PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving PnP Games!!!!

Tamerath
11-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Chi
11-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Happy thanksgiving to you to

Freejack
11-27-2008, 09:19 PM
I had friends over from the Meetup group last night. We played old Talisman until 3am.

We woke up at 11amish :) and headed out for lunch.

"Closed on Thanksgiving? Who ever heard of a dump being closed on Thanksgiving?"

Since none of the Indian food places appeared to be open, we headed back home and I had left overs from last night.

For dinner we had turkey breasts rolled in real breadcrumbs and baked in leftover spaghetti sauce (home made).

Now I'm dinking around with my Shadowrun game and getting ready for Sunday's adventure.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Carl

cplmac
11-28-2008, 07:35 PM
As I believe is required by some law, I ate way more than I should have. Unfortunately, the wife & I had to turn in early, so as to be up in time to be at work the next morning at 4:45 AM. The joys of working in retail.

Etarnon
11-28-2008, 10:18 PM
We had a good meal also. Happy Thanksgiving to all gamers.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Happy belated Thanksgiving to Tamerath and everyone else on these boards.

Grimwell
11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
We had a long day with the extended family that was a very good time. Naturally there was too much food, and too much pie, but I did my level best to face and defeat these problems. :)

Yesterday I actually got up early and shopped Black Friday, for the first time in my life. Not only did I survive, but we did quite well on our list and expected costs. Plus I got a Guitar Hero "guitar" for $10 on a whim. Bonus!

I hope each and every one of you had a great day this week.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-29-2008, 01:55 PM
We had a long day with the extended family that was a very good time. Naturally there was too much food, and too much pie, but I did my level best to face and defeat these problems. :)

Yesterday I actually got up early and shopped Black Friday, for the first time in my life. Not only did I survive, but we did quite well on our list and expected costs. Plus I got a Guitar Hero "guitar" for $10 on a whim. Bonus!

I hope each and every one of you had a great day this week.
I have always meant to shop 'Black Friday' but as of yet, have never. Stating this, ive seen folks waiting around the corner of buildings on cold nights and this is something i just wouldnt do. Why? There isnt anything i need or want that badly, but, more power to those that do. I do, however, enjoy people watching. It mildly entertains me. Why? I do not know.

MortonStromgal
11-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I enjoyed soup :eek: I got my wisdom teeth pulled tuesday. I now have a -4 WIS. I have to say the soup was delicious though.

tesral
11-30-2008, 02:49 AM
Oy, what a day to have tooth work.

For once my Mother's turkey did not rival Death Valley for dry. A good season to all.

GoddessGood
11-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Happy Turkey-osity!

This was my first Thanksgiving away from home. I thought I might be spending it alone when I moved, but lucky for me I found a wonderful man and spent it with him and his family. I made the first turkey I've ever made, and we had way too much food to go with it including 3 different pies (chocolate, pumpkin and a pecan pie laced with dark and white chocolate kisses). We played Cribbage and Balderdash and Rummy (all games I'd never played before) and my beau's dad taught me how to watch football. All in all, it was a great day and I had much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for all my friends at P&PG, too :biggrin:

Grimwell
11-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Congrats on your first turkey Goddess! Your Baking Skill has gained +3 ranks.

Chi
11-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I had friends over from the Meetup group last night. We played old Talisman until 3am.

We woke up at 11amish :) and headed out for lunch.

"Closed on Thanksgiving? Who ever heard of a dump being closed on Thanksgiving?"

Since none of the Indian food places appeared to be open, we headed back home and I had left overs from last night.

For dinner we had turkey breasts rolled in real breadcrumbs and baked in leftover spaghetti sauce (home made).

Now I'm dinking around with my Shadowrun game and getting ready for Sunday's adventure.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Carl
That sounds delicious!

As I believe is required by some law, I ate way more than I should have. Unfortunately, the wife & I had to turn in early, so as to be up in time to be at work the next morning at 4:45 AM. The joys of working in retail.
Ya I feel ya, I did not have to work that early but the lines were terrible they wrapped around the store twice.

Happy Turkey-osity!

This was my first Thanksgiving away from home. I thought I might be spending it alone when I moved, but lucky for me I found a wonderful man and spent it with him and his family. I made the first turkey I've ever made, and we had way too much food to go with it including 3 different pies (chocolate, pumpkin and a pecan pie laced with dark and white chocolate kisses). We played Cribbage and Balderdash and Rummy (all games I'd never played before) and my beau's dad taught me how to watch football. All in all, it was a great day and I had much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for all my friends at P&PG, too :biggrin:
You will have to tell me how to cook the turkey for next year! My mom normally goes to texas for thanksgiving but she stayed home and cooked for thriondel and I, but next year I will be on my own!

Farcaster
11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
I didn't aim to shop on Black Friday, but as fate would have it our TiVo gave up the ghost. So, to keep the peace in my house, I went out to Best Buy and picked up a new one. And actually, other than some slightly contentious parking, it was a breeze getting in and out. Of course, it helped that I used the In-Store Pickup feature, so I didn't have to wait in the main line.

cplmac
11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
We actually had some idiot break open the one door down by our Men's dept. that morning. The management staff has said that we will have to have someone at that door next year. I've already been told that with my background, I will be one of the people at the door next year. From what I understand, it was one guy that as he yanked the door open and came running in, he said that it was close enough to 5 AM. Of course, everyone else followed right behind him since the door was now broken. At least noone got trampled like I saw happened at a couple of other places in the country.

GoddessGood
12-01-2008, 09:50 AM
You will have to tell me how to cook the turkey for next year! My mom normally goes to texas for thanksgiving but she stayed home and cooked for thriondel and I, but next year I will be on my own!
Is easy. Listen to everything this man says:

Alton Brown's guide to wondermous turkey:
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acUg1jaUzOY)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zUEOnhF9OM)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2eTYhlQoAg)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIDTZIqgUE)

The turkey took longer than 2 hours to cook though, we ended up adding an extra hour to the cook time but it was still juicy! Trust this man with your culinary life :cool:

tesral
12-01-2008, 10:22 AM
At least noone got trampled like I saw happened at a couple of other places in the country.

Insane, totally insane. No "great deal" is worth that sort of thing.

Grimwell
12-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Never underestimate the vapidity of your fellow humans. Especially the ones with artificial attachment to material goods. :(

tesral
12-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Never underestimate the vapidity of your fellow humans. Especially the ones with artificial attachment to material goods. :(

Like new gaming books?

Grimwell
12-01-2008, 11:24 PM
You are all heart, now go read a pdf meanie.

tesral
12-02-2008, 03:15 AM
You are all heart, now go read a pdf meanie.

I like them, but I'm not attached.

New game book, from PDF. The B-13 PDF (Which is the only way you can get it) processed by a Print on Demand shop here in Metro Detroit called Guild of Blades (http://www.guildofblades.com/gobstore-madisonheights-mi.php). A game store and POD service rolled into one.

http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/SS_Modeler/B-13.jpg

Grimwell
12-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Ahhh, I thought you were being catty. My bad. ;)

Isn't paying for a PDF about as materialistic as paying for a book? Pot/Kettle and all.

Bah, don't answer -- it's not a fun tangent anyway.

Chi
12-02-2008, 02:32 PM
We actually had some idiot break open the one door down by our Men's dept. that morning. The management staff has said that we will have to have someone at that door next year. I've already been told that with by background, I will be one of the people at the door next year. From what I understand, it was one guy that as he yanked the door open and came running in, he said that it was close enough to 5 AM. Of course, everyone else followed right behind him since the door was now broken. At least noone got trampled like I saw happened at a couple of other places in the country.
Oh my goodness where do you work.

Is easy. Listen to everything this man says:

Alton Brown's guide to wondermous turkey:
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acUg1jaUzOY)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zUEOnhF9OM)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2eTYhlQoAg)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIDTZIqgUE)

The turkey took longer than 2 hours to cook though, we ended up adding an extra hour to the cook time but it was still juicy! Trust this man with your culinary life :cool:
Thank you!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
We actually had some idiot break open the one door down by our Men's dept. that morning. The management staff has said that we will have to have someone at that door next year. I've already been told that with by background, I will be one of the people at the door next year. From what I understand, it was one guy that as he yanked the door open and came running in, he said that it was close enough to 5 AM. Of course, everyone else followed right behind him since the door was now broken. At least noone got trampled like I saw happened at a couple of other places in the country.
Unbelievable. Just one more reason i dont shop Black Friday when given a choice.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I completely agree. I just wasnt born with such an odd impulse that would motivate me to do such things. Heck, i wouldnt even wait in line at such an early time. To me, it just isnt worth it.

nijineko
12-02-2008, 04:04 PM
happy thanksgiving, everyone! hope you all enjoyed it. =D

tesral
12-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Ahhh, I thought you were being catty. My bad. ;)

Isn't paying for a PDF about as materialistic as paying for a book? Pot/Kettle and all.

Bah, don't answer -- it's not a fun tangent anyway.

Big difference between buying something you want, and trampling some poor sod to get a "good deal". Yea, I want some things. No one's life is worth a single item in this house or even the house itself. The crass stupidity of black Friday is offensive.

And I didn't pay for that PDF. It was a gift from the Author.

Grimwell
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Well that's awesome! :D

While I am sad about the trampling, it's truly stupid and does not put us in a good light as a people; I'm also a bit proud about all the normal that happened on that day too.

Everywhere I shopped, people were orderly, polite, and helpful. We stood in our lines and talked politely about our kids, etc. and held spaces so people could get a cup of joe or excuse themselves for a few moments. Nobody was obsessing over being jerks and getting one thing at the expense of others. That was nice.

boulet
12-03-2008, 08:25 AM
...processed by a Print on Demand shop here in Metro Detroit called Guild of Blades (http://www.guildofblades.com/gobstore-madisonheights-mi.php). A game store and POD service rolled into one.

That's a nice concept ! Clever move from a LGS willing to survive the recession.

cplmac
12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh my goodness where do you work...

PM sent to you with the answer.

tesral
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
That's a nice concept ! Clever move from a LGS willing to survive the recession.

Better, they just opened. I was in the shop on their second day in business and they had eight books in front of mine. Good start at least. I will do what I can to support them.

Here is to wishing them all the best in their new endeavor.