PDA

View Full Version : Icewind Dale OST (beautiful)

Total Nerd v2.135 (final)
11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey, If any of you love the beautiful compositions of Jeremy Soule (Morrowind, Supreme Commander, Oblivion, Icewind Dale) I recommend this ST highly! I especially love the main theme.
this is a zipped folder of mp3s (.zip)

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjwtrqjjmj0

Enjoy!
-Total Nerd

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey, If any of you love the beautiful compositions of Jeremy Soule (Morrowind, Supreme Commander, Oblivion, Icewind Dale) I recommend this ST highly! I especially love the main theme.
this is a zipped folder of mp3s (.zip)

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjwtrqjjmj0

Enjoy!
-Total Nerd
Some good tuneage found within. Thanx for posting.

Hilarious name, btw. :lol:

MortonStromgal
11-12-2008, 11:37 AM
On a side note galbadia hotel appears to have pulled the Bioware D&D games music. I wonder if too many D&D players were spreading the word and Bioware asked that they be removed. The links still exist but they point to nothing.

11-12-2008, 02:05 PM
They did a good job of consistently coordinating with good composers. although Mass effect was not so impressive (less epic brass and string concerto and more ambient new-age synth-pad s***)
There is no reason why space opera's should not also have beautiful epic classical overtures.

nijineko
11-13-2008, 08:22 AM
i hope those files aren't commercially available. it could cause trouble for the site. ^^

i'm rather fond of the commander series, and hope to play supreme commander someday. knowing that is has quality soundtracks is nice.

11-13-2008, 01:39 PM
I also have the Supreme Commander OST.

I can give you a link in a PM if you ask.

the Iewind Dale OST is neither commercial nor is it public domain. It's legal nature eludes me, but I do know that it is not copyright protected at this point. Black Isle was shut down by interplay and was never bought up or merged. all the staff were laid off. the composer was a contractor for the now non-existent company. But Soule gave the intellectual property rights for the score to Black Isle.

Supreme Commander OST IS copyrighted, however.
hope that helps.

GC13
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
You didn't include Total Annihilation in Soule's soundtrack credits! This is an outrage! :mad:

(I mean, come on, yes he did a lot of work, but to pass over TA? Blasphemy!)

Good work he does, though.

11-13-2008, 11:16 PM
lol, Im sorry!!! OF COURSE soule did TA's soundtrack!!

what a great man, that soule fellow!

nijineko
11-14-2008, 12:47 AM
thanks for the clarification! =D much appreciated. i still play ta, myself, from time to time.