PDA

View Full Version : D&D Tiny Adventures

MuslixtheMighty
11-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Recently I got myself a facebook account and while crawling through the thousands of applications one can use to decorate their page, I came across "Dungeons and Dragons: Tiny Adventures", and being the dork that I am, wasted no time looking into it.

D&D:TA is a very simple version of the 4th edition game. It has been set up for you to not be parked in front of the computer all day, but instead something you can check up on ever now and then. Each encounter comes down to one dice roll. You can pre-set healing potions so you can drink them when your character's health gets too low.

First you pick your adventurer, they list two of every class each a different race and gender, I took the male dragonborn fighter, then you name them, Muslix, and start adventuring.

I know that Myspace started going applications crazy when they saw how well they did on Facebook so it might be on Myspace as well, I don't know.

Grimwell
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I liked this, for a little while. After a few levels though it became more work than fun. ;)

Kalanth
11-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I still play this thing quite frequently. Right now I am on a 5th generation character and I have come so close to having a character in the top 10 retired character (last one missed by three points). Good times and easily ignorable to be honest.

1958Fury
11-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I like it. You don't get to actually do much besides inventory management, but it's still pretty neat.

Mead
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
About to hit generation 9 myself. Doubt I'll keep going after I get all the reward unlocks.

MuslixtheMighty
11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
One thing that kinda annoys me is I can buy health potions whenever but I can only use them if I set them up before the adventure.

Kalanth
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
One thing that kinda annoys me is I can buy health potions whenever but I can only use them if I set them up before the adventure.

You can use them at any time during the adventure, you just have to actually be monitoring to adventures progress for that to work.

Mead
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
You can use them at any time during the adventure, you just have to actually be monitoring to adventures progress for that to work.

Think he's talking about using them between adventures, but that's easy to fix.. there's several 'add me for buffs/healing' threads on the forum, just go in and add 20 or so people, you'll be healed up between adventures in no time.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Whadaya know, i have a facebook account. I seemed to have made it over a year ago. That's cool, now i can try this mini DnD thing everyone is talking about.

Mead
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Add Fighty McFight as a friend, I hear he buffs and heals on a regular basis. Course, you're not likely to hear from him after he hits gen 12 ;)