PDA

View Full Version : Characters online 4e generator w/power cards

ChaunceyK
01-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I love this thing, it even makes Power Cards! A nice FREE alternative to DDI's character generator...

http://www.ibisfightclub.co.uk/dnd

ENJOY!!

Rochin
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM
It is ok, but it is lacking so much of what is offered by the DDI. There are way better excel format 4e character builders, and yes they can even print out power cards.

It is nice, as it is free, but still kind of meh.

kniltsol
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
It is ok, but it is lacking so much of what is offered by the DDI. There are way better excel format 4e character builders, and yes they can even print out power cards.

It is nice, as it is free, but still kind of meh.

/agreed

ChaunceyK
01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, I haven't actually tried DDI's own...not willing to spend the money if I don't have to. But if there are any other free alternatives, please, post some links. I'll give anything a try!

Rochin
01-13-2009, 07:00 AM
http://www.nzcomputers.net/heroforge/ there you go. It has stuff for both 3.5 and 4E.

Kalanth
01-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Well, I haven't actually tried DDI's own...not willing to spend the money if I don't have to. But if there are any other free alternatives, please, post some links. I'll give anything a try!

Right now the DDI character builder is in public beta, meaning you can go on the site and download it without a fee. They are doing that to try and entice people into DDI subscriptions. Minus the few bugs that are there (for example sometimes the power cards cut off information at the bottom of the card) the DDI character builder is an outstanding tool.

Rochin
01-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Right now the DDI character builder is in public beta, meaning you can go on the site and download it without a fee. They are doing that to try and entice people into DDI subscriptions. Minus the few bugs that are there (for example sometimes the power cards cut off information at the bottom of the card) the DDI character builder is an outstanding tool.

I agree the DDI character builder is pretty great so far. Besides the bottom of the skill list being chopped off when you print and the text getting too small to read when a power has a lot of details to it. I was very happy with how good it actually is. I did not expect much. The site I posted above has good stuff as well.

1958Fury
01-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I agree the DDI character builder is pretty great so far. Besides the bottom of the skill list being chopped off when you print and the text getting too small to read when a power has a lot of details to it.

To fix the first problem, I unlock the panes, then move the Initiative box to the top of the middle column. It's not a perfect solution, but it works for me.

Rochin
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
To fix the first problem, I unlock the panes, then move the Initiative box to the top of the middle column. It's not a perfect solution, but it works for me.

Hrmm how do you do that? I just tried messing around with it, must be just missing it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it lol. Nice, now I can make it like a 3.5 sheet with the skills in the bottom right and moving the feats to the bottom left and the insight and such to the middle left. Thanks!

1958Fury
01-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Hrmm how do you do that? I just tried messing around with it, must be just missing it.

I can't look right now because I'm at work, but I'll try to give you a reply tonight.

EDIT:

Edit: Nevermind, found it lol.

Oh, cool. :D

ronpyatt
01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I love this thing, it even makes Power Cards! A nice FREE alternative to DDI's character generator...

http://www.ibisfightclub.co.uk/dnd

ENJOY!!

Very nice. Clicked up a character quickly. Thank you for the link.

kirksmithicus
01-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Very nice. Clicked up a character quickly. Thank you for the link.

ditto

1958Fury
01-19-2009, 01:07 PM

Let me amend that... If you put the Initiative box at the top of the middle column, it knocks your languages box off the page. Anyway, you can still fix the appearance by moving boxes around. Hopefully the final version won't have this bug in the first place, though.

What I'm doing right now is moving the initiative box to the top of the third column. This knocks a couple of lines off the bottom of the Feats box, but that probably won't matter unless you have a ton of feats (and the program only works for levels 1-3 right now anyway).

If anyone wants to see an example of a character sheet generated by D&D's program, here's a test character (http://home.comcast.net/%7Emattkj/testar.rar) I made.