PDA

View Full Version : Gamma World!

purestrainhuman
12-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Ever wanted to play an anthropomorphic badger with laserbeams that shoot out of his eyes? How about a winged man with lobster claws that eats radiation? An intelligent bit of shrubbery that can tell the future, perhaps?

All this and more awaits in the world of Gamma Terra, life after the bomb. Okay, several hundred bombs, biowarfare agents and chemicals. It's a world shared by the last surviving humans, mutated plants and animals, where those with superpowers fight those with superweapons. You will start out as younglings coming of age in the ruins of the ancient desert city Bukurkee, fighting man and beast alike as you forge your legend in this science-fantasy world.

I'm basically GMing a homebrew version here. Mostly 4th edition, but using the action chart as a critical hit/miss chart, and some sanding done to some of the rougher edges of the rules. Time, location and frequency of the meetings is completely flexible, but I wouldn't be looking to start until after the new year, and I do work for a living, so Tuesdays at noon probably won't work.

As a GM, I tend to favor roleplaying over rollplaying, I like challenging players brains, rather than seeing who can put the best english on the dice, but fear not, there are plenty of landsharks, Knights of Genetic Purity and giant irradiated ants to go around for those who enjoy the more visceral aspects of the game.

I'll actually be running the group through the same story arcs I ran my last group through before I was forcibly relocated to Dallas, which is an overarcing campaign with several "chapters", giving the characters a wider and wider perspective of the wild wild world of Gamma World!

Webhead
12-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Ever wanted to play an anthropomorphic badger with laserbeams that shoot out of his eyes?...

In a word: Abso-fricken-lutely!!!

Seriously, you just described my dream character right there! :lol:

I'm intrigued to get into a good Gamma World game. I'm a M-F, 8-to-5er as well, live on the opposite side of Dallas (Rowlett) and have wife and kids, but depending on exact schedule, I may be able to work in time for such a game. At the very least, I may have a group that may like your presence at our table.

Funny, I found myself pondering running a Savage Worlds Fallout/Hell on Earth campaign as the next game for our group just this week.

Thunderstroke
07-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Ah, I was just this morning going through my old Gamma World (and I mean old, 1st edition) stuff. A campaign sounds great. Are you still playing?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-06-2009, 01:17 AM
I hate you guys. I'd love to play Gamma World with you all. I own everything ever published, and a few things that weren't. When the heck is teleportation devices going on the market, anyway?

Werekoala
07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I love Gamma World too - never played any verison of the rules but 1st Edition though (yeah, old...). Maybe I should dig out the old rules and see about a PbP or something if there's some interest. One good thing about it - anything goes (usually). :)

purestrainhuman
07-08-2009, 03:32 PM
This never really got off the ground, but it still can, with sufficient interest.

Thunderstroke
07-09-2009, 07:21 AM
I am up for it if we can get another couple of people.

purestrainhuman
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Okay, resurrecting this again here, I actually found about 3 people IRL who are up for this, hoping I can round this out with some of you fine folks. I've sent PMs to those who have responded previously, but the more the merrier.

At this point, I'm confident enought that this is on the roll that I'm collecting email addys. Once I've got everyone's I'll be sending out a mass email to get everyone connected, at which point we'll hash out the times, dates, places and other details.

So if you're interested, PM me with your email address!