PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Seattle

Mirina
12-18-2008, 03:52 PM
So those who live in this area are essentially homebound for today (possibly tomorrow as well) because of the snow. I went out to take some pictures today and wanted to post them here.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Very cool, Mirina. Thanks for posting... and keep us up to date.

Bearfoot_Adam
12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah Portland had a snow day on Monday though it was mostly ice and really lame snow. Enjoy the season.

Farcaster
12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow! You look way too happy in that last pic :biggrin:

I'm here snowed-in Seattle as well. It looks like about five inches of accumulation over here in South Bellevue.

cplmac
12-19-2008, 11:39 AM
And how much equipment does each municipality up there have to deal with snow removal? It does make for some nice pictures though.

MortonStromgal
12-19-2008, 12:56 PM
And how much equipment does each municipality up there have to deal with snow removal? It does make for some nice pictures though.

None, IIRC from the snow of 04 they borrowed from other places. On the other side of the mountains (less than 2 hr drive) they get snow all the time but in Seattle we don't plow or sand. If we did most of the roads would be ok. Up where we live they finally started sanding the main roads... We don't live on a main road though so its a hockey rink out front.

Valdar
12-24-2008, 12:07 PM
It dumped another two inches last night, and the slush froze. Definitely cancelling plans for today. And it's still coming down.

Watching a van with chains on slide down my street out of control was the deciding factor.

Dark
12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm from the Northeast and I can say with all honesty I feel for you folk.

vic_kidd
12-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Sure....go ahead and rub it in.....it snows after I move away from there (Kitsap County)....I'm still waiting for y'all to send it all over here.

Aidan
12-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Sure....go ahead and rub it in.....it snows after I move away from there (Kitsap County)....I'm still waiting for y'all to send it all over here.

I'd gladly send it to you. I was born and raised in Seattle and I detest snow. Normally, if we get any snow at all in a winter it's a light dusting in January or February, but we've had snow dumped on us in December the last two years in a row and it absolutely paralyzes the city.

tesral
12-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Anyone for a little global warming?

cplmac
12-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Anyone for a little global warming?

I thought they said that was already in progress?:confused:

tesral
12-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Yep, and we have colder snowier winters.....

vic_kidd
12-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I was was born and raised in the Bremerton area. I left there 3 1/2 years ago. But now that it is snowing there now and not here almaost makes me wish I was back there......NOT!!!:lol:

I'd gladly send it to you. I was born and raised in Seattle and I detest snow. Normally, if we get any snow at all in a winter it's a light dusting in January or February, but we've had snow dumped on us in December the last two years in a row and it absolutely paralyzes the city.