PDA

View Full Version : Kansas city Mature RPG'ers

Selles
09-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Looking for mature players, no all around goof offs. I am 36, married and live in Lenexa. I am currently in the process of forming a small (3 to 4) players group together. If you are interested, you'd be more than welcome. So far I have one other player willing to commit and the offer to another. He hasn't gamed in years and isn't familiar with 3.5 D&D but is zealous and willing to commit to every gathering. I haven't met him yet due to still trying to get a good mature group together before I set things in motion. I want a long lasting campaign starting from ground zero and growing into a powerful heroic group. It's hard to find players willing to following through with their commitment, or so I'm learning. Things come up and happen, that's a given, but I'd rather hold off on playing until everyone is available to play. I'll give you a general idea of the campaign I have brewing. There will be no psionics, no firearms. It is an age of ramped evil and few heroes. It will be a lush epic campaign. I enjoy giving good descriptions of the environments the PC are in. I feel it gives us all a chance to further emerge ourselves in the world. Magic is something "locals" do not want to talk about, let alone see it. They fear magic and those who wield it. Don't expect a heroic reception while sporting a flaming blade or riding in on a magic carpet. Although, if you saved the village in the past, you'll be a welcome hero, and wielding such items will help with the villagers portrayal of the heroic PC's. Magic items will not be on every village corner to buy or find. They will be earned and appreciated when found. Treasure will be the very same, earned. I want to start from the very beginning of each PC's journey and bring them together (individually at first) to the groups meeting point. I want players to role play their characters as if they were in that particular situation. There will be plenty of combat, but it only goes so far compared to good roleplay. I haven't seriously gamed in a while now, and am getting back into it. Over the years I have never had a chance to experience a long lasting campaign allowing me to grow with my group or character. I'd like to get that chance with this new group. I'm rusty, and the other guy is new to this system, but with a little patience I believe it will grow into something long lasting and good. If you are interested, let me know. If we click as a group, and you have the desire to DM or GM, perhaps we could switch off on DM'ing from one campaign to another. If not, thanks for your time and allowing me to go on my rant. Take care.

Shane

MegatonSunder
09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Sorry to be off topic, as I do not live in the area. But perhaps this will help you find players.

Is the Kansas City Role Players Guild still around? I lived in the area in 91-93, and they were a great resource for gamers. I played some of my most memorable games in their monthly gatherings.

They put on a yearly convention too, called Shauncon.

Thanks.

mrken
09-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Shane, your game sounds much like my game. Would enjoy playing with you guys but the drive would kill my gas budget. :(

Selles
09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for replying guys. I completely understand the traveling expense. I am currently driving from Lenexa to Blue springs for a place holder campaign. Hopefully I can get a full group to more forward with bringing this group together.

Flexxall
10-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Hello, I'm LFG for my daughter. She is 15 however she is very mature for her age and loves to play D&D. I found a location to go for her to play with other players but it is in Independance and that is a bit far to go on a regular basis. I noticed that you are looking to host a game here in the local area so I though I would see how that is going and if this might be a possibility for her to get involved with. Please let me know what you think.
Thank you
Steve
Flexxall@kc.rr.com

DarkKiaser
10-21-2008, 11:29 PM
I sent u a message. and i am leaving it here too.
Hi my name is Aaron.. i just set up a account here and i saw you where looking for players my user name is Darkkiaser check out my profile if it is what you are looking for send a message back. if not thats ok then have a good day and be safe out there :)
ty aaron

Reliquary
11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Hi there, I'm 31, married, and also looking for a solid group of mature and rather "settled" players interested in what I like to think of as immersive roleplay, dedicated to a regular game/time, and delving into some classic fantasy.

I've played 2e, 3e, and even tried a bit of the 4e D&D. I've also played Mutants & Masterminds, Star Wars d6/d20 and SW Saga along with bits of Werewolf and Shadowrun. I've been gaming off and on for many years now and I find myself GMing as often as I play and always enjoy doing either, though I consider myself a roleplayer first and a GM second.

I can be reached at: bachelor333 -at- hotmail -dot- com

orion_winterfire
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
this game (or something like it) still on?

Selles
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Hello. Yes the game is still on. We are down to two players, both late 20's. They are level two right now. We are using 3.5 but have several house rules we all agree to first. The PC's are roleplay orientated and take their decisions seriously. We are all about a good time, but don't want too much OOC chatter. We have lost 3 players in the last few months due to different reasons, we want someone who can commit to the group and stick with it. I always encourage feedback and ideas for their character direction in the game. W've had 8 to 10 sessoins at about 3-4 four hours each, and the PC's just leveled to 2nd if that gives you an idea of our gameplay. We enjoy a good fight, but are definitely not hack and slash. We could use another 2 players if someone has the same ideas as us and will stick it out. Take care and God bless.

orion_winterfire
03-12-2009, 01:11 PM
the campaign sounds interesting - and the style is something I could probably handle. It's just hard to get excited over a d&d/d20 game. I assume it's going to be a while before you move on to another system?

Sneaksta
03-13-2009, 09:13 AM
( please forgive me for this)

Kansas city Mature RPG'ers

sounds like a personals ad for 50 + sexually active gamers.......

Selles
03-13-2009, 09:16 AM
( please forgive me for this)

Kansas city Mature RPG'ers

sounds like a personals ad for 50 + sexually active gamers.......
It's ok, It's expected from someone who picks a name like "sneaksta", heck does anyone play anything besides a thief these days?

Sneaksta
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Actually, i've been dying to run a cleric then multiclass as a wizard.... just to have fun. yeah, higher spell failure chance, but not too bad with light armor... and i like using alot of the more uncommon spells/odballs for common situations, if I can figure a way :)

And, dude, be nice. I apologised in advance .... ;)

HonorBound
03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Selles, If ya game is still on ;) id be very much interested in joining your group. I'm 34 yrs old, living in Grandview MO. I'm an old school D&D player who has only barely touched 3rd ed rules. Other games I have played include Role Master, Shadow Run, and Warhammer Fantacy rpg. I very much enjoyed the Role Master system and D&D as a character participant, but I chose to heavily invest into the Warhammer Fantacy rpg as a GM. It's been 5+yrs since I touched a "paper and pen" rpg, but very much am looking forward to finding a group. I've been getting buy in receint years with Warcraft online, but it's just not the same :(

Selles
03-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Selles, If ya game is still on ;) id be very much interested in joining your group. I'm 34 yrs old, living in Grandview MO. I'm an old school D&D player who has only barely touched 3rd ed rules. Other games I have played include Role Master, Shadow Run, and Warhammer Fantacy rpg. I very much enjoyed the Role Master system and D&D as a character participant, but I chose to heavily invest into the Warhammer Fantacy rpg as a GM. It's been 5+yrs since I touched a "paper and pen" rpg, but very much am looking forward to finding a group. I've been getting buy in receint years with Warcraft online, but it's just not the same :(

I know what you mean about the online RPG thing. I've done my share of it, and it always left me unfullfilled in the long run. Our group is around your age and all used to game and are now getting back into it. We use 3.5 but have several house rules, such as critical hit location/effects, and a few others. We want someone who is in it for the long haul and is roleplay orientated. We certainly enjoy a good fight, but roleplay is where it's at for us. We use minatures more for fight location reference and to get a better feel for the map. I currently live in Lenexa, but am moving to Raymore in a week, so you'd be closer for sure. If you're interested, email me at Ironwind1972-heroic at yahoo dot com Hope to talk to you soon, take care.

rainwolf001
06-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey, if you read my profile, you know I am interested in starting to play again. If your looking for players, I would love to join. My email is bobby.payne1978@gmail.com

Meep
06-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Sounds like a good group. I'm interested! I'll email you as well.

rainwolf001
06-19-2009, 08:21 PM
If you are still looking for players, I'm definately game, Someone let me know, ad I'm itching to play again. lol

ksbsnowowl
01-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey, I'm a KC native who just moved back to the area, and I'm looking for a 3.5 D&D game. I found a "beer and pretzels" game near my home, but that just isn't my style, and I didn't really care for the chain-smoking.

I'm 29, married, stable job, etc, and I'm looking for a group of mature, normal folk to play with. I'm ususally a 50/50 roleplay/combat type, but wouldn't be opposed to more roleplay. I live near Worlds of Fun, but wouldn't mind driving a bit.

What day(s) to you guys play?

Dakyris
06-29-2014, 01:45 PM
I am looking for a group to play with. I have been playing for far longer than I like to think about :). I have experience with 3.5 and I love long campaigns. I enjoy role playing and always try to act as if it was me in that situation. I try not to say "My character does that". I prefer to say, "I do this". You get the idea.
Look forward to hearing from you.