PDA

View Full Version : Star wars Large character stat mods

Lord_Dante85
12-21-2008, 02:46 PM
What would be the stat mods to a character who is considered large?

Inquisitor Tremayne
12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
I believe they get a bonus +2 to Str, -1 to Reflex Defense, +5 size bonus to Fortitude Defense, possibly a penalty to stealth, and maybe gain reach.

Not 100% on that though.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-08-2009, 12:14 PM
The current errata gives Togorians and Whipids -5 to stealth, -1 to Reflex Defense, and +5 to Damage Threshold. And their lifting and carrying capacity is double the normal for medium sized characters.

That is the typical d20 modifiers for large size.

Barrier Peaks
01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Don't forget the +5 bonus that Large characters get to their grapple checks, too. :)

canadiansatan
01-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Don't forget bigger weapons. I've always allowed large characters to weild large weapons one handed, huge weapons two handed.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-09-2009, 09:43 AM
There is no size distinction in weapons in Saga, at least for blaster weapons.

Yes there are large blaster weapons but I would say they would be just as unwieldy for large creatures as medium, unless the rules say otherwise.

Barrier Peaks
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM
There is no size distinction in weapons in Saga, at least for blaster weapons.

All weapons are listed under specific size categories in their respective tables (8-3 and 8-4), and the subsection Weapon Sizes on page 120 details how size determines whether a weapon is light, one-handed, two-handed, or too large to use.

This means that a large-sized character can use a weapon of his own size category (such as a blaster cannon or heavy repeating blaster) with a single hand.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-09-2009, 12:18 PM
i was referring to damage from large weapons. Unless I missed something, the damage scale doesn't change for larger weapons, meaning you are going to be dealing large sized weapon damage with a large sized blaster rifle, you will still be dealing 3d8 damage.

Barrier Peaks
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
i was referring to damage from large weapons. Unless I missed something, the damage scale doesn't change for larger weapons, meaning you are going to be dealing large sized weapon damage with a large sized blaster rifle, you will still be dealing 3d8 damage.

Gotcha. I took canadiansatan's post to be referencing a character's ability to weild larger weapons one-handed based on the character's larger size.

Webhead
01-09-2009, 01:05 PM
...This means that a large-sized character can use a weapon of his own size category (such as a blaster cannon or heavy repeating blaster) with a single hand.

...And suddenly I have sweeping flashbacks to my Deadlands: Hell on Earth campaign and one of the PCs dual-wielding SAW machine guns! He put Rambo to shame. I suddenly hear a certain Korn song playing in my head...

Yeesh! :eek:

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Gotcha. I took canadiansatan's post to be referencing a character's ability to weild larger weapons one-handed based on the character's larger size.

Right, but in d20 that usually also means the damage is increased as well.

canadiansatan
01-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Right, but in d20 that usually also means the damage is increased as well.

The 3.5 interpretation is that a large character weilds a larger version of the weapon (a larger bastard sword). Mine was always they could get a larger greatsword two handed or pick up the medium creature's greatsword and use it one handed.