PDA

View Full Version : Genre musings

Stormhound
10-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I recently posted a recruitment thread of sorts for Illuminati University, though I had to scratch my head a bit when trying to figure out what genre to label it, considering that characters could reasonably come from quite a few different genres and fit in...it's really a cross-genre setting, where "expect the unexpected" is less an oxymoron than a survival trait.

I ended up picking "modern", to reflect the timeline of the setting, but that was more because I had to pick something. Would it fit better elsewhere? Do we need a "cross-genre" genre? Or a "humorous" genre? Or maybe just a level 5 thermal cleaning and a mindwipe of all involved?

MuslixtheMighty
10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
General Chatter (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
This forum is for general topics not related to roleplaying, or topics not about any particular game or genre.

Maybe this is what you were looking for.

nijineko
10-16-2008, 12:18 AM
i think he was obliquely suggesting that some more genres be added to the list for selection purposes, and thus the suggestion box would be the perfect place for this post... assuming that i'm right about that, of course. ^^

Stormhound
10-16-2008, 06:26 AM
You're pretty much right; I just figured that other people might want to weigh in on the subject, and prefer that approach to making demands. :)

Farcaster
10-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I was thinking that would fall under the category of "Universal," so it sounds like you posted it in the right place. But, if you think of something more appropriate, I'd be happy to hear about it.

:D

nijineko
10-16-2008, 05:42 PM
i could vote for a "multi-system" or "multi-genre" option to select from. ^^ that would cover all the potential cross over type stuff in two fell swoops.