PDA

View Full Version : Character Classes and...colors!

ChaunceyK
11-16-2008, 07:09 PM
For whatever reason, I've always associated the four main character classes by a specific color....

Fighter (blue)
Mage (red)
Thief (green)
Cleric (that's yellow for Cleric, although it doesn't show very well)

...yet I have no idea why. Was it something I came up with on my own, or were they associated at some point in D&D's long history?

1958Fury
11-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Your post oddly reminds me of the original Gauntlet video game, where the colors were Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard... :)

MightySchoop
11-17-2008, 04:20 AM
Or how about Ultima 4, where each class was associated with a virtue and a color:

Mage - honesty - blue
Bard - Compassion - Yellow
Fighter - Valor - Red
Druid - Justice - Green
Tinker - Sacrifice - Orange
Paladin - Honor - Purple
Ranger - Spirituality - White
Shepherd - Humility - Black

ChaunceyK
11-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Hmm...well, neither offers a complete match to mine, but I'm thinking it is possible 1958Fury comes closest. I grew up about a 5-minute walk from a boardwalk with arcades everywhere, and one of the games I used to play was indeed Gauntlet. Could very well be that I've somehow tied the 2 games (Gauntlet and D&D) together, subconsciously adding my own twist to who gets what color.

Either that, or I'm just completely nuts. :crazy:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Your post oddly reminds me of the original Gauntlet video game, where the colors were Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, and Wizard... :)
Gauntlet video game?

The good: Ah, brings back fond memories.

The bad: Didnt care how it lightened my pocket of shiny objects, not unlike a master theif.

MortonStromgal
11-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I admit to enjoying even Gauntlet Ledgends :behindsofa:

tesral
11-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Red Warrior Needs Food Badly!

Gauntlet, II, Legends, Dark Legacy. I enjoyed them all.

Seven Sorrows was disappointing.

YES! I do own a PS2, and have been known to drop a game in it. I also went a whole year without ever touching a video game.

cplmac
11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh yeah, I too liked the original Gauntlet video game. What was always fun, was if you were lucky enough to get three other players on there at the same time and everyone was good. There was one time I remember that each of the four of us put in a single quarter and by working as a team, noone had to put another quarter in for over an hour. The guy at the arcade wasn't to happy with us though, but then, he wasn't making much money off of us either.

1958Fury
11-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Red Warrior Needs Food Badly!

Well, too bad because
Blue Valkyrie Shot The Food.

;)