PDA

View Full Version : Zombies, Ravenloft, and Lankhmar (oh my)

Addis Hellfire
12-28-2008, 10:17 AM
If this is in the wrong place, than I apologize in advance.

This idea may seem strange and bizarre to most, but I am doing it anyway, lol: I am running a Resident Evil style game in the City of Lankhmar. There are zombies in every district, attacking the city and dealing some serious damage to the populace (of course, the rich bastards in the northern end of the city are just fine . . . or are they?), and the PCs were caught in the middle of one of the major hotspots - the Silver Eel. Well, now the Silver Eel is in flames, and the zombies have mostly moved on. Food, water, and other supplies are scarce and even harder to obtain due to the zombies.

Now, here are my questions:

This is pretty much Resident Evil meets Lankhmar - I have my own version of the Tyrant Virus, along with a few styles of Nemesis. But, there are some things I am not all to sure how to pull off. For now, the thing really irking me at the moment is the Licker (pretty sure that's what the beastie was called . . . the monster with the wicked tongue that can rip you apart . . . the first sighting of it in RE 2 was in the police station, next to a headless corpse). Are there D20 stats for this, or stats of any sort?
I am adding guns to the mix in Lankhmar - nothing over the top, mainly from the more "modern" Ravenloft settings (there are Derrengers, Flint Lock Pistols, etc.). What I have to wonder is would these have a chance to take off the limb of a zombie that has certain parts that are barely hanging on? (Zombies do range in appearance, from ripped apart to looking just fine)
I love Ravenloft. However, I do not want to have Strahd von Zarovich or anything like that wandering around Lankhmar. The Mist? Nah . . . don't want the players transported to Barovia or some other setting (yet . . . if one of them gets to evil, I am using that rule where the Mist gets attracted to you . . . ).Are there any influences from Ravenloft that I can put in this?
I recently read the module "Red Jack" (Jack the Ripper in Ravenloft, yay!!) and it mentioned something about the "Red Death" . . . ? Could somebody explain that one? From what I got so far, it drives people insane . . . among other things. Could that fit in my RE meets Lankhmar game?

Soft Serve
12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
might need to be in campaign invitations...or...idk.

TAROT
12-29-2008, 01:53 AM
I recently read the module "Red Jack" (Jack the Ripper in Ravenloft, yay!!) and it mentioned something about the "Red Death" . . . ? Could somebody explain that one? From what I got so far, it drives people insane . . . among other things. Could that fit in my RE meets Lankhmar game?

There was a book, Masque of the Red Death which was along the lines of a Victorian-age Ravenloft (either d20 or d20 Modern). Never read it myself, but remember seeing it on the shelf.

Addis Hellfire
12-29-2008, 10:51 PM
[Soft Serve]
Not hosting this one on a forum, however come to think of it, I might need to post a thread in campaign invitations . . . Red Wizard needs more players badly. This thread was just for asking some questions and possible feedback.

[TAROT]
A book you say? By book, do you mean one of the actual Ravenloft novels, or some campaign material? If novel, author/cover/etc?

TAROT
12-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Campaign Setting book for 3.5.

This one. http://www.amazon.com/Masque-Fantasy-Roleplaying-Ravenloft-Campaign/dp/1588469794/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230698244&sr=1-5

But I'm sure you could find someone on ebay who isn't gouging.

Addis Hellfire
12-31-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm not looking for stats or anything like that, at least not for the Masque of the Red Death . . . I can make those myself, lol, just looking for information regarding what it is, and other general information. Thanks for the link though, now I know what to look for, lol.