge and a group can be formed! Positive thinking!!!!

Mopain
08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
To any players near Elizabeth City, NC (i.e. Tidewater area). I have just invested in 4E material, the core set, and Keep on the Shadowfell adventure. I have one player who is currently interested, but I would like 4 others. Please give me a post or an email. I am very new to this registry thing but I will check it often for any updates to people interested. I am planning on making it a bi-weekly game starting out to see how everyone likes it, we could change it to more or less often later. I would also like to make it Saturday afternoons or early evenings. Please post so we can get all of the good stuff rolling, like heroes and the like. Thanks alot.

Marley117
08-08-2009, 10:41 PM
I am interested...though I am not so good at Dnd

AletheiaAlan
01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
ok, so this is apparently a fairly old thread, but I just noticed it. If anyone out there is still looking to start a game, I'd like to play. I'm in VaBeach and would consider going as far as williamsburg.

Marley117
01-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Well I am thinking of starting a game in person, but it won't be Dnd or anything like it. (Not a fan)

Maybe Mutants and Masterminds, or Aces and Eights.

Bloodlust
01-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey, im lookin for a group, and even though i havent played dnd in a while, ill pick it up again. just send me the address of where you play and if its not too far, ill come out and give it a shot.

yukonhorror
01-28-2011, 08:38 AM
to initiator of this invite: if you put in an address, it will send a notice to all within their desired travel distance, so they are aware.

To all in the hampton roads area: there is a meetup group in the area: link (http://www.meetup.com/dungeonscape) for RPGers. I tried to convince them to traverse over here, but I think I only got a couple of takers.

cplmac
01-28-2011, 12:59 PM
to initiator of this invite: if you put in an address, it will send a notice to all within their desired travel distance, so they are aware.

To all in the hampton roads area: there is a meetup group in the area: link (http://www.meetup.com/dungeonscape) for RPGers. I tried to convince them to traverse over here, but I think I only got a couple of takers.

And I seem to recall a couple of bridge-tunnels that are in that area, which will keep folks from having to drive around all that water.

Marley117
01-29-2011, 04:47 AM
There are at least 4 that I can think of off hand. It is a tunnel heavy area.

yukonhorror
01-30-2011, 09:45 AM
but traffic stinks so bad, we stick to our sides of the water. In any case, check out the meetup group. There are game invites for both sides ranging from mouse guard to pathfinder.