PDA

View Full Version : Uphill Preconceptions

akela122301
12-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Hi. This is my first campaign of this nature. It consists of a group of monsters having to fight, not only the bad guys, but the assumptions made by the scholar "everybody" (i.e., everybody knows that ogres are evil brutes, etc.)
This will start as soon as I have enough interested people. If you are interested, send me a character concept at akela122301@yahoo.com.
Now for the basic rules. Players must use monsters found in the Monster manual. They may not use races found in the Player's Handbook, nor any derivation of that race, such as drow or duergar. There is a max CR of 5, and the character will start at 7th level, including level adjustments. Contact me for further details.
Again, this is my first campaign of this nature, so bear with me. I check my email often, so I should get back to you fairly quickly.

akela122301
12-09-2008, 05:16 PM
The following are monster races I will definitely accept.
Bugbear, centaur, doppelganger, gargoyle, githyanki, githzerai, gnoll, goblin, grimlock, harpy, hobgoblin, kobold, kuo-toa, lizardfolk, minotaur, ogre, orc, satyr, any of the sprites, troglodyte, troll, or yuan-ti pureblood.

If you want to run something not on this list, run it by me, and I'll decide on a case by case basis.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the class list. I suggest the base classes for now. However, if you want to run something else, run it by me. I have complete adventurer and complete warrior, so if what you want isn't in those or the Player's handbook, send me the complete details.

Again, my email is akela122301@yahoo.com

I would like to get this started just after Christmas.

akela122301
12-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Oh, one more thing. Ability scores will be decided with point buy, with 32 points to spend. Hit points will be max for the first class level, then half the HD for even levels and half +1 for odd levels. If there are racial HD, then first one is maxed, and the rest of the HD, including from class levels continue as noted earlier. If there are racial feats, then there is no feat for the first class level. This will ensure that everything is fairly apportioned.

troglodyte100
12-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm in. I would like to play as a watered-down balor, but if you think we can't make it reasonable, I'll figure something else out. Hope you get more people.

akela122301
12-18-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm in. I would like to play as a watered-down balor, but if you think we can't make it reasonable, I'll figure something else out. Hope you get more people.

Well, there's a reason I didn't want monsters past CR5. However, give me some idea of how watered down the balor would be, and I'll consider it. Email it to me, and we'll discuss it. My email address is in the first and second posts.

akela122301
12-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Well, anyone interested in this campaign, I am going to change it, from using chatzy, to using play by post.
The play by post will be on a forum on this site. If anyone is interested, keep watching this thread and I will post the location.

Soft Serve
12-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Good deal. That will allow people a much more flexible playing schedule, and I can play now without cutting into my Lovecraft game too much.

Windrider687
12-20-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd be interested now with it being a play by post now; I'll email you with character ideas as soon as I can.

akela122301
12-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Right now, the best way to get into immediate contact with me is via AIM or Yahoo Messenger. The handle is the same as here, akela122301. Let me know if you are interested. Oh, and when you email your character concepts, put race and class in the subject line, or Uphill Preconceptions, so I look at it right away. Hope to hear from more people soon.

akela122301
12-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Okay, so far I have a half-balor, a meenlock druid, a doppelganger rogue and a githzerai monk in the making. I would also like to have another brawler and at least one other support type. Again, there is a list above of races I would definitely approve. If you want to run something else, run it by me.
I will also accept the standard classes found in the Player's Handbook(barbarian, bard, cleric, druid, fighter, monk, paladin, ranger, rogue, sorcerer, wizard). I also have Complete Adventurer (ninja, scout, spellthief) and Complete Warrior (hexblade, samurai, swashbuckler). I even have the Player's Handbook 2 (beguiler, dragon shaman, duskblade, knight).
So, there it is. If you wish to join up, let me know.

Edit: Okay, from the above, add an immoth cleric and a maug warblade. Also, I have received 4 sheets from the people that are already in.

akela122301
12-28-2008, 04:15 AM
Okay, for all concerned. I have decided that each PC will also have 1 item of legacy, taken from Weapons of Legacy. If you do not get back to me in time, I will choose it for you.
The item can be anything you meet the qualifications to wield. You may have the Least Legacy already activated, although I may veto that, depending on the item chosen.

joshbot
12-28-2008, 12:10 PM
idd be interested in joining if its not too late

akela122301
12-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Okay, what did you have in mind?

Bribri
12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Just for the record there folks I have two characters made up for this game:

'Dee' A Dog Hengeyokai Factotum (A Shape-shifter/Jack of all Trades) and

'Alice' A Iron Maiden Warblade (Re-flavored 'Maug'. Basically just a 'very' strong intelligent construct)

Been discussing the ideas with the DM. I'll be taking one or the other depending on the party makeup/DM approval. And no, I have no intentions of running both at once hahaha. I like one character per game thanks ^_^;