PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms 3.0/3.5

elmorte
12-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Hail and well met, come join a great group of people as we adventure through the realms. a few house rules are in effect including the "kids gloves" rule for the first 3 levels <max hp instead of dice rolling till 4th level> and paladins are no longer to have the stick in the rear feat as a requirement. Most WOTC books allowed but must first be okied by the DM first. Non core feats/prestige classes/spells can be attained but must first be properly roleplayed. Newbie friendly as well as old school warmly welcomed. Got questions feel free to message me on here or email me at omf_omf-at-hotmail.com

Windrider687
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I might be interested; what are we using to play with? What days/times?

blazingswordsman
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I might join. Can u give more info on the setting/campaign?

elmorte
12-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Game time is currently Saturdays from noon to when ever central time. I use a chat/dice roller program called game table (not hard to find with Google) for running the game. any one interested in joining should send me a pm with either their yahoo/msn/or aim messenger contact so we can do up characters and so i can pass out server info.

the setting itself is in the forgotten realms currently starting in Waterdeep. things are going to be pretty simple to start off with so every one can get to know each other and adapt to each others play style. I try to run a game where every one gets a chance to do something important to drive the story if possible.

SmittyMN
12-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd like to join.
I'm new to Pen and Paper Games though, so I'll need some coaching.

Let me know brsmitty@gmail.com

:mad::mad::mad:

darthseb
12-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I'd like to join. I'm a very new DnD player (played 4th once, never played 3.5), so if that's not your thing, I'll understand. I'd also like to know how to get Game Table to work. I'm running Vista, does that program just not work with my OS?

akela122301
12-25-2008, 07:51 AM
I'd be interested. I am a player with about 4 yrs DnD experience. I'd like to play a rogue of some kind.

t.g27
12-25-2008, 10:42 PM
i am intrested...would like to play either a fighter or clericor whatever is needed

Jaywalk
12-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I'd like to join if there's still room
Would prefer to play a rogue/monk/sorcerer

Broadaxe
12-31-2008, 08:03 PM
I am interested in join if there is still room as long and as I can play a Dwarf with a bad attitude.

smit0464
01-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I'd like to play. I can fill any party role you need (arcane/healer/tank/rogue) although I'm a real crappy rogue.

I have been itching to try a Dread Necromancer from Heroes of Horror

lugwrench
01-16-2009, 04:49 AM
hey I just joined and I would like to join this game but I have no books so I will have to learn as the game goes along.

elmorte
02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately due to no longer having my job and the sudden need to get things taken care off, i will no longer have appropriate time to run a game. Thank you to every one who was playing and to every one who was interested in joining. If things straighten out soon perhaps ill be able to join some one else's game as time provides.

Keep on gaming....

elmorte
04-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Currently looking to start the game back up right here on the site. I have decided to go with the dice roller in the chat room system here for continuation of this game. Currently looking to recruit some fresh blood into the game.

Seeking:

players who have atleast played a few games of 3.5 dnd, you dont have to be experts with the system or know everything but im looking to not have to explain the entirety of the system.

I am a storyteller by nature so there is going to be some "slow parts" so any one looking for just a quick hack and slash gm probaly wont like me very much. if your a player who is open to plenty of role play chances as well as having your chance for cinametic adventure then you will probaly enjoy my games.

I am also a jester at heart and have a wicked sense of humor. i am not unknown for throwing something completely odd at you as part of a storyline. this does not mean the games break down into one giant monty python episode, however please bring with you a good sense of humor.

Most importantly...no rules lawyering. im not perfect no gm is and i am more then willing to discuss and work thru anything with any one...but i will not have some one dictate to me how my game is going to be run.

so any one who thinks they would still like to join in this new forray into my little Forgotten Realms world with my modifications and storylines then by all means message me. Dont ask what everyone else is playing just be who you want to be from the core books. got ?'s send em to me and well see what we end up with.

Ashene
04-04-2009, 02:07 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun, count me in Elm! I'd love to join as an elf or human cleric or wizard, I haven't really decided. Let me know when this is going to get rolling.

jho251981
04-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I would like to join your game.

What times do you play? Is this online?

Gabriel_Knight
04-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I`m also interested in joining you game.Anyway, that is if you still have a spot...

PlattevilleGamer
04-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I am also interested and I believe I already gave you my character sheet. Let me know when this is running.

eaglewing
04-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I'd love to join as a wizard.

grimlock
04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey, I would love to join. I'm new to the registry and online games but I'm quick to learn. I've played 3.5 since it was released and I enjoy lots of role-playing as well as a good fight. I would like to play a Half-Elf Scout. Please pm or e-mail me with anymore info.

Thanks!

elmorte
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Currently looking to get this game started this saterday 6pm in the chat system here in a private room. with the untimely ritual suicide of my laptop i no longer have any ones char sheets accessable so i will need every one who has currently got their sheets done to send me a pm or email with the sheet. for those who are still wanting to join in on the gaming as we still have a few spots open here are the rules.

forgotten realms setting

level 5 chars to start(unless using a nonstandard race see below)

stats - 4d6 reroll 1's keep the best 3

kids glove rule - max hp for the first 3 levels

nothing non-core realms campaign setting book or the three 3.5 core manuals with out dm approval

starting gp 9,000 - this may be contrary to what i told some of you earlier so feel free to take this time and update your chars with better equip because i think i said to most of you 5,400

*nonstandard races*
must first be approved by dm and nothing higher then a +1 CLA, if you dont understand what a CLA is please feel free to pm me or any one of the other nice people on this site for more info :)

last but not least for the love of god have atleast a small background for your char. we already got 1 orphan so the fewer the better. you can be as ambigous about your background with everyone else as you want but if you leave holes in your background with me be prepared for me to fill those holes in for you during play, for better or worse.

currently im looking to start the game or atleast get every one prepped at about 6pm CST, if you know your going to show but are going to be a little later then that feel free to pm me and let me know so i can work something out with ya. Same goes if you have any further questions.

with all of that out of the way hoping to see some smiling faces wrote out in text in a few days and am looking to a fun adventure with you all.

elmorte
04-17-2009, 05:38 PM
For those of you who are interested i have had only 2 people so far actually give me char sheets. Game starts tomarrow at 6pm central standard time. i can wait a little longer but i would prefere to get things handles asap. hard to plot storylines early with out players working with me ^_^ hope to see you all tomarrow.

jho251981
04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Hello, do you still need more players?

I would like to join. What chars do you prefer or need?

I prefer to play a Ranger or a Rogue.

elmorte
04-20-2009, 12:40 PM
thank you to every one who would like to join my campaign. currently we have reached capacity and are no longer looking for additional players at this time.

may your adventures never end, your swords stay ever sharp, and may your beards be never cut.