PDA

View Full Version : Bard Diplomat

MortonStromgal
11-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm thinking of playing a Bard Diplomat type any ideas for 1st level? The DM is using 30pts point buy. I was tempted to do the swashbuckling type but not sure on that part. Mostly Diplomat and support the rest of the party (believed to be at this time a spellthief, illusionist, and paladin).

ignimbrite
11-12-2008, 04:14 PM
are you going to be dungeon crawling or in a city-type? diplomats can be fun to play and bards can get really good at it with the old suggestion ability

MightySchoop
11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
30 point buy, with a bard, Support/Diplomat style...

You'll want at least a 16 Charisma. I'd recommend a 12 Intelligence minimum.

Note that there are three skills which provide sunergy boosts to Diplomacy. Get them all.

If you're human, you can probably get away with skimping on Strength and blow your bonus feat on Rapid Reload. But then, I just think Crossbows are cool.

gdmcbride
11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I love playing talky characters particularly in a non-talky sort of campaign. Negotiate with the monsters, talk your way into the bed chamber of the wicked queen, leave a trail of broken hearts across the kingdom -- now what could be more Swords and Sorcery than that?

Go for the eighteen charisma, spend lots of money on clothes and cologne, wield a rapier and swing from every chandelier you find. Invest in magic that allows you to talk to everything! Never charge in without trying to con someone else into doing the heavy lifting for you. Be the scoundrel with the heart of gold.

Yeah, yeah, you won't be the most combat effective character in the world -- but so what? You'll have panache! That should drive the paladin crazy.

Gary

MortonStromgal
11-13-2008, 12:33 PM
So here is what I got please continue with suggestions

Jean Eglantine, human male bard

STR 8, DEX 14, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 18

Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Planning on Rapid Reload (3rd), Weapon Finesse (6th), Great Fortitude (9th), Negotiator (12th), Unknown (15th), Unknown (18th)

Skills at 4 ranks Speak Language, Sense Motive, Performance, Gather Infromation, Diplomacy, Bluff

Skills at 2 ranks Balance, Decipher Script, Move Silently, Tumble.