PDA

View Full Version : Seattle - LFP to start 3.5 D&D

Deisangua
10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Looking for players without a group in the Seattle/North Seattle/Eastside area for a 3.5 D&D campaign. Currently myself and one other P&P user have agreed to try and start a campaign, but a full group is desired.

The DM's Style: Experienced, creative, quick to adapt to changing events, recognizes that the characters - not the NPCs - are the heroes, and is naturally easygoing but also quite capable of being firm if it is required. Avoids modules, has personally developed settings and histories rather than book-based ones such as Forgotten Realms, etc. Goes by the rules 95% of the time but will infrequently bend, defy, or adjust rules when plausibility is compromised, for dramatic effect, or to close mechanical loopholes. House rules exist but are minimal. Builds games and plotlines around the players' character choices. Rewards for achieving role-playing goals and combat alike, as well as bonuses for ingenuity and teamwork. Luck and randomness typically play a large part for encounters, treasures, etc. Largely seen as both fair and challenging...gets volunteered to run games a lot.

Groups: Moderation is highly preferred. Would like to avoid building a group that is "too extreme" about anything (that is, too serious or too silly, too hellbent on rules or too freewheeling and LARP-lovin', with players that are too dominant or too passive). Just be able to relax, have a good time, and be able to roll with the punches. That said, both new and highly experienced players are welcome, and anything in between.

It can be hard to balance schedules but we are willing to try our damnedest to make it work for everyone so long as people show up with regularity. Would like to have 3-4 hours of solid gaming, not counting the hour it tends to take get everyone together and focused and the other half hour to hour it takes to wind down. Just being realistic here.

Campaign: There is no specific plotline; the DM can come up with something quick to start off. As mentioned above, the DM prefers to form a plotline around the characters rather than thrust the characters into a plotline, giving people more comfort to play characters they want to play instead of trying to have everyone worry about how to fill "that missing role." This means the plot will be based largely on decisions you and your fellow players make at character creation, and will be expanded upon in more detail thereafter. Would prefer to start at 1st level, with 3 "extra lives" up to 5th level (at a minimum). Other than that, the game is pretty much all of ours to devise and develop.

Questions? Contact me here or in a private message. Have a kickass day.

Zeneak
10-16-2008, 09:41 PM
i know my way to UW from my local, but it would be a bit of a feat getting myself to the actual location. aside from that though the additional problem that i am having is that saturday and sunday are busy days for me, but aside from that it sounds fun. if anything comes up about a change in time or something i may be able to attend. so if you have specific contact information

masterjudge
10-17-2008, 04:06 PM
One of my friends and and might be interested. More info would be great though.

vincent77f
10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Sounds like you're game might be what I'm looking for. I don't mind commuting up if you're still looking for players. My perfered days for gaming are friday and saturday, but I'm also good for sunday as long as it doesn't run too late. The only thing that might be a problem is that I use my laptop for gaming; some DM's have a problem with this. I have my books on it and my character sheet, I prefer to bring actual dice. I will stress that I only use my computer for gaming during a game.

Kronto
10-22-2008, 09:01 AM
This could work for me if you're still looking for players. I would like to get back to playing/running. The atmosphere sounds cool, and seems a good match. Please let me know if you are still looking. Also forward any additional info or restrictions. Thanks

sadakat
11-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I would love to join you. I'll PM you for more info!

dgk1813
11-13-2008, 10:22 PM
This sounds like a good fit, I like the DM style especially. Ill PM you for more info

silkygreenbelly
12-12-2008, 12:03 AM
I'd be interested if you are still looking.

Organic
12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi my brother and I used to play D&D ages ago. We both live in the Seattle area and are looking for a game we both fit the description of the type of players you are looking for (not to serious but really just love D&D) only problem is we just bought the 4th Edition and are all jacked up to play it..

Do you play or plan on playing 4th edition at all just curious anyways we are very interested in playing if you still need players please don't hesitate to email me at mrk.klein@gmail.com

thanks

Lilbnyfufu
12-30-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm looking to get into a campaign. It's been over a year since I've been in a campaign. I'm a veteran 3.5 player with books, dice and creativity in both character concepts and game play. I'm mobile, can give rides if needed and would like to jump in as soon as possible.

nauchrifter
01-11-2009, 06:54 PM
If you are still looking for players/DM I would be interested. I am primarily used to 3.5 and some 4E and have played over 10 years now. Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/Greys/misc/progress.gif

Kelvada
01-26-2009, 06:16 PM
If you still have a spot open, I am quite interested and very nearby. I cannot make a weekly game, however... bi-weekly is probably the most frequent I can make. I am not opposed to being NPCd or PCd by another player in sessions I would miss, though.

TakeYourProzac
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I am also wondering if this game is still going, and if it has an open seat. I can make weekly games (I much prefer them actually) and drive up to Seattle weekly, so that will work great.

Kronto
01-28-2009, 10:20 PM
OK, I'm going to take up the proverbial ball here. I am very interested in getting a group going. I can be a player or DM as needed. I have seen some interest lately.

Please contact me if you're looking to start a campaign group, or need more players. All my info is in my profile. Hope to hear from you soon.

My preferences would be D&D(2nd, 3rd, 3.5, 4th).

And my best days are Monday, Weds, Fri evenings, or early on Saturdays.

Dante626
03-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey there, I'm a new player looking to learn how to play. Pretty laid back. Always been interested but never had an opportunity before to learn. I'm wondering if anything is still going on with this group?

thruf
03-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi, I am new to town looking as well for a group to start gaming in seattle and your style fit to what I am used to play and like. Do you need by chance one more player?

JohnnyB
09-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Still looking for players for a 3.5 edition D&D game? If so I would be interested in playing. All my info is in my profile. Shoot me an email at jblaze024@hotmail.com if you're interested in talking further. Thanks!