PDA

View Full Version : Unsolicited PM Advertisements

Farcaster
10-21-2008, 10:58 AM
We've had a report of a user recently who has been spamming advertisements through the Private Message (PM) system about another RPG website. Luckily, our security measures prevented this user from sending more than ten messages per day, so the impact has been limited. However, it should be clear that this is not acceptable and anyone who spams PMs or emails to anyone else in this community will be banned outright. If you receive an unsolicited email advertising another site or anything else, please report it to me (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/sendmessage.php) or another moderator as soon as possible.

boulet
10-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Damn, I was planning a "Enlarge your d10" campaign...

MortonStromgal
10-21-2008, 11:26 AM
i didn't get any spam :(

Greylond
10-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Here ya'go Morton. Here's your spam;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

Webhead
10-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I love spam!...albeit the kind you cook, not the kind you e-mail. :decision:

In seriousness, thanks to all who reported this crap. Thankfully it seems to have been addressed before it got out of hand.

nijineko
10-21-2008, 02:24 PM
i was taught how to cook spam by a hawaiian. my goodness, but he made it taste awesome!

Webhead
10-21-2008, 03:11 PM
i was taught how to cook spam by a hawaiian. my goodness, but he made it taste awesome!

You'll find reserves of spam in every pantry in Hawaii. It is almost always served with rice and shoyu. Great stuff. I grew up on it.

Farcaster
10-21-2008, 03:13 PM
You'll find reserves of spam in every pantry in Hawaii. It is almost always served with rice and shoyu.

Mmmm....

:puke:

Webhead
10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Mmmm....

Blasphemer! :tape:

cplmac
10-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I didn't notice any spam either, but then you would think that anyone that would do so would hopefully be smart enough NOT to send it to anyone that is listed as a site leader. Hopefully not too many folks had to be subjected to this.

As for the food type, we would fry it up with diced potatoes and chopped onions.:hungry:

Webhead
10-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I didn't notice any spam either, but then you would think that anyone that would do so would hopefully be smart enough NOT to send it to anyone that is listed as a site leader. Hopefully not too many folks had to be subjected to this.

I also did not receive any of this unsolicited mail. Very interesting.

As for the food type, we would fry it up with diced potatoes and chopped onions.:hungry:

Never had it served that way but it sounds good enough...

nijineko
10-21-2008, 06:41 PM
pan fried with spices and thinly sliced cucumbers and rice. =D

mrken
10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
How about on rice with diced pineapple?

MuslixtheMighty
10-21-2008, 08:00 PM
With Hawaii being the world's biggest comsumer of Spam, you would think a true Hawaiian pizza would be pineapple and Spam. I know I would buy it.

nijineko
10-21-2008, 08:52 PM
one of my favorites that was inflicted on me by the hawaiians is tuna fish and banana toast. ^^ sounds weird or nasty, but actually tastes quite good. just don't go overboard on the mayo. light thin coat, that's the ticket. =D

edit: niji does a double take. just noticed muslix's addition to his sig. *^^*

Webhead
10-21-2008, 09:48 PM
How about on rice with diced pineapple?

Yuck! I love spam, I love rice and I love pineapple. But pineapple and any form of meat do not belong in the same dish. Actually, pineapple and any salty food do not belong together. I'm not sure why but putting them together ruins the experience. Now, if you ate spam and rice for dinner and then had pineapple for dessert, that's different. Yes, it's hard to explain.

With Hawaii being the world's biggest comsumer of Spam, you would think a true Hawaiian pizza would be pineapple and Spam. I know I would buy it.

If not for my "no pineapple on pizza" policy, I would actually be interested in tasting spam on one. I'm rather surprised it had never occured to me before, I actually think it would be pretty good.

"Hawaiian" pizza really just comes from the fact that there's pineapple involved. Put pineapple in something and the mainlanders automatically want to call it "Hawaiian".

one of my favorites that was inflicted on me by the hawaiians is tuna fish and banana toast. ^^ sounds weird or nasty, but actually tastes quite good. just don't go overboard on the mayo. light thin coat, that's the ticket. =D

I have never heard of that but I may have to try it at least once. I'm a big fan of peanut butter and banana sandwiches but banana and tuna fish? I wonder how that happened?

tesral
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I get the urge for Spam now and again. I hit my head on the kitchen wall a few times and it goes away.

Webhead
10-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I get the urge for Spam now and again. I hit my head on the kitchen wall a few times and it goes away.

You know, if you look closely, there's a high probability that your kitchen dry wall is made up of a 10% spam composite...

Webhead
10-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Anakin: "What is for dinner anyway?"

Padme: "The usual."

Anakin: "I thought we were having steak."

Padme: "Well, we were but the store was closed, so we can't."

Anakin: "What?"

Padme: "We can't, Anakin, the store was closed."

Anakin: "How could you do this? It's unfair! It's outrageous! How can we have a dinner and not have steak?"

Padme: "Just take a seat, I'll cook you a fry-up. ...I don't believe it! It's all gone! I told Leia not to eat before dinner! ...Anakin, what is it?"

Anakin: "I...grilled them. I grilled them all! And not just the eggs...but the sausages...and the bacon!"

Padme: "Anakin..."

Anakin: "I ate them!"

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-21-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm happy to report that i have received no spam.

kirksmithicus
10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Yuck! I love spam, I love rice and I love pineapple. But pineapple and any form of meat do not belong in the same dish. Actually, pineapple and any salty food do not belong together. I'm not sure why but putting them together ruins the experience. Now, if you ate spam and rice for dinner and then had pineapple for dessert, that's different. Yes, it's hard to explain.

My wife loves the two together, but I'm with you brother. They are two things that should not be mixed together IMO.

nijineko
10-22-2008, 01:28 AM
you think "hawaiian" pizza is bad... you should see what they serve in shakey's pizza over in japan to get rid of the american gaijin during the lunchtime tabehodai. squid tentacle and corn pizza anyone?

{for the record, they put some odd melty cheese on this one that actually manages to blend the flavors of the three into something non-objectionable.... you should have seen the look i got from the cook when i asked for seconds on that one. =D }

Skunkape
10-22-2008, 06:58 AM

My wife loves the two together, but I'm with you brother. They are two things that should not be mixed together IMO.

Sorry guys, but I love ham and pineapple! Granted, I understand not everyone likes the same things, so you guys continue to not eat those combinations, just leaves more for me. Never tried the spam and pineapple though!

I think the great appeal of it for people who like that combination is the contrast between the saltiness of the ham/spam and the sweet/tart of the pineapple!:)

GoddessGood
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Pineapple = Hawaiian the same way Avocado = California and Gravy or BBQ = Southern

It's just how people decide to categorize things *shrug*

My grandma, my mother tells me, used to make spaghetti and spamballs.

mrken
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
You guys are funny. But no days I no longer eat any Spam. Or corn beef hash. Shoot I don't even eat hash browns and sausage and I was a great breakfast cook just last year. Life has a way of teaching you a better way if you listen, if not, a heart attack will.

boulet
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
spaghetti and spamballs.
Sounds like a Tunnel & Troll spell name.

Webhead
10-22-2008, 11:57 AM
you think "hawaiian" pizza is bad... you should see what they serve in shakey's pizza over in japan to get rid of the american gaijin during the lunchtime tabehodai. squid tentacle and corn pizza anyone?

Mmmm...squid tentacles! I actually like those (as long as they are cooked). One of my favorite (but expensive) snacks growing up was idako (spicy whole baby octopus). Squid pizza actually doesn't sound that bad. I'd try it...again, assuming the squid wasn't raw.

Pineapple = Hawaiian the same way Avocado = California and Gravy or BBQ = Southern

It's just how people decide to categorize things *shrug*

Indeed. Funny story though, my (probably spoiled) concept of avocadoes comes from my time in Hawaii. We had a few avocado trees on our property (huge trees if you've never seen one) and the avocadoes that they bore were larger than grapefruits and very moist inside. Compare that to the tiny, shriveled, dry little things that you pay $3 for at the grocery store here on the mainland...absolutely pathetic. I miss Hawaiian avocadoes...

My grandma, my mother tells me, used to make spaghetti and spamballs.

Interesting. I'd try it.

You guys are funny. But no days I no longer eat any Spam. Or corn beef hash. Shoot I don't even eat hash browns and sausage and I was a great breakfast cook just last year. Life has a way of teaching you a better way if you listen, if not, a heart attack will.

Yes, if I eat Spam any more, it has to be Spam Lite. Too much fat and sodium otherwise. Even Spam Lite isn't great for you but when you gotta have Spam...

I can't remember the last time I ate corned beef hash. You can virtually feel your arteries clogging as you eat that stuff, but it was great served on toast!

Sounds like a Tunnel & Troll spell name.

I believe there was a spell from the "Dungeons & Toons" campaign setting for the Toon RPG that was called "Wall of Spam". There was also a spell called "Guacamole Ball"...

mrken
10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Love ham and pineapple pizza, try it with some kraut next time you bake your pie.

boulet
10-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Mmmm...squid tentacles! I actually like those (as long as they are cooked). One of my favorite (but expensive) snacks growing up was idako (spicy whole baby octopus). Squid pizza actually doesn't sound that bad. I'd try it...again, assuming the squid wasn't raw.
If you ever have a chance to visit the Cyclades (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclades), you should try their octopus salad. Basically they just let the mollusk dry on a cloth line, probably beat the flesh to tenderize it and just add dressing. It absolutely kicks ass and it's really inexpensive (or at least it was 6 years ago). I guess they probably prepare the same dish in the rest of Greece, but I'm not sure.

nijineko
10-22-2008, 12:42 PM
i've had the japanese version of octopus salad. it was pretty good. and there is no way you can beat takoyaki. delicious! (fried octopus tentacle dumplings)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Pizza with calamari is exellent. You havent had pizza till you had calamari pizza. Try it, youll become addicted... well, maybe.

Webhead
10-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Love ham and pineapple pizza, try it with some kraut next time you bake your pie.

Ewww...I can't eat sour kraut either. My father loved the stuff but I was not so fond of it. I love cabbage...just not kraut.

I find that if I pick the pineapple off of a Hawaiian pizza, it is occasionally somewhat tolerable but even the hints of the lingering juices that remain are off-putting. And I love pineapple! Yet I cannot eat it on pizza...or with a glazed ham. I will eat the ham, just not the pineapple that is cooked with it.

Similarly, I have no taste for cranberry sauce either. I try a nibble of it every Thanksgiving to see if my distaste has subsided with no luck. Cranberry sauce must not touch my food.

I also dislike most jellies, jams or preserves unless they are far more tart than sweet. I can't eat sweet jelly on toast or biscuits and I won't eat it with peanut butter. Yep, I won't eat PB&J sandwiches...just PB sandwiches.

And yet, I love fruit. Fresh fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, canned fruit, fruit pies, fruit-flavored candy...I will eat them all given the opportunity. Jelly or jam though...I can't stand the stuff.

But I love boiled, spiced baby octopus. Strange, huh?

I also don't like most cakes, donuts or other baked pastries, especially those that are "glazed" with sugar or frosted. The only donuts I will eat are the plain, unglazed cake donuts. But I like most pies and cookies.

Maybe its just that I have a very particular sweet tooth.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2008, 01:31 PM
No kraut for me. Absolutely disgusting... right up there with beets.

Webhead
10-22-2008, 01:50 PM
No kraut for me. Absolutely disgusting... right up there with beets.

Turnips, beets and radishes (if well cleaned) are good. Beets are the thoughest to be rid of the "dirt" flavor but if properly prepared, they can be enjoyable.

cplmac
10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah, there's another good one. Pickled beets. Of course you have to have about 2 dozen hard boiled eggs in the jar too.

Webhead
10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, there's another good one. Pickled beets. Of course you have to have about 2 dozen hard boiled eggs in the jar too.

Never had them. The only things that I eat pickled are cucumbers, olives and occasionally apples.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm all about pickled cabbage. Mmm, good stuff.

Skunkape
10-22-2008, 07:16 PM

Some people handle cholesterol better than others, I happen to be one of those people. Course, I don't go overboard, but I get an annual blood test to keep track of those things and make sure a couple of diseases that run in the family don't show up by damaging my body. Every year, my cholesterol is always good so I don't have to cut out those foods, at least not yet.

Necrite
10-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Since people are talking weird foods, I'm gonna throw out one of my "secret" recipes. I expect some of you to try this yourselves. Nijineko, I'm looking at you.

First, some background: I love Iron Chef. Sometimes, when I watch it a lot, my brain starts putting together some very strange combinations. This one came to me while wandering the grocery store on a very tight budget one day. It didn't turn out very good. But something was right about it, so I tweaked the recipe a few times until it was perfect.

You need:
Pork - a loin chop works wonderfully
Bananas
Tempura mix - boxed or homemade
Sushi Rice
Flour
Nori sheets
Citrus juice - I like a mix of pineapple and orange
Soy Sauce

-Cut the pork into long thin strips. Marinate them for a few hours in the juice, with a teaspoon or two of soy sauce.
-Prepare the sushi rice as normal.
-Cut the bananas into 3-4" lengths, then separate each length into spears.
-Dip the banana into the tempura mix and deep fry until golden.
-Lightly flour the pork strips. Deep fry or shallow pan fry, as you prefer. Grilling also works.
-Take the nori, sushi rich, and finished pork and bananas, and make sushi rolls.

It sounds odd. I was wondering what the heck I was thinking as I made them. But they turned out awesome.

On topic: I can happily say that I have not been spammed. If I had, I'd be rolling out the tar and feathers myself.

nijineko
10-23-2008, 01:50 AM
that sounds good, actually. remind me again after i move and i'll give it a try.

i once made a sandwich that had everything on it. literally. everything in our fridge that would go on any kind of sandwich went on this. i managed to eat 3/4 of it before my body rebelled. but it did keep down what i had already eaten. food is food after all.

GoddessGood
10-23-2008, 08:21 AM
:confused:

How did this get so far off topic?

As I am allergic to a plethora (that's right, a plethora!) of foods, sushi is not in the list of things I can eat. I dunno how you spell it, but pretty much all I can get my stomach around is the chunk of meat on a rice ball (or just the meat). Being allergic to soy, nuts, corn, carrots, celery, cucumber, avocado and onions, asian food on the whole is just not my cup of tea.

boulet
10-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I've got 5 dots in my derail thread skill. Webhead even has a Hawaiian martial art specialization that enables him to recover a willpower point when he derails threads with spam.

Webhead
10-23-2008, 09:56 AM

As I am allergic to a plethora (that's right, a plethora!) of foods, sushi is not in the list of things I can eat. I dunno how you spell it, but pretty much all I can get my stomach around is the chunk of meat on a rice ball (or just the meat). Being allergic to soy, nuts, corn, carrots, celery, cucumber, avocado and onions, asian food on the whole is just not my cup of tea.

Ouch! That's terrible. I don't know what I would do if couldn't eat those things. Those are some of my very favorite foods!

I've got 5 dots in my derail thread skill. Webhead even has a Hawaiian martial art specialization that enables him to recover a willpower point when he derails threads with spam.

Quite right. Tasty, tasty Spam!

Farcaster
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Tasty, tasty Spam!

See, when you say that in my mind, I read it as, "Tasty, tasty solidified-vomit!"

Webhead
10-23-2008, 10:26 AM
See, when you say that in my mind, I read it as, "Tasty, tasty solidified-vomit!"

The rose-colored glasses of perspective, I suppose. If there are people out there who actually like the Palladium game engine, there's bound to be people who dislike Spam. :noidea:

On a related note, I would hope that you haven't tried to eat Spam raw! For proper consumption and optimal flavor, Spam must be pan-fried or grilled.

tesral
10-23-2008, 10:55 AM
The rose-colored glasses of perspective, I suppose. If there are people out there who actually like the Palladium game engine, there's bound to be people who dislike Spam. :noidea:

On a related note, I would hope that you haven't tried to eat Spam raw! For proper consumption and optimal flavor, Spam must be pan-fried or grilled.

Have you tried the exotic and rare Senrengetti Spamalope?

MuslixtheMighty
10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
edit: niji does a double take. just noticed muslix's addition to his sig. *^^*

Just helping to spread a truth that has probably destoryed a game or two.

"Hawaiian" pizza really just comes from the fact that there's pineapple involved. Put pineapple in something and the mainlanders automatically want to call it "Hawaiian".

Pineapples is one of my favorite foods. There are very few things that I have combined it with that I did not enjoy. One of my favorites is actually a pineapple and pepperoni pizza. The sweetness of the pineapple and the spicy pepperoni mix perfectly. Yet, everytime I want to ask for one when the family is ordering pizza, I am reminded of my father's comment "Ordering a pizza like that would have your grandfather spinning in his grave."

If it is ok with Farcaster and if anyone still has it, would they be willing to post the spammed message so all of us who didn't get it could see it?

Webhead
10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Have you tried the exotic and rare Senrengetti Spamalope?

I have not, but I once spent 3 weeks on the savannah stalking a herd of the rare and elusive Tofudabeast. As it turns out, the flesh of the creature itself is mostly flavorless but can be perked up when prepared with spices or other meat stock.

cplmac
10-23-2008, 01:20 PM
...Quite right. Tasty, tasty Spam!

Actually, when you have ate as many MRE's (meals ready to eat {yeah right}) as some of us have while in the service, you can pretty much stomach about anything. Now wether or not you like the taste is a whole different matter.

nijineko
10-23-2008, 02:33 PM

i do believe that spam is on topic....

...just not my cup of tea.

green or black or other? ^^

boulet
10-23-2008, 02:42 PM
green or black or other? ^^
Lapsang souchong for me thanks.

nijineko
10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
i can only drink herbal types. nothing with actual tea leaves in it.

Farcaster
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Dude, when you get spam out of the can, it is lubricated in the same kind of unknown gelatinous slime as you'd find in a can of Alpo. This tells me it is not meant to be consumed by humans.

Farcaster
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
If it is ok with Farcaster and if anyone still has it, would they be willing to post the spammed message so all of us who didn't get it could see it?

It was as such:

Pen & Paper seems pretty cool I guess, I plan to post here plenty...thought I'd refer you to a pretty cool roleplaying forum, [Name Removed], one of the most epic and historic roleplaying forums ever, a decade of history, thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts, and now it's starting anew. It's pretty fun. ;)
Anyway, hope to see you both here and there, I guarantee you'll enjoy it if you give it a chance.
Check it out:
[URL Removed]

This was sent by someone who never posted here and logged in every day and sent their maximum limit of PMs to random people.

Webhead
10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
This was sent by someone who never posted here and logged in every day and sent their maximum limit of PMs to random people.

:tsk:

nijineko
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
i'd be tempted to contact the management of said forum and request her be temp-banned at least for spamming other sites as a lesson in netiquette.

tesral
10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
"Ordering a pizza like that would have your grandfather spinning in his grave."

Hock up a belt to the guy and we can get free energy.

Eat what you like. I put pineapple in my chow mien and I don't call it Hawaiian. It's good American Chinese food.

And I don't care about the spam message.

cplmac
10-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Dude, when you get spam out of the can, it is lubricated in the same kind of unknown gelatinous slime as you'd find in a can of Alpo. This tells me it is not meant to be consumed by humans.

Actually, the little known fact is that this is where the infamous Gelatinous Cube comes from. I don't know about the result if it is ate by humans, but they do like to eat humans as well as any thing else it comes in contact with. You just have to be cautious in how you dispose of the gelatin part. Usually if you rinse it in hot water, that usually does the trick. Wouldn't want to run into one of those cubes in the basement or hiding in a closet.

tesral
10-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Actually, the little known fact is that this is where the infamous Gelatinous Cube comes from. I don't know about the result if it is ate by humans, but they do like to eat humans as well as any thing else it comes in contact with. You just have to be cautious in how you dispose of the gelatin part. Usually if you rinse it in hot water, that usually does the trick. Wouldn't want to run into one of those cubes in the basement or hiding in a closet.

There is always a 10x10 room for Jello.

MuslixtheMighty
10-24-2008, 11:55 PM

Eat what you like. I put pineapple in my chow mien and I don't call it Hawaiian. It's good American Chinese food.

My grandfather was Sicilian, not Hawaiian.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-25-2008, 12:13 AM

Pineapple in chow mein? Actually, that sounds good. I'll have to try it next chance i get.

tesral
10-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Pineapple in chow mein? Actually, that sounds good. I'll have to try it next chance i get.

Don't forget the ginger. A great combo. I usually make chicken.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Don't forget the ginger. A great combo. I usually make chicken.
Will do. Cant wait to try it out. Thanks, tesral.

Stormhound
10-28-2008, 06:14 AM

There are worse things than Spam. Ever seen Treet? It's the stuff that wasn't good enough to make Spam with...

Webhead
10-28-2008, 09:43 AM
There are worse things than Spam. Ever seen Treet? It's the stuff that wasn't good enough to make Spam with...

I can vouch for Stormhound. I tried Treet once and I will never recover. Terrible, terrible stuff! And if someone who thoroughly enjoys Spam can say this, I can only imagine how truly revolting it would taste to someone who thinks Spam is gross! What they did wrong, I don't know nor do I care enough to find out. Avoid Treet at all costs! In Hawaii, Treet is considered the "poor people's Spam", though I honestly have never met someone who ate it ("poor" in Hawaii is a very relative term). I can see why. It is not fit for human consumption...at least, if you want your tastebuds (and sanity) to remain intact. :puke:

Oh, and by the way, Spam is made entirely of pork shoulder (well, with some ham meat as filler). Its original conception was as a way to utilize more of the pork that butchers were otherwise throwing away.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I never knew what spam was made of. I tried it once and didnt care for it, but i could learn to like it if need be. I never even heard of Treets, but i will avoid if possible, per Webheads recommendation.

Webhead
10-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I never knew what spam was made of. I tried it once and didnt care for it, but i could learn to like it if need be. I never even heard of Treets, but i will avoid if possible, per Webheads recommendation.

Some people eat Spam cold, directly out of the can. This is more common in the continental U.S. Most folks in Hawaii recook Spam, usually via stove-top. That is the best way to enjoy it. It tastes very different cold than it does when fried or grilled. When well cooked, it almost has a bacony flavor (probably thanks to it being pork). I don't really care for it cold.

Interesting fact: McDonald's restaurants in Hawaii actually include a few Spam items on their menu. I know I used to get one of their Big Breakfast meals that was Spam, rice, eggs and a biscuit. I kind of miss that, actually. Now I get Spam only a couple times a year...and if I want Spam musubi I have to make it myself, which never turns out as good as the "real thing". Plus, nori is difficult and expensive to obtain in Texas.

:pout:

cplmac
10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes, Treet is a lesser version of the original Spam. That is probably why it doesn't cost as much. I have had both and will admit that the spam does have alot better taste. You have to get creative when using the treet. Use it as an ingredient in a dish as opposed to an entree of its own.

Webhead
10-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes, Treet is a lesser version of the original Spam. That is probably why it doesn't cost as much. I have had both and will admit that the spam does have alot better taste. You have to get creative when using the treet. Use it as an ingredient in a dish as opposed to an entree of its own.

...if one was even daring enough to go that far.

Yeah, one bite of Treet was too much for me.

I would rather eat Treet than starve...but that's not saying much.

nijineko
10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
i've never heard of it... sounds like i should be glad. ^^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Sounds like something i could buy at the local pet store as treats for my pets.

tesral
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Sounds like something i could buy at the local pet store as treats for my pets.

If you hate your pets.

Webhead
11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey...look what I found! Man, I could really go for one of those right now...

http://www.tastyisland.net/images/pokebowl_musubi.jpg

cplmac
11-10-2008, 04:49 PM
And look, they have even lowered the price for you.

Farcaster
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Once again...

Webhead
11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Once again...

Oh well. More for me, I guess. :high5:

Webhead
11-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Once again...

You know...interestingly, this might make for excellent example of the "love/hate 4e" discussions. It just goes to show you that the very thing that one person loves can make another person want to vomit. Does that mean Spam is "right/wrong" or "good/evil"? No. It just means that two different people can look at the exact same thing and have very different reactions to it.

tesral
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
You know...interestingly, this might make for excellent example of the "love/hate 4e" discussions. It just goes to show you that the very thing that one person loves can make another person want to vomit. Does that mean Spam is "right/wrong" or "good/evil"? No. It just means that two different people can look at the exact same thing and have very different reactions to it.

I am fairly certain that Spam (the Hormel kind) is vaguely evil but strangely attractive. On the other hand span (the e-mail kind) is totally and absolutely evil.

nijineko
11-10-2008, 11:08 PM
the musubi gives me feelings of nostalgia and homesickness. ^^

Webhead
11-11-2008, 09:55 AM
the musubi gives me feelings of nostalgia and homesickness. ^^

Indeed. I had to choke back a tear of longing which was only exacerbated when I also found a pic of one of my favorite childhood candies: Tomoe Ame Rice Candy. Very popular in Hawaii...exceedingly rare/expensive on the mainland. Yes, the candy used to come with some kind of small plastic toy or sticker/temp tattoo. It was basically our equivalent to Cracker Jacks.

http://www.tastyisland.net/images/tomoe_ame_front.jpg

nijineko
11-13-2008, 08:15 AM
*sniffsniff* i remember those. ^^ although i must admit i was partial to the candies that had rockman figures in them... though now i can't recall the name. ^^

Webhead
11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
*sniffsniff* i remember those. ^^ although i must admit i was partial to the candies that had rockman figures in them... though now i can't recall the name. ^^

I'm assuming you mean the video game character Rockman (aka Megaman). I've never seen a candy like that but I would have been all over it if I had as a youth as Megaman was one of my favorite Nintendo games. Speaking of which, I used to love Nintendo cereal as well.

http://freenet-homepage.de/datastorer/cereal1.jpg

nijineko
11-13-2008, 11:22 PM
ah, i twitch everytime someone refers to him as megaman... ruins the whole sub-theme of the entire game, manga, and storyline. it's rockman for a reason. and the chick was roll, because together they make rock and roll. ;D which explains why every character has a music concept for a name. except for those that capcom usa added or altered.

Webhead
11-14-2008, 12:41 AM
ah, i twitch everytime someone refers to him as megaman... ruins the whole sub-theme of the entire game, manga, and storyline. it's rockman for a reason. and the chick was roll, because together they make rock and roll. ;D which explains why every character has a music concept for a name. except for those that capcom usa added or altered.

I am irrevocably stuck calling him Megaman both because I grew up knowing him by that name first and because "Rockman" sounds more like a bad Justice Society villain than our little blue bomber. But I don't make a big deal out of it. He's cool either way. ;)

I didn't even know there was a female counterpart. Of course, I've not read any of the comics or seen any of the animated series outside of his appearances in Captain N: The Game Master. Man, I loved that show!

nijineko
11-14-2008, 11:34 PM
you didn't miss much... with what the american side did to poor roll, i can hardly bring myself to even mention it. i even have a trailer that the japanese side offered to do for the animation that came out briefly in the us. somewhere. the animation is so superior to what the american side was going to do, that they turned it down.