PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Castle Greyhawk



Excior
11-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Map of the Flanaess (http://worldofgreyhawk.net/greyhawk/main.htm) {click on the link to the left then click on Map of the Flanaess link for a bigger view of the world.}
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Excior/Greyhawk/all_greyhawk.gif
Lands sourrounding the city
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Excior/Greyhawk/lg20071003a_doomgrinderd.jpg
The City of Greyhawk.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Excior/Greyhawk/Greyahwkcitymap.jpg
The Green Dragon Inn
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Excior/Greyhawk/GreenDragonInn.jpg

Excior
11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
You all sit at a table in the Green Dragon Inn (located in the River Quarter), a place frequented by adventurers. It is here that you hope to begin your new lives and earn some coin in the process. You have made good use of your time in the Foreign Quarter and have made many contacts. This is how each of you has come to know one another. In the past, you were part of a free company of demi-humans known as the Under City Watch after a horrid encounter with a cult of Iuz followers you three are all that remain of that once proud company. Isabelle a buxom raven haired human of Flan decent has just brought each of you your orders (what ever you like). It’s a couple hours after dark and the Inn is starting to fill, a fire blazes in the hearth bathing the common room in its warmth, though not quite fall there is a distinct chill in the night air of late.





Dungeon Master Notes:

The River Quarter is the section of the city map where the Circled "R" is located
The games afoot I hope each of you enjoy this game as much as I am sure to enjoy running it. As combat occurs I want you guys to post the following information in each post. Character name AC: HP: and any magical effect you may be under.

SpielMeister
11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Still in a sour mood because of his recent failure with the Under Watch, Torak grunts when the serving girl brings him his dwarven ale, barely looking her way. Taking a large swig from the tankard, he puts it down distastefully, muttering something about what he would give to have real dwarven ale again. Nevertheless, he drains the tankard completely and sets it down on the table with a very loud thud.

As if on cue to the sound of the thud, the dwarf's eyes light up with an idea. Standing up and brandishing his battle axe, he positions the tankard near the edge of the table and, standing a few feet away, begins to raise his axe over his head. With a booming voice he says, "Alright then lads! Who'll wager that I'll hit the tankard on me first swing, eh?"

Excior
11-13-2008, 08:56 AM
As Torak raises his axe to make short work of the taverns mug, he feels some one grab hold of the weapons head. ” Don’t be busting up me fathers drinking containers you little munchkin!” from behind him the dwarf hears the now familiar voice of Isabelle the young lass has become sort of a fixture at your table since your little company started coming to the Green Dragon in search of adventure. ” Now sit your self down and I will bring you three another round of Pints on me.” She smiles warmly at each of you as she saunters off to the bar for another round.

While she is gone, you see a now familiar face enter the bar, Captain Talon Westford captain of the City Watch Foreign Quarter post. HE walks up to your table ” Thought I would find you three here, Still on a fools quest for fame and riches huh!” without waiting on an invite the Captain sits at the table ” As you know there are rumors that there still exists a Tunnel connecting Castle Greyhawk to the City’s Sewers system.” The Captain looks at each of you trying to gauge your interest in what he is saying. ” A fortnight a go some of my men found this tunnel and brought the roof of it crumbling down, plugging up the last link to that dreadful place.”

Isabelle had started to return to the table when she sees the new comer, she stops in mid stride and returns to the bar for another pint. Several patrons come into the Inn and take up seats in various parts of the bar. Captain Talon pulls a piece of vellum from a case he was holding in his hand. ” My Son was part of the party that destroyed the tunnel unfortunately he was trapped on the other side of the tunnel, I do not know if he survived the collapse or not but I would like to hire you three to journey to Castle Greyhawk and see if you can find him.”

He spreads the map out onto the tablehttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Excior/Greyhawk/lg20071003a_doomgrinderd.jpg I am sure you know the way to the Ruins but I can give you this map as a guide He points to the location of the Castle. ” I cannot offer you much save for my thanks. However, I can arrange for you to be tax exempt for anything that you bring into the city from the ruins. What say you?” Isabelle returns with a tray of carrying Pints for all at the table. She smiles and sets them on the table and returns to her duties.



Isabelle
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Excior/characters/Nallatheservingwench.jpg

Jamfke
11-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Sitting at a table beside the ruddy trio, Dex sips at his ale slowly. He turns as the Dwarf shouts his boast and grins as the barmaid takes the air out of his bladder.

As he turns back to ponder his future and sink back into his ale, a burly looking fellow enters and tromps up to the table behind him. He listens intently to the conversation after the mention of fame and riches. Once the captain has finished his description of the job at hand, Dex stands, mug in hand and turns to face him and the others at the table.

"Beg pardon gentles. Did I hear you mention Castle Greyhawk? I have heard tales of that horrid place, tales of demons and other wicked, unnatural things. Entering a place such as this befits a strong group of adventurers like yourselves, but I say three times strong, four times the stronger. For a share of any treasure found, I would pledge my sword and bow to this endeavor."

raven21
11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
~Looks up from feeding some of his meal to Aegnor. Takes a long pull of his ale all the while staring at the new comer with a look of bewilderment. The look clearly says he is trying to figure out why you don't look quite right.~

Jamfke
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Dex gives the elf a sidelong glance, then turns and says, "Amin naa elandili."

{I am half-elf.]

raven21
11-13-2008, 04:53 PM
He sets down his tankard and nods. "So where are we going?" " I heard something about leaving this city, I could be ready within the hour."

Jamfke
11-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Dex pulls his chair from the other table and joins the group. He looks over the map on the table.

To the captain he says, "May we take the map with us sir?"

SpielMeister
11-14-2008, 08:13 AM
After Isabelle gives the dwarf her rebuke, he grunts but gives a faint smile in her direction, lowering his axe. When the captain approaches, however, he raises his axe yet again, but this time it is not for fun. Recognizing the captain as a member of the organization he now despises, he shouts out with a booming voice and forcefully brings his axe down upon the table, sinking the blade into the wood--and deliberately missing the tankard.

After listening to the captain's proposal--and leaving the axe head buried in the table--he says, "As ye probably well know, Cap'n, my deeds are known across the wide Flanaess, so this would be easy. But I'm a bit concerned about the lack o' compensation, if ya take me meaning." He strokes his beard and gives the captain a thoughtful glance...

raven21
11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
~Looks at the Dwarf with an amused look.~ Torak you are missing the most important part of this whole situation, ~leans in closer to Torak and says in a hushed voice~ we get to leave this human city. ~raises his voice again~ And that for me is reward enough, never mind the face of we get to keep what we find free from an tax.
~Looks around at the people sitting at the table with him.~ Adventure, excitement, unknown riches... I say lets do it. Lets get the hell out of here.

Jamfke
11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Dex eyes the elf briefly as he speaks to this Torak. Indeed, leaving the city would be a good thing at this time, but not just because of the humans. Being a half-breed, Dex was just as comfortable among humans as he was among elves. No, the fact is, Dex was beginning to get those old feelings again. The feelings he'd had while living amongst his "brothers" back in Narwell. Then, he felt justified to take things from those that had more than their fair share. He felt no remorse, no guilt about breaking into a man's home and taking away the things he'd worked hard for, and he didn't like that feeling anymore. He changed his way of thinking after the death of his mother.

"Humans aren't so bad, elf. They live shorter lives than you, so their priorities are focused differently than yours, that's all. You are correct, however. It will feel nice to get into the thick of battle, and to breath fresh air for a bit."

raven21
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I speak in a general senses. Most humans only think of themselves. They act on impulse with out think of the consequences or the long teem ramifications. They are constantly at war with themselves or stealing what other have worked hard to get.
So you must forgive me if I speak harshly of a race that finds the need to run as fast as they can towards power and fortune it is a dangerous combination.

SpielMeister
11-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Upon hearing the elf's hushed words, Torak's eyes light up with understanding. "Ah, p'rhaps yer right. This offer we have could be the ticket outta here I've been lookin' fer." Then, turning to the captain, he says, "So, tell me more about this proposition of yours."

Excior
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Talon takes a drink of his ale and siits the tankard down on the table. " Yes by all means take the map and as for any thing else to sweeten the pot I suppose I could throw in 350 GP to be split between you." He reaches down and opens a flap on the bag at his waist, then tosses a small leather pouch on the table, the sound of coins clanks as the bag slides across the map.

Other patrons enter and leave the Inn as you speak of the adventure to come. Isabelle is now joined in he duties by another barmaid, she is dark skinned witih long red hair and wears a leather shirt tuked into a pair of tight fitting leather pants. You notice a dagger strapped to her boot. By now the sun has sunken below the horizion the tempreture continues to drop, its going to be a cold night.

Jamfke
11-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Dex glances at the bag, and then scans the rest of the beings at the table. The lecherous side of him wants nothing more than to reach out and snatch the pouch. Three hundred and fifty gold would carry him far, far away from here, but it wouldn't last forever. More riches awaited him in Castle Greyhawk.

"On the morrow then, or do we strike out immediately?"

raven21
11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
It will not take me more than an hour to prepare to leave, but if you all need more time I can bear to wait one more sunrise to depart. Perhaps I will over indulge in the night life of this fine establishment like so many others do. It may be my only or last time for a long while to come. Besides the company here ~gestures to serving girls~ is much better than it will be on the road ahead. ~gives a hearty laugh looking at his companions, then drains his tankard and waives over another one with a smile that he hopes is pleasant and appealing.~

SpielMeister
11-18-2008, 07:43 PM
The sound and sight of the clinking moneybag snap Torak's head to attention promptly. "Now yer talkin', Captain! I'd like ta think that my former employers had some sense." Reaching out and dragging the moneybag to himself, he winks at Andaith and then empties the contents of the bag onto the table. When he counts them to his satisfaction, he looks up and nods at Andaith as if to say, "Yep, it's all here." He then puts the coins back into the bag and keeps it in front of him on the table. Standing up and grabbing his axe, he says, "This money would go a long way to equippin' us better than what we got right now. What say we go and buy us some gear?"

raven21
11-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I prefer my equipment crafted and maintained by myself, but if you would like me to accompany you then I guess I could tear myself free of this lovely place for a while. After I indulge in this one last drink. You might be right and I may find something that would be useful to me that I have not previously thought of.

Jamfke
11-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Dex tenses as the dwarf fondles the coins before him, and then settles down as they are replaced in the bag. He's not very keen on buying new equipment, what he has is sufficient.

"I say we divvy up the coin so that each can purchase his own supplies."

SpielMeister
11-19-2008, 07:40 AM
"Well, then, how many of us are there? Let's see, there's me, Andaith, and Dex." Looking around, Torak tries to see anyone else. "Is that all that we have who are willing to risk life and limb in Castle Greyhawk?"

Dragon_wolf
11-19-2008, 09:22 AM
"Well, then, how many of us are there? Let's see, there's me, Andaith, and Dex." Looking around, Torak tries to see anyone else. "Is that all that we have who are willing to risk life and limb in Castle Greyhawk?"

Rising from a nearby table, a rather plain looking man of about average height and build, in non-descript brown robes and cloak steps over to the table. The clanking of armour can be heard from under his robes, as he grabs a staff and pack and steps over to your table. "Did someone say something about an adventure? A real life adventure, with monsters and mayhem? You can count me in!"

As he leans forward a wooden disk with a curved black line (like a horizon) on a leather thong falls out of his robes dangling in front of him.

"When do we start, my feet are itching to get on the road again?"

Jamfke
11-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Dex glances up at the human as he leans over the table. He eyes the symbol dangling from his neck and wonders which deity this human clings to. Dex then turns back to Torak to watch his reaction to this new addition, and wonders how long it will be before he begins threatening his life.

Giving a quick glance to the elf, Andaith as Torak called him, he turns to the human.

"Well met, friend. I do not speak for the entire group, but I for one would enjoy your company on this journey. I am Dextel, of Narwell. The others are Torak," he nods to the dwarf, "and Andaith," he indicates the elf with a questioning tone.

raven21
11-19-2008, 04:05 PM
~Nods in reply to his name and motions to an empty chair~ We were just discussing what arrangements need to be maid before we leave. But if you are to join our motley crew I must know more of you and your tale. I know not of you, your deeds, or your intentions. Sit drink persuade me.

Excior
11-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Isabelle returns to the table and collects any empty mugs, she smiles at the assembled party ” Will there be anything else gentlemen?” While the barmaid tends to your needs, a young boy comes from the kitchen area carrying a few logs for the fire. The taproom is almost full by now and the noise level has risen considerably.

Rheanin excuses him self from the table saying he suddenly does not have the stomach for an adventure of this nature. You’re not sure if it’s the new company or the object of the mission that has turned the Deep Gnome off to the possibility of exploring the ruins, never the less more adventuring types are entering the Inn every few minuets, it is likely that a few more will seek to join your band before the night is through.

Dragon_wolf
11-20-2008, 02:39 AM
"Tis a pleasure indeed to meet you all. It seems I picked the right tavern tonight. I was thinking of leaving town when I overheard the offer. I have travelled the highways and byways of some of this great land for nigh 6 years now, and am used to travelling with what is on my back, and prayers to Fharlaghn. But the chance for a grand adventure, and a noble quest...

Catching Isabelle's elbow as she is about to leave, he orders a mead, then returns to the conversation.
"Ah yes, you were talking about preparations. I think the Captain's son may need our... (pauses as if searching for the word)...quick... sp... haste, yes that's the word, haste for many monsters live in that great castle, but perhaps some planning is in order. What did you have in mind?"

SpielMeister
11-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Torak orders a dwarven ale from Isabelle, then turns his attention to the newcomer. "Fharlangyn, eh? I've heard o' that one. Somethin' ta do with travellin' an' wayfarers, right? In any case, we haven't discussed a plan yet. I thought we might take the same route the trapped folks took and then try ta dig them out, but since they're trapped on the other side o' the cave-in, we might have ta go through the Castle itself."

Excior
11-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Captain Talon interjects at this point. "Under no circumstances are you to try and reopen the tunnel to Castle Greyhawk." He also orders an ale from the barmaid before she leaves. " No matter the reason I cannot compromise the security of the city."

Jamfke
11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Dex ponders for a moment. He takes another sip of his ale and looks around at the gathering crowd. It would be terrible for anything that might be dangerous to get out of the castle and wreak havoc within the city.

"Many dangers await us within the castle proper. I've heard tale that the Arch-Mage Zagig resides still in the Tower of Power. If it be true, you can bet your blade he'll do everything in his power to drive us insane with whatever foul beasts and magics he can muster."

Dragon_wolf
11-21-2008, 03:39 AM
"It appears our decision has been made for us. Into the castle we must go. I don't suppose the mad archmage happened to leave a map of his castle lying around the for us to find did he?"
Laughing "No doubt even if he did, he's probably changed things since then. No matter, Fharlaghn knows all the paths a person may wish to tread, and he with a little luck and prayer, mayhaps shall guide our path to cross that of the lost young man e'er too long."
Glancing around the room at the various customers.
"So does anyone have a key to the tower?"

Dragon_wolf
11-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Looking at Dex "Between those monsters, the mad mage and the teleporters that randomly separate parties, it's a wonder any get out alive."

raven21
11-21-2008, 02:50 PM
There may be another way. There is a vast underground network that runs under Castle Greyhawk. I remember seeing some information about it when we cleared out that temple of Iuz the other day. I am not sure of how to find our way into the underground to get to the Castle though.

Excior
11-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Captain Talon interjects at this point. ” I belive that vast underground network you are talking about is the famed dungeons of Castle Greyhawk, from what I know you can gain access from one of the three towers that make up the castles upper ruins. The Tower of war, The Tower of Zagyg, or the Tower of Magic. Since we destroyed the tunnel in the sewers I am sure that those will be your most logical places to search.” the Captain of the watch pauses for a moment overcome with emotion. ” My son is trapped somewhere in that cursed dungeon. He is a brave boy and I belive he will try to find his own way out.” Talon takes another long drink from his mug of ale. by now his speech is starting to slurr. ” You might be able to obtain a map of the castle from the Guild of Planners and builders, But they are closed now.”

raven21
11-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Yes that is true, but is it not possible for some of these places to be connected to one another? Maybe we just need to find the right people to talk to. The world is usually much more than what we can just see. ~Takes a long drink of his ale while looking around~ Captain might you know some people who might have information on how to access these hidden places. I imagine a man in your position knows all sort of unscrupulous characters? ~Takes another long drink of his ale while eying the Capitan quixotically~

Excior
11-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Talon scratches his chin before he speaks. ” You might try old Herman Magnus the sage, he has studied Greyhawk Castle for the better part of 60 years. You can find him on Spriggin Street in the Old City Quarter near the Worlds End Tavern.” Talon stops the lovely barmaid with tight fitting leather breeches and orders a small meal. ” He has a vast library and is known to be quite expensive.”

Dragon_wolf
11-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Taking a long pull of his mead, then setting it down on the table. "Perhaps we can speak to this Sage. Although I have not much money, perhaps he will be willing to exchange advice for service. Either way it might be good to have a clue which tower the tunnel was most likely to exit into. I wonder if he's awake now?"

Jamfke
11-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Dex smirks at the newcomer, "I'm up for getting all the information we can get before traipsing off into that old haunt. I agree, let's talk to the old sage."

Dex sits back in his chair, and takes another sip of his ale, awaiting the response of the others. The elf seems a bit too carefree, but knowledgeable, and the dwarf is almost too eager to get going, and ready for the rough and tumble. Hopefully, the two will balance each other out on this expedition.

SpielMeister
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
The dwarf has been listening intently to the various options that have been discussed. "It would be sheer folly to barge into the dungeons without a plan and an idea of where we should go. I say "aye" to going to see this sage fellow."

raven21
11-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I agree that we should see this palaver of human knowledges and lores. ~Drains his tankard in one last long swallow then stands~ And I fear we have tarred here to long indulging in our own desires and pleasures, while this boys life hangs in the balance. The longer we take the less the chance we will have of finding him in.. ~looks around for a moment trying to find the right words~ In well a manner fitting to being found in.

Dragon_wolf
11-22-2008, 05:13 PM
"I agree", finishing off his mead, and setting the tankard on the table. "What say ye all, shall we head to this sage's house and see if we can get some information then be on our way. We can stop for supplies on the way if anyone needs anything." Fehleran rises from the table, gathering his stuff.

Jamfke
11-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Dex cocks an eyebrow at the responses of both the elf and the dwarf. Perhaps he has judged them too quickly. Poor judgment does seem to be a faulty habit stemming from his human half.

With all in agreement, Dex nods and says, "Right then. Once we've divvied up the payment we can find our sage."

He rubs his hands together, "Let's see, three hundred and fifty gold split four ways is...eighty seven gold and five silver each."

SpielMeister
11-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Watching Dex count out the gold pieces, Torak finishes the last of his ale. Standing up with the othres, he gets his coin pouch out and ready to make his new deposit.

Dragon_wolf
11-23-2008, 05:37 PM
"Well if everyone is ready to go, anyone need to make a pit stop before we get to Sage Herman Magnus?" Taking his share of the coins from Dex and pocketing them.

Jamfke
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Dex stands as he tucks away his pouch full of coins.

"Ready. As I am somewhat of a stranger in this city, someone will need to lead the way."

He glances at Torak and Fehleran. They have spoken of their need to get away from the city for a time, perhaps they will know the way.

Dragon_wolf
11-24-2008, 04:06 AM
Shrugging his backpack into a more comfortable place, and taking up his staff like a walking stick, Fehleran turns toward Captain Talon, "We shall do everything in our power to return your son to you as soon as possible. Hold the faith."
Checking to see that everyone else is ready he strides toward the door and out into the streets, heading toward the Old City Quarter.

SpielMeister
11-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Torak counts out the coins and then, when satisfied, puts them into his pouch. Hefting his axe in one hand and shield in the other, he straps on his backpack and moves toward the door.

raven21
11-30-2008, 07:39 AM
~ Takes his coins and places them into a sash at his waist. Then bends down in one fluid motion scoops up his bag and swings i over one shoulder and his bow over the other. Heads for the door. He looks over his shoulder and says in wood elven.~ Aegnor tulta huume' kela.
(Aegnor come its time to leave)

Dragon_wolf
11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Looking up and down the street, under the darkening sky, Fehleran waits for the others to gather. Eyeing the people that pass by, most intent on getting to their destinations and paying little heed to the intrepid explorers gathering outside the Green Dragon. Fehleran shrugs, turns to the others as they gather, "It seems our gods have granted us a fine night for a journey. Shall we begin?"

Jamfke
11-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Dex takes one last gulp of his ale and places the mug on the table. He slings his longbow over his shoulder and follows Andaith and Torak out into the night.

"Lead the way friend Fehleran."

raven21
11-30-2008, 05:33 PM
I agree the night is fair, but nothing like a night outside of the city. I hope we will be seeing some nights like that very soon. ~Reaches down and scratches Aegnor between the ears~

Dragon_wolf
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
"Well said Andaith, as a follower of the wandering god, I have spent many a night in the open, and a night such as this is to be treasured." Heads out in search of Sage Magnus place, his staff striking the ground with each step with practiced ease. "I have wandered far in the last few years, but for some reason coming back to Greyhawk City always has a feel of home about it. At least for a time. Then the urge to follow the highway, or seek an adventure comes over me, and I must be off again.
So what brings each of you to this city?"

raven21
12-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I no longer have a place to call home. So I eventually ended up here. I ventured in to see if I could not find some work and adventure. I hired on with the city guard and fell into what your people call a rut?! ~he gets a distant look about him~ Now I long to be free of this place and return to the wilds of the forest.

Dragon_wolf
12-02-2008, 01:34 AM
That is a sad tale, perhaps the road has lead you here for a reason. In any event, I am certain that our journey will eventually lead you and your companion home. Looking at the people hurrying by, Fehleran seems to be studying the faces that he can see in the dimming light.

Jamfke
12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Dex hangs back a step or two from the rest of the group, a habit he can't seem to break himself of. He listens to Andaith's tale and wonders where on Oerth the Elf haled from. He holds his tongue for the time being, and awaits a response from the group's more diminutive member.

raven21
12-03-2008, 01:49 PM
It is a story. Many tales can be taken many a different ways. I do thank you for your kind words though. ~He gives a weak smile and his expression returns to the hear and now~ My tale is not all sad, with no place to call home any longer I much like you am free to wonder the realm and besides now I call home were ever I am at that moment.

SpielMeister
12-03-2008, 04:42 PM
"Me? Humphh..." Torak responds, stroking his beard thoughtfully. "The pride and stubbornness of my leaders--that's what got me here. Couldn't take a little constructive criticism every now and then. So they got mad at me and kicked me out of the clan for a time. Don't know when I'm goin' back; I suppose when I've gotten enough fame and glory out here. That's why the sewer-rat job was gettin' too much for me to handle. No chance for glory there."

Dragon_wolf
12-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Looking at Andaith, You are wise to live in the here and now, though past and family are building blocks to our future. Just like our young dwarf friend here knows, Clan is important, even if they cannot see past their own beards to the heart of their youth.
Giving the Dwarf a swat on the back, then surreptitiously shaking his stinging hand My friend, glory we shall certainly have if we tackle this tower of the mad archmage.

Muttering under his breath Where is the world end tavern? I thought it was around here somewhere.

Glancing back at the half elf trailing along behind, And you Dex, do you have a story you would like to relate?

raven21
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
When you live as long as my people do you have no choice but to live in the here and the now. Those that can not do so usually do not make it past their first century.
Torak how does one get removed from ones clan? With my people there is only a few of the most horrendous crimes that will get you expelled from your clan.

SpielMeister
12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
If Torak notices the swat on the back, he does not show it. "We shall see," he replies, "just how far dwarves can see when we are in the dungeons of the castle."

Excior
02-15-2009, 08:20 PM
You round the corner and see your destination; it has taken about half an hour to walk the distance from the Green Dragon in all the way down to the sage’s house in the Old City. Your journey was uneventful each of you experienced the wonderful star filled night differently but with equal glibness. Even if the city had not any form of street illumination, the full moon overhead would have provided plenty of light for your infravision to be effective.

The building itself has seen better days, its foundation has shifted causing the structure to lean dangerously close to its neighbor there are two stories as evident by the dirty windows that adorn the face of the building a couple of pains of glass have been broken and boarded up. on the first floor you see a big window, beside it lies the entrance to the home, an oak door which has seen its share of knocks. A candle burns in the window, which has heavy curtains drawn closed to keep out prying eyes, from the other side of the door you can hear the haunting sound of a lute, every now and again a shadow passes in front of the window.


Glad to have you all back, looking forward to running this game. I am still looking for a Mage to join your group but have not found one yet. Game on.

Dragon_wolf
02-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Looking at the building thoughtfully, Fehleran sighs, Why is it that cleanliness and neatness do not go hand in hand? Shrugging, and seeming to set his mind in order, Fehleran states, Well this seems to be the place, and strides up the walk to the door, only once glancing back to see if the others are following. At the door he looks around briefly before lifting his staff and rapping sharply on the door 3 times. The muted booming of the door under his rapping leaves him wondering if the door is as solid as it appears. Shrugging, he waits for the others to arrive, and the door to open.

SpielMeister
02-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Torak stands about six feet behind Fehleran, waiting to see what happens.

Jamfke
02-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Dex eyes the building while waiting for the owner to open the door. He notices the many cracks and crevices leading to the rooftop, and those leading to the upper windows. He mentally traces the various paths he would take to get into the building if he wished.

The rapping of Fehleran's staff on the heavy door snaps him out of his planning. He most likely wouldn't need to break into the old sage's home, but it didn't hurt to be ready-just in case.

raven21
02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Walks up and stands just behind and to left of Fehleran waiting for their call to be answered. While waiting he questions he groups decision in looking for answers from a man who would dwell in a home that is falling into such disrepair as this one is. Amused by his revelation he lets out a small chuckle and cracks a smile.

Excior
02-16-2009, 12:33 PM
The music stops you hear some one get up and come to the door, it is quite evident by the sounds of muffled curses that who ever is coming to the door is quite annoyed at the intrusion at this late hour. You hear the sound of a bar being slid across the door weather followed by the sound of a latch being unhooked. The old door opens and an old man holding a candle for light appears in the open door. He is very old and of human decent. A pair of eyeglasses hangs on the end of his nose, which makes his eyes appear bigger than they are. There is more grey hair on the side of his head than on top but his beard is long, flowing and poorly kept. Ink smudges his hands, brown robes and can even be seen on his cheeks. ” Do you know what time it is what could possibly bring you to my door at this hour that could not wait untill morning?” You detect a slight sting in his voice at being roused at such an hour.

Dragon_wolf
02-17-2009, 03:35 AM
Shrugging away the caustic tone in the old man's voice, and putting the unkempt dress and appearance of the old man to the oddities of the aged, Fehleran clears his throat, starts to speak, "Excuse me good sir, I know the hour is late, and if the nature of our quest were not so dire, and your knowledge not so necessary, we would not have intruded ourselves upon you at this hour. However, being as lives of young men, barely out of their childhood are at stake, and we are in sore need of any aid in word or knowledge that you may have, we must needs intrude upon your rest. Pray good sir, may we impinge upon your hospitality for but a few moments, and ask but a paltry few questions? We will then speed upon our way and allow you to return to your rest."Fehleran seems almost please with himself that he was able to get that all out without so much as a stumble over the big words. He smiles his most disarming smile and waits upon the will of the sage.

Jamfke
02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Dextel stifles a smirk as Fehleran finishes his speech. He stays to the back of the group, but makes sure that the old man can still see him. He learned long ago that if you want someone's trust, you must present yourself as trustworthy.

While the discussion proceeds, Dex scans the chamber beyond the doorway. Though he wouldn't steal from the old man, his old habit of casing a place is hard to keep at bay.

SpielMeister
02-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Clearing his throat, Torak bellows out, "The captain of the city watch, Captain Talon, sent us here on official business. We need to get into the Castle Greyhawk ruins to rescue someone trapped there. He recommended you for maps of the ruins. Might we have a look?"

Dragon_wolf
02-19-2009, 03:58 AM
"Or, what he said." muttering under his breath, "You can always depend on a dwarf for tact."

Excior
02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
From his vantage point, Dex can see a cozy if lived in space beyond. Directly behind the old man he can see part of a fireplace. Books, scrolls and other scholarly things are stacked everywhere. Fehleran’s attempt to gain entry seems to have little effect on the old man; he simple shrugs his shoulders at his statement. You begin to belive that the sage is not going to help you until morning untill Torak mentions Captain Talon. His posture changes a little you all can tell he is pondering the new information. He motions for you to come inside, the whole time he scratches his bearded chin with his free hand and mumbles under his breath, only two words are understandable; “tunnel” and “correct.”

Inside his home looks quite different from its look outside. Aside from the general clutter associated with being a bookworm the space is quite clean, dust free his furnishings are of the highest quality. He sits the candleholder on a small table and smacks the palms of his hands together saying an arcane word in the process. This causes a brilliant flash of light once it passes the chandelier shines with a magical light bathing the room in a soft warm light.

Now that the room is properly lit you can see several tapestries hanging from the wall all of them seem to depict the city of Greyhawk at some point in history. A staircase rises up to the next level off to your right beside that is an open door way leading into another room farther back in the building. ” If you will follow me we can talk in here.” he points toward the darkened space beside the stairwell.

As you enter, torches along the walls come to life seemingly on their own. This is defiantly a room you would expect to see in a sage’s house. Bookshelves filled with books line the walls from floor to ceiling a huge ornate desk is the only predominate feature in the room, it two is stacked with all manor of trinkets, scrolls and tomes. The Sages moves around the desk and seats himself He then places his elbows on the table and laces the fingers of his hands together. ” Now my lords what is it that my son has such a need for to send you to my door at this late hour.”

Jamfke
02-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Dex eyes the tapestries after adjusting his vision to the new lighting. "Those might fetch a pretty copper or two," he thinks to himself. Following the sage through his home, his mind wonders at what treasures he may keep on the second level. He drops that thought as they move into the next chamber.

Dex notes the various tomes lining the shelves. These too might be worth their weight in gold if they were presented to the right buyer. Dex dismisses the thoughts, however, as he knows that to steal from this wizened old man would bring him no end of trouble.

When the sage asks his question of the group, Dex smirks. "So, that's why the good Captain sent us here. I suppose we'll have to grease his palm to get the answers we seek," he thinks.

Dragon_wolf
02-19-2009, 05:45 PM
"Did you say your son? Well that would explain alot. Well, all that aside, what we need are maps. It appears that your grandson was trapped while attempting to seal the tunnels under the river into Castle Greyhawk, and is now somewhere inside the mad mage's tower. I do not envy him the journey out, but your son has hired us to go in and see if we can find him. Any knowlege of the tower you can share, any maps you have of the dungeons below the tower would be more than welcome right now. We have little time, and there is less time for the boy. Can you please help us."
Taking a quick look around at the tapestries and the books, his attention is mostly focussed on the sage in front of him, waiting for his answer.

raven21
02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Leans against the wall just inside the doorway. Slowly looking form tapestry to tapestry taking in each moment in history that is forever frozen in time with great interest while patiently awaiting he sages answers.