PDA

View Full Version : Cthulhu-ish

Soft Serve
12-31-2008, 07:07 PM
I've had this in here once before, and it's still the same game, but a few players have been kicked out from infrequency and poor sportsmanship so now we are really kinda struggling for players.

The game is mainly Roleplaying. Even combat is mainly roleplaying. If something is close enough to you, isn't trying to avoid you, and you have a clear basic shot, there's no way you could really miss unless you aim for a specific position.

It's about the story though, it takes a minute to pick up usually once the game starts but then it soars and everything either goes really well or straight to hell (both more often then not) and characters and getting into the game are easy.

New players are perfect since the game is extremly simple, and I know online horror seems iffy, but I think I nailed it down pretty well.

As for the game itself, it's 1926, and the line between some very dangerous realms and our own is thinning. Terrible things are happening all over the world and as a top investigator in the occult you are the first called into suspicious areas. There are monsters, there are spells (not open to players off the bat) and terrifying surprises left and right, surrounded by darkness.

If you'd like to join contact me by PM here, or just reply to this. Whichever. I'll catch you up on what the players have so far, and tell you when our next game is.

Soft Serve
01-02-2009, 10:38 PM
yay nearly 30 views and no replies!

it's like this thread is infected with a life threatening disease and nobody wants to touch it, but everyone wants to see it...

like zombies!

WHICH ARE IN THE GAME!

see? It's perfect for you...

lol I need players, so I reserve my right to be silly...

Etarnon
01-03-2009, 01:37 AM
What interface are you using to run this? what night? what times? how long, etc?

I saw the thread advertised before, and got the feeling it was some software I'm not familiar with, the game had already started, etc.

Are you using rules, if any? Coc? What editon and publisher?

Freeform?

Inquiring potential investigators would like to know.

Soft Serve
01-03-2009, 04:37 AM
chatzy.com it's laggy but it gets the job done.

friday, saturday, sunday, if there is any other days I let all the players know.

It is without a doubt a ruleset you are unfamiliar with because it is homebrew, BUT I made it a very simple game that's about 90% roleplay, with barely any combat and rolling.