PDA

View Full Version : Splintered Megalopolis: OOC

lokiare1
12-15-2008, 11:47 AM
This is a Dungeons and Dragon's 4th Edition campaign that is looking for 3-6 characters starting at level 1.

You may use any of the races out of the back of the monster manual, but be warned they are not welcome within sanctuary, and until you gain a reputation your character will face hardships. This also applies to Tieflings as they are considered the spawn of the Infernals.

It is suggested that you read the first post in the Sanctuary thread as this contains most of the background information that will be needed. I expect players to describe what their characters will do, but not how their actions will be reacted to. An example would be:

"Beldrath, walks up to the barkeep and slams a handful of gold onto the worn bar, and shouts 'The mead is on me tonight!'. Then smiles as the other patrons lift their mugs in salute"

This post is unacceptable because it decides how the patrons in the tavern react to his action. A better post would be:

"Beldrath, walks up to the barkeep and slams a handful of gold onto the worn bar, and shouts 'The mead is on me tonight!'. Then smiles as he turns expecting the other patrons to lift their mugs in salute."

This shows what he expects to happen without saying that it happened.

Players should be able to check and post at least once per day, if they don't post once per day, then they will just go along with whatever the rest of the party decides to do. They will probably hang in the background until they post. There is usually no backtracking allowed when a player does not post. There may be exceptions that will be decided by me.

Other than that you can pretty much do what you want.

There is a good online character sheet at http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/ it is called the profiler. It is not required for play, but using it and posting a link in your signature or at the end of each post would be helpful.

Splintered Megalopolis: OOC This is where you post out of character questions and talk. If you must post out of character in the Sanctuary forum please clearly label it.

Tsquared80
12-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Don't have the time to read right now, but I will later and will probably be interested. I'd prefer to try out a warlock.

lokiare1
12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
That sounds good to me. Let me know your stats. I prefer that you use the "Profiler" at http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/ and just put it in your signature or link to it in the OOC chat.

Tsquared80
12-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Will this work? (see signature)

Work in progress, though.

lokiare1
12-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I'd much prefer that you use the one that I linked to. So I don't have to download an excel file each time I want to view your character.

Tsquared80
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Take 2.

lokiare1
12-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Ok, looks good. Do you want to go ahead and start, or do you want to wait for a couple more players?

Tsquared80
12-21-2008, 07:59 AM
We can wait a little bit. I'm still debating if I want to be a Doppleganger or not.

lokiare1
12-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Ok, that will work. I guess I'm going to have to advertise.

akela122301
12-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey, I've never played 4e, but I'd like to try it out. (I don't believe other people's opinions, on Anything; rather find out for myself)
Anyway, I'd like to go for an elven rogue.

Edit: Okay, not sure if this looks right, but I'll go ahead and submit this, as a rough draft.
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=20534

lokiare1
12-26-2008, 01:40 AM
That sounds good to me. Do you have access to the rules? if not I could PM you with the details for an elven rogue. Otherwise please use the character sheet provided by http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler.php? it is the best way to have easy access to a character sheet. If you can, put a link to your character in your signature, if you can't (or would prefer not to), then just link to it in the OOC section, and we can refer back to it when we need to see it. (I prefer in your signature because it is easier).

akela122301
12-26-2008, 06:14 AM
Nah, I found and downloaded all the current 4e sourcebooks online. Look at my above post for my character sheet.
It may be a bit rough, but I think it's right.

lokiare1
12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Ok, that sounds good. We have two players, and maybe a third player on the way, so we can start now. Are there any questions before we begin?

darthseb
12-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Is it too late for another to join? Will you allow an artificer?

lokiare1
12-27-2008, 11:10 AM
That would be great. I read the artificer and I have found the Artificer PDF file on my computer. I think it would make a great addition to the game. The only thing is that there are no front line fighters or defenders yet.

When you get your character made use the Tangled web profiler found here:

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler.php?

to do your character sheet. Then link to it in your signature (or if you don't want to do that put a link in the OOC thread)

I see this forum has a dice roller.

Since we have enough people I think we are going to start.

akela122301
12-27-2008, 11:31 AM
If you like, I'll also make a fighter. I like running more than one character.

lokiare1
12-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Akela the alignments that 4e uses are lawful good, good, unaligned, evil, chaotic evil. I noticed you put NG on your sheet.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
That's ok we can run through the first few adventures without too much problems.

akela122301
12-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Akela the alignments that 4e uses are lawful good, good, unaligned, evil, chaotic evil. I noticed you put NG on your sheet.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
That's ok we can run through the first few adventures without too much problems.

Alright, it's no problem for me, though.
Here's the guy I wanted to run.
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=20560

darthseb
12-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Alright, I think my working sheet is in my sig.

Nobody
12-27-2008, 05:23 PM
I would like to play cleric

lokiare1
12-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Ok, that would be nice. We need some kind of front line fighter type, and a cleric will work. Make your character using:

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler.php?

and put a link to it in your signature.

Nobody
12-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I have my character almost done. k?

lokiare1
12-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Whenever you are ready just post to the Splintered Megalopolis page.

Tsquared80
01-07-2009, 10:48 AM
The barkeep said the Halfling wasn't necessarily a regular, just that he was here with Cerin last night, but the Halfling said he was just here to see what was going on and didn't really admit he was actually "with" Cerin.

Just want to make sure I understand.

lokiare1
01-10-2009, 07:27 PM
That is correct.

akela122301
01-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I assume that Doromii, having essentially grown up in Sanctuary, would know where the prison is from the tavern, AND know ways to get to Cerin, unofficial ways?

lokiare1
01-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Doromii knows where the prison is, but you have to make a streetwise check to see if you know how to get to Cerin using unofficial channels. You get a +2 for being familiar with the town though.

illgottengains
01-17-2009, 10:01 PM
hey guys.

New to this system but not to dnd or pbp games.

I have a human paladin rolled up.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=103293

hopefully that link should work.

Would love to get into a game, and I can throw together some history for the character on confirmation of acceptance.

lokiare1
01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
That would be fine. I haven't really double checked your character, but we'll deal with that when we come to it. Feel free to join in.

akela122301
01-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Okay, other than me, the last person to post ingame was darthseb, a week ago yesterday. Am I the only one playing now?

Tsquared80
01-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Veraan is back at the inn awaiting your return. I'm not sure where everyone else is.

darthseb
01-26-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm playing. I just didn't want the game to devolve into a back-&-forth between you (Akela) and me, so I waited for someone else to post. Maybe I should post again? ...And I assume Nobody's with Veraan, but given his history so far in this campaign, I can't be certain.

Infinite_Kydeem
01-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Are you still accepting new players?

Tsquared80
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Is this campaign still going? Seems like a lot of time has passed with no activity.

darthseb
02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Well, if we're being completely honest, I'm completely happy with our players, even the omnipresent one, and Lokiare, you've been a fantastic DM so far... There are two issues I have, though. First, I have college. My first semester. Kind of been busy. Second, I don't see where the campaign is going. At best, we'll stop the dwarf and/or halfling, but then what? Then we clear his name and he can't be smeared again, right? Campaign over! What, you want us to go after the creature we'll inevitably find out hired them? If we were to clear Cerin's name, I think it's safe to say the city won't be as easily fooled from then on, so it would be useless for this unknown plotter to try again. Following this logic, why would we even chase that person in the first place? Because Hanbrig's angry? Ooh, wild goose chase fueled by emotion rather than logic! I'm sure elves and Eladrin would go for that! Sorry...The sarcasm is only there to drive the point.