PDA

View Full Version : Game Chest

GoddessGood
09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Anybody know what happened to the Game Chest in Plano? I stopped by a while back and they weren't open. I checked on the Collin Creek mall website and they aren't listed as a tenant and the phone number is disconnected.

WTF M8?

Webhead
09-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I didn't know there was a Game Chest in Plano. The only one I ever knew about is the one in the Valley View mall...:confused:

That would suck if it has closed down before I've ever even had a chance to set foot inside...

Dimthar
09-23-2008, 05:31 PM
It is closed.

I heard somewhere that rent went up due to Collin Creek Mall remodeling.

Still there is a sign that says that says they will open during Holiday Season.

GoddessGood
09-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Damns. I guess Amazon gets my gaming dollars again due to lack of an FLGS to contribute to. I like the atmosphere at Lonestar, but it's a hell of a trek for me from McKinney.

Webhead
09-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Damns. I guess Amazon gets my gaming dollars again due to lack of an FLGS to contribute to. I like the atmosphere at Lonestar, but it's a hell of a trek for me from McKinney.

As always, there's still the Game Chest in the Valley View Mall in Dallas, but I have a very hard time shopping there as I just can't bring myself to pay cover price for books anymore. But they do sell a few things that I wouldn't buy online and they generally have a good assortment of out-of-print games. And I'm still really wanting to buy myself a copy of the Arkham Horror boardgame and Game Chest is the only brick-and-mortar around here that I know sells it.

There's also Talon Comics and Games up in Denton, if you ever travel up that way. Right next to the UNT campus. I haven't been there in years, so I'm not sure what is going on up there anymore, but the owner was a cool guy.

Sadly, FLGS's are a dying breed.

GoddessGood
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
I was particularly annoyed since I've been abstaining from gaming purchases due to lack of funds. Well, funds have arrived and I had been planning on laying down over $200 to catch myself up on my favorite system.

I'll try and make it over to the Valley View store as I've got an excuse to be in that area today. 52nd annual Greek Food Fest, y'all! It's over by Hillcrest and 635. Opa!

Farcaster
09-26-2008, 10:15 AM
That's too bad. I remember the Game Chest well. I liked those guys when I lived there. I'm glad to hear that they'll be back eventually though.

Chris House
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
TRY Maddness games on Custered and Park or parker
they got your back and Chris is a good guy, tell him Chris sent you and maybe he well only raise the price on your stuff a little more then noraml! -lol
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Madness Games & Comics Plano
3131 Custer Road
Suite # 125
Plano TX 75075
972-943-8135

GoddessGood
01-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'd been there and to Lonestar. I prefered Game Chest.

EngrishBob
01-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Last time I walked past the game chest in collin creek mall (last week?) there wasn't even a sign saying they would be back. If they've got the sign up now then I'll be a little happier. Still upsetting that they have to close. :(

The Game Chest in Valley View Mall is nice, although I have been there when the guy behind the counter was a total jerk. Still, that was one occurrence out of the many, many, many, many trips I've had, so I'd still give them the thumbs up.

I went to Lone Star only because it was the closest game store to where I lived, and I wasn't all that impressed. I did buy my WLD From them, though. I tried Madness at one point, but they didn't have what I was looking for at the time. I wouldn't say that was necessarily bad, because I was looking for something pretty obscure. The people there seemed very friendly to me.

At this point, though, I do most of my game shopping online or from Reaper's Asylum if I'm in the Denton area at the right time. =/