PDA

View Full Version : Eberron: The Hero's Path

Matt
12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I am looking at running an Eberron setting game using the D&D3.5e rules, a game that will take first level nobodies and turn them into heroes capable of playing in the world of politics, challenging Giants to fisticuffs or piloting an elemental ship through air or water (above or under the surface). The game would start off with the Wizards of the Coast published adventure, an adventure that begins in the Eberron Campaign Setting, and continue on through the additional adventures which are tied into the first. Once those are finished and the hero's are bound together by blood spilled and lost the campaign will become slightly more free form, I have a few ideas for a much larger quest but side quests to expand upon characters and allow them to take prestige classes a little out of the ordinary (Windwright Captain anyone?) to make a few extra pieces of gold in a different way.

Anyone interested?

akela122301
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Cool, I'd like to go for a Shifter Fighter, if that's okay with you. Let me know, please.:D

Matt
12-24-2008, 01:50 PM
A Shifter Fighter would not be problematic, the only books I would be having problems with are the Book of Nine Swords and Tome of Magic as I don't own either of them.

akela122301
12-24-2008, 11:44 PM
That's okay, since I don't own those two either. I was just going to take feats, items, etc. from Ebberon Campaign Setting, Races of Ebberon, and PHB 1 and 2. That's pretty much all I need.

akela122301
12-26-2008, 07:20 AM
This is the history behind my Shifter Fighter.

Myrrin is a Razorclaw shifter, born in the forest, near (starting city). Where most of his kind choose the path of the hunter, he chose the path of the soldier. His favorite tactic is to use a polearm to keep his distance, then shift and close with his foe, using his claws at close-range.
Myrrin is average height, and his identifying features include a scar, crossing his face from left temple, over his left eyebrow to the middle of his chin; and a burn mark on his right arm. When asked about these features, Myrrin refuses to answer. If pressed, he will only say that they are only old scars from his childhood. The history behind these old wounds is too painful for him to share. The scar on his face had been caused by a riding crop, when he bumped into a noble by accident. The noble did not even listen to his apology, but proceeded to slash at Myrrin’s face with his crop. The burn came from a brand, because a sorcerer wished to conduct an experiment, regarding the shapechanging abilities of a shifter child.

What do you think?

Matt
12-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Interesting, I like ^^ Just waiting and hoping for another player or two, hopefully will hear from some others interested within the next two weeks as the festive season draws to a close.

hcotterson
12-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Color me interested. I've long wanted to play in the Eberron setting as an artificer...Probably a Gnome, but we'll see.

Jaywalk
12-28-2008, 02:08 AM
if there's still room for more players, i'd like to join, as any class needed ;)

akela122301
12-28-2008, 02:19 AM
Well, I may be speaking out of turn, but we could use a support type, like a rogue or caster

Matt
12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I can't speak for my friend (and indeed he's not really going to be available for another week or so properly) but I believe he'd be playing a Half Elf Fighter with the racial substitution levels; a two weapon wielder rather than an armored behemoth. In that case there are a few different positions that can be taken; tank (Knight or Fighter?), healer (Cleric or Favored Soul?), skill monkey (Rogue, Ninja, Artificer or Bard?) and spellcaster (Wizard or Sorcerer).

Truth be told I'm fine with half a dozen to a dozen players as long as they're active, the more roles taken the more I'll up the CR of the fights so that everyone gets a shot. Alignment isn't an issue either though Chaotic Evil is not to be played out as "I can kill everyone I want to and not worry about the risks!" An Evil Rogue wanting to branch out and become an Assassin later on? Leave the party at a later point? Go for it, I'll try to keep things interesting for you!

joshbot
12-28-2008, 01:12 PM
idd like to join im looking for a dnd fix

Jaywalk
12-28-2008, 02:40 PM
sure,i love playing rogues :biggrin:
i'll post a character design soon ;)

Matt
12-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll have to take a look around and see if there's anywhere that hosts sheets we can use, if not I'll have a look for one that can be filled in and you guys could send me a copy?

Characters will be level one and built using a predetermined array of stats, probably 18,16,14,14,12,10 but there wont be any extra feats or equipment beyond what your maximum starting GP can purchase. IF anyone wants to take the Favored in House feat and roll a check to borrow an item from their House I will roll the check instead and let you know what you can have.

t.g27
12-30-2008, 04:13 PM
im looking to join as well if needed can play whatever thinking either cleric or ranger but like i said willing to play whatever

hcotterson
12-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Characters will be level one and built using a predetermined array of stats, probably 18,16,14,14,12,10 but there wont be any extra feats or equipment beyond what your maximum starting GP can purchase. IF anyone wants to take the Favored in House feat and roll a check to borrow an item from their House I will roll the check instead and let you know what you can have.

So should I start making a character with that stat array? High-powered campaign, huh?

Matt
01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
akela provided me with two links to forums that include sheet hosting, I'm not too sure about asking people to join forums however just to build a sheet. Is there anyone who doesn't have an an Adobe Acrobat(ish) program? I found a .PDF that can be filled in and saved, I figure people could email me a copy and keep one themselves?

Jaywalk
01-03-2009, 04:45 PM
i can use the pdf, can you email it to me?

( jaywalk@windowslive.com )

Beamer84
01-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi,
Are you still looking for players? If so, could I play a scout? I don't have access to any eberron-specific books, but I have access to most of the basic 3.5 ed books (phb, "complete" books, monster manual, dmg, magic item compendium).

Thanks.

Matt
01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Still looking for players and a scout would be fine, I would suggest you read up on Eberron though as it is quite different from many other published settings at least in my opinion. There's an Eberron Wiki which has a little information, Wikipedia has some more... the important parts to look at are definitely those on the Races in Eberron and how they're seen in the world.

Character sheets need to be built either on a website and linked to me or leave an email address here and I'll email you a .pdf of the character sheet to fill in and email back to me.

hcotterson
01-05-2009, 08:35 PM
The PDF option for me

hcotterson at gmail dot com

Zambatuo
01-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Not sure if the player who was looking to play a Gnome Artificer got back to you or not.

If he didn't I'd love to join in and be the Warforged Artificer taking the Level Substitutions.

If he has, then I'll be a Wizard of as of yet unknown race.

I can do the PDF version e-mail me at Gerald_Wright_12@yahoo.com. I like growing with a character.

hcotterson
01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
That would be me, and yeah I'm still interested in playing an Artificer, I just haven't heard any more about the game (nor gotten the PDF).

Zambatuo
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Nor have I hcotterson. I'm not sure how two Artificers would work out, but I would mostly be applying my Infusions to myself for Combat Support. What do you think?

Beamer84
01-13-2009, 06:30 AM
I haven't gotten the pdf either (I PMed my email to the GM).

hcotterson
01-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Nor have I hcotterson. I'm not sure how two Artificers would work out, but I would mostly be applying my Infusions to myself for Combat Support. What do you think?

I'd like to take an Artificer down the bent of item creation. I have no problem with two of the same class in a party. I've always internally bucked D&D's "roles" anyway. We could make a whole party of Artificers, and I wouldn't care. In fact, that sounds interesting...:lol:

Beamer84
01-14-2009, 08:24 PM
So, has anyone heard from the DM in a while?

hcotterson
02-13-2009, 02:39 AM
that'd be a no. Even if he/she does show up, you'll have to count me out. I've got other fires cooking now.