PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the armpit of New York (Syracuse)

Azuth
10-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Hi everyone. Glad to find a new place to look for a group.

Hoping for a Mutants & Masterminds or D&D game in the Syracuse area.

Azuth
03-22-2008, 07:15 AM
*casts raise dead on this thread*

Um hi. I'm twenty-one, male (though with this hobby that's more or less a given isn't it?), and currently looking for a group. My girlfriend, who is looking to join me with the gaming thing, is new but learning quickly.

We've played Mutants & Masterminds over AIM for several months but are looking for a face to face game.

The games we're available for are D&D (3.0/3.5), Mutants & Masterminds, and Big Eyes Small Mouth Second Edition.

boulet
03-22-2008, 08:56 AM
ooooh a zombie thread ! Does it bite ? Good luck with your search !

rabkala
03-22-2008, 10:39 AM
No, not a good zombie thread (animate dead or create undead are required). This guy must be rich though, those 5000 gp diamonds are a killer with inflation the way it is.

I thought Syracuse had been upgraded to orifice of NY.

Welcome aboard!
For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is a terrific tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Feel free to join in the discussions. I wish you the best of luck in your search!

cplmac
03-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Hello and welcome. Good luck in your search. Be sure to list yourself on the players registry.

Azuth
03-22-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm registered but sadly there aren't a lot of players looking in this area.

Our last online game transfered to OpenRPG but the GM wasn't using the map. And without the map the program is inferior to AIM, which we had been using.

tesral
03-24-2008, 01:34 PM
How does the spell know you spent 5000gp on the diamond? What if you got it from a discount diamond dealer, or at an estate sale? Never mind lifting it off a dead Lizard!'

In any case welcome to the fourm if a little belated.

Azuth
03-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I've done some random PM-ing of people in the area looking for A) fellow players and B) somebody to DM (I'm doing the community a favor by not being the guy behind the screen).

So far I've found three interested parties plus myself and my girlfriend.

Jonathan Kwiat
03-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Hi everyone. Glad to find a new place to look for a group.

Hoping for a Mutants & Masterminds or D&D game in the Syracuse area.

Yikes! What a title. Well it caught my eye that's for sure. Didn't know anybody called Syracuse an armpit...

I knew a guy that called NorthFork Long-Island the crotch of New York City because well...gee I ain't going into it.

He had his reasons, the most important one is that he like to tell stories when he worked in the malls there.

"So you're gonna cruze the miracle mile!? ... Can't you tell that the tires too wide...New Funk...Old junk" -A song line from a Billy Joel tune.

But that's OK, more the fool my friend because there are great vineyards up in that territory.

What's wrong with Syracuse?

-Jonathan

Azuth
03-25-2008, 06:19 AM
What's wrong with Syracuse?

-Jonathan

Mostly the weather, job market (not a huge problem for me as I own my own business but it sucks for my g/f), and lack of local nerds/gamers. Most of the people who did play D&D have their @$$es firmly planted in front of their computers playing World of Warcrack (I'll admit, I was addicted to the game too but I'm five months clean now).

boulet
03-25-2008, 06:50 AM
(I'll admit, I was addicted to the game too but I'm five months clean now).
Amen, brother
Aaaaamen

Azuth
03-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Amen, brother
Aaaaamen

Well, it isn't by choice. I owe family nearly $2000 :eek: :mad: in car repairs (broken CV joint requiring pretty much a complete axle change, brakes, new tires, and worn out coolant lines).

Cut out my RPG supplement spending so I should have the payback eventually.

tesral
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, it isn't by choice. I owe family nearly $2000 :eek: :mad: in car repairs (broken CV joint requiring pretty much a complete axle change, brakes, new tires, and worn out coolant lines).

Cut out my RPG supplement spending so I should have the payback eventually.

Them CV joints will kill ya.

Frobozz
03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Welcome. Glad to see so many players in the midwest region. :D

Azuth
03-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Them CV joints will kill ya.

So will making the mistake of taking your car to the dealership for work...