PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer's Familiar P.E.A.C.H.

Dravion
01-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm getting into a epic level game, and my character is going to be leveling as a Sorcerer, the race of my character is a ECL 20 Silver Dragon. But I am avoiding the point to this post. Is it possible to have a Pseudodragon for a familiar? If it is possible how would you stat one out to use and what would the familiar's advantage be (ie: Raven gives a +3 to Appraise)??

Bearfoot_Adam
01-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I used one once as a familiar since the MM states that it is a possibility. I didn't give them any other bonuses since the thing is telepathic. Since you are playing a silver dragon do you really need that plus whaterver to some random skill?

Dravion
01-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I was just wondering....incase the urge comes to put him with a non-dragon character at a later date. But thanks for letting me know it is possible. But any idea about or a possible thought on what skill the pseudodragon might add to?

Grimwell
01-05-2009, 12:56 AM
This is really something you want to ask the GM of the game you are getting into. We can all suggest what we think the pseudodragon's benefits might be, but only that particular GM can tell you what it will be in his world.

Bearfoot_Adam
01-05-2009, 01:10 AM
As I said, because they are telepathic I did not give them any skill to add. I figured that was a special enough ability.

Meeki
01-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Doesn't the DMG have suggestions for alternate familiars? I believe pseudodragon is one.

If not there is the improve familiar feat that should cover such issues. I think compelte arcane has the improve familiar feat in it.

If you want to create your own maybe +3 to Kn(Arcana)?

Skunkape
01-05-2009, 08:48 AM
You can find information about the improved familiar feat in the SRD online, here (http://srd.pbemnexus.com/featsList.html#improved-familiar)'s a link to the specific information.

Course, that's 3.5 specific so...

Dravion
01-05-2009, 09:02 AM
The GM actually brought up the point about me using the Pseudodragon, he just didn't remember what book it was in. But I found it on page 200 of the DMG. It is the Improved Familiar feat described in the DMG. Thanks to all for your help.

kitsune1842
02-08-2009, 11:47 PM
If I remember right the Draconomnicon mentioned it was possible with the Improved Familier feat.

nijineko
02-09-2009, 04:59 PM
the srd online is your best bet. a number of books give expanded options for familiar choices when using that feat. have fun. =D