PDA

View Full Version : Dark Conspiracy (GDW & Others)

MortonStromgal
11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Whats your favorite setting (feel free to say homebrew) and whats your favorite system to run it?

Sascha
11-17-2008, 06:36 PM
When I played this in high school, we set it post-Twilight 2000, and used a variant of the d20 rules. Worked for us ;)

If I were to run it today, it'd be in a similar setup, post-WWIII and all, but with an updated in-game timeline - far enough in the future that tech borders on the fantastic, but not so far that there's no real-world predecessor today (so, nanotech is a go; cold fusion, not so much). Rules would be the d20 set presented in Proto-Dimensions, with a few adjustments here and there.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-17-2008, 09:06 PM
A Sci-fi, especially alternate history, for i love Traveller and Twilight2000. Keeping things dark and gritty are a must, with a healthy slice of homebrew. I like the proto-dimensions idea, just never obtained that book.

Sascha
11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Proto-dimensions are fun, as you get to tell Newton and Einstein to take a hike - Gothic, especially, holds a special place (probably because it was the first one I got to experience :P).

But the Darktek is, to me, more fascinating; those organic computers? Yeah, they have some real science (http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/11/02/brain.dish/) behind them. Makes the whole thing that much creepier ^_^