PDA

View Full Version : Mature roleplayer wanted - San Francisco/Oakland

aikibrewer
11-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Five college-educated professionals, late-20s-early-40s, are looking for one mature roleplayer to round out our weekly RPG group.

We tend towards indie, story-telling games like Pendragon, Spirit of the Century/FATE, Dogs in the Vineyard.

We've also played: Ars Magica, Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green, Star Wars (d6), TORG.

We don't play: D&D, Palladium, or World of Darkness

We play Sundays, ~1-6PM, in SF and Oakland, about 4 weeks out of 5. We GM in rotation for ~2-4 months.

Experience is not as important as attitude. We look for people with good character- and plot-development skills, who will add to our stories and everyone's enjoyment, rather than power-gamers, rules-lawyers, gunbunnies, munchkins, or gloomcookies. (You know who you are, and if that's how you like to play, that's great, but you won't like our games.)

Ideally, you should have decent social skills (and hygiene) and be able talk about something other than gaming and general geekery. Yes, we're geeks and proud of it, but we also have lives. Four of us are married or engaged, and all of us have other, diverse non-gaming interests and friends.

More info at http://home.comcast.net/~aikibrewer/MrGamesAd.html (http://home.comcast.net/%7Eaikibrewer/MrGamesAd.html)

We'll want to meet with you at least once in person before we invite you to play, to get to know you and make sure our styles are compatible. If you're the kind of person we want, you'll probably want the same.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-19-2008, 02:27 AM
I moving up into the Bay Area in December. If you still have a seat open, i'd love to join your group. I'll be sure to contact you once the move is complete.

aikibrewer
11-20-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm "interviewing" someone this Saturday, but that's no guarantee he'll be joining us. We'll actually only be playing the first two weeks of December, and then taking a break for the holidays until about the second Saturday in January.

Where in the Bay Area are you moving to? In general, we're looking for folks in San Francisco or Oakland, or an adjacent town, somewhere accessible by BART (since not all of us drive).

Cheers!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I'll be a few minutes from the BART. Castro Valley area.

aikibrewer
11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Castro Valley's a bit beyond our usual range - that'd be a 35 minute BART trip each way for folks coming from San Francisco. We have had players from that far away before, but typically they have to come up to SF or Oakland, rather than us all schlepping down there.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
My understanding was that your game locations were already set and that i would travel to you, not the other way around. Of course i dont mind hosting, but that being said, if 35 minutes is an inconvenience for the other players, then i do understand.

Here's a good site thats specifically designed to help gamers find gamers. I've had some luck with it, perhaps you will too.

http://nearbygamers.com/

Game on!

aikibrewer
11-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clearer - we rotate hosting duties, so we play at a different member's home each week.

Believe me, I've tried just about every site, registry, and method for finding players in the 11 years since I've moved up here!

Anyway, we can discuss this more once you're up here. It seems like they guy we tried out yesterday is going to work out, but you never know.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
No worries.

Best of luck to you and your fellow gamers finding players. I'll make contact again once im up there and settled in.

Game on!