PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Class

Grandore The Giant Killer
10-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey I just came up with a new class that I plan on introducing into my games and allowing my players to use. It's a concept that I haven't seen done yet in D&D And I think it'd be pretty fun. Below I shall list the class types.

Amazoness Swordswoman: As an Amazon Swordswoman you are basically the knights and are of the highest ranked warriors in your land. You weild swords and any heavy weapon with ease. You come across scantally clad but your skin is as hard as a rock due to the many years of training you have endured to get to where you are.

Amazoness Chain Fighter: As an Amazoness Chain Fighter you specialize in using flail weapons such as Whips and chains. You also specialize in blunt weapons such as maces and staffs. Any blunt weapon in your grasp feels light as a feather giving you the ability to weild the heaviest of blunt weapons with the greatest of ease. Using any flail you gain enchantment bonuses to lace your attacks with different types of elements.

Amazoness Blow Piper: As an Amazoness Blow Piper you use the art of blowing darts from a pipe with deadly accuracy. You can conjur up spells to enchant your darts with many nasty effects such as poison, stun, fire damage, etc. Also as a Blow Piper you master the art of stealth and remaining hidden while you use your dart gun to keep them on there toes.

Amazoness Hunter: As an Amazoness Hunter you are a trap master. Laying traps and identifying traps are your specialty. Unlike Rogues you can even pick up and move other traps, such as traps other individuals set. As a Hunter you also specialize in using your 6 senses to gain an advantage. With a bow and Arrow you can hit an enemy from far far distances before they even realize where it came from.

Amazoness Tiger: As an Amazoness Tiger you are honored as the only kind of males allowed in the village. You are a royal guard and servant to the Amazons. You are a brute in battle and fight like a savage beast. As an Amazoness Tiger you use a variety of different roars to do multiple effects. Some may effect enemies, others may bring effects to your allies giving them boosts. Also as an Amazoness Tiger you can use your surroundings to bring forward other forces of nature to fight on your side.

What do you guys think? This is the basic blue print right now. I haven't written up the spells for the levels yet but I have plenty of basic ideas. I'm open for suggestions and thoughts.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Very cool so far. I'd love to see what else you got. Be sure to share as you create and i'd be happy to throw in my 2 coppers of opinions. So far though, very excellent.

MuslixtheMighty
10-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I really like your male class but the I am confused by the Chain Fighter. How can she use clubs and staffs as well as she wields chains and whips? They both use different fighting styles and techniques. Other then that, great job.

Grimwell
10-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I like the ideas because you are tailoring the classes to the culture they are in. I'm a big fan of that, populating a game world with well defined cultures and peoples. Which rules system do you intend to spec these classes out for?

Grandore The Giant Killer
10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I really like your male class but the I am confused by the Chain Fighter. How can she use clubs and staffs as well as she wields chains and whips? They both use different fighting styles and techniques. Other then that, great job.

Well if you want to get technical Flail weapons do sort of fall under blunt weapons. That and I mainly added it for the sheer fact that there aren't that many flail weapons in D&D without making custom weapons. I mean yes there are chain flails and whips but they are from the basic shop and they barely do jack squat for damage. It's really like a preference. As a chain fighter you can go dual weilding with 2 heavy ass blunt weapons like lets say 2 giant clubs that would normally weigh somewhere from like 20-50 lbs each for a normal character but she can weild like they are weightless. All about Variety my friend all about variety.

It's also the same with the Tiger. You can play him like a barbarian OR you can focus on using more Nature force spells. See not only am I making these characters unique classes but I am also making them unique to players because while 1 player may play 1 class one way another player may play that same class with a whole different strategy. Not only would it make the game more fun but it also would make people want to use these classes.

And to answer grimwell's question I am tailoring this to the 4th Edition handbook mainly because I like how there are different class types unlike the same blah blah Paladin and blah blah characters running around.

Grumpy Old Man
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Does your Amazon Huntress do windows weed garden and row fishing boats and if she does where can I get one.

nijineko
10-05-2008, 11:38 PM
you could use the three-part staff. it's a long staff joined by chains. oriental adventures, i do believe. which also has more chain based weapons, btw. ^^ the old dragon magazines have lots more weapons, some of which are chain based. check out http://www.aeolia.net/dragondex and look up the weapon section. =D

dragonfire
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Nice ideas but how many people here know what amazon actually means. And no it doesnt mean female warrior. The name was applied to them because it mean "single breast", the women would have to cut off one of there breast so it would not get in the way while using a bow. You should make that a pre-req for anyone that wants to take the class

nijineko
10-13-2008, 02:12 AM
i was going to mention that bit of trivia, but you beat me to it. ^^

Valdar
10-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Those seem to be doable with new feats and existing classes, or even existing feats and existing classes- though in 4e, they'd make excellent NPC "types"- check out the Lizardman darter for an example of poison darts, though that seems like something from the South American river Amazon rather than the Greek warrior Amazon...

Wouldn't "Amazoness" be redundant? And inaccurate for the Tiger?

Wikipedia has something to say about the one-breast thing as well- seemed to be a later development from folk etymology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons