PDA

View Full Version : Old School AD&D PBP is looking for players.

Dark
12-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Terror by night! The village of Orlane Is dying. Once a small and thriving community. Orlane has become a maze of locked doors and frightened faces. Strangers are shunned, trade has withered. Rumors flourish, growing wilder with each retelling. Terrified peasants flee their homes, abandoning their farms with no explanation.

Others simply disappear...

No one seems to know the cause of the decay—why are there no clues? Who skulks through the twisted shadows of the night? Who or what is behind the doom that has overtaken the village? It will take a brave and skillful band of adventurers to solve the dark riddle of Orlane!

I am looking for is for 4-7 non-evil aligned characters of first through third levels using the 1st Edition Player's Handbook for generation of ability scores and classes, and Races.

Anyone who is interested please post here or pm me either way is fine.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I would love to get involved, Dark, but i am in the middle of a move and wont be freed up till January. Very cool story idea, and playing 1e is a plus. Best of luck in your search for players, and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Dark
12-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks and when you get settled by all means drop me a pm you're welcome to join up then.

Etarnon
12-21-2008, 01:02 PM
What's your plan for combat? Narrated? Players do general plans?

What's the turn / post frequency?

Any special rules?

Dark
12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
What's your plan for combat? Narrated? Players do general plans?

What's the turn / post frequency?

Any special rules?

1. Combat will be quite simple first determine distance, if unknown, between the parties, second if both parties are unsurprised, or equally surprised, determine initiative for that round.

2. Combat will be divided into 1 minute period melee rounds, or simply rounds, in order to have reasonably manageable combat. "Manageable" applies both to the actions of the combatants and to the actual refereeing of such melees. Round (Also melee rounds) -A unit of time in AD&D equals to 1 minute. Each round is composed of 10 segments, and 10 rounds constitute a turn.

3. As for the posting frequency we will work that out I have ran play by post games where the busy players could only post 3 times a week and others where they could post once a day. I would like to myself have Mon-Fri posts figure no later than 5 pm est but I will try to work with the players.

4. My rules are simple post what you can, if you like to write posts with loads of detail fine, if you just want to post the basics so long as I and the others can understand great too.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey Dark, you mind if i play a gnome thief/illusionist? I really loved this race-class combo.

His name will be Tammany Beetleby, aka the beetle. If you agree, i will send you a complete background makeup of him in a week or so, including a pic. Let me know.

Dark
12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Fine by me gnomes are almost as fun as halflings to play.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Almost as fun as halflings to play? :nono:

There even more fun if one plays one correctly. Prepare to have your opinion altered over the course of your campaign. :fencing:

I gotta say, i am looking forward to your pbp campaign, Dark.

Dark
12-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Indeed now if we can gather a few more vit........err players :redface: yes players we can start the http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Deadcanucks/yoji.gif.

jrhorn424
12-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow, this is *almost* exactly what I've been looking for. I posted on rpg.net regarding wanting to play in an OD&D game. I'm not familiar with all the rulesets exactly, but their development in general. So, I'll need a suggestions on a newer "retro-clone" that is in the spirit of AD&D 1st edition, or a quick primer from someone more knowledgeable.

I'll post this over on my original thread, hopefully driving a few more interested parties over here. Could be fun!

I'd probably be interested in playing an elf (do they still get to change classes daily in AD&D1?), or maybe a human fighter.

Dark
12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes they do and if you want to know the rules there is a free download http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/osric/downloads/OSRIC.pdf which is 99.9% identical to the first edition rules.

jrhorn424
12-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Yes they do and if you want to know the rules there is a free download http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/osric/downloads/OSRIC.pdf which is 99.9% identical to the first edition rules.

Thanks a lot! I have a hard time keeping all the editions and retro-clones straight, what with BFRPG, OSRIC, LL, S&W, etc. all covering "old editions" of the game.

I just downloaded the OSRICv2 rules the other day, so I'll browse that. I seem to remember skimming it and thinking it was much better organized than the first edition.

Count me in! I think I'll go ahead and stick with a fighting man, depending on how we roll ability scores.

Dark
12-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I tend to use Method IV:

3d6 are rolled sufficient times to generate the 6 ability scores, in order, for 12 characters, The player then selects the single set of scores which he or she finds most desirable and these scores are noted on the character record sheet.

Dark
12-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Update I may have some more players looking to join up stay tuned.:pray:

Ironhead
12-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Hey there, Dark! I owe you a thank you for pointing me to this great site; this is like a treasure trove for us old timers :) Count me in, bud - you know I enjoy your DMing style.

Dark
12-27-2008, 11:56 AM
No problem and :welcome: my friend.

Broadaxe
12-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello,

I think I would be interested in joining you. What do I need to do to get started?

Dark
01-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Hello,

I think I would be interested in joining you. What do I need to do to get started?

Thisgame is for non-evil characters of levels from 1-3 ( level 3 fro single and a total of 3 for multi-classed) 3d6 are rolled sufficient times to generate the 6 ability scores, in order, for 12 characters.

The player then selects the single set of scores which he or she finds most desirable and these scores are noted on the character record sheet. The game is set in the World of Greyhawk campaign setting should you choose to play a cleric or druid for god purposes.

Broadaxe
01-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I will create a character today. Is there any class that is needed to better the game play? I assume I self roll or should this been done with your help?

Dark
01-01-2009, 01:34 PM
So far we have a gnome thief/illusionist but other than that no one has choose their class.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Re: Tammany Beatleby, aka 'The Beetle.' Gnome thief/illusionist extraordinaire? :cool:

I'll try to get his stats, etc, in to you by today, if not this weekend. How much do you want me to share on this site regarding my character, and is there anything i should keep confidential, eg send to you direct? Let me know. :confused:

Dark
01-01-2009, 01:59 PM
That I leave to my players how much information concerning their characters backgrounds. Some folks like to write books of information while others like to keep things close to their vests.

Anything you wish to keep private or need to know just pass on to me.

akela122301
01-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I would be interested in playing a human fighter, not too bright, but reliable when it comes to a fight. His name is Tomas Blademaster.

Dark
01-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Ok please roll one up when you get a chance and pm him to me.

Broadaxe
01-01-2009, 08:32 PM
So, correct me please if I am off base. Lvl 3 if a single class is cool right?

Broadaxe will be an Axe wielding, ale chugging, grumpy Dwarf Fighter.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Thisgame is for non-evil characters of levels from 1-3 ( level 3 fro single and a total of 3 for multi-classed) 3d6 are rolled sufficient times to generate the 6 ability scores, in order, for 12 characters.

The player then selects the single set of scores which he or she finds most desirable and these scores are noted on the character record sheet. The game is set in the World of Greyhawk campaign setting should you choose to play a cleric or druid for god purposes.
My vote goes to true 'old school.' Lets roll 3d6 for two characters, keeping the best set of 6. One of the enjoyments of sucess was when characters were marginal, at best.

My two coppers... but i will go with whatever the DM decided.

Broadaxe
01-02-2009, 08:38 AM
OK Forget my Dwarf Fighter

I just rolled a Halfling Thief that I like a lot. The name will be "Topknot".

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-02-2009, 11:38 AM
OK Forget my Dwarf Fighter

I just rolled a Halfling Thief that I like a lot. The name will be "Topknot".
Play the halfling thief, Broadaxe. He sounds cool and there wont be any competition between us. Tammany, my Gnome, has actually just broken away from his thieving lifestyle due to a couple of reasons which has helped him see the proverbial light, one being that a terrible accident that has recently occurred forever scarring him. He's finding being an illusionist is suiting him well.

Broadaxe
01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Done... I am really enjoying rolling the character up. It seems to be rolling itself. I am doing it all very random. The dice even rolled it female... but I'm not so sure I can do that. lol

I am working on a background history right now... I am very familiar with Realms but no so much Greyhawk. I am learning as much as I can right now.

I didn't even think about the thief conflict with your dude. Are you sure you don't mind? I am totally happy rolling whatever really.

Dark
01-02-2009, 05:21 PM
My vote goes to true 'old school.' Lets roll 3d6 for two characters, keeping the best set of 6. One of the enjoyments of sucess was when characters were marginal, at best.

My two coppers... but i will go with whatever the DM decided.

Either way is fine by me as the main goal is to have fun.

Ok here is the characters so far for the game:

1.Tammany Beatleby, aka 'The Beetle.Gnome Thief/Illusionist extraordinaire.
2.Tomas Human Fighter.
3.Topknot Halfling Thief.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Done... I am really enjoying rolling the character up. It seems to be rolling itself. I am doing it all very random. The dice even rolled it female... but I'm not so sure I can do that. lol

I am working on a background history right now... I am very familiar with Realms but no so much Greyhawk. I am learning as much as I can right now.

I didn't even think about the thief conflict with your dude. Are you sure you don't mind? I am totally happy rolling whatever really.
No worries. Play Topknot, your halfling thief, for he sounds like an excellent edition to our party, for even though Tammany Beatley, aka 'The Beetle.' Gnome Thief/Illusionist extraordinaire, may have 1-2 levels in thief, he is now permanently on the illusionists path. He's finding it suits him well.

Dark
01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I tossed out some invites to some of my old pbp members with luck we should have a nice healthy party :grouphug:. If all goes well perhaps we will start next week fingers crossed.

Broadaxe
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I am new to this style of play. Will we be playing over email or posting here? How will this work?

Dark
01-03-2009, 10:44 AM
That is up to you guys we can run the game her or at one of my yahoo groups fourms either way is fine by me.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm okay either way, just let me know what has been decided. Also, i should have my character turned in by today.

Dark
01-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Ok will do let me see how the others feel and we will go from there.

Broadaxe
01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I would like to see a private forum of some sort but other than that it's all good.

akela122301
01-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, speaking as the only full-sized character ;), I would rather a forum where Tomas could stretch his legs.
Sorry, when I looked at the roster again, I couldn't resist. A halfling, a gnome, and then a 6 foot human enter a tavern...
HaHa, sorry, still couldn't resist.
Wait, what was I talking about again? Oh yeah, myth weavers lets you create your own play by post forum, but I don't really have a preference.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Well, speaking as the only full-sized character ;), I would rather a forum where Tomas could stretch his legs.
Sorry, when I looked at the roster again, I couldn't resist. A halfling, a gnome, and then a 6 foot human enter a tavern...
HaHa, sorry, still couldn't resist.
Wait, what was I talking about again? Oh yeah, myth weavers lets you create your own play by post forum, but I don't really have a preference.
The bigger they are the harder they fall. Dont make Tammany shin-kick you, you puny-eared, unbathing, uncoordinated, daft h u m a n ! :laugh:

akela122301
01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
The bigger they are the harder they fall. Dont make Tammany shin-kick you, you puny-eared, unbathing, uncoordinated, daft h u m a n ! :laugh:
Tomas no unnerstan pipskweek pursun. Tomas bathe every moon, Tomas krush pipskweek pursun wit wun fut

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Tomas no unnerstan pipskweek pursun. Tomas bathe every moon, Tomas krush pipskweek pursun wit wun fut
Hilarious. Tammany laughs at the ogre... :pound:

:spider: <--Tammany's pet spider, Spot. "Sick 'em, Spot. You bite that mean Ogre on the toe. Good Spot."

This campaign is going to be fun. Warning, once game commences, we all speak in character, side emails not withstanding.

akela122301
01-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Tomas sward bigger then pipskweek pursun. Tomas step on liddel spider.

HAHA. Anyway, this should definitely be interesting. I'm thinking that maybe Tomas be working for Tammany, as a bodyguard, or something like that.

Broadaxe
01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Ok I am practicing my best high pitched, squeaky and annoying voice for this thing. Be warned. 8) Everyone be thankful you can't type high pitched and annoying.

akela122301
01-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Ok I am practicing my best high pitched, squeaky and annoying voice for this thing. Be warned. 8) Everyone be thankful you can't type high pitched and annoying.

Oh, I don't know, all you have to do is change the font and its size.

Bearfoot_Adam
01-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Any need for a human ranger?

akela122301
01-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, I may be speaking out of turn, but the more the merrier. I have a character sheet I adapted from the OSRIC ruleset pdf. If you want me to send it to you, just PM me with your email address.

Dark
01-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I received your character sheet everything looks in order. :)
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Any need for a human ranger?Sure you are more than welcome to roll one up.

Kasbe
01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Hello! I have just recovered my AD&D books from my basement and I was looking for a game, to remember the good old days :P. Is there any slot avaible yet? I dont have any preference on rolling my character, so I will play the class you need.

Dark
01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Sure so far check out the classes we have so far and make a choice to what you want to play.

Kasbe
01-05-2009, 03:06 PM
All right. I'll play Amarys Altama, a proud human Paladin.

Dark
01-05-2009, 04:53 PM
OK update I received the following characters so far for the game:

2.Tomas Human Fighter.

I am waiting on Bearfoot_Adam for his human Ranger as well as Kasbe for his Paladin. I will make a npc Magic-User and a Cleric to fill in the rest of the ranks.

I have a private forum set up on yahoo groups I will e-mail invites to those who's ones i have the rest please pm to me a e-mail I can use to send a invite to you.

If all goes well we will start this week figure posting once a day (m-f) by no later than 5 pm est sound ok to you all?

Broadaxe
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Sounds great.

Kasbe
01-06-2009, 04:15 AM
I've got two questions: What format shall we send you the character sheet in? And also: Paladin requires 17 cha. If I dont manage to roll a 17 on any of my options...can I make a magic user?

Dark
01-06-2009, 05:07 PM
You can e-mail me your character that way I have e-mail to send you a invite. If you don't manage to roll a 17 on any of my options you can take the bare minimum. Also if you wish to play a Magic-User as well you may if you like.

akela122301
01-07-2009, 12:19 PM
OK update I received the following characters so far for the game:

2.Tomas Human Fighter.

I am waiting on Bearfoot_Adam for his human Ranger as well as Kasbe for his Paladin. I will make a npc Magic-User and a Cleric to fill in the rest of the ranks.

I have a private forum set up on yahoo groups I will e-mail invites to those who's ones i have the rest please pm to me a e-mail I can use to send a invite to you.

If all goes well we will start this week figure posting once a day (m-f) by no later than 5 pm est sound ok to you all?
Hey, sounds great, can't wait, let's meet our fate!
haha

Wait, an Illusionist doesn't count as a Magic-User? Weird.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
haha

Wait, an Illusionist doesn't count as a Magic-User? Weird.
Tammany feels disrespected! ...for all Gnomes know that the art of illusion is the only true magick in the universe.

Addendum: have character rolled up. He will be the multiclassed badass that everyone expects him to be; which brings up a question: Since i have to combine experience points equally for both classes, what amount of experience should i begin with?

My delay on sending him in is due to an MBA assignment that ive been dealing with lately. Should have it done today.

Doubtful i'd use them but are you willing to allow these extra 1st edition classes into your game? http://www.dragonsfoot.org/fe/#FECC15 Be sure to click 'character classes.'

Bearfoot_Adam
01-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry, I've been delayed. I should be rolling up the character today using the document provided earlier in the thread. God, it has been forever and a half since I thought of THACO and stat requirements. Some quick questions. Am I correct in reading that you want us to roll for stats 6 times and use the best one? Do you want the rolls done on this site?

Dark
01-08-2009, 01:00 PM
No I believe in the trust system of my players if you have real dice please feel free. :)

Oh and by the need the e-mails everyone pmed to me when you all get a chance so I can invite you all to the forums.

haha

Wait, an Illusionist doesn't count as a Magic-User? Weird.No they don't I consider them to be a class onto themselves :rant:even though they are a sub-class which to sounds like they are inferior.

Broadaxe
01-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Hi guys,

I am trying to get into the yahoo group. I finally got the group invite and am registered. However, yahoo does not give me the option to join OldshchoolADnD. It does not ever show up a group.

I do want to join ya but am starting to think I might not be able to get in.

akela122301
01-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Hey, why did Broadaxe get an invite and not me? Did I just miss it in my email?

Dark
01-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi guys,

I am trying to get into the yahoo group. I finally got the group invite and am registered. However, yahoo does not give me the option to join OldshchoolADnD. It does not ever show up a group.

I do want to join ya but am starting to think I might not be able to get in.

It says you are a member on the members list :confused: humm. Any chance you are in the military or using a government servers?

Hey, why did Broadaxe get an invite and not me? Did I just miss it in my email? I resent yours check your yahoo e-mail maybe it went into the spam folder.
OK now who still needs a invite to the forums? Give me a pm and I will be glad to send one out to you.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I didnt get an invite either. Oh well, Yahoo problems dont surprise me, for i have dealt with their problematic service as of late.

Dark
01-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Here is a question does these fourms have a private area? If so I would keep the game here if you guys want.

Broadaxe
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I made it in the yahoo group. For some reason, it all looks totally different today.. so I was able to get into the group.

Dark
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
OK everyone who has not received an invite please pm me your e-mails for one.

Kasbe
01-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Dark, Im in the yahoo group already, and I uploaded my character sheet there. I already read through the whole players handbook again, too :)

Dark
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Ok cool so let me do some last minute checking and if all goes well how does starting the game next this week? Thoth-Amon has some rl issues but I can always ghost his guy until he is ready to post.

Dark
01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
OK I posted the opening post at the fourms when you guys are ready you may post. For now it is general chit chat leading up to to the adventure so please feel free.

Elbryon
01-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Dark, is this game going already? I was interested in seeing how an old school played out but for some reason I can't find it. Maybe I'm just not looking closely enough.

akela122301
01-29-2009, 12:52 AM
That's because it's not on P&PG. It's being run on Yahoo Groups. And yes, it's already going on.

Elbryon
01-29-2009, 10:15 AM
That would explain it then...thanks

Excior
02-15-2009, 08:35 PM
So when you say First Edt rules do you mean first edt AD&D or the redbox Basic set where the classes were fighter cleric magic user thief dwarf elf and halfling?

Dark
02-16-2009, 04:44 PM
No I mean 1st Edition AD&D not Basic. It was originally released over a three year span, one book a year. It was an audacious move on TSR's part: D&D itself had only been out for three years, and what had been a little-known company publishing minatures rules booklets was suddenly releasing a three-volume, hardcover set of rulebooks.

At the time, it was difficult to see exactly what AD&D was supposed to be. Original D&D needed to be rewritten and the rules tightened up, and there was a demand for more rules and more options. AD&D was at first seen as a supplement to D&D, much as Greyhawk had been. With the release of the Basic D&D set (which was a simple cleaning up the original rules plus Greyhawk packed into a single volume, with a small sample of monsters and only enough information to take players to third level), the D&D game was still considered a single whole: players would begin with Basic D&D, and then “graduate” to AD&D as a matter of course. It wasn't until AD&D was complete that TSR's plans were clear: that there were to be two independent D&D lines, with the games entirely separate. Basic D&D players were expected to continue to the Expert and Master D&D rules, and so on, while AD&D was supposed to be a somewhat different game.

Not only was AD&D separated from the original D&D line, but TSR took a new, hard line to the game. The rules were no longer simply guidelines, but were supposed to be as solid as any other game's. Gary Gygax came down hard on rules modifications. The Players Handbook requested that players not tamper with the character classes or other restrictions in the name of play balance. The Dungeon Masters Guide took a harder line against rule modification. But it was too late: Original D&D had already let the genie out of the bottle in encouraging players to make their own rules, and there was no going back. Gary Gygax's demands for standardization in the name of play balance were ignored, and the entire RPG industry has been forced to abide by this philosophy ever since.

Sadly, TSR could not resist taking pot shots at competitors in their rule books. Mike Carr's forward to the Monster Manual warned that many competitors' products were shoddy, and Gygax's preface to the Players Handbook made ugly attacks on spell point systems, “arbitrary restrictions on female characters,” and “ponderous combat systems,” a sad joke that couldn't be fully appreciated until the Dungeon Masters Guide came out.

Gygax later argued that AD&D's call for standardization was to ensure easy tournament play, with national standards. He also admitted that he didn't play canonical AD&D himself. The tournament standardization excuse seems unlikely, and if that was really their intention, then TSR botched the job from the very beginning in not making this clear. In spite of TSR's stated desires to have AD&D become a hard and fast rules system that everybody agreed on, by continuing with the D&D name, it could only be the baseline upon which all individuals based their own house rules. The apocalypse didn't come: AD&D remained the primary RPG for many years, and it was clearly recognized as a unified game, even if there were large differences from group to group. In spite of the mass tinkering with the rules by DMs world-wide, AD&D players had little trouble adjusting to tournaments.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Deadcanucks/TSR2010_500jpeg.jpg

nijineko
02-17-2009, 12:49 PM
tempting... i haven't played this version since i was a kid. ^^

Dark
02-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Seems to have a nice draw to us who have played seems to scare off the younger folks but hey each to their own I like all editions but that's just me.

Excior
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Dark when I post do I just post in the group forum or use the link you sent.
Exactly what is going on at the moment. IF my PC was to round a corner or bump into the party where are they at and all that?

Dark
02-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes you do and thanks for asking rather than just jumping in anywhere.
At the moment the party is heading over to stop some lizard like creatures and a armored human who Aramar overheard are going to kidnap a widow.

Excior
02-18-2009, 08:28 PM
where are they located in the world of Greyhwak.

Dark
02-18-2009, 09:38 PM
The party began in Hochoch, a walled town located in the northwestern corner of the Kingdom of Keoland, just below the Dim Forest. Hochoch is located in hex N5/114. From there, they traveled to the village of Orlane, located in hex K5/113.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Dark... If you havent figured it out, as of yet, time constraints have pretty much eliminated any free time for me to play. To bad, too, for i really wanted to get involved in your campaign. Down the road when i have time to spare, i'll definitely contact you on current events.

akela122301
02-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey, sorry I haven't posted anything since Tomas offered his sword. Can I say he got lost wandering around the town?

Excior
02-19-2009, 12:49 AM
The party began in Hochoch, a walled town located in the northwestern corner of the Kingdom of Keoland, just below the Dim Forest. Hochoch is located in hex N5/114. From there, they traveled to the village of Orlane, located in hex K5/113.

so they are in Orlane at this time?

Dark
02-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Correctamundo :thumb: .

Excior
02-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Is this a made up city/village/hommlet or can I find info on it on the net. If not can you tell me a little about it or at least what My pc would know?

Dark
02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
It is a real village however small that is where it is located and Orlane itself was founded nearly a generation ago, when explorers from Hochoch reported that the land between the Rushmoors and the Dim Forest seemed to be extremely fertile.Soon after the arrival of the first farmers, a temple to the chaotic good goddess of agriculture, Merikka, was erected, and thus, the village of Orlane was born. The land here proved to be very rich, often producing crops half again as large as those grown in more mundane soil. Orlane quickly grew into a thriving community of 300 people.

The current date is Earthday Readying 20th, 563. Any other questions?

Dark... If you havent figured it out, as of yet, time constraints have pretty much eliminated any free time for me to play. To bad, too, for i really wanted to get involved in your campaign. Down the road when i have time to spare, i'll definitely contact you on current events.

No worries you said you wasn't sure if you could make it or not thanks for giving me a heads up. I have been ghosting your guy so I will turn him into a npc, should things change give me a shout and I will work you in. :)

Excior
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
It is a real village however small that is where it is located and Orlane itself was founded nearly a generation ago, when explorers from Hochoch reported that the land between the Rushmoors and the Dim Forest seemed to be extremely fertile.Soon after the arrival of the first farmers, a temple to the chaotic good goddess of agriculture, Merikka, was erected, and thus, the village of Orlane was born. The land here proved to be very rich, often producing crops half again as large as those grown in more mundane soil. Orlane quickly grew into a thriving community of 300 people.

The current date is Earthday Readying 20th, 563. Any other questions?

No worries you said you wasn't sure if you could make it or not thanks for giving me a heads up. I have been ghosting your guy so I will turn him into a npc, should things change give me a shout and I will work you in. :)

I do have a couple #1 its been a long time since I played 1st edt D&D If I multiclass my Half Orc and make him be lets say a level 2 cleric and a level one fighter Will I have to abide by the rule that says a cleric cannot use edged weapons If so I will go with stright cleric #2 since I am 3rd level any chance of some magic items?, I hope I am not getting on your nerves with all the questions.

**edit** I looked it up my self and discovred that I can use edged weapons. the reson I asked that queaston in the first place is I read it some where it might have been a home brew rule. Getting to work on my PC as we speak

Dark
02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I do have a couple #1 its been a long time since I played 1st edt D&D If I multiclass my Half Orc and make him be lets say a level 2 cleric and a level one fighter Will I have to abide by the rule that says a cleric cannot use edged weapons If so I will go with stright cleric #2 since I am 3rd level any chance of some magic items?, I hope I am not getting on your nerves with all the questions.

**edit** I looked it up my self and discovred that I can use edged weapons. the reson I asked that queaston in the first place is I read it some where it might have been a home brew rule. Getting to work on my PC as we speak

No worries and no questions are not getting on my nerves at all anytime you have a question please feel free to ask me. :)

Excior
02-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Dark I decided to go stright Cleric 3rd level, the Hit Point thing was wat finally did it forme. now since I am third level can I just pick and choose my normal equipment within reason. and do I have any magic items. maybe a feld medic kit of magic healing.

Dark
02-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Nonmagical items sure but sorry no magical items to start with.

DragonPrince
02-21-2009, 12:40 PM
IO have most of the 1st and 2nd edition books if that is what kinda player u are lookin for is there still room? If so what class is needed and get hold of me

Dark
02-21-2009, 02:05 PM
1. Gnome Thief/Illusionist extraordinaire
2. Human Fighter
3. Halfling Thief
4. Elf Fighter/ MU
5. Half-orc Cleric

I will leave the choice to you of what you wish to play. Read the first ten posts to learn on character generation, level, etc.

BADASSS
02-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Hey.. new guy here, looking to join a good adventure. Got a spot for a newbie? And I noticed you're short of a mage, interested in a gray elf wizard with a tendency to be gleefully greedy for new spells and with a grown tolerance for other races?
I'll give you a Magic Weapon! :D

I'm real new to this btw and only have the online srd hypertext rulebook for reference (rulebooks in Malaysia cost a manhood) and memorizing If I don't make the cut its fine.. reading is almost as fun anyway.
My roll for the dice and errr.. should I arrange the stats as I see fit?sorry bout the newbie questions.. link
http://http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1951211/ (http://http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1951211/)

Die roll for Artanis[/B]

Rolled on: 2009-02-23 01:22:19.444242
3d6 → [4,6,4] = (14)
3d6 → [1,2,1] = (4)
3d6 → [5,6,6] = (17)
3d6 → [5,5,5] = (15)
3d6 → [5,1,1] = (7)
3d6 → [5,6,5] = (16)

DragonPrince
02-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Well with school and work I will not be able to help u guys. I wish thinks would be different but with the other on-line game going on I better not fill my schedule to deep otherwise there will be no family time. Thanks for the offer though and if things change I will let u know. **bows respectfully to Dark**

Dark
02-24-2009, 04:22 PM
No worries.

Zax
04-02-2009, 01:23 AM
There wouldn't happen to be any spare places going here would there? I'm looking for a good game, I haven't ever played this edition but i could get it asap and familiarize myself with it pretty soon if there were any spaces?

Dark
04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Sorry not at this moment.