PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edtion

Excior
10-16-2008, 09:23 PM
are there any old school players out there looking for a game? if there is respond here and as soon as I figure out how to host a game I will start working on getting players (if there are any out there)

Greylond
10-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I'd love to play, but to be honest I don't know how long I'll stay interested. In the past when I've played PbP games I'd get bored with it when the posting stops for long periods of time, like a few days ;) . I'd be willing to try it though. What would be the posting frequency? What rules are you thinking of using?

PHB&DMG obviously
Splatbooks? "Complete X" series
Players Option Books?
What wurld?

Excior
10-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Well the posting rate could be as high as M W and F for me with posts from you guys in between. but as with everything it could slow down depending on RL and the Burnout factor. I will promise you this if you stick with me I will not abandon you as DM.

Greylond
10-16-2008, 11:01 PM
I'd like to try. So, what about the other questions on rules and World used?

Excior
10-17-2008, 06:22 AM
This will be set in the World of Greyhawk, The party will be exploring the ruined castle of the same name. As far as rules goes I think I will go standard on this. roll ability scores 4d6 drop the lowest once I get a board I will provide more details.

raven21
10-17-2008, 08:44 AM
I think I might be interested. I would lke to know more. What classes races are playable and any background info on the world that might help me and be comman knowlage. I am not a Greyhawk player. I think I played in that world once.

Excior
10-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Check out these links Castle Greyhawk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Greyhawk) World of Greyhawk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Greyhawk)

Greylond
10-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Fair warning: Back when I used to DM 2nd Edition, my games were almost always on Greyhawk, but I never owned or read the published Castle Greyhawk. However I did own the City of Greyhawk boxed set(ran a couple of campaigns there). I also DM'ed modules EX1 and EX2.

Excior
10-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Fair warning: Back when I used to DM 2nd Edition, my games were almost always on Greyhawk, but I never owned or read the published Castle Greyhawk. However I did own the City of Greyhawk boxed set(ran a couple of campaigns there). I also DM'ed modules EX1 and EX2.

Ah the wonderland series of Modules those were the days. So When you say fair warning does this mean you are going to hound me if I get something incorrect? In that case lest assume this world is an alternate world. lol

Greylond
10-18-2008, 10:36 AM
No that means that if you use something that I'm familiar with I'll try to NOT use OCC knowledge but when faced with a puzzle or secret sometimes that's hard to separate out what your character can figure out and what you actually know...

Excior
10-18-2008, 10:51 AM
No that means that if you use something that I'm familiar with I'll try to NOT use OCC knowledge but when faced with a puzzle or secret sometimes that's hard to separate out what your character can figure out and what you actually know...

I see and fare enough I reckon.

starwolf013
10-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I would be interested in a 2nd ed pBp

Excior
10-18-2008, 06:33 PM
So far I have three players, If the game is approved we need at least one more. I hope we can get that one player. what classes and races are you guys thinking of playing.

Greylond
10-18-2008, 07:02 PM
For me it all depends on the dice. I'm partial to Elves or Halflings. M-Us, MU/Th, or just Thief but I've played just about everything. I tend to roll the stats first and let the dice point me in a direction or two...

Any restrictions on what you Don't want played? Any class, race or alignments you don't want?

Mindbomb
10-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I think I'd be interested as well.

Excior
10-18-2008, 09:48 PM
For me it all depends on the dice. I'm partial to Elves or Halflings. M-Us, MU/Th, or just Thief but I've played just about everything. I tend to roll the stats first and let the dice point me in a direction or two...

Any restrictions on what you Don't want played? Any class, race or alignments you don't want?

No evil alignments and no Choatic Neturals and standard races in the Players hand book or subraces except for the evil races of course.

Greylond
10-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Ok, gotcha....

...now the waiting begins...:juggle:

....can I roll now?..... :D

raven21
10-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Yea how does rolling work? Does anyone have any idea what they are playing yet? I am trying to get an idea of what to play and I like to know what ohters are playing first.

Greylond
10-19-2008, 06:33 PM
The Die roller is part of the Post Creation Text Box Controls. When you make a post, above the box where you type you will see controls for Bold, Italics, Underline, etc. At the end of that line is a Red d6. You just click that to add a die roll to your post. For example;

4d6 roll as an example

As for a class for me, see this;

For me it all depends on the dice. I'm partial to Elves or Halflings. M-Us, MU/Th, or just Thief but I've played just about everything. I tend to roll the stats first and let the dice point me in a direction or two..

So, I'll wait until I see what stats I roll...

Excior
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Yea bear with me guys, I am still waiting on a reply about getting a game board. as soon as I get that I will post character creation Information. So you guys can begin to form a plan I will say this. starting level will be level 2 I would like for all the PC's to be citizens of the Free City of Greyhawk. You can explain your first level as being either in the city watch for fighters and even clerics (everybody needs a medic) thieves could have been really active in the guild and of course Magic Users can be studens at the Magic Collage.

raven21
10-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Got it some how I missed the part that you where waiting on a board. Well keep me informed, I guess I need to see what my stats roll also to se what I can play.

Excior
10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
If its allowed you guys can roll your stats in this thread 4d6 6 times drop the lowest roll. The reason I say if its allowed one of the other sites I play on does not allow you to roll stats in advert threads. or intrest threads.

nijineko
10-19-2008, 10:52 PM
here you can roll wherever...

example roll

Greylond
10-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Ok, here we go for attributes then;

Greylond's Stat Roll

Greylond
10-20-2008, 01:20 AM
FYI. Going to go with a Gnome Ill/Th.

Rules questions for the DM:

Are you using Non-Weapon Prof(Technically by the rules they are optional)?
If so, how are you treating the "No. of Lang" bonus from Int(Is it a + to how many languages you know at start, or is it just a straight bonus to NWP Slots)?

You said that we start at 2nd Level, what does that translate into for Multi-class characters?

Excior
10-20-2008, 06:29 PM
FYI. Going to go with a Gnome Ill/Th.

Rules questions for the DM:

Are you using Non-Weapon Prof(Technically by the rules they are optional)?
If so, how are you treating the "No. of Lang" bonus from Int(Is it a + to how many languages you know at start, or is it just a straight bonus to NWP Slots)?

You said that we start at 2nd Level, what does that translate into for Multi-class characters?

Yes we are using non weapon Prof. as far as int goes you can use those slots for either languages or bonus weapon/nonweapon slots. a multiclass character will be 1/1 take max hit points for each of those classes then avg the two together which would be 5 for you Ill/Th then each level after that I want you to take 2 for Ill and 6 for Th every time you advance in the class Use this site to store your character sheet, It has an AD&D sheet on it.

Character Sheet.NEt (http://charactersheet.net/)

raven21
10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
raven21 rolls some dice
raven21 rolls some dice
raven21 rolls some dice
raven21 rolls some dice
raven21 rolls some dice
raven21 rolls some dice

Ok I am going to try for a stat roll

raven21
10-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Im not sure what I did I was going to write what my actuall stats where and it rolled them again for some reason and did post my actual numbers.

Greylond
10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
My character name is Klemmut Knosekin and here's the rest of his rolls;

Klemmut's Height
Klemmut's Weight
Klemmut's Age
Klemmut's Money roll

Excior
10-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Im not sure what I did I was going to write what my actuall stats where and it rolled them again for some reason and did post my actual numbers.

which set of dice got those numbers the first one or the second one?

Greylond
10-20-2008, 10:26 PM
How many and what spells do I start off with?

Excior
10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
you start off with two spells in your spell book one of them has to be an Illusion spell.

Greylond
10-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Does that include Read and/or Detect? Or just two overall?

Excior
10-20-2008, 10:32 PM
you get read magic for free everymage is assumed to know that spell by heart, I will even allow you to cast it from memory.

Excior
10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
That would be Read Magic (permantly inscribed in your mind) Plus one Illusion school and one other school.

Greylond
10-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Ok, thanks. Can I use a kit from the Complete Book of Gnomes & Halflings? Specifically the Buffoon Kit?

raven21
10-21-2008, 08:09 AM
which set of dice got those numbers the first one or the second one?

its from the first set. I am not sure how I got the second set or what they even are. I thought you would want me to use the first set anyways. Do we need to roll our ht, wt, and age or can we just pick it? Also are you familiar with the experty rule for non fighters.

Mindbomb
10-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't get this dice roller

Greylond
10-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't do the "*6" thing. Do the 4d6 die roller but repeat that command 6 times

starwolf013
10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Ability scores (in no particular order)

Stat A
Stat B
Stat C
Stat D
Stat E
Stat F

Excior
10-21-2008, 04:44 PM
its from the first set. I am not sure how I got the second set or what they even are. I thought you would want me to use the first set anyways. Do we need to roll our ht, wt, and age or can we just pick it? Also are you familiar with the experty rule for non fighters.

You can Pick your hight and weight and thanks for taking the first set of stats. you did drop the lowest die roll in each seat correct? now as far as Experty what the heck is that? if you mean Expert you cant take that at second level.

Excior
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok, thanks. Can I use a kit from the Complete Book of Gnomes & Halflings? Specifically the Buffoon Kit?

yes you can have a Kit never herd of the Buffon before, then again I have not delved too deeply into the Copmlete book of Gnomes and Halflings.

Excior
10-21-2008, 04:47 PM
I got my board I am going to spend the rest of the week setting it up as i get things ready I will let you guys start posting. I will open up an OOC thread on the board for us to start using there.

Mindbomb
10-21-2008, 08:49 PM
My stats(finally)

Mindbomb rolls some dice
Mindbomb rolls some dice
Mindbomb rolls some dice
Mindbomb rolls some dice
Mindbomb rolls some dice
Mindbomb rolls some dice

Excior
10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
My game board is called Castle Greyhawk. By the way if you have more than one stat below a nine change one of them to a nine and keep the other one where it is.

Greylond
10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
yes you can have a Kit never herd of the Buffon before, then again I have not delved too deeply into the Copmlete book of Gnomes and Halflings.

It's an Ill/Th kit that kinda makes the character similar to a Bard. I'll type up all the pertinent info on my character sheet so you can read it. If you don't like it I'll change it or drop it.

raven21
10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
You can Pick your hight and weight and thanks for taking the first set of stats. you did drop the lowest die roll in each seat correct? now as far as Experty what the heck is that? if you mean Expert you cant take that at second level.

That might be what it is called it is what lets non fighters get the 3/2 attacks like fighters get.

Excior
10-22-2008, 06:58 AM
That might be what it is called it is what lets non fighters get the 3/2 attacks like fighters get.

You mean being specialized I will allow it for one weapon only as it represents you spending most of your time learning how to use that weapon. It costs 2 WP slots to get.

Greylond
10-22-2008, 10:29 AM
No, he's talking about becoming an "Expert" with a weapon. Something for Non-Fighters. Specialization is for Fighters only. "Expert" was in one of the addon rules sets for 2nd Ed. Can't remember right now if it was from the Complete Fighters or somewhere else.

raven21
10-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes that is what I was referring too. I can't remember what book it is in either, but I will find it if you want.

Mindbomb
10-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Combat and Tactics I'm almost positive.

Excior
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
No Combat and Tactics only the complete books are allowed. check out the complete book of fighters there are lots of stuff in there for non fighter realted classes such as fighting styles.

Excior
10-22-2008, 05:02 PM
We can move all this talk to the OOC thread On the Castle Greyhawk Board.

Excior
11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Those of you who wanted to play please take a look at my game board and get those characters in.