PDA

View Full Version : D&D D&D Miniatures Gallery: Demonweb

PnP News Bot
11-11-2008, 11:30 PM
http://www.wizards.com/books/images/dnd_logo_small.jpg

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

D&D Miniatures Gallery: Demonweb (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mg/dw)

View a gallery of photos of a complete set of the Demonweb miniatures, the seventeenth set of D&D miniatures. They're all here for your perusal and review.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-12-2008, 02:16 AM
There are enough cool and usable ones here to justify picking up the entire collection. Call me old-fashioned, but i do miss the metal mini's of the '70's, ahh-but i digress.

Grimwell
11-12-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't miss working in metal, or having to paint them, but I do miss having well coordinated miniatures. The random ones only failure for me is that you can't get a good set for a particular creature type, it's sprinklings of this or that.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-13-2008, 02:49 AM
I don't miss working in metal, or having to paint them, but I do miss having well coordinated miniatures. The random ones only failure for me is that you can't get a good set for a particular creature type, it's sprinklings of this or that.
Very true. As mentioned on another thread, i just purchase in bulk now, usually from Ebay, and organize them in labeled zip-lock baggies, and keep in an easy to get to box.

Buying in bulk always gives me enough of a 'sprinkling' or choices that would best apply to whatever the current scenario calls for.

Skunkape
11-13-2008, 08:54 AM
My big stink about the "collectable" minis is the market that got created by the whole "collectable" trend. Personally, I don't find any mini worth more than the amount of plastic/paint that goes into making it.

But, if the market will pay a certain amount for something, you end up having a $2 mini worth $200!:(

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-13-2008, 10:02 AM
My big stink about the "collectable" minis is the market that got created by the whole "collectable" trend. Personally, I don't find any mini worth more than the amount of plastic/paint that goes into making it.

But, if the market will pay a certain amount for something, you end up having a $2 mini worth $200!:(
I agree with you, Skunkape. I'm not really a collector or mini's, either. I like the practical aspect, but that's it. Unusual mini's mean nothing to me. Give me mini's that i *will* actually use in a game. This is why i buy bulk; it gives me a 'sprinkling' of the 'commons' at an affordable price.