PDA

View Full Version : Perplex

boulet
09-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Is it me or when I watch the "New Posts" list some thread titles are black and some are dark gray ? Maybe it's just my poor old eyes but if not I'd be curious to know the meaning behind it.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Is it me or when I watch the "New Posts" list some thread titles are black and some are dark gray ? Maybe it's just my poor old eyes but if not I'd be curious to know the meaning behind it.
I dont know if this is what youre talking about, but for me, the links that i have hit change into dark gray from black.

boulet
09-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Well maybe I get you wrong but what you describe is probably what happens when one clicks on a thread and then use the "Go Back" function of the browser and then refresh the list. In this case the read titles are not displayed in bold like the unread ones. But I'm talking of bold threads with slighter grayish color just after clicking "New Posts".

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Well maybe I get you wrong but what you describe is probably what happens when one clicks on a thread and then use the "Go Back" function of the browser and then refresh the list. In this case the read titles are not displayed in bold like the unread ones. But I'm talking of bold threads with slighter grayish color just after clicking "New Posts".
I dont believe you got me wrong, boulet. I believe it was i that was mistaken. I'm curious what the answer is too, so will be lurking this thread. (;

Farcaster
09-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Do you have a screenshot where you can highlight what you are talking about?

boulet
09-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Right now all post are marked as read for me. I'll try and upload a screen shot a little later when a few threads reappear in the new posts list.

boulet
09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=43&pictureid=333

So here I'm pointing at a gray thread on this screen shot. Gimp tells me that the darker titles have a RGB hex value of 181818, and the clearer thread is 2d2d2d.

Hey it's no big deal. I only wish I knew if there was some hidden meaning :)

Mindbomb
09-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Must have a really nice screen cause I sure can't tell.

boulet
09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Just a regular Dell laptop computer screen.

Webhead
09-24-2008, 01:27 PM
I am not able to distinguish the difference at a casual glance, but when I look at your screen shot very closely, I do see the very faintest difference between the two shades.

Curious.

Farcaster
09-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah, sorry. Don't see it at all.

cplmac
09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
On my screen I can see what Boulet is talking about. The one that has the arrow pointing to it is a lighter shade of black as opposed to the to listings above it that are a true black color. I see variations in dye lots of colors of shirts in my work. About the only thing I can think of would be the fact that my screen is not a flat screen and that viewing the color at differing angles may cause variations in shading, but then I believe that laptops have flat screens so I guess that flushes that theory down the toilet.:confused:

boulet
09-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Scatology and Theory ! Alleluia ! Everything is clear now :rolleyes:

tesral
09-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Scatology and Theory ! Alleluia ! Everything is clear now :rolleyes:

Broswer setting. On mine I see the unread as bold text.