PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Ed. KotOR period

eocine
10-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi there,

I'm here from a small but friendly board looking for new blood for a game that I'm starting there. Posting pace is generally one or two a day minimum, but if things are flowing well then inevitably we'll post more often than that. :D

I'm starting up a new game, it's going to be a Star Wars one, set in the KotOR period, and beginning about six months after the end of The Sith Lords.

----------

Revan and the Exile are both missing, in the unexplored region, apparently searching for the 'true Sith', that could have been the cause of Revan trying to take over the Republic in the first place.

Most of the Jedi have been wiped out, between the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Purge initiated by the Sith Triumvirate, and Darth Nihilus destruction of Katarr.

However some of the Jedi have survived, and are attempting to rebuild the shattered order, and find their place in the universe at large again.

In the past two months, on the edges of the known universe, an invasion force has threatened, and indeed invaded several planets, though details are strangely sketchy as to their numbers and tactics at this stage.

Mandalore the Preserver continues his attempts, at Revan's request, to pull the disparate Mandalorian tribes together, presumably to battle this menace. Whilst at the same time the Republic fleets are mustering around Coruscant, under the command of Admiral Onasi.

This time the Jedi are not riven by indecision, but they are at their weakest in decades, and all recognise the need for caution, and separation, for if they die, then the order is surely lost.

The fallen Jedi archiver Atris has followed the path of the Exile, and left civilised space, suffering banishment for her fall, and the crimes of jealousy and anger.

----------

I'm going to be pitching this game at about 4th level, and you can only pick from the following classes;

Soldier
Scoundrel
Scout
Noble

You WILL get the chance to multiclass into Jedi later on, but nobody will be starting as one.

Regarding species, if you want to be something other than human can you please check with me first so I can give a yay or nay, as some species are different back in the KotOR to they are now, and I also want to get a leg up and prepare for things like that. Generally speaking I'll say yes, but there are some plans I have regarding certain species that mean I might say no.

----------

Regarding levelling up;

It's pretty much established that going up levels in forum games takes ages, thus I'm going to do two things;

Firstly I'm going to give out double XP awards.

Secondly every time you level up you'll be going up two levels, which should mean that we're actually decently powerful sometime before 2050...

----------

I appreciate that a lot of you either won't know too much about the game system, or the KotOR world, or both, but I'm happy to take you through things as best I can, so if there's anything you don't know just ask!

----------

Obviously this is pretty early on, I don't envision starting much before early November, but it gives people a heads up.

-----------

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Spiral_Safari/index.php?act=idx

jho251981
03-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I would love to join up.

I don't know much about the Star Wars D20 gameplay (however I have played 1 game of Star Wars D20 and several game sof D and D) I have played the first Kotor but not the second one.) I would have to take a look at the classes (I have access to the books)

russdm
03-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I would like to join up for this.

eocine
03-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi there to both of you.

Excellent, there's been a hiatus due to lack of players of late, but if you're still interested I'd be extremely happy to get it started again.

jho251981
04-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Still interested. Thinking of being a scoundrel. Have to read up on the books. will respond back a little later.

russdm
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I am thinking about making a soldier.

Damon Baird
04-24-2009, 07:28 PM
I'll be either a scout or soldier if I'm allowed to play in this.

jho251981
04-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Still interested. Still reading the book. Mainly for DM purposes as well, however working on it. Scoundrel is still what I am thinking of being. I don't know much about the KOTR era. I only have the Star Wars Sage Edition rulebook.

I am fine being human.

russdm
08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
So, is this game still running?