PDA

View Full Version : Grimm RPG

MuslixtheMighty
10-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I came across a page about the Grimm RPG, a game and world based off the Grimm Brothers Fairytales. Has anyone played it? I am very curious to find out more.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/grimm/about.html

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I came across a page about the Grimm RPG, a game and world based off the Grimm Brothers Fairytales. Has anyone played it? I am very curious to find out more.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/grimm/about.html
It looks like it has potential, both by itself and even fitting into a special wfrp campaign. If someone doesnt speak up, i may have to pick up a copy of the rules and take a look-see.

MuslixtheMighty
10-12-2008, 09:57 PM
It looks like it has potential, both by itself and even fitting into a special wfrp campaign. If someone doesnt speak up, i may have to pick up a copy of the rules and take a look-see.

The game looks like it has a lot of potential but I would like some insight into the game before I decide to drop the typical core book dollar amount of $40.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Yep, that is kinda rich for something bought unseen. Agreed.

fmitchell
10-13-2008, 12:54 AM
First off, Grimm doesn't use WFRP, as far as I can tell. It's a system unto itself.

I have it, but have only leafed through it. I like the simple game system, and their twisted take on fairy tale characters like Humpty Dumpty, Rapunzel, Snow White, and Little Red Riding Hood.

Like your typical indie game, it is focused on its theme to the exclusion of all else ... but if you'd like to play a kid lost in a nightmarishly twisted realm of fairy tales, it's pretty good.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-13-2008, 01:25 AM
I realized it didnt use wfrp, i just thought it be interesting to merge the two for an unusual game. I can see myself using the game ideas to begin a campaign with. Who knows, maybe it's just another pipe dream, but oh do i like the halflings leaf. Kidding.

Thanx for the info, fmitchell.

gdmcbride
10-13-2008, 01:41 AM
I have played Grimm once (a con demo) and it is a boatload of fun. It is the RPG of kids trapped in a world of twisted fairy tales questing to escape and find their way home.

Even if the overall premise doesn't grab you, Grimm is full of wonderful material concerning what a fractured fairy tale kingdom might look like. A great read and a great game.

Gary

MuslixtheMighty
10-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I gathered all of the story-ness off of the site that I found it on and I see that it has a D6 unisystem. Is it easy to pick up and learn? Is making a character just as fun as playing him/her?

Bearfoot_Adam
10-13-2008, 10:58 AM
I realized it didnt use wfrp, i just thought it be interesting to merge the two for an unusual game. I can see myself using the game ideas to begin a campaign with. Who knows, maybe it's just another pipe dream, but oh do i like the halflings leaf. Kidding.

Thanx for the info, fmitchell.

If you're just looking for inspiration for Grimm fairy tails head to the library and see if you can find a copy of Grimm's Grimmest. They are the traditional tellings of the stories and boy are they fun.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
If you're just looking for inspiration for Grimm fairy tails head to the library and see if you can find a copy of Grimm's Grimmest. They are the traditional tellings of the stories and boy are they fun.
Sounds like a fun read. I'll definitely go check out a copy.