PDA

View Full Version : Last Airbender movie

boulet
12-10-2008, 06:01 PM
There seems to be a plan for a live-action version of The Last Airbender (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/10/first-look-the-cast-of-the-last-airbender/). Thought some of you might be interested.

Webhead
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Indeed. There was a brief interview with M. Knight on the second season DVD set. It was revealed there that the plans are for a trilogy, with one film representing each of the show's 3 seasons.

I'll go see it. It will be interesting. I know that a great deal will be lost in translation. Afterall, each 2 hour film is attempting to condense about 7 hours worth of the show. That means over 70% of the story will have to be cut. But, what makes me at least cautiously optimistic is that M. Knight is doing it as a labor of love. He actually approached the series' creators and asked them if he could do the films because he and his daughter got hooked on the show.

So, we shall see. Avatar is one of the best TV shows I've watched in a long time. I'll go see the films even if only out of admiration for their source material.

Edit: Oh yes, and because of James Cameron's unrelated upcoming film also named Avatar, the films will not be allowed to go by that name. So, they are instead simply being called The Last Airbender.