PDA

View Full Version : Half Price Books stops hosting

ronpyatt
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Half Price Books on NW Hwy is no longer hosting groups. Here is the message I got from the organizer.

"We are currently restructuring the community room objectives and are no longer able to reserve space or time for organizations or groups. I understand this might be an inconvenience; however, we are working to improve the customer experience at our store."

That's ok. We've got wings.

raven21
11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
That sucks. I hate when companies do that hey were not saying we don't want you to game here, but sorry we don't want you to game here because we are trying to make it a better place to shop for people like you. That happened to a place I use to go and game at also. It didn't last long maybe a year before they whent back to the old way because people stoped coming around when they could no longer game there.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-05-2008, 04:33 AM
We had a store here that tried the same thing. 6 months later, they were in the red and had to close down.

Dimthar
11-05-2008, 01:29 PM
But does that actually means you can not go and play there? Or it just means you can't reserver a table, but still do the whole nine-yards?

I have to admit that we haven't played-meet there lately.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
In regards to the location in Ca., they use to let us play there, and in return, we showed our loyalty by purchasing items and bringing potential customers who, in turn, purchased from the store... even though it would be cheaper online. Then the store got this great idea, "lets not allow anyone to play here anymore in order improve customer service." Guess what? There sales dropped 60-80 percent and they eventually had to close down the store.

Mindbomb
11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
**** 'em

Nigel
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Did you guys ever find a new regular meeting place? Xmax games is just a little south of where the previous group met and I believe is open to groups meeting there. If anyone needs me to stop by and enquire I'd be happy.

ronpyatt
02-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Yes. We're having a meet in a couple weeks on March 10, and it will be at Xmax.

Event (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3345&day=2009-3-10&c=1)

Nigel
02-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Rock. I'm there.

Etarnon
02-26-2009, 02:22 AM
yeah if half-price books in pittsburgh started treating gamers like crap, they'd lose large portions of sales from collectors like myself and local FLGS stores, who get lots of used games from them.